It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra

What this is, is that some of us remember, quite vividly, a number of details differently than they are. A lot of it is over the "Berenstein Bears." I know beyond any doubt, that for me, it was spelled and pronounced that way. So do many other people. We're not talking about an "I think I remember..." or an "I could have sworn..." kind of memory, it's an "I KNOW!" kind of memory. You know what your home looks like. You know the vehicle you last drove. You know who parented you as a child. You know also certain details of personal significance as well. No one could ever convince you otherwise, because you know. The same is true for us. It's not a matter of faulty memories, it's an undeniable memory of things being different than they are.

The thing is, we can't prove it, because it's only memory that proves (to us) how things used to be. The best evidence is really that so many people are remembering the same precise things to be different roughly around the same time. But we know how crazy it sounds to be absolute about it and how easily written off it is by skeptics, so we don't bother much with that. We're simply meeting others in the same boat, discussing how weird it is and trying to figure out why it is.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You realize reinforcing the false memory makes it more real and vivid? Each time you think about it your brain "corrects" another memory.

a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

lol The memories began when I was little. I remember getting older and going back and reading my "Berenstein Bears" books for sentimental reasons, and so forth. At no point was it "-stain" to my knowing until recently.

But this starts us going in circles again, doesn't it

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I remember it as Stein as well.

Also, I have distinct memories that Daylight savings time ended sometime in mid-September when I was a kid. I'm 46. Now it is in November. I do know that when I search about it I find that it officially was changed in 2005 but sources say it was changed from October to November with no mentioned of it ever being in September.
I recently mentioned this to someone and they agreed that they thought it was once in September as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Depersonalization, huh? Didn't know there was a term for it. I've always called it that feeling that I just ain't in the right dimension/universe/whatever the heck you want to call it. I guess I'm not the only one who has felt this, seeing as there's a term for it. Happens quite a bit where all of a sudden everything just seems unreal.

Learn something new everyday, huh? Even if it means nothing it's still a interesting tidbit.

Probably goes without saying that I'm in the Steiner camp but I'll say it anyway, just for the record. That also means nothing but at least it's on topic.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CitizenJack

what about Toledo, never heard anything relating to the Mandella effect about it

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This thread contains people who Recently in their adult life read the books to their children and didn't notice until this thread made them think about it. It's funny how the human brain works.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
incidently i found my old book from when i was a kid, its -stain too. i cant tell when it was actually printed, prolly sometime in the 70's. its also incredibly bland and boring. do not recommend.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have to be honest, none of these other Mandela effect anomalies resonate with me, Halley's comet, magic mirror, something about a neighbourhood (I'm not American), but, god, I would have put money on it being Berenstein.
And no one can prove bugger all.
And I wasn't a child when I first came across one of the books, I think I bought one for my oldest daughter.
Also, I'm sure I would have remember a weird spelling like stain, being a bit of a grammar Nazi.
It's a very odd.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Thoughts and evidence on the "BerenstEin Bears" spelling, over time.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Misspellings don't prove anything. Look at an article posted earlier in the thread from the 80's. The paper had a picture of the berenstain cover and still spelled the name wrong. People do that today. Looking for misspellings is a logical fallacy but it does show why so many people may have the false memory.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
JFYI, I have already explained to the individual above that this subject cannot be proven. We just go in loops, so there is no point in responding.

It's just fun to look through the evidence and try to make sense of this crazy phenomenon we've experienced here.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Sooooo.

I'm going to assume that you stainers going to say this is photoshopped.

This is friggin psychical evidence that BearenstEIN bears existed.

Post YOUR evidence DISPROVING it or fly away to another thread, oh stain supporters.
"well I read that somewhere that sometimes we misremember things"
NO
MORE

Post evidence or you're contributing to ignorance and in turn shall be ignored.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

Fake....original photo here

The guy's site that explains why he did it

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Like I said, we only have our memories to prove it (to us.) The physical world has changed (for us.)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

That IS a Photoshop that made the internet rounds to raise awareness for Alzheimers.

