It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question ATS More…

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
a reply to: Indigo5

kidding right? they got their arses kicked on a forum, take a break

Umm..not sure what you mean?

Yes...They got their "arses kicked" on a forum?

No..I did not mean literally?

It was an expression of speech? Was that offensive to you?

On the thread in question, several posters of apparent Chinese origin purported that the Dali Llama owned slaves and caused a genocide. they were challenged by multiple posters on ATS on factual and evidentiary grounds and utterly failed to support their claims and eventually abandoned the thread.

Does that help you?

IS (ISIS) are apparently burying people alive, guess what? i am denying ignorance ....... let me work it out for myself

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Nothing personal...But you seem to be getting personal and drifting off topic? Please don't take offense, I am ceasing to reply here..

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

a reply to: karmicecstasy

It was read in full, 4 times, despite the distraction of the green thing on the left, i think my point is valid

Ok so...Lets start off by attacking my avatar. Maybe that will work. At least it is a new tactic to prove you are right. So your point is, "does that make any NEWS outlet right? tell me" . Who said that. Where did I say that all news outlets are valid or not valid. Right or not right. I did not say that. And gasp SkepticOverlord did not say that in the thread that spawned this thread.

Quit not addressing what anyone actually said. And using the same old tired overused tactics. That people use when they can not actually debate a topic.

edit on 12-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Liberal1984

I would rather read the tabloids than believe the lies pumped thru
any MSM outlet from anywhere on The Globe. I am constantly amazed
at people, who just buy whatever the propaganda the tube spitz all over
them.
Without a lick of proof for what their being told. No evidence at all!
Then turn around and call for the evidence that God exists, while
ignoring the previous mentioned fact.

Total double standard and it's putrid. I mean it really is putrid.
edit on Rpm81214v092014u16 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
My observation is due to my being hopeful that I'll see one of my threads posted on FB then I can link it and share it with friends and family.

Well I hope that comes true for you, and I look forward to seeing it if it does.

And - as I've said previously (and frankly I'm sick of repeating myself) - I don't deal with the FB page directly and nor do I care which ATS threads appear on there so I can't answer your question.

No worries I understand neff , maybe you can direct me to someone who can ?

Humbly

LSH

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

i have bad eyes that are drawn to bright colours, that means i am drawn in that direction, so i am not attacking that green and white blur, new tactic? i think not you window licker, might i suggest you scroll back

Best Regards

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

i have bad eyes that are drawn to bright colours, that means i am drawn in that direction, so i am not attacking that green and white blur, new tactic? i think not you window licker, might i suggest you scroll back

Best Regards

So now you call me a window licker. Another tactic used by people who can not debate a topic or address what people actually said with information that refutes what they said. You call people names and draw on emotion instead of well thought out responses. Good for you. I will not argue with you. You are free to believe what you want. Have fun brother.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

LOL, so narrow minded, narrow your respondants. Conversation ENDS now

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If my belief in God is open to ridicule, for lack of evidence?
Then so be it with anything said in the news media.

One huge star and one huge flag! I don't mean false flag either.
edit on Rpm81214v232014u29 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Real and true investigative, unbiased, uncorrupted and uncorruptable, pure journalism only exists in brief spurts anymore, so all we can do is look at it all for what it is both telling us and not telling us.

Point being, you're going to get propaganda and bias whatever the source, no source in unimpeachable, and coming into them all cold and attempting to understand said propaganda based on the source and the culture and the agendas or purpose from all the angles is a critical factor in making and independent and informed decision.

They're all pieces of the puzzle, the good and the bad, and when you realize this, you also realize that the more you know, the more you don't know and that the truth or the answers are probably not really within our reach, so you either accept this or fall back into your comfort zone and live that way.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
If my belief in God is open to ridicule, for lack of evidence?
Then so be it with anything said in the news media.

One huge star and one huge flag! I don't mean false flag either.

If you think Anderson Cooper, Don Lemmon and God require of you the same faith, then I can't help you and neither can this OP discussion.

Your God is real or everything else is a lie?

Somehow this thread descended quickly into muddy nonsense IMO.

(post by randyvs removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I would agree that in order to have an accurate grasp on any given news story, you must compare multiple outlets and follow them to hard sources...transcripts, data, facts...when provided.

