It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Don't you mean incorrectly? What aren't you understanding about auto correct?

a reply to: Milah

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The argument that even instruction manual PDFs hosted at NSA website were 'autocorrected' and distributed without human proofreading - in this case two TEACHERS - is preposterous.

www.docdroid.net...

^Teacher's Instruction Guide PDF prepared by 2 teachers, from National Security Administration's website itself.. Spelled Berenstein correctly 7 times!

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i think i travel when i dream.. please contact me via Steam. globbyshirs. you the first person ive seen mention this..this topic scares me a bit.. so private is needed.
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

That was one of the first possibilities which occurred to me, but personally I just don't think that the beings within this universe would be able to alter reality, like rewriting a novel. I'm not religious but I do believe in a creator God, and I think only that power could alter reality (or allow it to be altered.) Personally, I feel that this change in reality means something. If it was a mistake, then I'd be inclined to consider the 'glitch in the matrix' theory.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

You mention that we were used to mine gold. I remember that being explained by one of Michael Tsarion's lectures. Is that where you got this from? Just curious.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Is this you in the video, Milah?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
When did you start reading this thread? We discussed teachers spelling it wrong even when they have the book picture in course material. Teachers aren't infallible. You have a bad memory.

edit on 28-9-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The argument that even Teachers spelled it wrong in their instruction materials hosted at NSA website to me will obviously remain preposterous; I'm moving on to ponder: how in the world it survived the apparently otherwise universal 'rewrite' (just like the coasterbuzz forum discussion also did)

web.archive.org...://www.nsa.gov/academia/_files/collected_learning/elementary/geometry/geo-room_design.pdf
www.docdroid.net...

Spelled Berenstein correctly 7 times! on the above PDF furnished by the National Security Administration;

one would think the Government would be paying attention to spelling of their distributed educational media, no?

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You keep linking the same thing over and over yet it proves nothing. You refusing to accept a teacher didn't just let spell check fix something is what is preposterous.

Confirmation Bias

In psychology and cognitive science, confirmation bias (or confirmatory bias) is a tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions, leading to statistical errors.

You have a bad memory.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

it's best not to reply to certain kinds of posters here milah.

some refuse to believe anything other than what fits their viewpoint and beliefs.

that's fine in my opinion.

but to continually refuse to prove any of their claims as compared to proof offered in this thread makes me doubt the authenticity of their forum presence.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

What claims have I not proven?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You keep stating over and over that it was the teachers, our memory, this and that.

People find evidence of books on google and amazon.

You have nothing but the admission of a family member and books of which we are not denying the existence of.

Your evidence is floppy, misleading, and in conclusion is reliant on one key logical fallacy.

Divine fallacy.
'I cannot possibly imagine how it could be false, therefore it's true.'
You, not having any experience with this matter, rely on the judgement and personal, fallible admissions of others to form your opinion.

You have nothing to disprove our claims anymore than you have something to prove your claims.

Come back when you can disprove the claim that there was a merging of Universes in which one contained stein, and one contained stain. ;^)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
You misunderstand divine fallacy. I'm not surprised.

I've made no claims, you have. The burden is not for me to disprove your claims but for you to prove them.

All physical evidence proves you wrong. Even scientific theory about multiple universes proves you wrong.

a reply to: thisguy27

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
To recap, a lot of the common changes that most people with alternate timeline memories seem to agree with are:

"Berenstein Bears," not Berenstain
"Sex in the City," not and the City.
"Mirror Mirror on the wall," not Magic Mirror
"Interview with a Vampire," not the Vampire
"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood," not this neighborhood.

There are various others, but these seem to be the most commonly remembered (that people feel the most certain of at least.) What's interesting too is that many of the current wordings don't even make sense. "Interview with the Vampire" is a horrible title. Who says, "Want to take a walk in this park" or "on this street?" No one. All these changes ruin the fluent quality of how they were originally written or spelled/pronounced, which is partly why they stand out so much.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I can agree on all of those. It's pretty interesting how some of the naysayers are so interested. All the threads I find absurd I simply unsubscribe and move on. To each their own I guess.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Exactly. I just move on too from what I don't agree with or understand until I find something I like.

Sometimes I might strongly disagree, or even enter a debate, but I will listen to the other side and discuss it as a debate, not hammer on and on with the same points. My time is much better spent doing something constructive.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Points which are intentionally ignored.

a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

No, psychical evidence doesn't prove me wrong. There are books out there that have stein on them.
Scientific theory does not prove me wrong.

We have provided the evidence, and reasoning behind our claim.
You have rebutted nothing.

You simply point to this and that as proof that stein posters are wrong without actually doing anything yourself.
Where are your facts and psychical evidence?
Post it right now, or you're just using various logical fallacies to fill in a missing hole in your argument.
T&C prevents me from saying what I want to say, but I've been watching your posting style for more than a few months.

You like to come into threads, provide a general consensus fallacy and then fly off to the next thread.
The amount of logical fallacies and COINTEL strategies you have used is astounding.
The NSA disinfo agent was put onto your name in jest, but it fits in more than one way.

Even if you don't actually have an agenda, you are no better than those who do because you deny ignorance while spouting that anyone that doesn't agree with your viewpoint is wrong.

@Lonecloudhopper

The more that holes in the matrix appear, the more that agents and brainwashed programs come to light.
First, they'll claim that it's all bull#.
Then multiple posters will come in claiming bull#.
Even if 500 of the posters in a thread all agree on one thing, one poster will come along and say "that's wrong because I say so" and then he'll convince others to join his opinion.

It's sickening and frankly I've had enough.
That is why I created this thread.

To show the lurkers that someone cares about this topic waaaaaay too much and continually revisits it to say how wrong the topic is while still not posting evidence.
It was posted 100 pages back, I'm not looking through hundreds of posts to find it.
If it is so irrefutable, then there should be no problem in contuinally finding direct evidence proving that we aren't in a different Universe by means of a cosmic accident.

Disprove that raymundoko.
Disprove conclusively we are not part of a cosmic accident.
Don't go using psuedo-science either, it makes your position look even weaker.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You are all suggesting to each other that it was spelled differently

Power of suggestion

I can't believe this thread is still going

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OhOkYeah
You are all suggesting to each other that it was spelled differently

Power of suggestion

I can't believe this thread is still going

Power of suggestion? OMG, no it is not! Where Berentsein can be pronounced either like steen or stine, there is no disputing Berenstain which is easy to pronounce. We even remember wondering how to pronounce it! If it was Berenstain, there would be no wondering at all. Also as we have pointed out in many posts, if we had known it as Berenstain, we as children would have definitely made fun of the stain part.

Other clear memories are the mirror mirror on the wall, it's a beautiful day in THE neighborhood etc. We heard it and sung it so many times, over and over and over. There are no doubts, there is no power of suggestion. I don't know what the answer is. I'm not even sure what theory to go with, but something is very, very strange.

It would be so much easier for us all to say well, maybe it was a faulty memory so that we wouldn't sound so weird and be put down by others, but we are obviously sticking with our beliefs and voicing them in here.

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join