It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking At Our Border Problem Differently. We Could Have It All Wrong!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Hahahahaha! Canada sounds good to me too right about now. LOL

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Night Star

No sanctuary cities for you Beezer. No jobs, no cheap housing, food, medical...nothing.

What the heck?

I was going to sneak across the border to Canada and make them give me bacon the right way. Not "round".

Well why didn't you say so in the first place?

That would be considered a Crusade under the U.N. Intervention & Missions Treaty.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
a reply to: infoseeker26754
Rocks from the sky? A most interesting point. The USA is faced with a truly historical challenge. In 2014 the politics of anger and resentment just may prevail. Let's face it; this is a matter of when many of these refugees will be repatriated. Obama has said this already. To those on the right, I would ask, in July 2014 are there any that cross the Rio Grande that are deserving of refugee status?

Hello, Do you really believe Obama after all of the bold faced political lies he has said before? Expect Obama and the administration to start talking about due process and how the Dream Act loopholes make it very easy for these children to stay here. Don't forget that the government will have counsel for everyone in court even though "according to pro-illegal immigration supporters" this is a civil hearing..

The facts will come out that once these loopholes are defined and greased that you will see very few deported......

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm calling my organization. . .

. . . wait for it. . . .

. . . . . . . . wait for it. . . . . . .

La Rasha. . . (bacon). . . .

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: fnpmitchreturns
It really comes down to refugee status. Perhaps you feel that 0% of those at the border have a valid claim to refugee status. Okay, given that, the rest, the tens of thousands of them, must work their way through the legal system. The system is currently waiting for congress to pass an authorization for the funding. The Republicans are most probably going to demand a cut in food stamps before one cent is released for refugee relief. Do you agree with that?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Diderot

When there are healthy American males in this country who get paid 20 dollars a day for a full 9+ hour day labor intensive job?

For some people inside the United States right now, just getting a minimum wage full-time job would be a blessing...I DO know some men who make 20 bucks a day.... and all they do is dream of how nice minimum wage would be, and pray someday to find a job paying that...

So long as I know that is happening now, as we speak, inside this country... so long as I know there are homeless people on the streets who are Americans, so long as I know the true state of what we have done to this country...

I say hell no we don't even have time for the legal processes. I say kick them right back to the country they came from, planes trains or automobiles... dump them on the doorstep of the nation they came out of, and let them be someone elses problem.

WE CANNOT AFFORD IT.
edit on 12-7-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

There might be but going straight to a government office is the opposite of seeking out a hiding spot.

While detained you will get those things that you listed.

edit on 12-7-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Send them to West Texas. We need labor, and they will start making a days pay each hour.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Diderot
Rocks from the sky? A most interesting point. The USA is faced with a truly historical challenge. In 2014 the politics of anger and resentment just may prevail. Let's face it; this is a matter of when many of these refugees will be repatriated. Obama has said this already. To those on the right, I would ask, in July 2014 are there any that cross the Rio Grande that are deserving of refugee status?

Are they from war torn Africa? Yemen? Syria? Iraq?...hell any one of actual war torn countries on this planet? No you say?

Then they arent refugees, they are illegal immigrants.

It is these peoples own faults. They let their countries turn into POS places through inaction. None of their problems are Americas problems.

I am tied on my nation being the fall guy. We are not responsible for , or the answer to, any of these problems.

These people taking their own countries by the reins is the answer.

"but the gangs and cartles have guns....." so EFFING what? They have the power and the numbers. They will not use them.

It isnt my families responsibility to feed and shelter these POS. They can go home die on the way, die in general IDC.

I am having a hard enough time keeping food on the table and a roof over my kids heads right now, I have no room left in my life for these retards.

May they either all die, or fix their situations, either works for me, as I dont honestly care about them at all, it is not my responsibility.

My responsibility is to my children, then my state, then my country, in that order. I didnt see illegal criminals breaking international laws any where on that list of priorities, did you?

