It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I've looked around, but nothing of this quality.

Do you have any links?

edit on 22-7-2014 by ExperimentationTheory because: Grammar error

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: quatro

Between its stealth, and cruising altitude, good luck even seeing it on radar.

Sonic boom?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Again, altitude. We're talking very high altitude. The sheer distance to the ground would help to get rid of any noise.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Does the density of the air effect the boom effect? I would think that if the air became thin enough at extreme altitude, the sonic boom effect would be muted somewhat.

edit on 22-7-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Yes. Density, and airframe shape both play a big role in the boom, and its effects.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I thought wing design was a major component?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

To an extent. A thicker wing isn't going to go supersonic, but the airframe shape is the biggest aspect for the sonic boom is the shape of the airframe. How it goes through the air determines the size of the boom. The Concorde sonic boom was over the threshold for potential damage on the ground while it was at 50,000 feet. The SR-71 was just under it at 80,000 feet.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Again, altitude. We're talking very high altitude. The sheer distance to the ground would help to get rid of any noise.

It must only fly missions at night then, otherwise someone would surely have seen it taking off and landing?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You know what would be really interesting? If they came up with a way to cancel inertia, so they could turn as hard as they wanted to without Gs being a problem.

There is a way to negate inertia, a mass damping field, no mass, no inertia.
According to a discredited individual that is precisely what was discovered from a mythical crash some years ago.
Mathematically it's conceivable, when I first heard of such a thing, some 20 years ago I posed the question to my differential equations professor.
He though it might be mathematically demonstrable

If you have a rotating magnetic field the field produces a torque normal to the plane of rotation. Now if you have two magnetic fields rotating normal to each other the resulting torque is the cross product of the two individual t vectors, the resultant is normal into the 4th dimension.
And according to my professor, the 4th dimension is mass and the fifth is time.
I've always thought that if "alien" craft were recovered mass negation technologies would be something we would find, as it also has implications for relatavistic travel, mass can't go to infinity if you have no mass within your frame of references.
edit on 22-7-2014 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

Does the density of the air effect the boom effect? I would think that if the air became thin enough at extreme altitude, the sonic boom effect would be muted somewhat.

you do remember that these craft make air resistant free corridors to travel through right? the boom you hear from them is just the tunnel collapsing shut after it.

I been searching for inertial cancelling patents. ill link them below.

patent

patent

patents

patents

before its news link,but it has a patent refrence

Zap i bet a few of those are aplicable.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If what ive seen rising out of the desert is the craft we are talking about, it takes off just after sunset. I've seen it on three occasions, it's a brilliant white pulsating light that moves from the sw, ntr is only 75-100 miles from where I've seen it, which was always a high altitude in the sierra.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You would be amazed at what you can fly out of some of these bases and no one notices. That's why they're out in the middle of nowhere. If it flies out of Area 51, then there's no one there to see it until it's climbing up to altitude, where you couldn't tell it from a normal plane. Even from Edwards, a lot of people wouldn't even blink, because of Palmdale, and the population density around the base.

Departure times are dictated by times over the target. You want to get there when you have the best visibility of the ground. Sometimes that means you may have to take off when it is closer to daytime.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

No, we're talking about the original sighting, not those craft. The original one is a normal aircraft that just goes really fast.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

No, we're talking about the original sighting, not those craft. The original one is a normal aircraft that just goes really fast.

ahh ok. well does my links pertain to the other one though? not the one currently being discussed?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Potentially yes. I've heard some potential ideas for it that made me want to drink.
edit on 7/22/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/22/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

maybe

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I think there are more people than we think seeing them take off and land. Not all of them are ATS aviation forum posters or even know they are seeing something special.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The average person can't tell an F-15 from an F-16, or a 747 from a 767, let alone realize that they're looking at a real "oh my god" level of technology. You're lucky to get most of them to even look up.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

I think there are more people than we think seeing them take off and land. Not all of them are ATS aviation forum posters or even know they are seeing something special.

True. I guess my implication was more like, if this aircraft really is in IOC, how is it still so secret since an ISR craft would need to fly in daylight if you want anything other than IR and SAR images of your targets? But it makes sense that people see it and just don't know that it's something special. I would have to assume that our enemies have a better idea about what's out there than we do.
edit on 22-7-2014 by quatro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I would completely agree. One could be written off as something totally natural if they didn't know what they were looking at.

Regarding our enemies. They are hard at working trying, probably even here on this website fishing or hacking or whatever. But, No, they have no clue the S@$(% Storm they would be ambling into if they ever tried for real to mess with the US. No idea. they think they do, but no, they don't. Lets keep it that way.

But this one thing does have a distinct signature that will look awesome over their skies. If SHTF and hostilities ever broke out and this one thing I'm referring to even went openly operational. It's distinct signature will be quickly associated with , "Awww damn! We just got punked again by the USA." Chinese generals will start developing pavlovian phobias to certain colors.

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join