It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

You're right. No one would just walk out and say that. We don't talk that way. Usually when we say "this" we are either being hypothetical or stressing something to make a point: "This idea is rather intriguing because..." or "This is not the time to bring that up." If someone was staying at a summer cottage next to a beach they wouldn't say: "Wanna go for a walk on this beach?" They would say: "Wanna go for a walk on the beach?" So yeah, it really doesn't fit at all.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

It's strange how some kids remember the old spelling as well, although it's mostly generation X and up who do. It's almost as if the change didn't happen at one particular time, but was somehow gradually inserted. How this would actually work is intriguing to say the least.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

You're right. No one would just walk out and say that. We don't talk that way. Usually when we say "this" we are either being hypothetical or stressing something to make a point: "This idea is rather intriguing because..." or "This is not the time to bring that up." If someone was staying at a summer cottage next to a beach they wouldn't say: "Wanna go for a walk on this beach?" They would say: "Wanna go for a walk on the beach?" So yeah, it really doesn't fit at all.

Yeah.. I sang 'It's a beautiful day in THIS neighborhood' yesterday while coming into the house and then again while going out to see if it would make sense, and it didnt. I sounded like I was visiting a stranger's home for the very first time!

Your example of staying at the cottage and saying lets go for a walk on THIS beach further exposes how alien it is.. as if the person/program who filled in the missing audio/video in that spot does not speak our American English OR doesn't speak the American English from this society.

Furthermore because saying THIS neighborhood or THIS beach around one's domicile would NOT be appropriate even in the CURRENT reality as well, I hypothesize that the current anomoly has an 'alien' origin; that it isn't just Mr Rogers in the 'subsequent and current' American reality!

Does anyone read lips? The lips dont appear to match the enunciation. It sounds like they spliced his other 'this' over 'the'. Creeepy!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Sounds like "Blind Faith" by Joe McGinniss, although I have not read it.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Okay, so... here is part of my day...
I spent the day rearranging things in storage. I ran across boxes of books from my childhood.
Now, these books have not been out in the open for maybe 10-12 years or more.
One of the books I discovered was this:

Now... when I ran across this book it "hit me like a ton of bricks". I REMEMBER IT BEING BERENSTEIN!!!!! WTF!!!!!
Why? Well, because I was one of the masses who was certain that I remembered the author's/characters names being "Berenstein".
However, when I saw this book, I realized that I MUST have been wrong.
The realization gave me a sinking feeling in my stomach.

I brought the book home and asked my youngest daughter, who was sitting at the table, if she remembered a book we read when she was young "about the bear family".
She said yes, it was a mom, dad, and two bear cubs.
I asked if she remembered their names.
She said "yes, it was Berensteen". (I spelled it the way she spoke it.)
Anyway, I showed her the book with the author's names and said "what do you think of that?".
She stated that she felt she had been lied to.
She said that her teachers grade 1-3 grade had lied...as well as me.
She said she specifically remembers me saying "Berenstein" (Berensteen).
She says the "Illuminati" is in on it (?). Not sure where THAT comes from...

Strange, weird, and real all rolled into one!

It is wild when you realize that you were wrong your whole life and masses of people were wrong also...and it is trips you out so much that you just KNOW there is a conspiracy about the names of a "bear book" but, have no earthly idea WHY? there would be such a conspiracy....

It's too much, really, too much...

Thanks for sharing... your youngest daughter saying that the ILLUMINATI is on the cover of the now Bernstains book is quite perplexing! It's an OMEN! Maybe..

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It does seem that very specific things have changed. It's not as if the past just happened differently. If it had, likely people would have been noticing that Mr. Rogers looks differently, talks differently, the sets were different colours and so forth. It's only very specific details, such as dates and wordings that seem changed (as if the past exists in some database that has been altered by a practical joker.) I guess one major question in this is whether or not these changes were deliberate or accidental. If someone/ones (be it God, aliens, etc.,) somehow altered reality, why such insignificant changes? It frankly seems deliberate to me because it's always these very specific details which we have ingrained into our memories which have changed. I vividly remember "Berenstein Bears," yet the covers still look right to me (the art styles, colours, etc.) So I would say that the past hasn't been changed by time travel or something (as some have suggested,) not just because the geography of things have changed as well, but because it just seems like particular (and very noticeable) things have changed.

