It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Bake Sale Ban Set to Hit Schools This Fall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I put this in US Political Madness only because ATS doesn't have a forum called BAT$^i@ CRAZY.

Federal Bake Sale Ban Set to Hit Schools This Fall

The Wall Street Journal is reporting on new federal regulations, set to take effect this fall in many US states, that would so seriously limit bake sales as to render them ineffective, unprofitable, and pointless in most cases.
The new rules also restrict the frequency with which school programs can raise money by selling foodstuffs. In an effort to get ready for the law, some school systems have already banned the sale of Girl Scout cookies on campus.
This is causing some school districts to favor processed foods instead. According to The Wall Street Journal, president-elect Keli Gill of the Alabama Parent Teacher Association said, “We use prepackaged food because it has to have nutritional requirements posted. Items like apples are perishable and don’t last as long, so we don’t want to waste money and have it go bad on us.”

This makes Franz Kafka read like Little House On The Prairie. I, seriously, upon reading this ceased to give a flying ... anything.

I'd better stop before some people show up at my door in the middle of the night.

edit on 5-8-2014 by incoserv because: it's one of the few things that I can still do that's not regulated or taxed by the Federal Gov't. Yet.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Yes that does belong in the category of bat sh** crazy!
If the food is good enough then the sale should be profitable. I could see them trying to get away with it if they were saying that the foods are unhealthy or allergies but their reasons are dumb.

Welcome to Murica, home of the dumb & bat sh** crazy

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I had to check this wasn't a spoof.
If this happened in the UK, mums the length and breadth of the nation would be crying into their Orla Kiely tea cups, the soggy bottom of their worlds falling away. There'd be scowling at the school gates, pitchforks at the school fetes. Perhaps Fight Club style bake-offs forced underground would feed an uprising the likes of Middle England has never seen before.

"First rule of Bake Club................................... .............Wash your hands please"

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

My State, Ga. is fighting this stupid bat crap craziness of government sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong. The teachers and schools are saying it will devastate their budgets for things like field trips, uniforms for school teams, funds for extra needed items for classrooms.

That is how money is raised for those things....bake sales!

They've already implemented no passing out cupcakes for birthdays in a lot of schools. Now this crap.

I don't like how the federal government has taken over our schools and kids. Next it will be making kids snitch on their parents if there are certain foods in the home.

Des

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

My State, Ga. is fighting this stupid bat crap craziness of government sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong. The teachers and schools are saying it will devastate their budgets for things like field trips, uniforms for school teams, funds for extra needed items for classrooms.

Wouldn't it be wild if this were the modern day version of the Boston Tea Party?

But, no, it won't happen. There aren't three functional testicles in this country. America will just keep taking it and taking it and taking it and taking and taking it. Oh, there'll be the occasional whimper of discontent.

Say, there's a literary line if I ever wrote one:

Now is the whimper of our discontent, made glorious summer by this latest episode of Big Brother.

That's all these 50 states will ever do: whimper.

I just quit caring tonight.
edit on 5-8-2014 by incoserv because: I just could. Now, would you quit asking?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I mean, when they tried to abolish the second amendment; when they began to curb freedom of speech and freedom of thought; when the judicial and executive branches stepped over time honored constitutional boundaries and began to legislate, and the legislative branch lay down and took it; it was wrong and frustrating and all, but at least you could see the political agenda behind it, so it made sense - if in a twisted kind of way.

But this? What the.. I mean... wha... Girl Scout cookies? Mint Thins? Samoas? Tagalogs? Do-si-dos?

Cupcakes and brownies and doughnuts?

While our porous borders are being violated like a Sabine strumpet in a mini-skit? The Federal Gov't is regulating cookies?

I just quit caring tonight. It's frighteningly liberating, really.
edit on 5-8-2014 by incoserv because: just shut up and leave me alone!

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It's just one more means of control.

The ultra-Progressives can't stand any individualism to exist anywhere.

Everything must be approved from a national central committee.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Yeah...I agree...

Des

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Liberal Fascism

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I think it is time for bake sales with all the Mums present and the Dad's at the fence line, fully armed, using their Second amendment rights and telling the Feds to come and get some.

Cup cakes for the kids and lead for the Feds.

You guys just have to do something.

America, Land of minute control brought to you by Da Stupid Feds.

What will be next. What can be next after banning cupcakes. I think next will be a new Law telling you exactly when and how to take a crap while limiting the grunting noises you are permitted to make.

Before that, they will place a ban on singing in the shower.

