It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 98
<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
His character has an IQ of 75 and you're saying he should have known better?

The thing is, smart people can spot other smart people in just a couple sentences or writing and/or spoken words. LoneCloudHopper2, now it shows that he's probably smarter than the average owl.

Even through writing is one of lowest skills compared to everything else I can do, the way i've been debating depicts that I'm far from stupid but you are probably not smart enough to notice that. In fact, you've been debating on the idea that I would be bad in grammar based on one sentence, that you fabricated in your own little universe in your head.

Your insults are pathetic, I'm close to double the IQ you think I have and frankly, I don't really care about what you think about me because you have shown absolutly no signs of even average intelligence.

Mirror, mirror, tell me where I can find an interview with a Berenstein!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Nobody said you were stupid. I said you were bad at grammar and spelling, neither of which are indicative of how smart you are, just how educated you are. Surely you see how that ties in directly to the things you think you remember perfectly...

Let's look at your posts concerning the title.

Of course it's Interview with A vampire, I remember it clear as day and it's always been that way...there are more than one vampires in the story so it just can't be THE vampire!

Even if there is just one interviewed, we wouldn't say THE.

Because frankly, it makes much more sense for the book and movie to be called "Interview with A Vampire" because there is more than one vampire in that universe. Even if the original book had a THE in it, it still wouldn't change the fact that the title makes more sense with an A.

I know what the f^&*$%$ means Interview with a vampire AND Interview with THE F%#$^ING VAMPIRE MEANS. Everyone knows the damn difference, it's not like you have this out-of-this world grammar skills and you are teaching me something.

In each of the instances you show a complete lack of grammar. You don't understand what a Namesake or Title Drop is and you don't understand how the title of the book references the subject who is the titular character. Your ignorance of proper grammar has you convinced A is the only word that works in this title, when in fact the proper word was used which is THE. You also claimed the only thing you were debating was that the title of the book was never "interview with the vampire louis de pointe du lac" when that was never even claimed in this thread. That was never the title. I discussed a biography, and listed it by name where this was talked about. You then rigged a google search with completely wrong information either out of dishonesty or fabricated stupidity which was a huge tell: You'd rather lie to yourself (and others it seems) or bury your head in the sand then admit you are mistaken.

So my assessment of your bad grammar isn't just based on one post. It is based on your repeated assertions that THE does not work in the title of Interview With The Vampire.

Considering your bad memories seem to be centered around how you think things should have been worded then we must take into account your misunderstanding of these specific points of language.
edit on 25-9-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

By the way guys, I think the

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, Who is the fairest of them all that is now "Magic Mirror" is a bigger story.

Agreed! And mister rogers neighborhood.. wasn't that recorded every day like for decades? Now EVERY recording of his show has been 'changed' to THIS neighborhood!

I'm starting to think holographic universes... or like our 'reality' is on (a) server(s).. and easily editable/moveable apparently! *MATRIX*

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here are some science based articles the timeline shift people should read:

How False Memories Form

Researcher Show How False Memories Are Formed

Formation of False Memories

The science is there to explain this, and it also explains how the same false memories can be shared by MANY people.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Your ignorance of proper grammar has you convinced A is the only word that works in this title, when in fact the proper word was used which is THE.

Oh really, I think you have a reading disability at this point.

Because frankly, it makes much more sense for the book and movie to be called "Interview with A Vampire" because there is more than one vampire in that universe. Even if the original book had a THE in it, it still wouldn't change the fact that the title makes more sense with an A.

What don't you understand in "it makes more sense"? Doesn't that imply that I know that THE would also be acceptable?
It clearly does and you are the worst debater ever.

The only mistake I may have did is with Pointe du Lac, because I live a couple miles from a city that's called Pointe-du-Lac and I wouldn't have been surprised if an English writter would of gotten that wrong. So I wasn't dishonest at all.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

No, A isn't even an option. That's what you aren't getting.

The title is a Name Drop/Namesake referencing the primary character. This makes the title a definite article. If the title was referencing vampires or a vampire indirectly then A would be required as A is an indefinite article. So since we can positively determine that the title of the book is a definite article, only THE is allowed since it is referencing the titular character Louis.

The title is not referencing WHAT was interviewed (a vampire) but WHO was interviewed (THE vampire).

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko
And you still have brought no proof about that "Interview with the vampire Louis of Pointe du Lac" fabulation.

