It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It's named after Reston Virgiñia 1910.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

originally posted by: adnanmuf
Ebola RESTON is the American Ebola. It's not in vials

Citation needed. Reston only exists in level-4 labs, AFAIK, and has never been identified in any living host in the US. Please back up this claim with evidence.

web.stanford.edu...

Reston, Virginia is where it got it's name. Monkey transported with the strain to US. I believe the number of humans infected was 4 but not really sure. The humans tested positive for the new strain but never developed symptoms. The monkeys died.

There ya go.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Healthnet now accepting pre-existing Reston condition; official safe, USA friendly Ebola strain!

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: adnanmuf
Ebola RESTON is the American Ebola. It's not in vials

Citation needed. Reston only exists in level-4 labs, AFAIK, and has never been identified in any living host in the US. Please back up this claim with evidence.

web.stanford.edu...

Reston, Virginia is where it got it's name. Monkey transported with the strain to US. I believe the number of humans infected was 4 but not really sure. The humans tested positive for the new strain but never developed symptoms. The monkeys died.

There ya go.

Wow. Point conceded, and thanks for the link with the info. Holy crap.

[PS, to the poster before this reply, looks like it was 1989, and not 1910. Any sources for that 1910 info? Honestly wanting to learn more.]

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I still am unsure as to the airborne contagiousness of this virus..

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

A friend of mine worked at that facility. Always surprises me how few people seem to know what happened there.

But no humans to my knowledge were infected.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Airborne is not the faster. Ebola is

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

A friend of mine worked at that facility. Always surprises me how few people seem to know what happened there.

Actually yes at least 4 humans were infected but had no symptoms. Here is another link with a list of ebola outbreaks with year/ebola type/location/fatality rates. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the list of outbreaks.

www.who.int...

and see this site for the Reston information:

web.stanford.edu...
edit on 2-8-2014 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ebola hit Africa n so the story goes devolved a mutant version to kill their subjects in west Africa to live in their place. It backfired because it mutated further to hit Caucasians and ever since the Frensh been trying hard to suppress its flares.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Yup. That's correct.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Actually yes at least 4 humans were infected but had no symptoms. Here is another link with a list of ebola outbreaks with year/ebola type/location/fatality rates. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the list of outbreaks.

www.who.int...

web.stanford.edu...

So, am I right in reading those outbreak stats as ebola-Zaire having been historically the most fatal? One outbreak had 100% death rate (as small as it might have been). And that's the strain we're dealing with right now, right? Does it stand to reason that this strain has the most chance of mutating to adapt to its differing hosts, given its virility?
edit on 2-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Camel milk can help considered containing antibodies that are generic meaning multilayer meaning can engage any pathogen especially viruses!!!!
But of course the FDA won't let us get it.
So then just pray

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

www.who.int...

web.stanford.edu...

So, am I right in reading those outbreak stats as ebola-Zaire having been historically the most fatal? One outbreak had 100% death rate (as small as it might have been). And that's the strain we're dealing with right now, right? Does it stand to reason that this strain has the most chance of mutating to adapt to its differing hosts, given its virility?

I can not speak to mutation but yes the Zaire strain is the worst. I have heard that we are dealing with Zaire strain now but I do not know that for a fact. According to what I have studied, Zaire mortality rate is rarely below 80%. So 10 people in a room have Zaire, odds are 8 will die.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

www.who.int...

web.stanford.edu...

I can not speak to mutation but yes the Zaire strain is the worst. I have heard that we are dealing with Zaire strain now but I do not know that for a fact. According to what I have studied, Zaire mortality rate is rarely below 80%. So 10 people in a room have Zaire, odds are 8 will die.

Looking closer, the Zaire strain was the first instance seen, and the most common strain seen after the initial outbreak----even coming back after 15 years of being "dormant" in humans. There were no outbreaks between 1979 and 1994; WHY did it show back up after all that time, and never inbetween? Surely folks were eating bushmeat during that time, and conditions have not significantly improved in Africa from 1979 to 1994. ...................is it becoming more clear that this is man-made, with the '70's being the "test phase" and the '90's being the "initial spread" phase? I mean, Malaria never takes a day off, and HIV even less so. How could there be an outbreak that ended 15 years before the next outbreak, with no one noticing the monkeys and other various animals totally dying off? Hell, a fungus is killing the bats in North America at an alarming rate, more every year. How did people in Africa NOT notice that there were tons of bloody, dead corpses laying all around of the animal they were wanting to eat? How is it that they shun doctors and still eat animals of the kind that are laying dead and bleeding all over the forest?

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ebola think HIV they both manufactured in west afri

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

Repost to adamantly confirm what Libertygal said. My ex-wife WORKED WITH EBOLA AS A SUPERVISOR and this happened:

Allow me to clarify just how "safe" these people who deal with these diseases really are. I live in Atlanta and my EX-wife is a SUPERVISOR at the CDC who works every day with EBOLA and every other nasty thing you can imagine. Every day she has to go through wearing the "suit" and then go through the decontamination procedure before coming home.

