It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Bake Sale Ban Set to Hit Schools This Fall

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Before Obamacare, I wouldn't have had to.

That's bull#. Your taxes have been paying for Medicare and Medicaid ALL OF YOUR WORKING LIFE.

Who do you think it is that gets Medicaid, beez?

Poor people. Poor people who don't know how to stay healthy OR hold jobs - who raise fat, unhealthy kids - you've ALWAYS been paying for their poor decisions. YOU and I foot the bill for indigent ill people.

If they didn't get sick so often - if they weren't so 'vulnerable' to disabling health issues based LARGELY on poor diet and poor dentition/hygiene, etc. then we'd ALL be better off.

Are you really going to refuse to concede that ANYTHING I'm saying makes sense?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Before Obamacare, I wouldn't have had to.

That's bull#. Your taxes have been paying for Medicare and Medicaid ALL OF YOUR WORKING LIFE.

Who do you think it is that gets Medicaid, beez?

Poor people. Poor people who don't know how to stay healthy OR hold jobs - who raise fat, unhealthy kids - you've ALWAYS been paying for their poor decisions. YOU and I foot the bill for indigent ill people.

If they didn't get sick so often - if they weren't so 'vulnerable' to disabling health issues based LARGELY on poor diet and poor dentition/hygiene, etc. then we'd ALL be better off.

Are you really going to refuse to concede that ANYTHING I'm saying makes sense?

If everyone ate healthy, do you HONESTLY think for a single instant that the government would refund MY MONEY because they don't need it anymore?

*oh for gods sake!*

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247
Very smooth but still no dice.

You said people wanted capitalism and they've got it. They don't have capitalism and you know it.

Had you said people wanted "crony capitalism" your arrow wouldn't have had any barbs.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

We don't have a state-sponsored lesson plan. Yet.

C'mon, beez.

So - your wife does NOT spend time teaching your kids how to cook? You don't talk to them about the importance of good nourishment? I only had to keep a log of it to satisfy the state because I was caring for OTHER people's kids while the parents were working.

And I was very good at it.

But it's a shame if your kids are not being taught about WHY it's important to eat your wife's good cooking - or WHY it's important to their health and well-being.

Somehow I doubt that's the case - because you seem to be very conscientious. YOUR family is being fed properly, and taught to your own standards; that's wonderful.

But YOUR family is ALSO paying the price for other people's stupidity and self-imposed bad health. Literally. YOUR taxes are paying for their health care - with or without the ACA.
You really, honestly don't see that?

edit on 8/5/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

But YOUR family is ALSO paying the price for other people's stupidity and self-imposed bad health. Literally. YOUR taxes are paying for their health care - with our without the ACA.

Yeah, I see that. And it pisses me off because that is not the responsibility of government. They shouldn't be doing that to begin with!

Deliver the mail.
Fight wars.
Build a road or two.

But healthcare? I'm not convinced that it is a right that the government has to take care of.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: GetOutOfMyLight

For the moment I'm willing to give Buzzy the benefit of the doubt that they really do want to be a helpful presence in the world.

Well, shucks. Gee, thanks.

So - are you going to retract your ridiculous allegations that I "encourage and reward" poor decision making, then?
That would be kewl.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

We don't have a state-sponsored lesson plan. Yet.

C'mon, beez.

So - your wife does NOT spend time teaching your kids how to cook? You don't talk to them about the importance of good nourishment? I only had to keep a log of it to satisfy the state because I was caring for OTHER people's kids while the parents were working.

And I was very good at it.

But it's a shame if your kids are not being taught about WHY it's important to eat your wife's good cooking - or WHY it's important to their health and well-being.

Somehow I doubt that's the case - because you seem to be very conscientious. YOUR family is being fed properly, and taught to your own standards; that's wonderful.

But YOUR family is ALSO paying the price for other people's stupidity and self-imposed bad health. Literally. YOUR taxes are paying for their health care - with our without the ACA.

Not to jump in for the beez but who the eff are you to question people on how they raise their kids?

Worry about yourself.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Make no mistake, this is capitalism.....although it has been left to spiral out of control to the point we see today.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Stop promising to save people from themselves and be amazed at how quickly they start making better choices.

The ones that don't... well... some people prefer climbing cliffs without a harness and it's not my place to tell them to stop.

Well, shucks. Gee, thanks.

So - are you going to retract your ridiculous allegations that I "encourage and reward" poor decision making, then?
That would be kewl.

No... because I don't believe in rewarding your poor decisions. Just because your road to hell is paved with good intentions doesn't mean I will be overly polite to you as you unwittingly condition children to follow you there.

Playtime is over. The people who have been carrying the weight of your good intentions are starting to stir.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

If everyone ate healthy, do you HONESTLY think for a single instant that the government would refund MY MONEY because they don't need it anymore?

Refund? No. But if they really DON'T need it anymore, you won't have to pay MORE into it.
We ALL pay the price - that's just the way the system is, like it or not, and has been since you and I were born.

Neither of us invented the system the way it is.

Do you think the banks we bailed out are going to 'refund our money'? Nope.

But if this nation was in good physical health, there would be a LOT less need for rampant medical care. Do you agree with that?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Not to jump in for the beez but who the eff are you to question people on how they raise their kids?

LOL!!! I could answer this. You've asked me something similar before. As I said - u2u me if you want to know "what it takes" to get that credential.

Otherwise - you are on "ignore" status.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

No... because I don't believe in rewarding your poor decisions.

What Poor Decisions have I made?

Okay, never mind. You aren't making sense - and your empty barbs are useless, unwarranted, and ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
One day you will have someone tell you you must do something with your children you don't agree with. They will have the authority to take them away from you if you don't.

Then you will understand and see yourself in the mirror.

Best to you on your journey of self discovery.
/hug and /salute

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

One day you will have someone tell you you must do something with your children you don't agree with. They will have the authority to take them away from you if you don't.

No, one day they won't.
My kids are adults. Working, healthy, educated adults.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Why would I u2u?
If you are the expert then prove it to us otherwise your lying.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm amazed you actually want that comment on your public record.

Here... let me give you a bigger shovel.

Your grandchildren then.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Like I told you before when you made this inane demand - I'm not going to set myself up for further trashing.

If you want to know who the "eff" I am, then read my post history, and be polite. Otherwise
yourself.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I'm amazed you actually want that comment on your public record.

Here... let me give you a bigger shovel.

Your grandchildren then.

I have no qualms about it being on my public record. My children will raise their own kids, and will be excellent parents, because I made it my business to learn good parenting and to TEACH them about it. (They don't have kids yet, wisely.) Just like I TAUGHT them how to budget, how to cook, how to learn, how to clean, how to navigate society, how to be successfully contributing members of society. If for some reason they are unable to fulfill that responsibility (like - if they DIE), I will be fine raising the grandkids.

I don't know what happened to you, or why you are so hateful, or why you are blaming me - so, again. "Ignore".
Thanks for your thoughts.

edit on 8/5/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I don't care if you have credentials or not I just asked why is it your business what people feed their kids but if you don't want to answer then fine just say so.

Seems to be the problem on ATS lately nobody can answer a question without dancing around it.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
What's a shame is that our country has become so violent it's come to this. Psycho's putting poison in bottles of Tylenol.... I suppose it's just a matter of time until it went into baked goods.

Don't know why everybody is so disturbed over this. I mean, people will go into schools and open fire on innocent children and teachers, but nobody would dare poison a cake?

I hate it. I do. Maybe some of the proved reliable folks can manage to have something like "approved contributors" or something to that effect.

Very sad.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join