It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

The film is virtually NOTHING like the book. This is the book (and please excuse the source) -
link

The copy I read was indeed printed as written by "Harry Adam Knight", and was pretty decent. British, so a little different culturally, but a good read. The movie was just BAD. Beyond bad. I watched it, since it was supposed to be "based on the book", but other than there being genetically engineered dinosaurs, and the title, there was NO resemblance between the two.

The book I had had that scene, though. The replacement copy doesn't. It's weird.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

a reply to: DenyObfuscation

That's universe "e" stuff? What happened to Jacy that grew up in universe "a"?

I would assume she is in universe "e" typing on a thread on ETS about why the heck it's spelled BerenstEin, lol...
Oh, and you're over there assuring her it always has been.

Go ahead and make jokes but my post there was actually a serious question about how this switcheroo stuff could work.

ETA: Very few posts have actually been about that aspect of the thread. People are still trying to justify claims that books in this universe "a" actually had stein printed on them.

Sorry, DenyO. Erase the laughy face, and really there's your answer still. Universe 'e' Jacy is here, so universe 'a' Jacy is undoubtedly in over in universe 'e' suffering confusion. (Unless she is in universe 'o' or 'u'

Why would only some switch like that? How would some switch like that?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Yeah this one is more easily explained. Oftentimes there are different cuts and edits of films floating around. A movie might have very slight and barely noticeable changes from the theater to countless home video versions to TV airings etc. It's the same with television programs that usually get altered in some way for syndication rebroadcasts and whatnot. Unlike a book's preface, most films and TV programs don't detail what changes were specifically made to the particular edit you're watching (probably because most people don't even notice.) It's frustrating!

These edits and cuts to films and television used to play havoc with my sense of reality before I realized what a common practice it was. So many times I swore I remembered a line, or a scene that had been cut; or sometimes I'd be introduced to a line or a scene I've never seen before in previous viewings. It's all just part of the magic of film though.

A good example of this is when a movie trailer contains scenes not found in the theatrical version of the movie.

That's a sensible explanation, but in this case, it doesn't apply. The movie made "from the book" was horrible, and didn't follow the story in the book AT ALL. Just bad, bad stuff. The book is where the scene was, and now isn't, from my old copy to the new one. I might concede it having been in some other book, but there aren't exactly a lot about genetically engineered dinosaurs, and I KNOW it was in that one. That's the only place I ever read about a tarbosaurus, which is what the kid saw int he book scene. It's bizarre. When The Lost World movie came out, I actually posted about it online, because I was so mad that they'd take the scene like that. After losing the old copy of the book, I can't even show it now. If I find another with the scene, I intend to scan in the relevant pages, though! Wish I had before.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner

originally posted by: raymundoko
Again, how do you explain people who've never seen the book and say Berenstein when they are looking at the book? Or pronounce it wrong with the book in front of them?

a reply to: BerenstEiner

People that never seen the book have no say in this debate.

Did you read his post? People that misspell or mispronounce it when they are looking at the book. That says a lot about this debate.

Hmm... point taken (even tho you weren't talking to me.) But your post made this idea pop into my head: Subliminal advertising. Well, not 'advertising' but something subliminal. Something that makes you think one spelling, until you really, REALLY focus on it.

But that only leads to the obvious question... Why? What would be the point.

Hmmm, you don't work for A & E do you? That's a joke BTW. Checked my sig lately?

Haha... did not read your sig at all--- unless subliminally. Freaky.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Except after c. I think it still applies in this universe.

Have to admit though, i before e except after c is a weird rule.

...I know, right? And then there's even another tricky part. Here's the whole rhyme I learned in elementary school:

I before E
except after C
or when sounding like A
as in "neighbor" and "weigh"

Geez, there's that "a" cropping up again complicating the balance of the universe!

Sweet. But how does that explain "weird". That's why I called it "weird". Get it? I'm having some of that daja vu here.

Anyway, I gotta go cuz Stan and Kyle are here and on Friday night we always go harsh Randy Marsh's mellow. You won't get that I guess unless you watched South Perk.

You are so right. Weird is weird, in that it doesn't follow that convoluted set of ei/ie rules. I never noticed that!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

a reply to: DenyObfuscation

That's universe "e" stuff? What happened to Jacy that grew up in universe "a"?

I would assume she is in universe "e" typing on a thread on ETS about why the heck it's spelled BerenstEin, lol...
Oh, and you're over there assuring her it always has been.

Go ahead and make jokes but my post there was actually a serious question about how this switcheroo stuff could work.

ETA: Very few posts have actually been about that aspect of the thread. People are still trying to justify claims that books in this universe "a" actually had stein printed on them.

