It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 79
<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman
That very close but not quite the same

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

You won't find an exact picture online yet.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
I'm sure,
I'm glad I was able to see it.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You should see it again at some point in the not distant future.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

That's the Lockheed bird.

Lockheed Martin produced this impression of a long-range strike (LRS) design for the U.S. Air Force in 2007, before a secrecy clampdown banned contractors from discussing the program in public.

www.ainonline.com...

Very cool. Psyched you got to see her.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I've been following this thread pretty closely and haven't had much to add. In regard to the bit of speculation about it originating from Beale, I can say there was something at Beale yesterday that generated a lot of noise. I usually attribute it to U-2's in the pattern but this even got the attention of people who otherwise pay no attention. All told, it was likely the cloud cover combined with whatever other conditions that made it particularly loud, but I will say windows shook like we haven't seen since the days of the Blackbird program. Maybe another piece of the puzzle, who knows.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The shape of your sighting look a lot like the SR-72 concept of Lockheed.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Yes very close. Albeit, slightly elongated, single stabilizer. Definitely some commonality.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: aholic

I think the SR-72 concept was also much smaller (more fighter size) than what was spotted.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Oh no. It's a beast of an aircraft.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Moving to Colorado soon, hopefully being a little closer to the West coast will afford me the opportunity to feast my eyes on one of these ladies.

Damn they're sexy.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: aholic

Is this what they're saying the SR-72 is going to look like?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sorry to spam, but you guys got me all excited about this LRS. I found the following excerpt pretty interesting in an article describing the LRS-B system:

The Long-Range Strike Bomber is supposed to be stealthy, like the current batwinged B-2, but faster and significantly cheaper, at $550 million per system. We have to say “system” instead of “plane” because the LRS-B may actually be a collective of several aircraft, manned and unmanned, networked together into a single tactical unit.

Source: Breaking Defense

Could our other ladies be these other aircraft? Or I wonder if they're referring to existing platforms that will play a role in supporting the new bomber. Interesting none the less.
edit on 18-12-2014 by parad0x122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

Yup.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I think they are referring to the two planned versions of the bomber. One manned and the other un-manned that can be networked and controlled by other bombers or other aircraft.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The B-1, B-52, and B-2 are all part of the LRS program.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Ahh good to know. I thought they were hinting at other platforms in the works, shucks.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It sounds exotic and cool, but it's really pretty mundane.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I Figure they are going with fast , medium , slow as their approach to the bomber family. One hypersonic that can double as something else. One supersonic like a replacement for the B1, and another VVVLO sub sonic like a replacement for the B3. All of them capable of deep penetration. no wait able to slip through the cracks, wait no uhhhh. ... they have long legs and are stealthy either due to speed or via some other voodoo for the VVVLO ones. Damn these sexy birds. Either way they have all the bases covered. Then I figure they also have something more like the aardvark to replace the F111 and f117 for tactical bombing.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

No, the actual bombers themselves are high subsonic/low supersonic.

top topics

<< 76  77  78    80  81  82 >>

join