It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird California sighting

page: 158
<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Bedlam

a reply to: mbkennel

the AI wasnt made of crystal. It was in a DIAMOND MINE in a cavern though.

I was out of town for most of the Astro period. Was the thing named Merlin?

I think it was called Shirley. and it likes the naked gun movies and airplane.

Well, it IS trapped in a crystal cavern, right?

It WAS trapped in a cavern lol. By the way that was a infuriating game.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

looking like a Klingon bird of prey

That is very interesting, somewhere in this thread(i think it was this thread anyway) a member posted a link to a link to an airforce/manufacturer? paper detailing various high altitude high speed desings, and one fits that description. It had engines mounted outboard on the wing.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10 He didn`t say where the engines were,the thing that reminded him of the bird of prey was the wings and front of the aircraft.He also said it was larger than the KC-135,so she`s big,whatever it was.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

the green lady is presumed to be a big bird,
i mentioned the drawing with the wing mounted engines, because when i saw it the klingon ship was what came to mind. Im pretty certain it was an old design~50's ish.
and also somewhere in this thread is a link to a page that has a link to a british "black" aviation forum, where they were discussing some sightings in britain of an aircraft that they were thinking was almost certainly derived from the valkyrie.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10 You have no idea how envious I am of those sightings.But since the refueling was over my home area I hope to see it someday.The XB-70 design makes sense,it was a mach 3 aircraft back in the 60`s so an update using whats been learned and modern materials should be awesome.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Forensick

Germanys tech that was years ahead of anyone elses suggested help.

Except it wasn't, the Brits were working on jet engines at the same time, the British used radar, the German rockets were as I said, proof of we put our mind to it we can achieve great things, war has always driven huge advances in technology because it focuses the whole nation under the threat of extinction, what better to focus you on achieving things.

Same with Manhattan project, the space race in the Cold War and now with these birds we are seeing. If America says you need to find an aircraft that can fly st Mach 6, be invisible to radar and can only be fuelled by known oil based fuel, a group of the best minds in that field in the world working on it will succeed and in getting there will likely spawn other technologies with other uses such as titanium, RAM, heat exchangers, carbon fibre, ramjets, buy pass engines etc.

The only difference being, if we were actually at war, these guys would be working with twice as many people for twice as many hours with a minute risk profile and authority to do pretty much anything.

We could colonise Mars if trump said it will happen by the end of his term.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
War industry turns the country on its head and dedicates itself to beating the other side at all cost..Black projects are black because both to not let the other side know what you have and also to stop the civilians from being destabilised due to finances being not going to school funding.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Was Astr0 contributing anything of value to this forum? It depends. Do you think science fiction is sometimes too realistic? Does the suggestion that you pick through a story about dream-harvesting breakaway civilization salt mine AI RK space explorers to find the purported 10% of content that is true sound like a reasonable proposition to you? If yes i.e. to either of these questions then Astr0's posts will provide you with hours of frustrating entertainment. If not then they will evoke something not unlike frustration, let's call it contempt.
edit on 5-12-2016 by wirehead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The idea that German technology in WWII was far in advance of the rest of the world is a particularly pernicious sort of historical myth. The badhistory subreddit does a good job giving lie to this:

www.reddit.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: wirehead
Was Astr0 contributing anything of value to this forum? It depends. Do you think science fiction is sometimes too realistic? Does the suggestion that you pick through a story about dream-harvesting breakaway civilization salt mine AI RK space explorers to find the purported 10% of content that is true sound like a reasonable proposition to you? If yes i.e. to either of these questions then Astr0's posts will provide you with hours of frustrating entertainment. If not then they will evoke something not unlike frustration, let's call it contempt.

actually it was 25 percent truth. remember the 75/25 rule.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
As a human it is always good to wonder and speculate..Research is needed to confirm.Solid data is needed.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
heres a thought. alot of things are considered myth at one time or another,but sometimes myth is based on reality and proven to be a fact.

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: wirehead

I´m not saying they (the germans in WW2) were really knowing what they did but one thing is certain that they experimented much and were going trial by error when it comes to unknown fields. It´s not only operation PaperClip, there was a hunt for technology. For example after the war ended, whole factories where torn down by the russians, british and USA and relocated to their respective countries. Russians took ahold of ZEISS, an optics manufacturer for example, but did not had the knowledge to make the machines produce the same quality for some time. In relation to that, it´s up to your definition what´s far in advance.

The answer to why germany is so sophisticated when it comes to technology is not that we are super smart or better engineers in terms of genius. Our country was a pile of rocks after prolonged bombing even after we surrendered. It´s our mindset/pride when it comes to work, the language as in it being an adaptable language, you can make up words on the fly that describe whole processes/thoughts. Same with the Japanese, their overall mindset is similar to ours, when it comes to work, pride and precission. If you compare the clichees of both countries, you´ll get the drift. Germans/Japanese share many clichees: No humor, way to concerned with little things, old values, work pride, you get the drift.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Its engineering archeology I find interesting.The way British cottage industry has struggled,why German based tech is driven by efficiency and high tolerances to be perfect.Why Japanese equipment is focused on the ancestors,elegance and cutting edge.Why USA has looked at mass production and using its vast resources to stay ahead of the game at all costs.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I love my German-made cookware. It's entirely over engineered, and I'm totally OK with that.

It's sad when I see something made in Europe, not the USA and get excited about the potential quality.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
@Blackfinger
Keep in mind, if you talk about mass production, relate it to the population. USA has 3.5 times more inhabitants than Germany. I may be wrong with what I´m writing now but it could be related to the "throw-away-culture". I see this is a becoming a thing here, too.

@Kettu
WMF? Don´t be sad, you have all the secret programs, NASA. Companies like Northrop and Lockheed Martin. Technology wise, in this particular field, USA is lengths ahead of Germany. C4SISR...

Although I dare to say it has to do with Germany still not being a sovereign republic since WW2 and this ties in with the patent office, the things we are allowed to build and do are still not the same rights as those of the USA. Surveilance and such, transfer of technology from german BNI agents to NSA. In exchange for Bad Aiblingen and other US spy facilities, we get (reduced) access to C4ISR.

Although I don´t trust the BNI (equivalent to NRO/NSA) with their competence on IT systems one bit. There was this case where the Bundestag was hacked and data was "flowing out" for over two weeks and they could not stop it. The tool you need is called an axe and you are suppose to smash it into the LWL (fibre optics) uplink. Then there is incompetence on side of software engineering. I laugh about the Bundestrojaner (german goverments remote access tool) that is maintained by a private company because we lack the skills at BNI.

You would think with the CCC and all the phreakers from the last century we would have the knowledge but I don´t see it´s the case. Terrible decisions are made because people hold positions that they are totally unqualified for. How can a 60+ year old without knowledge about IT-systems become "Minister of digital economy" when he has no idea how to use emails, let alone speak or understand english.

Rant over

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It's been a while, caught this report of a solid, neon-green light hauling it over Long Island. Could be just a meteor, though the timing is interesting. Is she out and about again I wonder? The climate around Syria sure is heating up...
edit on 7-4-2017 by Revolvacron because: Misquote

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolvacron

The location would be right.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It's a shame I've been working early shifts or I would've stayed up late to see if I could hear a low engine grumble again

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Green over San Diego last night looks like a meteor but ???

Vid

Just posting to keep things going and the color was a nice green!!!

top topics

<< 155  156  157    159  160  161 >>

join