Why would someone/s do such a thing? For what benefit? The result seems to be that we are questioning reality. I would surmise therefore that is most likely the intent (if there is one.)

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Mischievous demons, aliens, illuminati, psyops, corporate giants.. all of the above... who knows?!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Here is a clip of my favourite science fiction author, Philip K. Dick, discussing his idea of how reality is intentionally changed. He stated that he believed we are living in a 'computer programmed reality.' This was a very radical concept for his time.

Unfortunately, no one seems to have the entire speech.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Ok I can buy that theory as Grey aliens or even inter dimensional beings, being the culprit. This was a theory originally laid out by Jaques Valle thinking that UFO's show themselves from time to time just to play tricks on us. This could be the same thing. If this is true, this is SUPER ADVANCED technology being used, way beyond our comprehension.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Yes!
It is strange that she said that!
I suppose I will have to limit her time on ATS...
for sure!

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
Here is a clip of my favourite science fiction author, Philip K. Dick, discussing his idea of how reality iis intentionally changed. He stated that he believed we are living in a 'computer programmed reality.' This was a very radical concept for his time.

Unfortunately, no one seems to have the entire speech.

whoever's running them, whether organic or synthetic beings probably sees us as an experiment, videogame/entertainment, and/or ipet!

i've heard many scientists remind us that for a universe that is SO vast and already 14 billion years yet human civilization not even around for the last million years of that time, that we are the least developed.. no wonder we were used as slaves to mine gold and what not when ETs did take residence here millenia ago.

anyways i'm 100% convinced now that even in THIS 'Reality' the Berenstein Bears were ALWAYS the Berensteins, for this JAN 2001 discussion runs 2 pages long with dozens upon dozens of posters ALL refering to the Bears as the Berensteins, unanimously; not one person in 2001 there was spelling it Berenstain:

coasterbuzz.com...

Berenstein Bear Land or Snoopy Land
Recent Forums General Buzz
Coastergasm
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 9:52 AM
I think Cedar point should bring back Berenstein Bear land and take out that crappy Snoopy Land,Everyone Loves Berenstein Bears, They could have marketed a whole new series to the next generation of kids. Bring Back Berenstien Bear Land Yo!

-------------
Sex or riding a Coaster?

Im going with the Coaster!!!!
+0Link
CPcyclone
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 9:54 AM
while I like that CP brought snoopy to the park, I don't think they should have canned the berenstein Bears. They could have lived together in harmony...
+0Link
ToddConstantine
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 10:14 AM
Yeah, even though I do like Snoopy, I think they should have kept Berenstein Bears. They should have kept it where the Snoopy store is now.

-------------
Disaster Transport is exactly that - a disaster of a ride. - KMAN
+0Link
Elroy
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 10:47 AM
But with out Camp Snoopy, Cedar Point would not have the worlds tallest kiddy coaster.
+0Link
Jeff
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 4:44 PM
Jeff's avatar Show a picture of the bears and Peanuts and ask him which one he knows.

Case closed.

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Admin - CoasterBuzz.com
+0Link
Dustijn Hollon
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 4:54 PM
Berenstein who?

Face it, you can market the Peanuts, Berenstein Bears are just pretty much a dud.

Oh and FYI it's CAMP SNOOPY and Berenstein Bear Country, not Berenstein Bear Land and Snoopy Land.

-----MAMBA-----
Better than SF
---------------
+0Link
T-Wolf
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 5:42 PM
My vote is for snoopy!!!!
Even though the great Charles Schultz(MHRIP) Has has passed away the Peanuts gang are deffinately alot more identifiable than the Berenstein Bears.
Especially with the generation wich is growing up now. I mean when is the last time a bears special has been on TV its been awhile. And i am pretty sure we see the great pumpkin on every year.

-------------
#1 Steel-Incredible Hulk
#1 Wood--Timber Wolf
+0Link
RandyHutchinson
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 5:45 PM
While CP might have canned Bearenstein Bear Country Cedar Fair hasn't with a Beresnstein Bear Country in operation at Valleyfair! and a Camp Snoopy approximately 15 min away.

-------------
Randy Hutchinson
You build it, I'll ride it
+0Link
Dustijn Hollon
Thursday, January 4, 2001 10:27 AM
Give it a year, I gurantee it.
There are some main reasons why I believe this will happen...