Well, one day she gets home and I'm on the front porch to greet her. She reaches for the front doorknob to go inside and then she pauses, looks down at her feet, then looks up at me with a panic-stricken face...

SHE FORGOT TO CHANGE HER SHOES AND WAS WEARING THE SAME SHOES SHE WORE INTO THE DAMN LAB SHE HANDLES THOSE DISEASES IN!!!

She simply shook it off and said, "Well, there's nothing I can do about it now," and took her shoes off and left them outside on the porch. She went on the next day as if nothing had ever happened.

So with that said, all you people talking about how "safe" this is and how "professional" all these people are... no offense, but you don't know what you're talking about. These "professionals" are all HUMAN and they make mistakes ON A REGULAR BASIS. I'm sure it's not intentional, but by them knowingly bringing people infected with Ebola into the US, this is definitely a disaster waiting to happen.

As I said earlier, she is now my EX-wife. Living with her was just way too damn stressful!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Shoe on porch visited all. Night by insects animals etc. That moved whatever pathogen to other animals and humans.
the Ebola she working on however was the relatively safe American Ebola which is resident in animals also.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here
Well I sure hope this isn't true

For the first time, health officials have isolated cases of the ebola virus that they know were transmitted locally. There are two confirmed cases of illegal immigrants traveling into the United States bringing in the virus. This means the Ebola virus is beginning to spread to America.

I could only find your daily leak mentioning it. Saying it's in Texas.

It's only a matter of time before these ebola victims being brought to our continent for treatment infect others. Considering health workers are high risk and have contracted it.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
That the local safe American Ebola not thewest Africa Ebola. Ebola patient cannot travel overseas he will die before reaching the airport!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Just a few things I've wondered.

Lol first off I am not an M.D. My brother is but I am unable to get incontact with him till the end of the year, or I'd probably ask him. I did go to school for dental assisting and I am currently going to school to be a licensed medical aesthetician. And previously went to school for Dental Assisting. So I do have a basic knowledge of how the immune system works and infections.

I like to know why. There have been survivors of this outbreak with medical care and heck more deaths (medical care and non obviously) well why? Obviously you can't cure it. You can give medical treatment to help. Stuff to kinda help your immune response, IV fluids, anti coagulants early on to prevent or control over clotting, and later procoagulants for hemorraging. Say two patients get the same amount of medical time and they both contracted the virus at the same time one dies ad one doesn't. I would assume a persons individual genetic response. And obviously not get to the point of no return, organ failure tissue death etc.

If you get down to the mechanics ebola is one hell of a virus! Im a nerd and love the details but i try to break it down. ebola aims a machine, it can use your bodies processes to aid it's self and replicate its self. It is a sneaky s.o.b normally white blood cells show up immediately to attack. The virus can trick the body and prevent it from sounding the alarm so it can invade very quickly unhindered. then after a while your body will be like "what the hell?! Where'd all this cell damage and all these viral particles come from" and start to freak out and infected cells pump out a toxic molecule that triggers inflammation and fever. (Hello beginning steps to liver failure) the Virons continue to cruise on efficentley killing that tissue In its wake. The body can only do so much, clotting starts leads to blockages which leads to beautiful tissue death. Clearly ebola is winning, and for 50% infected hemorrhaging begins.

So I could be wrong but without an immune response wouldn't a person not be feeling ill? Any doctors on here wanna give some insight on this? So it really would be a matter of hopefully knowing you have it early on and being able to give your immune system a boost (I'm assuming this would be much more available with first world medical care and hospitals, can tents in Africa and too few drs too many patients facilitate that? )
And in the end with out a cure and we can only support as much as we can, it's really up to the strength of your body and whether it has the fight or not.

This is what worries me, because I have a crappy immune system. If I fly , go to an amusement park, etc I will most likely get sick. (Last year I flew to Orlando did all of Disney World, both universal parks. So you could imagine. There was a nice small lil virus bug going around my department at work. A lot of people got it and were out for maybe two days. For about a week I felt the feeling in your back of your throat before you get sick. And then maybe a cold like illness for 2 days, a flu like four 3-4. And a nice "post viral" rash that is still on my back) I feel like if my hypothesis is correct I'd be a goner) and is there a possibility of it mutating as soon as it gets here and has a new environment and diff population

Also do we know how sick the infected dr is? I have to wonder was it his choice to willingly come here? I don't think knowingly putting an infectious person in a country that doesn't have the disease/ strain really doesn't quite goes along with the Hippocratic oath in a sense. Or is just to that point where's he's just extremely sick and even if he didn't want to be brought here, it was out of his hands?

Also there may be a slip up and he may become patient 0 and cause an outbreak or it may be caused another way. But I think the recent events that's gone on in the last few days, The US government is preparing for something and it's not just in case. No wonder FEMA got that ridiculous amount of body bags that other year

I'm sorry if this was long! And if points were mentioned already! I'm still trying to catch up
edit on 3-8-2014 by Asherz189 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join