It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: NavyDoc

That is one reason there is a research project started. So that members on the team can look into the actual technology. If the technology does or can exist, then it goes a long way towards it being true. And by the same token, it could go a ways towards disproving it.

But the key is that its about the technology, not who said what.

Also true, however if the only evidence of a project and redukts thereof is someone's word then that veracity must be taken under consideration as well. Anyone can say anything, especially on the net, and one must substantiate before one accepts the premise before it can even be rationally discussed.

That there are projects out there is not surprising nor unexpected. That there are some pretty fantastic results claimed is yet another. Outrageous claims require outrageous proof. "Black projects exist" is a reasonable statement. "Aliens" and "gates" and "battles on mars" are not and need to be investigated. I know that you know such wide claimed knowledge over a vast array of subjects does not pass the TS compartmentalism sniff test.

A sighting of a black project aircraft is interesting. We used to run across SR-71's on approach when I was flying on the west coast often. Nothing gives you a heads up more than overhearing a pilot asking permission to DESCEND to FL600 over the radio.

That's a great discussion.

Tales of secret space officers is embarrassing.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

And if there is no evidence, which right now appears not to be the case, then its up to the individual reader to decide what they want to believe.

Honestly, if someone believes it, and looks up a little more, what's the harm in it? It didn't change the fact that Europe could blow up in the near future, or anything else. Maybe it just gives them a little peace of mind to think that somewhere there is a group of humans capable of getting along without blowing everything up.

Is that such a bad thing? Honestly what does it matter if someone believes?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

And if there is no evidence, which right now appears not to be the case, then its up to the individual reader to decide what they want to believe.

Honestly, if someone believes it, and looks up a little more, what's the harm in it? It didn't change the fact that Europe could blow up in the near future, or anything else. Maybe it just gives them a little peace of mind to think that somewhere there is a group of humans capable of getting along without blowing everything up.

Is that such a bad thing? Honestly what does it matter if someone believes?

It depends I guess. Are we seriously going to try to find something out that is true or simply look for comforting tales?

As an officer I do find it annoying that people claim to be one of us to lend credence to their made up stories.

It can be a distraction from a real event. The thread started out as an interesting sighting from a knowledgable individual of what we will eventually learn was the next generation in high performance recon platforms. Then it went into the weeds with an out there mythos--the outlandish tales can take from a real discussion.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I read this whole thread early this morning, sacrificing sleep. Good stuff. I love giving my brain a little workout with things like this.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

And there's still been quite a bit of discussion about the original sighting. These threads typically wander all over the place, find their way back, then wander off again. Nature of the beast.

Its not so much for comfort, as its just a hell of a lot of FUN to dig into stuff like this and see where you end up. I've started looking into stuff just because something small caught my eye, and wound up in some interesting places.

My wife hates it, because when we're not rolling, I'm sitting there with ten windows open tearing into everything I can find.

Its just fun. The people on the team think so too. They just started and are already having fun. So are several people in the threads.

Some may find comfort in it, and more power to them if they do. Most of us are having fun speculating and researching.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

And there's still been quite a bit of discussion about the original sighting. These threads typically wander all over the place, find their way back, then wander off again. Nature of the beast.

Its not so much for comfort, as its just a hell of a lot of FUN to dig into stuff like this and see where you end up. I've started looking into stuff just because something small caught my eye, and wound up in some interesting places.

My wife hates it, because when we're not rolling, I'm sitting there with ten windows open tearing into everything I can find.

Its just fun. The people on the team think so too. They just started and are already having fun. So are several people in the threads.

Some may find comfort in it, and more power to them if they do. Most of us are having fun speculating and researching.

No, I can swing with that. I too find quite a bit of joy in the hunt for information.

What is this team?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Crazyewok proposed it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I like him. He's a good bloke. I'll see what I can contribute.

Never mind. It is closed and I can't contribute.
edit on 1-8-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

remember the sky quakes? I think they've found a way to take the boom out of sonic boom!

Just a thought, but how high up would they have to be, to go supersonic but not leave behind a sonic boom? And what would it sound like if they were doing a 'skipping a rock across the pond' maneuver over the topmost layer of atmosphere?

Maybe that's what's causing the sky quakes - something too high up to see that's skipping along the exosphere, or just plain leaving the planet with an unknown form of propulsion.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

remember the sky quakes? I think they've found a way to take the boom out of sonic boom!

Just a thought, but how high up would they have to be, to go supersonic but not leave behind a sonic boom? And what would it sound like if they were doing a 'skipping a rock across the pond' maneuver over the topmost layer of atmosphere?

Maybe that's what's causing the sky quakes - something too high up to see that's skipping along the exosphere, or just plain leaving the planet with an unknown form of propulsion.

As high up as there is atmosphere. SR-71 was able to produce a sonic boom at 80k feet when doing Mach 3 but the over pressure was only about 1 pound due to the less dense air at that height. It probably wouldn't be heard at the ground.

The larger and faster the aircraft, the more air compressed, the bigger the boom.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Not necessarily. Maybe things can go fast without causing a sonic boom.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Not necessarily. Maybe things can go fast without causing a sonic boom.

How? When objects move through air, air is displaced. If air is displaced enough, you get a shockwave. Even a magnetic field propulsion that smooths airflow around an object would still displace air.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

just saying, maybe a sonic boon isn't dependent on the speed of the craft, but how the air flows. Find a way to maybe collapse that bubble before it booms and you have no sonic boom.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

There are several studies that have been done or are being done in the whit world to mitigate or eliminate the sonic boom effect.

www.wired.com...

The rumors are that they have gotten pretty close to perfecting it in the black world and have utilized some of the aspects of this on some airframes.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Do we know it she's still on her European vacation? I still haven't heard any more form my eyewitnesses over there.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

As far as I know she should be there for a few months. She may have developed an issue. You can only run so fast, for so long before something catches up. Or it might be a planned pause to look at data.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Three times I've watched an aircraft go over Wyoming that passed everything else in the air like it was standing still, without a sound noticed on the ground.

Fuselage shaping plays a huge role in the boom you get.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Holy cow that was a long 52 page read!
About 7 years ago, I was headed West out of Casper to do a little shooting and walking the prairie.
As I was driving out Zero road, I caught something in my peripheral vision about 600-1000 feet up.
I glanced up to see a black airframe that looked to be about the size of a Lear Jet traveling Northeast whiz by faster than anything I have ever seen. It was there and in the blink of an eye, it was gone. No sound whatsoever.
By the speed, it definitely should have broken the sound barrier.

Still bewildered as to what it was.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

just saying, maybe a sonic boon isn't dependent on the speed of the craft, but how the air flows. Find a way to maybe collapse that bubble before it booms and you have no sonic boom.

A lot of factors--ambient temperature, pressure, shape (a more aerodynamic shape displaces less air than one less so). It's fluid dynamics, you make the fluid (air) pass around the object more smoothly and with less turbulence, you get less displacement and less boom.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Three times I've watched an aircraft go over Wyoming that passed everything else in the air like it was standing still, without a sound noticed on the ground.

Fuselage shaping plays a huge role in the boom you get.

Yep. Fluid dynamics. Also altitude changes the footprint of the boom. 1 mile for every thousand feet of altitude.

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join