#1 Smart Business move
a. own the exclusive rights to Peanuts in the USA
b. Peanuts are more recognizable than the bears
c. no more paying loyalties to the Berensteins for the bears usage in the parks

#2 Following in order
IMHO CF:LP is going in the order of importance of the parks. Notice how Dorney got it, then WOF, and who is left...oh yeah VF!

#3 Cause I said so

Dustijn

---------WILDFIRE----------
2001 looks to be a scorcher
----------------------------
+0Link
brattykid
Friday, January 5, 2001 10:59 AM
Dustijn, in order of importance? Excuse me?

I believe the only reason Valleyfair still has the Berenstein Bear Country is because we have Camp Snoopy 15 minutes away. I suppose they will sometime change it to make it more uniform among all their parks then...and since this is the area that Charles Schulz grew up in and where he started his cartoon, I'm assuming that it will happen sometime soon in order to "please" the masses of Peanuts lovers here.

Does anybody besides me remember when there wasn't a Berenstein Bear Country at Valleyfair? I can't remember what it was before but I know that it hasn't been the bears for the whole time.

Personally, while I like the bears, they definately don't have the same appeal as they did back in the 80's.
-------------
Been there. Done that. Doin' it again.
+0Link
raptorfan00
Friday, January 5, 2001 3:31 PM
CAMP SNOOPY. Peanuts are the greatest comic charecters. Charlie Brown, Linus, Snoopy, etc... Berenstein bears are just a dud. They couldn't market any products besides a bear. They wouldn't make money. But with Peanuts they have all the charecters.
+0Link
Dustijn Hollon
Friday, January 5, 2001 3:59 PM
brattykid said:
"Dustijn, in order of importance? Excuse me?"

I will back this up by pointing out this.

It took 4 years before a major attraction was added at the park. 96-WildThing 00-Power Tower

*IMHO Mad Mouse really wasn't that major*

Since 1996 VF! has received maybe 3 rides.
-Chaos, MadMouse, PowerTower

Compare that to the other parks and that is LOW

It has the least amount of occupied space of all the parks (with the only exception being possibly KBF)

Last of the smaller CF:LP parks to get an updated website. DP->WOF->VF

ONLY CF:LP park not to bring home at least ONE Golden Ticket Award

and the list goes on...
I'm not saying that the park is bad, I'm just pointing out that the park isn't considered all that important. Honestly who is it's competition?
There is none. The people that go to the park are locals, I highly doubt people from outside the area make special trips there.

But that just MHO.
-D

-----------WILDFIRE--------------
Scorching the Competition in 2001
---------------------------------
+0Link
Andrew
Friday, January 5, 2001 4:46 PM
I say keep Berenstein Bear Land and Camp Snoopy. Camp Snoopy is the area in the back of the park when Berenstein Bears were in the front.
-------------
Ride with full FORCE
+0Link
Dutchman
Friday, January 5, 2001 7:14 PM
Hey, Jeff said it all. It's about product recognition,marketabilty,and merchandising, in other words, MONEY!
+0Link
RandyHutchinson
Friday, January 5, 2001 8:08 PM
To vouch for Valleyfair! I'd just like to point out that it was one of two of the Cedar Fair Parksto raise its attendance. And without any competition to keep a developing interest in Amusement Parks going in MN I think that speaks volumes for Valleyfair.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Then you've never talked to anyone from the north east, which is where Fred Rogers is from...

a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Or that user regulars conspiracy sites and runs off on their daughter more than they think...

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Spell check fixes stain to stein in a name. That was proven earlier in the thread. It's why it is so often misspelled on ads.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Spellcheck? but its mispelled in a few places in that thread and here:

coasterbuzz.com...://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/valleyfair-announces-new-attraction-ride-for-2004at-happened-to-the

Oh, you've brought back many memories. I've gone to CP every year since my youth (except for 1995).
I loved the Earthquake ride more than the Pirate ride and was sad to see it be replaced with Berenstain Bear Country.

and here:

coasterbuzz.com...