In my world I take no Western MSM at their word, but rather drill on the facts beneath the story...figure out what we know and don't know...and compare other outlets on the same story.

So, in todays news world, we each need to be our own investigators...which is why I like ATS...good posters do just that, investigate.

Good news...the internet affords easier investigation from multiple sources to vet Western MSM.

State sponsored propaganda does not offer that diversity of sources and opinions. Government agenized news by it's very nature does not entertain or tolerate competition...apart from the Western MSM and independent forums like ATS
Cuz they have to.

When Russia stops arresting, beating and gunning down journalists who question the Putin regime's policies...I'll consider taking them seriously.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

So much for the opinion of the absolutely weak.

You mean absolutely weak opinions?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

No...Please...this is not an OP debating the existence of God..

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I happen to agree 100% with skeptic overload

RT will publish anything they can which is anti west, plenty of people have fallen for there BS without questioning it or seeing what is really happening

RT have been very active is pointing fingers at the US over Gaza with 2,000 civilian dead in recent Israel & Hamas fighting, while Russian funded & armed Assad have the blood of 200,000 civilian deaths on there hands, a classic "look over there" strategy along with reporting unconfirmed official reports, they'll say Hamas commanders claimed over 500 deaths today while the truth comes out a week later that only 20 people died all in effort of stoking up hatred,

I also blame ATS for a rise in these homegrown lunatics

However, it was sensible for the owners of this site to take responsibility here and wake people up of there delusions that RT isn't a beacon of truth, it is flat out propaganda, which twists and distorts facts and is extremely biased

Great job, deny ignorance

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Kind of hard to investigate when everything we're allowed to see is in question, short of going there yourself, which is kind of hard to do 1.) when something's already happened and 2.) travel is restricted. But yes, that's why I like ATS too. When I don't like it is when it starts listing hard to one side or the other and there aren't enough people around to bale.

ETA: I don't really see much of a difference between state=sponsored and corporate-sponsored media these days either. And most are one or the other or both.
edit on 8/12/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
SO isn't the concentrated be-all that is ATS. He is a guy who runs a website, with his own opinions, which are just as valid as any of yours. He acts on what he thinks is right, and speaks out when he thinks he needs to. Just like all of you. You all bleat about freedoms.. but apparently it doesn't apply to SO. It's a free website. If you don't like the views, move along, nothing is stopping you. I've seen much more restrictive websites out there.. MANY more. This one is a fricking bastion of free speech.

Personally I wish he would block RT. I don't think he would, but it wouldn't cause me a moment of grief. Especially in the last couple of years, when I come here, it's as if I am on an anti-American website. Like some quasi-U.S.-hate site, who want this country to fail and die, and ridicule any decision this country makes. They hate all the U.S. leaders, policies, any decision the President makes (it is literally impossible for him to make a decision that won't be blasted.. and often from the same individuals.. and it doesn't just apply to this President), and hate anything the U.S. does in relation to other countries. Even the most beneficial and supportive causes are ridiculed as having ulterior motives.

I see people praising dictators, terrorists and fascists on a regular basis. Russia, China, Iran, Hamas, you name it.. they are doing "good" in the world, while the U.S. is an evil entity with a wicked agenda. I get sick of it. If you really like those countries so much.. move there. Stop bitching when one of the owners of a website in the UNITED STATES is critical of a KNOWN propaganda Russian mouthpiece news source, no matter how "great" you think their content is. If you really don't understand RT's tactics, you are more blind than you realize.

SO (and others) are not saying that U.S. news sources don't have their agendas. Of course they do. All news sources do across the planet. Personally less RT and Putin-hugging, anti-U.S. posters would suit me just fine.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think anyone taking sides has lost their mind. This news vs. that news.

Don't trust any of them! They are ALL in the entertainment industry. They will spin anything in whatever way they think is best to get more people's attention. Ratings. Money. And sometimes political power. Its reality tv. Nothing more. They are not in the business to educate you.

You want the truth? Dig for it.

Read it all! Especially the ones who's opinion is different from yours.

Pick the little bits of facts you can out of every dang one of them and THEN and only then, form your opinion.

Learn to think for yourself and stop letting the news stations think for you.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join