Your whoooole argument is based on that notion which doesn't exist.

There is nothing "I'm not getting".

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

What? Are you confused about what is being discussed? I gave you the name of the biography about Ann Rice where the naming of the Interview was discussed. You seem to think I claimed that was the original name, when I have stated several times it was NEVER the original name, just what the name *could* have been but it didn't make the best title. It made the title more mysterious.

You are falling back to a red herring to mask your failure to comprehend the discussion since you have completely failed to understand what a definite article is. Grammar is the key to understanding the title of the book.

A does not fit no matter how much you think it seems to be the better fit. THE is the word that fits in the title.
edit on 25-9-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Many is one thing. Majority a whole other.

Looking forward to poll results over the years to come, especially on Berenstein Bears and Mirror Mirror, as they'd both make good Jeopardy questions; should be fair game to bring up in a 'normal' everyday conversation.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You seem to think I claimed that was the original name, when I have stated several times it was NEVER the original name, just what the name *could* have been but it didn't make the best title.

Not at all, I've understood the first time you talked about it that it could of been the title but it was changed.

You are falling back to a red herring to mask your failure to comprehend the discussion since you have completely failed to understand what a definite article is. Grammar is the key to understanding the title of the book.

There is absolutely nothing grammatically hard to comprehend at all since the start! Can't you deduct from the decent enough quality of my writing that I would naturally understand the difference THE and A makes in the title?

A does not fit no matter how much you think it seems to be the better fit. THE is the word that fits in the title.

That's your opinion which I don't share and who cares? I prefer "Interview with a Vampire" and you prefer "Interview with the Vampire". You like tomatoe and I like tomato.

Also, you still haven't came up with proof about "Interview with the vampire Louis of Pointe du Lac" being a title that could have been.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It's not my opinion, it's the rules of grammar relating to an article...

You're arguing that the sky is yellow and that me thinking the sky is blue is only my opinion...one of us is colorblind.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
Google search, minus "Berenstain": 1 730 000 results
www.google.no...=berenstein+bears+-berenstain

I posted this link on page 87. When I now Google for "Berenstein Bears -Berenstain" I only get 89 500 results. If I take out the word "Bears" I still only get 528 000 results. That's pretty damn weird because it wasn't posted that long ago...

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

To me, the way he sings "It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood" sounds odd. The word "this" is spoken so briefly that it feels slipped in, because it doesn't go with the rest of the line. It's melodic when sung: "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood." Replacing "the" with "this" not only contrasts my clear memory of how it was, but it just doesn't flow melodically as a lyrical line. The only way it can work with the former flow of the song, when sung, is if it's said very briefly (which it currently is.) "The" is such a word that it's easily spoken and doesn't require careful pronunciation, but "this" is a stronger word which demands more emphasis on the word. It's awkward in its writing and the way it would have been sung would have changed its flow. It's odd he still sings it the same exact way, just subtly murmuring "this" instead of "the" (the latter being a word which would normally be murmured when sung or spoken.)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I've been wondering this whole time if you we're just trolling or playing a role. I'm sorry that I've called you stupid because I don't think it's the problem you are facing. Also, I'm not saying you're wrong in what you believe in but...

I'm not an expert but there's something desperate in your holding on to this debate on and on and on and now I see it clearly that you are projecting your emotions unto me.

Here, I'll save you a lot of money and say it to you.

You suffer from Psychological Projection

I know you won't take it now and I'm sorry if it makes you mad(that's probably the first emotion I would have too) but I hope in the long run you get to become a better you, for others and yourself.

I'm totally open to agree to disagree and move on and I'm sorry again for any negative emotions I might have given you.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
You mad bro?

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Grammar doesn't hold up at all with 'NOBODY DOESN'T Like Sara Lee' especially when one considers back in the 60s and 70s 'nobody' would want their kids going around spewing double-negative sentences. And yet the 60's and 70's commercials and even some new ones aactually start off with 'Everybody doesn't like something.." to now 'justify' the double-negative that kids will easily remember and go around blabbering gibberish like 'aint nobody never like nothin' and the like

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

To me, the way he sings "It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood" sounds odd. The word "this" is spoken so briefly that it feels slipped in, because it doesn't go with the rest of the line. It's melodic when sung: "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood." Replacing "the" with "this" not only contrasts my clear memory of how it was, but it just doesn't flow melodically as a lyrical line. The only way it can work with the former flow of the song, when sung, is if it's said very briefly (which it currently is.) "The" is such a word that it's easily spoken and doesn't require careful pronunciation, but "this" is a stronger word which demands more emphasis on the word. It's awkward in its writing and the way it would have been sung would have changed its flow. It's odd he still sings it the same exact way, just subtly murmuring "this" instead of "the" (the latter being a word which would normally be murmured when sung or spoken.)