This is now the umpteenth time you have asked me to provide evidence. I have linked several scientific papers on how memories work in this thread. Please go through my post history and put some effort in. You have zero evidence to support you. All the physical and scientific evidence agrees with my view.
edit on 20-10-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I don't know what you're trying to prove anymore raymund.
seriously. How would anyone know if this guy was telling the truth other than his personal word? Why do you put so much blind faith in everyone else to be truthful about something that they really shouldn't be truthful about.

It's over. This thread has been seen by too many people.
They also say the moon landings were real and there's lots of scientific data.
But then you start seeing things that disprove certain aspects. On this site alone, I have seen photos of movie sets in zero gravity simulators.

Reality is reliant on the perception of the individual actor. What I see as light red might be different to someone that is color blind.

Consider this. In this universe, there are certain particles that exhibit completely random trajectories until viewed by human eyes.
This is a fake universe.
With fake memories continually revived until everyone was convinced it was reality.
People at my work know them as Bearenstein Bears. Publishing Clearing house has published books with the e.

You have evidence to disprove it, we have evidence to prove that something is amiss.
You try to disprove it and then start attacking the person behind the argument instead of the argument.

And I guess TV guide is wrong too?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Good guess.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguy27

Consider this. In this universe, there are certain particles that exhibit completely random trajectories until viewed by human eyes.
This is a fake universe.
With fake memories continually revived until everyone was convinced it was reality.

This is something I've been contemplating lately. Everyone of course should know by now that this reality is an illusion, but what of our experiences, our memories and the past itself? Those of us who have experienced the Mandela Effect know that reality can change. The question for us is: how or why? It is possible that the Creator (or creative forces) behind this 'physical' reality are continually developing this reality. Many people assume that either God created us, here we are, or BOOM! the Universe is created, expands and all life naturally grows into being. What if it never was fully created? You could imagine this as a creative project you're involved with. You create life and it grows, forming a community. You build a paper-mâché mound, forming it into little dwellings they can live in. You add trees and so forth. The little creatures grow larger and more sophisticated and this experiment becomes more interesting. You'd most likely change your mind on things, making a better village for them to live in, with more for them to do, and so forth.

It's possible that that's what happens in our reality. Numerous adjustments are made, to present and future, as our reality continually expands. For all we know this world was once a small island which grew into a continent, into a whole world, that world broke apart to give it more character, and so forth. Maybe we picked up mostly on changes in wordings because we are more apt to remember if "feud" becomes "fude" because we focus on those sorts of details. Perhaps the Creator (or whatever) overlooks such seemingly irrelevant changes, overlooking how easily we can pick up on them.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguy27
a reply to: raymundokoI don't know what you're trying to prove anymore raymund.
seriously. How would anyone know if this guy was telling the truth other than his personal word? Why do you put so much blind faith in everyone else to be truthful about something that they really shouldn't be truthful about.

That didn't even make any sense...what exactly am I lying about? Who have I put blind faith in? Your logic is flawed.

It's over. This thread has been seen by too many people.
They also say the moon landings were real and there's lots of scientific data.
But then you start seeing things that disprove certain aspects. On this site alone, I have seen photos of movie sets in zero gravity simulators.

Nothing disproves the moon landing...it seems you fall for Photoshop pranks a lot though so I can see why you may be confused.

Reality is reliant on the perception of the individual actor. What I see as light red might be different to someone that is color blind.

And the color blind person is wrong. Surely you see your error in this analogy?

If you are referring to the double slit experiment I think you are confused. Human eyes had nothing to do with it as humans can't actually see anything. They used electronic measuring equipment. It is a logical fallacy for you to jump to the conclusion that since we don't fully understand quantum mechanics that this reality is fake. Quantum mechanics happens to be the most successful branch of science as far as making advances goes in the recent decades.

This is a fake universe.
People at my work know them as Bearenstein Bears. Publishing Clearing house has published books with the e.

The books were NEVER published with an E. You are 100% wrong.

You have evidence to disprove it

I know...

we have evidence to prove that something is amiss.

Where?

You try to disprove it and then start attacking the person behind the argument instead of the argument.

Where have I attacked a person? Pointing out gaping flaws in logic is not attacking anyone.

That isn't TV Guide. It is a local paper that got it wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105 >>

join