Valleyfair will replace Berenstain Bear Country with two new attractions for 2004. The $1.35 million face-lift will be anchored by the Foam Ball Factory, a multi-level foam ball attraction, and a Zamperla Rockin’ Tug.

edit on 27-9-2015 by Milah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I was scrolling through older posts looking for where coasterbuzz auto-correcting stAin to stEin was proven and haven't found anything but did find that apparently even a Federal Government website link spelled it Berenstein and no surprise, is now DELETED:

www.nsa.gov...

An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.984eaad1.1443387074.6e5f3e7

originally posted by: jacygirl
www.nsa.gov/academia_/files/.../geo-room_design.pdf

www.nsa.gov

Likewise a LITERACY SITE also spelled it Berenstein Bears :

aac.unl.edu...

and a SCHOOL site's teachers page spelled it Berenstein Bears:

www.wbschools.org...

Berenstein Bears vocabulary builder (primary)
PBS KIDS

and then this:

originally posted by: thisguy27
a reply to: michaeldeschain

The Demiurge is losing control over the dimension.

Too many entities are trying to do different things all at once, so the Demiurge goes with the past of least resistance.

That is how minor things like BerenstAIn or BerenstEIn come to happen. Or else the location of new Zealand, date of Mandela's death, so on and so forth.

Little things here and there, but in sum total add to up to one effed up reality.

The Demiurge is the sum total of all the memories that our little planet and species have had. So when one group of people have different memories than another, it goes with whichever one is more popular.

never heard of the Demiurge concept before.. interesting!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
No, in this thread...several text editors show stain spelled wrong and stein is the option it gives. Some phones and editors change the name automatically.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
TWO PAGES of January 2001 discussion between multiple posters who ALL unanimously got 'autocorrected' to -stein (what are the odds, compared to later individual posts below?!):

coasterbuzz.com...

Berenstein Bear Land or Snoopy Land
Recent Forums General Buzz
Coastergasm
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 9:52 AM
I think Cedar point should bring back Berenstein Bear land and take out that crappy Snoopy Land,Everyone Loves Berenstein Bears, They could have marketed a whole new series to the next generation of kids. Bring Back Berenstien Bear Land Yo!

-------------
Sex or riding a Coaster?

Im going with the Coaster!!!!
+0Link
CPcyclone
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 9:54 AM
while I like that CP brought snoopy to the park, I don't think they should have canned the berenstein Bears. They could have lived together in harmony...
+0Link
ToddConstantine
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 10:14 AM
Yeah, even though I do like Snoopy, I think they should have kept Berenstein Bears. They should have kept it where the Snoopy store is now.

-------------
Disaster Transport is exactly that - a disaster of a ride. - KMAN
+0Link
Elroy
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 10:47 AM
But with out Camp Snoopy, Cedar Point would not have the worlds tallest kiddy coaster.
+0Link
Jeff
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 4:44 PM
Jeff's avatar Show a picture of the bears and Peanuts and ask him which one he knows.

Case closed.

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Admin - CoasterBuzz.com
+0Link
Dustijn Hollon
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 4:54 PM
Berenstein who?

Face it, you can market the Peanuts, Berenstein Bears are just pretty much a dud.

Oh and FYI it's CAMP SNOOPY and Berenstein Bear Country, not Berenstein Bear Land and Snoopy Land.

-----MAMBA-----
Better than SF
---------------
+0Link
T-Wolf
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 5:42 PM
My vote is for snoopy!!!!
Even though the great Charles Schultz(MHRIP) Has has passed away the Peanuts gang are deffinately alot more identifiable than the Berenstein Bears.
Especially with the generation wich is growing up now. I mean when is the last time a bears special has been on TV its been awhile. And i am pretty sure we see the great pumpkin on every year.

-------------
#1 Steel-Incredible Hulk
#1 Wood--Timber Wolf
+0Link
RandyHutchinson
Wednesday, January 3, 2001 5:45 PM
While CP might have canned Bearenstein Bear Country Cedar Fair hasn't with a Beresnstein Bear Country in operation at Valleyfair! and a Camp Snoopy approximately 15 min away.

-------------
Randy Hutchinson
You build it, I'll ride it
+0Link
Dustijn Hollon
Thursday, January 4, 2001 10:27 AM
Give it a year, I gurantee it.
There are some main reasons why I believe this will happen...

#1 Smart Business move
a. own the exclusive rights to Peanuts in the USA
b. Peanuts are more recognizable than the bears
c. no more paying loyalties to the Berensteins for the bears usage in the parks

#2 Following in order
IMHO CF:LP is going in the order of importance of the parks. Notice how Dorney got it, then WOF, and who is left...oh yeah VF!