Definitely slipped in. Can't picture THIS being the word of choice for that song in any quadrant/timeline/dimension!

'this' is already used elsewhere (ie let's make the most of THIS beautiful day). the original had a decent balance between the and this... whilst the new reality version just keeps saying THIS THIS THIS

Nobody would walk in or out of their own house and comment it's a beautiful day in THIS neighborhood..

Unless they're ALIEN

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It's always started of with "Everyone Doesn't Like Something"...

I used to think it was "Nobody Does It Like Sara Lee" for yeeeaasrrrsss. I was wrong.

I'm not going to blame that on merging timelines.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Okay, so... here is part of my day...
I spent the day rearranging things in storage. I ran across boxes of books from my childhood.
Now, these books have not been out in the open for maybe 10-12 years or more.
One of the books I discovered was this:

Now... when I ran across this book it "hit me like a ton of bricks". I REMEMBER IT BEING BERENSTEIN!!!!! WTF!!!!!
Why? Well, because I was one of the masses who was certain that I remembered the author's/characters names being "Berenstein".
However, when I saw this book, I realized that I MUST have been wrong.
The realization gave me a sinking feeling in my stomach.

I brought the book home and asked my youngest daughter, who was sitting at the table, if she remembered a book we read when she was young "about the bear family".
She said yes, it was a mom, dad, and two bear cubs.
I asked if she remembered their names.
She said "yes, it was Berensteen". (I spelled it the way she spoke it.)
Anyway, I showed her the book with the author's names and said "what do you think of that?".
She stated that she felt she had been lied to.
She said that her teachers grade 1-3 grade had lied...as well as me.
She said she specifically remembers me saying "Berenstein" (Berensteen).
She says the "Illuminati" is in on it (?). Not sure where THAT comes from...

Strange, weird, and real all rolled into one!

It is wild when you realize that you were wrong your whole life and masses of people were wrong also...and it is trips you out so much that you just KNOW there is a conspiracy about the names of a "bear book" but, have no earthly idea WHY? there would be such a conspiracy....

It's too much, really, too much...

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
What would be interesting if something introduced by the FDA in the late 70's early 80's is now showing it's effects on people's memory.

Each one of us are constantly slipping into a different timeline every split second of our lives, this is how physics and reality work at the quantum atomic level.

Now if somehow things from the past have all of a sudden changed like magic, then that reminds me of Back 2 the Future, or anytime time travel movie. Or even the Simpson's Halloween episode where Homer goes back to the pre-historic era and steps on a twig and comes back to the present and everyone has 1 eye (or whatever it was).

But we know due to the grandfather paradox this is not how time travel works.

I really think it has to do with being a child and pronouncing things wrong because you want to say things that makes it easier for you annunciate. Parents sometimes end up doing this too while talking with their children.

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Berenstein Bears

Beautiful day in this neighborhood

Luke I am your father

Mirror mirror on the wall

If you build it they will come

Life is like a box of chocolates

And to really rub 'reality' in, apparently, even..

Rod Sterling! *SCREAMMMMM*

Again, it seems to be alot about anglicizing Jewish/German surnames, and then possibly also about copywright uniqueness.

I understand some/many people out there HAVE atypical surname variants, but the above did not originally in my experience.

Not listing Barbara Streisand because apparently, like alot of actors/tresses, she actually did it legally (just to Barbra?) and it didnt just change overnight without a trace.

The Berenstein books' anomaly should serve as a reminder as to what other books are now different or going to be!

Don't understand how some people forget that these weren't just books that we read but books we LEARNED TO READ from.

And nowadays, I hear the BerenstAin books and BIBLE STORYBOOKs are read WORLD OVER in dozens of languages?

These books are not as meaningful now that they have been altered.

Same goes for current circulation of the Bible WORLD OVER. Unless God would someone prevent THAT book from being altered

There was a book and movie about a society in which books were forbidden. What was its name? There ought to be a remake which takes into account other media like TV & the WWW.

top topics

<< 95  96  97    99  100  101 >>

join