I tell you what, lets send them all to the lefties like yourself that think they have a right to be here, and see how you feel about it then.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
We are trying Ma'am but these new people have been dug in to the education system since they crawled out from the Beatniks, we will fix this as long as we keep our beliefs as strong ,logic and reality will handle the rest.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Prolly share a jail cell with that American marine in Mexico for sure.

Canada wouldn't mind that where draft dodgers went.

Germany Merkel is a tad bit miffed we are spying on them.

Spain wouldn't even dare the ISIS 'caliph' wants that place.

Russia who would dare go to Russia the land of Putin and Snowden.

Wouldn't bother with China they censor the net ATS would miss you.

Only real choice are the UK and Japan there.
edit on 12-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Oh my dear friend on ATS: I invite you to the area...I invite you to the problems...I invite you to the REALITY!

There is no "hate" on my part: I busted my fine-butt to own what I do and it's substantial.

I grew up poor, kept my wits and my looks and BETTERED myself through a LOT of hard work, education, and effort.

No one ever gave me anything nor do I ever expect it...the only thing I ever "expected" was to try and do better this day in every way than the last and it's served me well.

I am well-known to be compassionate and generous to a fault but the situation is OUT OF CONTROL here.

When I have to self-pay my insurance at a substantial cost (business owner, pro active healthy person who pays over $500.00 a month) and I am standing in line to pick up medicine and the 20 something with the 3 young kids in the cart is chatting on her iphone about her "3-way" experience last nigt and THEN asks the pharmacy assistant to pull her "benefits card" out of her Coach wallet for her because her NAILS ARE WET???

You bet YOUR fine-butt I'm kind of fed up. This is an every day experience for us who are living in the "reality" of what's to come.

It's not hate: it's trying to understand what the hell I did wrong by following all the rules and doing/paying my share for years.

I don't feel my children who are also driven, motivated, and successful should have to bear the brunt of this fiasco in the years to come.

They are NOT coming to "make a better life": they are coming because they believe a "better life" will be GIVEN to and PROVIDED for them!

I could cite example after example but alas, it seems to fall of deaf ears.

I sure hope it's never a situation you have to deal with in your backyard!

The IRS has NOTHING to do with this issue: it's so much more complicated and far-reaching that the BS media is portraying.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Boy do I agree with you Sir!

Problem IS 'sending them to West Texas" from what I am hearing, involves a substantial amount of work every day.

That is not the notion or the plan...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: irishchic
I live in the area: let me assure you it's NOT just "women and helpless children!"

That's you media BS portraying the issue as such!

Would you like the cel phone numbers of some ranchers I know who are literally having THEIR properties swamped and threatened by rather ruthless "non women and children?"

Would you like a photo of the first intruder I've had on MY ranch in over 20 years who was NOT looking for foor, medical care, or water because I asked?

See if the MS-13 gang is "recruiting" these innocent souls inside the detention centers.

I can't keep postign on these threads because on one listens...

We haven't "sown this": it is a manufactured "crisis" only in that the "rights and benefits" of illegals now rival hard working, tax-paying citizens!

LIve in the area...see for yourself...hear the first hand accounts.

Then comment.
Hey if you are not just talking smack then get some videos uploaded here if possible for you.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
We have a disconnect here.
Why do YOU think these kids all showed up if NOT a conspiracy or and an act of incompetence or AMERICAN politics?
How do thousands of children travel 1220 mile through a hostile border in such a large group?

It's beneficial to US?
I don't want to hurt those children. Compassion becoming weaponized is still a PSY weapon THAT takes a system.
edit on 12-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Not happening although I do have some.

I value my personal well being and security more than "being right."

Take what I say as you will.

I am a respected contributor who is not known for "takling smack..."

edit on 12-7-2014 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Not sure of the source but this is a recent image of a derailed train with 1000K people on TOP...might help with a few of the "how's"

www.inquisitr.com...