#3 Cause I said so

Dustijn

---------WILDFIRE----------
2001 looks to be a scorcher
----------------------------
+0Link
brattykid
Friday, January 5, 2001 10:59 AM
Dustijn, in order of importance? Excuse me?

I believe the only reason Valleyfair still has the Berenstein Bear Country is because we have Camp Snoopy 15 minutes away. I suppose they will sometime change it to make it more uniform among all their parks then...and since this is the area that Charles Schulz grew up in and where he started his cartoon, I'm assuming that it will happen sometime soon in order to "please" the masses of Peanuts lovers here.

Does anybody besides me remember when there wasn't a Berenstein Bear Country at Valleyfair? I can't remember what it was before but I know that it hasn't been the bears for the whole time.

Personally, while I like the bears, they definately don't have the same appeal as they did back in the 80's.
-------------
Been there. Done that. Doin' it again.
+0Link
raptorfan00
Friday, January 5, 2001 3:31 PM
CAMP SNOOPY. Peanuts are the greatest comic charecters. Charlie Brown, Linus, Snoopy, etc... Berenstein bears are just a dud. They couldn't market any products besides a bear. They wouldn't make money. But with Peanuts they have all the charecters.
+0Link
Dustijn Hollon
Friday, January 5, 2001 3:59 PM
brattykid said:
"Dustijn, in order of importance? Excuse me?"

I will back this up by pointing out this.

It took 4 years before a major attraction was added at the park. 96-WildThing 00-Power Tower

*IMHO Mad Mouse really wasn't that major*

Since 1996 VF! has received maybe 3 rides.
-Chaos, MadMouse, PowerTower

Compare that to the other parks and that is LOW

It has the least amount of occupied space of all the parks (with the only exception being possibly KBF)

Last of the smaller CF:LP parks to get an updated website. DP->WOF->VF

ONLY CF:LP park not to bring home at least ONE Golden Ticket Award

and the list goes on...
I'm not saying that the park is bad, I'm just pointing out that the park isn't considered all that important. Honestly who is it's competition?
There is none. The people that go to the park are locals, I highly doubt people from outside the area make special trips there.

But that just MHO.
-D

-----------WILDFIRE--------------
Scorching the Competition in 2001
---------------------------------
+0Link
Andrew
Friday, January 5, 2001 4:46 PM
I say keep Berenstein Bear Land and Camp Snoopy. Camp Snoopy is the area in the back of the park when Berenstein Bears were in the front.
-------------
Ride with full FORCE
+0Link
Dutchman
Friday, January 5, 2001 7:14 PM
Hey, Jeff said it all. It's about product recognition,marketabilty,and merchandising, in other words, MONEY!
+0Link
RandyHutchinson
Friday, January 5, 2001 8:08 PM
To vouch for Valleyfair!

Versus Inividual posts on same site as above around 2004 where neither got autocorrected to -stein:

coasterbuzz.com...://coasterbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/valleyfair-announces-new-attraction-ride-for-2004at-happened-to-the

Oh, you've brought back many memories. I've gone to CP every year since my youth (except for 1995).
I loved the Earthquake ride more than the Pirate ride and was sad to see it be replaced with Berenstain Bear Country.

coasterbuzz.com...

Valleyfair will replace Berenstain Bear Country with two new attractions for 2004. The $1.35 million face-lift will be anchored by the Foam Ball Factory, a multi-level foam ball attraction, and a Zamperla Rockin’ Tug.

And why'd NSA take down their Educational Instructor PDF (not usually autocorrected at all!) that refers to Berenstein 2 times?

www.nsa.gov...

United States National Security Agency
Title: Geo-Room Design. Brief Overview: The teacher will read the book The Berenstein Bears' New Neighbors by Stan and Jan Berenstein.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
So spelling on an Internet forum is proof to you? Your group continues to embarrass yourselves.

You have a bad memory, get over it.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Continuing discussion:

www.docdroid.net...

Teacher's Instruction Guide PDF prepared by 2 DC-area teachers, from National Security Administration's website itself.. Spelled Berenstein correctly 7 times!

edit on 27-9-2015 by Milah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join