It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
Again, how do you explain people who've never seen the book and say Berenstein when they are looking at the book? Or pronounce it wrong with the book in front of them?

a reply to: BerenstEiner

That's obviously 'spontaneous false memory implantation'. Maybe HAARP will be blamed, even long after it's dismantled.

ETA: Context

You have ignored my personal theory of 'implanted mistaken memories' (experimentation on the masses)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Nice!

The Bastitches are just messing with us at this point...

THE IRONY!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Again, how do you explain people who've never seen the book and say Berenstein when they are looking at the book? Or pronounce it wrong with the book in front of them?

People that never seen the book have no say in this debate.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Ray you're a disinfo agent located at the NSA HQ.

Why should we trust you?

And by any chance do you have any marshmellows?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

(Tossing some MarshMellows at MagicWand67)
There ya go!!! LOL!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

THE IRONY!!!

That reminds me of something I thought about earlier. Those that push the implanted false memory angle (as if that would validate the claims that it really was spelled stein) cast reasonable doubt on all... UFO sightings for example.

I guess I need to add that to the was it real or was it a dream possibilities for what I saw.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

That's universe "e" stuff? What happened to Jacy that grew up in universe "a"?

I would assume she is in universe "e" typing on a thread on ETS about why the heck it's spelled BerenstEin, lol...
Oh, and you're over there assuring her it always has been.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner

Did you read his post? People that misspell or mispronounce it when they are looking at the book. That says a lot about this debate.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Did you read his post? People that misspell or mispronounce it when they are looking at the book. That says a lot about this debate.

Thats a pronounciation on the spot. Not a memory from the past.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

I would assume she is in universe "e" typing on a thread on ETS about why the heck it's spelled BerenstEin, lol...

Go ahead and make jokes but my post there was actually a serious question about how this switcheroo stuff could work.

ETA: Very few posts have actually been about that aspect of the thread. People are still trying to justify claims that books in this universe "a" actually had stein printed on them.
edit on 27-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Wow.. this topic just tweaked my mind quite a bit. Prior to reading this thread, I would have bet good money on the fact that it was BerentEin NOT BerenstAin. I had a few of those books growing up and I actually distinctly remember having a debate with a friend way back when on how it was spelled.. whether it was 'stein' or 'stien' and my friend using the whole "I before E.." argument. It being spelled 'stAin' never even entered into the equation at the time.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Thats a pronounciation on the spot. Not a memory from the past.

If they misspell and/or mispronounce the name WHILE LOOKING AT THE BOOK will time correct their memory?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Except after c. I think it still applies in this universe.

Have to admit though, i before e except after c is a weird rule.

...I know, right? And then there's even another tricky part. Here's the whole rhyme I learned in elementary school:

I before E
except after C
or when sounding like A
as in "neighbor" and "weigh"

Geez, there's that "a" cropping up again complicating the balance of the universe!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

I am actually floored that it is spelled marshMALLOW...I've never purchased them in my life...but I ate them as a kid, so until today I would have spelled it marshMELLOW as that is how it was pronounced growing up...I still pronounce it that way.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Oh, well that does sound a lot better. I was just thinking that a world without a man that promoted peace such as Mr. Mandela, and that would have violently squished a man would be worse off, in the long run. Hearing that, though, makes me slightly sad.
ETA: 'I before E
except after C
or when sounding like A
as in "neighbor" and "weigh"'
Out of curiosity, Steiners and Stainers alike, how did you pronounce it? I pronounced stein as 'steen' even though its 'Styne' but it shouldn't it phonetically sound like stain anyway? Such as the aforementioned 'neighbor' and 'weigh'? Maybe that has something to do with this all? Or, maybe it doesn't. What say you all?
ETA, Again: to answer your question, upon googling 'Andrew Zimmerman' and 'Andrew Zimmern', the same guy shows up. I assumed, that because I also remember it being zimmerman, that he changed his name between when I last heard of him and now, and took your listing of that to be a joke, to lighten up your post.

edit on 27-6-2014 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-6-2014 by LucidWarrior because: grr

edit on 28-6-2014 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Except after c. I think it still applies in this universe.

Have to admit though, i before e except after c is a weird rule.

...I know, right? And then there's even another tricky part. Here's the whole rhyme I learned in elementary school:

I before E
except after C
or when sounding like A
as in "neighbor" and "weigh"

Geez, there's that "a" cropping up again complicating the balance of the universe!

Sweet. But how does that explain "weird". That's why I called it "weird". Get it? I'm having some of that daja vu here.

Anyway, I gotta go cuz Stan and Kyle are here and on Friday night we always go harsh Randy Marsh's mellow. You won't get that I guess unless you watched South Perk.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Hmm... point taken (even tho you weren't talking to me.) But your post made this idea pop into my head: Subliminal advertising. Well, not 'advertising' but something subliminal. Something that makes you think one spelling, until you really, REALLY focus on it.

But that only leads to the obvious question... Why? What would be the point.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Hmm... point taken (even tho you weren't talking to me.) But your post made this idea pop into my head: Subliminal advertising. Well, not 'advertising' but something subliminal. Something that makes you think one spelling, until you really, REALLY focus on it.

But that only leads to the obvious question... Why? What would be the point.

Hmmm, you don't work for A & E do you? That's a joke BTW. Checked my sig lately?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

On the contrary...

of 22 native English speakers who were polled in my office today, every single one of them said BerenSTEIN (pronounced STYNE) when looking directly at the cover. When I took the book away and asked them to spell it they spelled it STEIN. They had JUST seen the book.

Of those 22, 7 had never ever ever read or seen the book prior to me showing it to them. What kind of sheltered childhood they had is beyond me, but that is a 100% failure rate when looking directly at the book...Only non native English speakers got it right, and even then not all of them. Only 3 of 5 from that group got it right. The three who got it right were all Indian. One of the wrong was Ukrainian, the other was Dutch.

In case you can't figure this one out, chances are close to 100% of people who look at the book for the first time, especially those with a Latin alphabet, did the same exact thing, even 30, 40 or 50 years ago.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Go ahead and make jokes but my post there was actually a serious question about how this switcheroo stuff could work.

ETA: Very few posts have actually been about that aspect of the thread. People are still trying to justify claims that books in this universe "a" actually had stein printed on them.

Sorry, DenyO. Erase the laughy face, and really there's your answer still. Universe 'e' Jacy is here, so universe 'a' Jacy is undoubtedly in over in universe 'e' suffering confusion. (Unless she is in universe 'o' or 'u'

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join