P

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
... What will be next. What can be next after banning cupcakes.

At this point, it doesn't matter what's next. It's over.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: firesnake

Hahaha, love it mate!
I agree, if this happened in the UK what would probably happen is that parents would say "screw this, we are doing it anyway!"
Funny the way the UK is sometimes. We always complain and rarely act, when we do act it would be on something like this!

Dave

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Let us all put our hands together in a round of applause for the meddling Blanche Meyers Lambert Lincoln, former Democratic Senator from Arkansas. /sarc

You know what I want to hear from future politicians? What their plan is to get stoopit laws OFF the books. I don't want to hear about what they 'plan to do' ... I want to hear what they plan to undo.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

But this? What the.. I mean... wha... Girl Scout cookies? Mint Thins? Samoas? Tagalogs? Do-si-dos?

Cupcakes and brownies and doughnuts?

While our porous borders are being violated like a Sabine strumpet in a mini-skit? The Federal Gov't is regulating cookies?

I just quit caring tonight. It's frighteningly liberating, really.

These things happen in libtarded school boards. The middle-class schools would run bake sales and other "booster" charity events for extra facilities for their schools. Then the libtarded school board would say "Now that's not fair that you have so much funds while the low income schools don't, you're just going to have to share", and then they take 90% of those funds and hand them over to the other schools. The parents then just give up on those types
of fundraising event.

This seems to be another continuation of this process to destroy the feeling of freedom and independence.

What next? Every textbook and college book is RFID tagged and licensed?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Cup cakes for the kids and lead for the Feds.

now you should make that into a T-shirt...i think they would sell like hot cakes

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
To play devils advocate, we really don't know what the baker is putting in there. And with the way the crazies are running rampant in the world today, I wouldn't put it past a suburb family trying to take revenge on their community nowadays.
You never know what those cupcakes are laced with.

edit on 5-8-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Ridiculous. When I read this, I just KNEW it was part of that healthy kid plan the first lady put into effect...Turns out, I was right.

From the link in the OP: "The regulations, which were passed into law as a part of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 that emerged from Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move!” initiative, compel schools to restrict food choices according to federal nutritional standards."

We've allowed this to happen, Amuricuh...We can only blame ourselves, at this point. And, it's only going to get worse, unless We stand up to this sort of Orwellian thinking and take back our rights.

Last time I checked, parents had a right to feed their kids what they wanted and kids had a right to eat what they wanted...Not any more, I guess.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical
To play devils advocate, we really don't know what the baker is putting in there. And with the way the crazies are running rampant in the world today, I wouldn't put it past a suburb family trying to take revenge on their community nowadays.
You never know what those cupcakes are laced with.

Oh my goodness, we should cower in fear under the kitchen table!

Feds! Feds! Save us from all of these crazy people!

Those who give up freedom for security deserve neither!

You need to understand something!

The crazy people in America work for the Fed.

Now what, who will you call?

Even Superman gave up his citizenship!

P

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

They just had a case here where a child laced her grandmas cooking before she took it to church. The grandmother here and someone at her church ended up getting sick because of it. They survived. Or, the case in Florida where someone laced their meat with '___'. It happens.Those seperate cases had different intentions. And let's not forget the young boy who laced his mother's brownies with laxatives, that she took to a school function. And how about the pizzaman who enjoyed getting off on the pizza before bringing it to the buyer. Or, the fast food restraunts where employee have done the same thing. Sure, some food is harmless, but with kids and people today, you never know what your going to eat. LOL It is safer to cook it yourself.
edit on 5-8-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Diabolical

You give a small handful of examples out of a country with 317 million people making god only knows how many cupcakes each year. It would be in the billions!

Those 317 million people have to put up with this crap because a tiny, tiny minority do something wrong, with I might add, no deaths. Laxatives and grass ..... well, very wrong but a few people see humor in such things. Those stories are as perennial as the grass and many spring from urban legends.

I will oppose any attempt to wrap us up in cotton wool.

I raised three children and it was bad enough that every interesting playground was shut down because a child might get injured in some way.

You can have the cotton wool mentality, I do not want it!

With respect of course. Perhaps special schools for those that need cotton wool or just forbid your child from partaking of birthday parties and such like because you never know if the other Mum is a bit strange.

Keep you children home, don't let them go outside and play, the boogie man might be out there. When they are adults, they have few if any real skill sets other than those supplied by our PC schools and all of those aim to make obedient little puppets.

What a terrible future!

P

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join