It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

It depends on events when it was canceled. You can tell by how it was done.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Just catching up on things here. Started back on page 63, so sorry for the lengthy reply.

Now, not sure if it's just me, but...

originally posted by: nelloh62
strikefighterconsultinginc.com...

The pictures on that site won't load... Anyone happen to save them? I'm curious.

originally posted by: aholic

And this video is one too.

a reply to: drwire

Thanks for the pictures! Wish I could see the video. That looks more like a meteor to me though, not an aircraft. Especially the way it seems to burn itself out.

a reply to: Sammamishman

Hah! Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that. But I only had the pictures to go off.

a reply to: Zaphod58

Is this anything to do with the variable geometry airfoils? Source

You mean it was going well? Better than expected, possibly? And then it just dropped off the radar? No further studies done?

Yeah, seems legit to me.

Also, it was an F-15B.

originally posted by: boomer135
...but theres some MOA's out there as well...

Agreed. You can get some unexpected surprises in the MOAs.

What would the minimum size for such a hangar be?

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
If the very structure of your craft makes its neutrally buoyant at an altitude well above 100,000 feet, it wouldn't take much of a "push" from your vehicle's engine(s), whatever they may be, to pop you into low Earth orbit, would it?

Even at 100k ft (about 19 miles), you're still around 43 miles away from LEO.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

That's the white version.

Hangar size gives away things. Big enough to fit the plane in.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Aw, shucks... You weren't supposed to figure that out!

It's not like I was asking about empty/loaded weights, which NACA airfoil it is (if it even is one my guess would be at the least in the 8 series), takeoff and landing roll distances, or anything that specific.

edit on 11/25/2014 by cmdrkeenkid because: Attempting to fix YouTube embed.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I know. But I'm still twitchy. Lol

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: darksidius

It depends on events when it was canceled. You can tell by how it was done.

Yeah....the whole "barrel role at Mach 6" statement of requirement, lets make the project goals impossible to achieve old chestnut

It would be interesting if there was a build up of activity at RAF Fairford, those B2 Hangars must be sad places being empty and all.... and if Mildenhall still has it's JP-7 facilities...hhhmmmm

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
With the laws of physic its impossible to do a barrel roll at mach 6 , flying in a straight way is at this days a great leap if its possible. Mach 4 will be surely enough for an operational system, and less stress for the structure and with a range of mach 4 it will be virtualy impossible for a SAM system to catch it. IF a system like that exist in a near futur we must thinking to the security of th pilots too, at mach 6 in the air a little mistake and you will be a beautiful ball of fire with no escape. In my opinion a mach 3/4 more stealthy aircraft will be an enormous advantage for Air force for a lot of decade I cross my fingers to see something like that in the white in a near futur.
edit on 29-11-2014 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: darksidius
With the laws of physic its impossible to do a barrel roll at mach 6 , flying in a straight way is at this days a great leap if its possible. Mach 4 will be surely enough for an operational system, and less stress for the structure and with a range of mach 4 it will be virtualy impossible for a SAM system to catch it. IF a system like that exist in a near futur we must thinking to the security of th pilots too, at mach 6 in the air a little mistake and you will be a beautiful ball of fire with no escape. In my opinion a mach 3/4 more stealthy aircraft will be an enormous advantage for Air force for a lot of decade I cross my fingers to see something like that in the white in a near futur.

I think that it IS possible to do a barrel roll at that speed DEPENDING ON YOUR WING CONFIGURATION. wings that extend out... would shear off.wings that are variable are better.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I wonder if our girl has been keeping busy as of late?

Direct link:
www.dailymail.co.uk... se.html?ICO=most_read_module

Related ATS thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cliff notes:
Loud atmospheric bangs heard from upstate New York to the UK, last night. Reports coming in from all over the UK, and many in upstate New York, through social media. Daily Mail claims to have 'solved' the mystery as being written off as a 'secret US stealth jet'.

Hi Putin!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
With Sams and AA missile systems their smaller mass and size make them a lot more manoeuvrable than something the size of of an Sr-71.Only problem is fuel size as they would run out of go juice before engagement.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: weavty1

I heard these over London on Saturday night, but I also saw A LOT of fireworks too so I'm not that sure.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: weavty1
I had a chuckle this morning I was listening to absolute radio and one presenter was adamant the booms where created by the Aurora (the TR3-b) but as we know the Aurora doesn't exist

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: weavty1

Direct link:

Related ATS thread:

Cliff notes:
Loud atmospheric bangs heard from upstate New York to the UK, last night. Reports coming in from all over the UK, and many in upstate New York, through social media. Daily Mail claims to have 'solved' the mystery as being written off as a 'secret US stealth jet'.

Hi Putin!

Sorry to disappoint everyone but i may have been responsible for the recent spate of loud bangs here in the UK..Beans and Brussel sprout combo. My undercrackers are a bloody disgrace.

Ok back on topic...The Green Goglin/Lantern/TR3B, What a machine.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: weavty1

Direct link:

Related ATS thread:

Cliff notes:

Hi Putin!

Eheheheheh

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hoping some of the more scientific minded members here could help me with this one notion that keeps me scratching my head a little. The Diboron looks very similar color wise to the time I saw the green light. But what I saw was a little bit deeper green or darker green for lack of a better description. I've wondered that maybe the light appeared darker in color from my vantage point because I was so far away and the light phase shifted a little as it went through the atmosphere. Is this possible?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Hoping some of the more scientific minded members here could help me with this one notion that keeps me scratching my head a little. The Diboron looks very similar color wise to the time I saw the green light. But what I saw was a little bit deeper green or darker green for lack of a better description. I've wondered that maybe the light appeared darker in color from my vantage point because I was so far away and the light phase shifted a little as it went through the atmosphere. Is this possible?

Plus you saw it with your own eyes with are higher dynamic range than what the camera used to record these videos was.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Certainly seeing it as darker is definitely possible. As another poster mentioned your eyes will definitely see the colour differently (and better) than the camera. Also the angle you saw it and how much of the flame and how the gases are ejected all make a difference.

A different colour (or hue) would be more difficult to explain I think.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gfad

Thanks both of you for your replies. It was heading away from me about mach 3. Very high. But still low enough to see the dull yellow flame at the source of the green streak. The green part was like a Nyquil green. Kinda reminded me of a green laser in color. Maybe since it was heading away there was some Doppler shift to the red that made it look darker.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

It might not have been pure Diboron fuel too. It could be a mixture of chemicals that can change the color a bit and gave the yellowish tone at the nozzle.
Or possible it was in transition between between two different fuels.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Oh it was definitely "switching stages"

I watched it initiate the green dump and end it. Took about 5 seconds. Was a dull yellow flame (or something with the same appearance of a flame) moving fast then the green streak suddenly behind it, then a few seconds later shut off and the yellow flame little more pronounced and going off into the horizon.

I too wonder if there is something else in there. Copper sulfide? Although I don't know what good it would serve.

And if that green streak is doing what I suspect it might be doing, 5 seconds from mach 2.5 to mach 3+ is pretty damned fast excelleration.

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join