It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

There is a coating that I won't even touch here that makes current coatings look like early generation coatings.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I concur. That along with what I was babbling about is something I won't come out and say directly either, but it sure does change my perceptions on things.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

This isn't her. She very rarely does daytime.

Aeris Navis Dramatae:

* 4 engine on top lockheed bird, broken deltaish, LRS-B? Punkinworks, maybe midwest this summer.
* The Green Lady, night time only(?), diborane fuel with green glowing exhaust, super high altitude/hypersonic? ("Weird California Sighting")
* The Wilshire Blvd Magic Triangle (Bassplyr).

The last one seems the most exotic. What makes it go?

Any others?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

I concur. That along with what I was babbling about is something I won't come out and say directly either, but it sure does change my perceptions on things.

Well, optical stealth which hacks the properties of the human visual cortex (illusion based stealth) doesn't necessarily work against multi-spectral electro-optics in a big telescope.

On the other hand, there's a few billion pairs of the first and the unit cost is small and the production facilities in every neighborhood corner.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18780764]mbkennel[/post

Theres gotta be ways to fool a wide majority of cameras. But I wasn't talking about that. You were closer with the other stuff. But it's hard to take photos of stuff you don't see. Harder still if the camera just has a blurry image in the photo or the object has enough optical stealth to make whatever is captured on camera nearly worthless. They got some neat tricks.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

One wonders if part of the problems with the last one you mentioned was that I was ABLE to see it when I shouldn't have.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

That one that was sighted on the East coast and made a visit to a MT airfield. Had a some strange properties to it as well.
..oh and don't forget the skip craft.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

WAIT NOW I'm CONFUSED. MT like Montana? East Coast? Which weird light in the sky are you talking about? Green Lady? The Yellow light?

BTW this thread is a gem on ATS and most folks that visit never realize all the good stuff hidden away in the aviation forum.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Optical stealth has one huge drawback. Go too fast and the system debonds. It works amazingly well, except for that.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I found something hiding in Montana that was later seeen heading to the east coast.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

It's only a matter of time before they get meta-materials to cover the entire visible spectrum (if Los Alamos/Sandia/NRL haven't already...)

The transformed object is shaped like a crescent moon, narrow at the tips and thick in the center; the metamaterial consists of these nanocrescent "atoms" arranged in a periodic array. As currently designed, the metamaterial exhibits a negative refractive index over a wavelength range of roughly 250 nanometers in multiple regions of the visible and near-infrared spectrum. The researchers said that a few tweaks to its structure would make this metamaterial useful across the entire visible spectrum.

Source: news.stanford.edu...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Tajlakz

250nm range?

Daaaaayaaaaammmmn

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

We're reaching the point where without a leap in tech we won't be able to go much farther. The RCS numbers are freaking scary now.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

So you're hinting at the fact that the RCS is so small now that they really can't get it any smaller than it is cause it's nearly non existent? Help a dumb bassplyr out. In exchange I'll teach you some sweet double thumb. Not that you've ever wanted to learn how to play the bass.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

We're reaching the point where without a leap in tech we won't be able to go much farther. The RCS numbers are freaking scary now.

North Korean radar:

"Look at this! Those Americans just threw a ping pong ball at us!"

Next minute....

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

From the research I've seen (bits and pieces here and there put together) optical stealth technology has actually been achievable for a long time (perhaps two decades). Now, whether or not it can be scaled up and reliably deployed...

Besides, just because the technology exists, why use it if there isn't a current need? Optical stealth technology would have been over kill 20 years ago, tipped our hand if discovered, and caused a countries to start developing counter measures.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar

Ha! More like a ball bearing.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Optical stealth is perfect for a HALE/MALE UAV platform. It's only really been effective for about ten years. It works, and it's incredibly effective. But the bonding agent doesn't work at high speed.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Why don't they use a diamond coating? I have some amazing pans from Germany that use a diamond non-stick coating that can take a beating. They fuse dimond nano particles onto the surface with insanely high temp. torches...I can even use metal utensils in these non-stick pots/pans without wearing the coating off.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Because your cooking utensils aren't going mach 2, with temps in excess of 5-600 degrees.

top topics

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join