It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli professor: "rape Palestinian mothers and sisters to deter terrorist attacks".

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm sorry it's not an analytical statement it's incitement to rape. Doesn't surprise me. When the Iman's in Syria said rape was a weapon of war there was uproar but this guy says it and we're reading too much into it. I don't know maybe it's because I'm a women but this is not something that can be brushed aside it's sick.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This guy is a complete idiot. These terrorists happily stone,stomp,and kill their own mothers,daughters, and wives. Gleefully. and often.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
He didn't have to use the example "rape his sister" to get the point across. His point was supposed to be that if the attacker knew that after he blew himself up he would not be free and clear of any mortal punishment, since his family could bare the consequence in - quite possibly - the most horrific manner imaginable. That would be the more classy and professional way to put it. I don't understand why this man said the words he said unless he was deliberately trying enrage whatever Palestinian heard this.

I am enraged. I know he didn't say Israel WOULD do it, but he didn't have to say it so graphically. There are civilized ways to give threats, this was savage and poorly thought through unless anger was the goal.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
This guy is a complete idiot. These terrorists happily stone,stomp,and kill their own mothers,daughters, and wives. Gleefully. and often.

That is mostly the Indians and Pakistanis that throw stones at women. Friends of the west and members of the UN. You know... I can't say that I have heard much of that coming out of Gaza. Or did you mean all of Islam would kill their mothers? I am a little confused
edit on 29-7-2014 by MALBOSIA because: add more

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Well he was in Israeli military intelligence. He just MAY know a thing or two about their thinking. I understand that violence begets violence. It sucks and that is why this situation is never ending, but that is reality of life. It may suck to realize it, but it's true. Unless that suicide bomber decides to stop and end his cycle of violence, it won't end.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Think what you want about it. I truly don't care. I'm not here to impress you. I'm just giving my opinion on it. I don't like the statement, but I realize that it is a true statement. You won't get a suicide bomber to stop unless you do some sort of outside deterrent on something he loves. ie his family.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Why post in a forum if the only opinion you are interested in is your own?
You can use whatever excuse you want for it.incitement of violence against women it's still sick.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Violence in general is sick. What makes women so special?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

That is mostly the Indians and Pakistanis that throw stones at women. Friends of the west and members of the UN. You know... I can't say that I have heard much of that coming out of Gaza. Or did you mean all of Islam would kill their mothers? I am a little confused

Hahahahahah. Nice try. ALL Islamic extremists and a large portion of moderate Muslims do this and the Palestinians are right in there as well as all of Hamas.

edit on 29-7-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Well he was in Israeli military intelligence. He just MAY know a thing or two about their thinking.

Based on his statements, I doubt it.

I understand that violence begets violence. It sucks and that is why this situation is never ending, but that is reality of life. It may suck to realize it, but it's true. Unless that suicide bomber decides to stop and end his cycle of violence, it won't end.

Apparently you don't understand it it all. If you did, you would have quickly understood that suicides are the last resort, not the first.

Asymmetric warfare is a reactionary tactic to overwhelming differences between opposing forces. Has been since it was used in the ancient world, still is today.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well considering that the other side needs absolutely no incitement to commit violence against women your point is moot.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Rape is a form of torture. Not all violence is a form of torture. The rape of men is also torture. Which is another reason why there is no defense for his comments. Surely, if we pretend he's sane for a moment, the threat of having one's brother or father raped would also "work", yet for some reason he only mentions women. Why don't you ask him why he thinks "women" when he thinks "rape"? Could it be that almost everyone does because this form of torture is most often directed at women?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well he was in Israeli military intelligence. He just MAY know a thing or two about their thinking. I understand that violence begets violence. It sucks and that is why this situation is never ending, but that is reality of life. It may suck to realize it, but it's true. Unless that suicide bomber decides to stop and end his cycle of violence, it won't end.

So why doesn't Israel take that advice and not threaten rape peoples sisters, talking down from an academic level? If you seriously believe that is the only way to deal with it you need a serious brush up on psychology. I would love to see the reports that concluded that method would work.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Look. You DO realize that you are talking about, a terrorist bomber who is ready to blow himself up along with as MANY civilians as possible, man, woman,and child right? It's all stupid. It's a no win situation no matter how you slice it. I hate this whole situation really and want nothing to do with it anymore to be honest.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Hahahahahah. Nice try. ALL Islamic extremists and a large portion of moderate Muslims do this and the Palestinians are right in there as well as all of Hamas.

All EXTREMISTS would do something like that, sure.

What about in Gaza?

You have to assume that I don't watch Hollywood films nor do I get my news from Corporately owned media syndicates with no democratic mandate to telling the truth.

What your talking about sounds pretty nuts to me to be honest.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't know you tell me why non combatant women are always singled out for rape?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to: abe froman

So hamas have called for the rape of Israeli women?
edit on 29-7-2014 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Ok. I'll do that, as soon as you tell me why war is justified.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

It isn't I'm not the one trying to justify a man's comment that the way to stop suicide bombers was to rape women. It's unjustifiable.
edit on 29-7-2014 by WilsonWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

And I'M trying to show you that violence is violence. What is the difference between raping an innocent woman or blowing yourself and any number of other innocent people up? It's still violence. If we are going to allow one action, which would it be? They are both meaningless acts of destruction that only propagate more violence for temporary gains. I don't agree with either action, but do you have a better way? Because I, and the rest of the world, would like to know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join