They had a TODDLER on the local news claiming he had "made the journey alone..."

Dear God! Again if you know our area, it HOT, it's HOSTILE, there are snakes, extreme conditions, and currently people who WILL shoot/shovel on sight because they are BEING threatened.

Hard to swallow in many ways...

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: irishchic
WAIT did you dance in Killeen?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rustyclutch
a reply to: Emeraldous

Apparently you don't understand how an economy works. What jobs are these immigrants going to get? You do know that the majority of the services they will need are GOVERNMENT services. That means the jobs we create we are paying for with our tax dollars solely for the purpose of taking care of people who shouldn't be here in the first place. What makes their poor any better than ours? Why should they get to ignore our laws and be rewarded? Why should the president be allowed to pick and choose what laws he enforces...not just pick and choose, but assist in the law being broken? Anyone got anything based in anything other than sympathy? With a million homeless in of our own and many more below the poverty line can you really justify that sympathy for these immigrants as opposed to them? Millions of people can't get jobs right now and you think it's okay to just release a bunch of other people into society to compete for our jobs. You forget he is legalizing like 7 million as well? Who is going to feed US when WE go broke? That should be the question. Won't be far off with people that think we have to foot the bill for saving the whole world.

Like I said earlier. 50,000 kids, at least 800 bucks a bed....40 million a month just to house the ones they are telling us are here. 480 million a year just to house them. All out of tax payers pockets. That's just their housing. That's just the ones that were here a week ago. They're expecting 300,000. That's 240 million a month. Almost 3 billion a year. Just in housing. We should ALL have to pay for this? Why? These numbers don't even include the ACCOMPANIED children and pregnant mothers who will need benefits and housing as well.

We should just all stop paying taxes. Why should we keep funding this? Illegals don't have to follow the law. They won't be filing 1040's. If they don't have to respect the law neither should we. Quit signing their paychecks. Switch your filing status to exempt. Let's starve the politicians and the illegals.

I understand this viewpoint. This is the one where you have to answer just one question for me, is the economy actually working as it should be? A working economy doesn't have rich people who park their money and consequently bring the economy to a halt. They either park their money in the bank, in physical assets (I have never heard of gold bars creating jobs) or in stocks/bonds.
Labor, be it physical or mental produces actual physical things. The stock market is at an all time high, but does the stock market actually produce anything tangible? Does the Stock market need a lot of labor? No it doesn't, so the sole place where the rich park their money is in a place where no factory, or institution of bright minds needs to do any work. All the work is done by algorithms.
All of what I have said means that the existing economy does not favor physical labor anymore, so this is where hamburger flippers and farm workers reside. What is needed right now is mental labor and that's where red blooded americans who have college degrees are for. How many generations does it take to make you established, legal immigrants (read that Americans) to shift from physical labor to mental labor?
And more importantly when will you realise that the immigrants aren't the problem, it is that the rich park their money because they fear volatility, they doon't take risks anymore or are just plain greedy hoarders. An economy works if you have constant investment which created skilled labor jobs. But we are not doing that are we?

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

One could add that to the strange list indeed! Could they be having a problem actually getting back to Mexico? Or did the costs coming back change to a higher risk including Death.

Either way, Planned! Yet what would the plan be? Talked to a few people out here and listened to what they had to say. First, mostly dirt roads being Patrolled by HP. Many have been getting Drifting off Center tickets; on a dirt road?, Next most here could care less.

Starting to wonder if the base pay might somehow drop for some. Good money to be made working the farms, get the winter off even and no person wants to do it. Just a side job a few hrs a week I get $15 checking wells! Simple yet like he said, no one wants to work!

So the system crashes, maybe people will have to work for their money. There are some who actually need that money and can not get it because of all the free loaders! Some evil plan that depending on ones Work History finally gets to relax a bit, paid 1 month off; LOL, just has some wondering How Far Back was the planning.

Peace

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join