It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I watched this last night, pretty interesting stuff. Scarily, a lot of the opinions mirror those of a few of the respected posters (at least I respect the hell out of them) on here.

You guys go all movie star on us and not tell us?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

I wish. Then I'd have something I'm not going to have for awhile. A paycheck.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh no! Everything alright mate?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Eh, the joys of being a lease operator. Been in the shop three times in like two weeks, and managed to run about 700 miles in that time. So got a lot of catching up to do.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Yeah, new engine design, old but pretty as hell shape. That sounds exactly like our girl.

A lot of UFO sightings are gonna turn out to be black projects, with some discrediting reports thrown in of fake sightings or meteors.

That would be my bet, too. I might hold that opinion because my grandfather was stationed at Roswell back in the day. The best I got from him on that big "ufo controversy" was that it wasn't a weather balloon but it also wasn't an UFO either, lol. If it works, don't fix it.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

By UFO, I'm guessing he means an Alien UFO....now whether it was an unidentified flying object? I'd have to go with a resounding "yes".

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: kingofyo1

It's in one of the two major threads, about halfway through.

which 2 threads we talking bout zap? pm me them?

I just finished reading all 49 pages of this thread, would anyone be so kind as to link me to the other major thread referenced here?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

Had a similar experience in Arizona as well. The presence of a chase plane following a very fast and very quiet craft(as in falling behind) is what prompted me to call the local USAF bases in the area (all 50 bzillion of them lol) since the odd aircraft in question was flying awfully low over a town for something that might actually be experimental/classified. Liason from one of the AFBs said that they don't even let the stealth fly under 10k ft altitude so she was puzzled about the altitude, too. None of the bases claimed it and it had some pretty strange lights on it. Those were steady orange and white globe lights though not a green strobe.

The AFB's could be telling the truth. It could be CIA/NRO/SOC/private contractor. The government is good at answering questions narrowly and letting people make potentially wrong implications on their own.

edit on 31-7-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

Had a similar experience in Arizona as well. The presence of a chase plane following a very fast and very quiet craft(as in falling behind) is what prompted me to call the local USAF bases in the area (all 50 bzillion of them lol) since the odd aircraft in question was flying awfully low over a town for something that might actually be experimental/classified. Liason from one of the AFBs said that they don't even let the stealth fly under 10k ft altitude so she was puzzled about the altitude, too. None of the bases claimed it and it had some pretty strange lights on it. Those were steady orange and white globe lights though not a green strobe.

The AFB's could be telling the truth. It could be CIA/NRO/SOC/private contractor. The government is good at answering questions narrowly and letting people make potentially wrong implications on their own.

Yep, always a possibility. It's just in that part of the country, one is literally surrounded by air bases so it was the most likely source. As far as the last bit, having had a colonel grandfather, I know very well that if he didn't really want to answer a question, he was excellent at muddling it to the point of total confusion and evading the truth without ever actually lying. I may or may not have picked up on that trait. Shhhhh! lol

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Of the 11 UAV types that I know of that are in development, they could say that about at least five of them, and be telling the truth.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Zaphod...I've been reading this thread with extreme interest. I've only told a few people about this sighting from back in the 70's. Night time, from a hillside outside of San Fran., approx 11pm. A friend was with me. So, we both saw it.

About the size of a 20 story building, but on it's side. Dark matte blackish in color low altitude, no sound at all. Altitude approx 5-600 ft. Moving very slowly. Could see a lot of detail, including what appeared to be multiple widows scattered about the structure, mostly in the front half. Detail included what appeared to be large square and rectangular protrusions jutting out from the skin/surface of the craft. I can't remember details of the end of the craft all that much, as I was quite frankly scared out of my skin, with nowhere to run in a huge open field. It was massive, and I don't remember seeing any type of wing structure, only that most of it filled a huge rectangular space in the sky overhead. We first noticed it way off in the distance as a light that got brighter and brighter as it got closer.

2 days after that sighting, there were reports in the San Fran Chronicle of UFO sightings over the San Fran Bay Area. In the area I and my friend were, when we saw the craft that slowly flew over us. BTW, due to the size of the craft, it seemed like it took forever to actually pass directly over us.

Have you ever heard any stories of such a craft?

TIA...

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

One of the things brought up in the other thread is/are massive ships that almost never come down, because they're such a PITA to handle around the lower altitude winds. They were described a miles long in some cases, with some being smaller.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Thanks Zaph. I just noticed something kind of... I guess odd and I wanted to bring it here, just in case it's related.

With all of this talk of black triangles and the like, I decided to pull up photos of Groom Lake on both Google and Bing Maps. From what I've read, and correct me if I'm wrong please, Bing Maps seems to have more current photos then Google Maps. As I zoomed in on a portion of one of the hangers, I noticed 2 white triangles. To verify, I pulled them up on Bing and ,to my surprise, found that they are no longer there. What's also weird, but not surprising, is that the Google Image looks like it was tampered with in the area of the triangles. It appears this hanger was under construction at the time of the photo as well, as the Bing photo shows a shiny new hanger, whereas the Google image clearly shows it still under construction. What I found also interesting is the arrangement of what looks like cargo containers in the Google image: they're blocking all outward facing views of the triangles. Could these be one of the two planes being discussed here?

edit on 31-7-2014 by parad0x122 because: typos

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply. I know when we got back to my house, I called SFO tower and asked if any reports of unusual craft or sightings. Was told no. I also called Moffett Field the next day, a man called me back the next day and took a report over the phone from me.

I'll have to look in the other thread for what you spoke of.

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Those could be just about anything. Finished projects waiting for shipping back to wherever, to new markers for wind direction.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Sooooo frustrating! If only I could acquire higher resolutions photos with REAL timestamps. :-/ (Says just about everyone in the world looking at Area 51 on Google.)

The only reason I thought they may be airframes was because they appear to cast a shadow underneath them. You have no idea how badly I want to see one of these badboys in action. *Shrug* oh well, only time will tell I suppose. Until then, I'll be checking this thread VERY often ;-)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The Air Force is VERY good at tracking satellite overflights and knowing when they would be going overhead. They're not likely to leave a classified airframe sitting out where a passing commercial satellite could see it.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Lol, I'd hope they were! If not, we're in big trouble.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Now leaving an interesting airframe sitting in a shelter that you can barely see from the road..... that's a different story.

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join