It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 160
<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

China already has a hypersonic weapon in the DF-21.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Do you think the SR-72 become a grey program soon ? Lockheed speak about 2018 for a f-22 size demonstrator, it surely mean there is something actualy flying in the black.
edit on 9-6-2017 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

No this is in regards to aircraft. They were researching plasma air spikes for vehicles up to mach 5.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I know. But once you have a working weapon system, you learn a lot that can be applied to aircraft as well.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

So how long has she been in operation?Do they normally put info on planes out way in advance while the plane is flying(in testing)?Thank You.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Black programs that go white, or white programs that go black sometimes have information released prior to going in either direction.

The information about it flying comes from odd sightings and word of mouth. Announcing that they're flying a test article, or even that they're flying the real thing in testing opens up a lot of room for them to fly out of different areas they can't now.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Do you think this move by lockheed and dod is because things are heating up around the world and they need way more bases to fly her out of. Or a base they have been using in a foreign country is about to be no longer used due to potential politics etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

They're hedging their bets. If one or more bases are closed to them, they'll have options if they open things up.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Sounds good to me. Now more memvers in this thread can see her pretty green light.

Think theyll still only fly her at night blacked out so that people dont get too good of a gander. Or will we actually get to see the sexy girl for once.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

We might get the demonstrator, but it'll be many years still before we see the real thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The demonstrator i have a feeling is for a different project than a hypersonic spy plane or pgs.

F22 sized huh. Well theyve been testing skins to withstand hypersonic friction which is something youd be more concerned about at lower altitudes at mach 5-6 ish than what a spy plane flies at. True a hypersonic missile should not burn up before actually getting to the target. But my speculation is that this new demonstrator dovetails nicely with afre. Sounds more to me like they are trying to build a hypersonic interceptor /fighter or light tactical bomber.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

The demonstrator i have a feeling is for a different project than a hypersonic spy plane or pgs.

F22 sized huh. Well theyve been testing skins to withstand hypersonic friction which is something youd be more concerned about at lower altitudes at mach 5-6 ish than what a spy plane flies at. True a hypersonic missile should not burn up before actually getting to the target. But my speculation is that this new demonstrator dovetails nicely with afre. Sounds more to me like they are trying to build a hypersonic interceptor /fighter or light tactical bomber.

The X-15 had skin issues at the altitudes it flew at.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Flipper35

She also didnt have a plasma spike to help. Im figuring an interceptor or fighter wouldnt want one either. The only thing to get by would be tough skin.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Plasma spike may also loosr its usefulness at liwer altitudes. Although i would still want to incorporate plasma into the scheme somehow.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Maybe related maybe not but a friend of mine was wild camping last week near Ullapool in Scotland. On two separate nights he was woken up around 2-3am by a really low rumbling sound travelling at speed.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

I live North West England, and have heard that numerous occasions over the last couple of years. Its always around the 2-4 am time, and is definitely not a civil aircraft. That I am sure of, but have no proof. It really is the most strange sound.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: nelloh62

I live North West England, and have heard that numerous occasions over the last couple of years. Its always around the 2-4 am time, and is definitely not a civil aircraft. That I am sure of, but have no proof. It really is the most strange sound.
you must live near me then I'm from there also heard it once as well

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
WEAV happened like that..There one minute,gone the next..

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

And you're right it doesn't sound like any civil aircraft that flies over mine I'm used to 737's and 320's descending down into Manchester coming over my house. Also see the and hear the heavies flying North to go out over the Atlantic and that was totally different to any of them.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I am not far off the same flightpaths. It is definitely different to any commercial aircraft. I have tried to catch any aircraft in the vicinity on radar. Nothing was even showing in the air within 50 mile radius. I know not all military aircraft show up on adb-s, and flightradar also showed zero. Every single time. Sound can be very deceiving, and by the time I hear anything it is probably well gone. In an effort not to derail this thread, I don't think this aircraft and the Green Lady are one and the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 157  158  159    161  162  163 >>

join