It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli professor: "rape Palestinian mothers and sisters to deter terrorist attacks".

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Source.

"The only thing that could deter a suicide bomber is knowing that if caught, his sister or his mother would be raped," said Kedar on Israel Radio Bet

To the shocked radio presenter who said that "we cannot take such steps, of course", Kedar replied: "I'm not talking about what we should or shouldn't do. I'm talking about the facts.

The only thing that deters a suicide bomber is the knowledge that if he pulls the trigger or blows himself up, his sister will be raped".

Kedar served for 25 years in the military intelligence, where he specialized in Islamic groups. He is currently a researcher at the right-wing Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies of Bar Ilan but previously worked for the Israel Academia Monitor, which fights left-leaning academic professors.

Not much to add here.

I will say that it doesnt take much searching to find crazy statements from people on both sides of the conflict.

I guess its just more disturbing when these kinds of statements come from people who are supposed to be educated or are portraying themselves as having the moral high ground.

edit on 29-7-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

"we cannot take such steps, of course", Kedar replied: "I'm not talking about what we should or shouldn't do. I'm talking about the facts.

Way to sensationalize his statement. He wasn't advocating this process, he was simply speaking to the difficulty of deterring would be homicide bombers.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Wow.

You're actually trying to justify his barbarianism...

Just WOW.

No wait, SUPER WOW.

edit on 29-7-2014 by gladtobehere because: had to add another "wow"

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Goes to show how little the 'civilized' world understands the ME.

I worry this kind of rhetoric being pumped out through the MSM is going to cause a knee-jerk reaction from Netanyahu. Crap like this will certainly turn the tide of public opinion and when Israel stands completely alone ... they Will let loose the dogs of war ... nukes and all.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It's worse knowing people who have some sort of political or military power are saying these things as if they are a normal thing to do. I can only dread to think what these people have actually done in their day, back when there wasn't as much surveillance on what they are doing and back when they were working for the 'war machine'.

I agree that horrendous things are being done on both sides but Israel have the power (and I would have thought) the knowledge to stop this conflict and settle it peacefully, and I know Hamas has been declining these ceasefires and agreements but what if they aren't even being told there is a ceasefire? Different groups of Hamas in different places etc.. Could easily not know of one, espeically as there are reports of ISIS in Gaza, if they're the ones firing the rockets/missles that are breaking the ceasefires then I guess it is an all out war.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Professor?

Of what, staggering ignorance and wilful cruelty of thought?

People will tell you that the Israeli position, that of wishing to build wherever they see fit, make disproportionally venomous responses to relatively weak threats, and it's inability to recognise the right of its neighbours to self govern and to evolve their culture, are the cause of conflict. Others will tell you that it is the Palestinian leadership who cause the problem, allowing the launching of rockets, and constantly calling for the dissolution of the Israeli state.

I say, that it is people on both sides, thinking and speaking like this, who cause the problem. If every xenophobe in the entire region was lobotomised using a high molar acid, the issues would evaporate faster than methylated spirits left in the desert sun.
edit on 29-7-2014 by TrueBrit because: Punctuation error.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You're actually trying to justify his barbarianism…

He's not justifying anything -- your thread title distorts what the guy is saying. He says this:

The only thing that could deter a suicide bomber is knowing that if caught, his sister or his mother would be raped

and then he goes on to say that of course that isn't going to happen, so he's effectively saying that it is impossible to deter suicide bombers. Nowhere does he say "this is what we should do." He's saying that the current policy of destroying their family home when they are identified is doing nothing to stop them.

ETA: I misread the quoted text -- it was the person he was talking to that said it couldn't be done, not him. He just said that he wasn't saying whether it should or shouldn't be done (and any rational person would say that it shouldn't be done, of course.)

edit on 29-7-2014 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
¡ Nice Headline. Except you forgot the part where he said not to do it!

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

Thats not correct.

To the shocked radio presenter who said that "we cannot take such steps, of course", Kedar replied: "I'm not talking about what we should or shouldn't do. I'm talking about the facts. The only thing that deters a suicide bomber is the knowledge that if he pulls the trigger or blows himself up, his sister will be raped".

He's saying its just "the FACTS" that it HAS to be done, that its the only thing that will work.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

This sounds like a perfect plan to make more terrorists.
If this kind of statement were made in my "neck of the woods", this guy would likly find out about terrorism first hand.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

You mean when the radio host said not to do it after which Kedar, the Professor, disagreed.

To the shocked radio presenter who said that "we cannot take such steps, of course",

Kedar replied: "I'm not talking about what we should or shouldn't do. I'm talking about the facts.

The only thing that deters a suicide bomber is the knowledge that if he pulls the trigger or blows himself up, his sister will be raped".

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Bloody disgusting ... no further comment as would severely violate t&c ..

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

He's saying its just "the FACTS" that it HAS to be done, that its the only thing that will work.

Well, I missed that it was the person whom he was talking to that said it couldn't be done, rather than him, so you may be right.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well if that is true i will gladly cut your fing throat right in front of your family. Then i will get a couple gang members to rape your family while you bleed out. Now although it can be done we not allowed to and unfortunately we are supposed to be civilized so my country will not allow me to do that. So its just facts not what i will do.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

No worries.

Trust me, I get it, it really is hard to believe.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

its about time the world got together and get this terrorist country under control .

i believe israel is behind most of the problems in the middle east .

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tom.farnhill
Not just middle east. They also cause" friction" in Africa. It is just done more behind the scenes.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: conz1992 well i think that answer is easy. Why you think everyone in the ME want to whipe them off the map.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
That why this will never end..such sickness on both sides.
2nd

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well i truly hope those dumb idiots in israel realize by destroying the family home of a suicide bomber create 5 or 10 more suicide bombers. Why do u think the 1st one became a martyr in he 1st place?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join