Sorry, DenyO. Erase the laughy face, and really there's your answer still. Universe 'e' Jacy is here, so universe 'a' Jacy is undoubtedly in over in universe 'e' suffering confusion. (Unless she is in universe 'o' or 'u'

Why would only some switch like that? How would some switch like that?

Not sure. Some sort of electrical storm effecting the quantum entanglement of neural signals specific to this particular memory in the two Jacy's brains. (Ok, I just made that up, but I kinda like it.)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here
I like that Theory actually! Electrical storms do cause havoc,
on certain systems in the area affected by the Storm.
I've been fairly close to electrical strikes that besides scaring the crap out of me, made the hair on my arms and elsewhere, stand up! Maybe they fried parts of my brain as well and gave me some new, or different memories that I had in my head before the strike!?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

upon googling 'Andrew Zimmerman' and 'Andrew Zimmern', the same guy shows up. I assumed, that because I also remember it being zimmerman, that he changed his name between when I last heard of him and now,

Okay, I looked it up.

Episode 1 Season 1 Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.

Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern is a travel and cuisine television show hosted by Andrew Zimmern on the Travel Channel. The first season debuted on Monday, February 26, 2007 at 9pm ET/PT. Wikipedia

First 30 seconds he says his name

George Michael Zimmerman (born October 5, 1983) is an American known for fatally shooting Trayvon Martin on February 26, 2012,

I also thought maybe he changed his name because of the G. Zimmerman trial. But no, he's always pronounced it Zimmern. His show was on TV 5-6 years before the Zimmerman case.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: Boswell

I know you aren't talking to me, but I will volunteer up some of my reality for you.

Berenstein Bears

Jim Nabors died of AIDS.
Larry Hagman died twice now.
The sun used to be more yellow, now it's whiter and hotter.

Andrew Zimmern was once Andrew Zimmerman.

Okay everybody...ready...set...ATTACK!! .
jacy

Stein...no doubt.
Gomer Pyle died of AIDS.
I had an "I Shot J.R." t-shirt. Didn't know he was dead.
I have always read it 'Zimmern' but I have heard it pronounced 'Zimmerman.' Damn that guy can eat some balls.
The Sun used to be yellow. No doubt on that one.
Locked and loaded.
edit on 28-6-2014 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Not sure. Some sort of electrical storm effecting the quantum entanglement of neural signals specific to this particular memory in the two Jacy's brains. (Ok, I just made that up, but I kinda like it.)

Sorry but I can't resist.

Source

Affect
In order to understand the correct situation in which to use the word affect or effect, the first thing one must do is have a clear understanding of what each word means. The word affect means to produce a change in something.

Effect
The word effect has a different meaning. Effect is defined as a result of something or the ability to bring about a result.

Grammar Rules for Affect and Effect
Now that we have the two definitions, how do we know which word to use? Here are a few suggestions to keep in mind:

1. If you are talking about a result, then use the word "effect."

Example: What effect did the loss have on the team?
2. It is appropriate to use the word "effect" if one of these words is used immediately before the word: into, on, take, the, any, an, or and.

Example: The prescribed medication had an effect on the patient's symptoms.
Example: In analyzing a situation, it is important to take the concepts of cause and effect into consideration.
3. If you want to describe something that was caused or brought about, the right word to use is effect.

Example: The new manager effected some positive changes in the office. (This means that the new manager caused some positive changes to take place in the office.)
4. Affect can be used as a noun to describe facial expression.

Example: The young man with schizophrenia had a flat affect.
Example: The woman took the news of her husband's sudden death with little affect.
5. Affect can also be used as a verb. Use it when trying to describe influencing someone or something rather than causing it.

Example: How does the crime rate affect hiring levels by local police forces?
Example: The weather conditions will affect the number of people who come to the county fair this year.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

THE IRONY!!!

That reminds me of something I thought about earlier. Those that push the implanted false memory angle (as if that would validate the claims that it really was spelled stein) cast reasonable doubt on all... UFO sightings for example.

I guess I need to add that to the was it real or was it a dream possibilities for what I saw.

You saw them, too? You would make a good hall monitor.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
It was a black man.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I'm still sitting here flipping out because the books say Berenstain and not stein!!!!
All the Stein folks can't be wrong.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This has been bugging me for over a week now. I feel deep in meh gut, something very weird is going on. I don't believe that this many people would remember it being spelled one way and not another only to be completely wrong. I specifically remember it being spelled STEIN. The only reason I remember that is because I was an excellent speller in school and I ALWAYS looked closely at how words were spelled because I stored the words in my brain from WHAT I was seeing. Not because of how it sounded. Science has been wrong many many times before, I don't use them as my safe place for answers....

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Is this photoshopped too? Link to old newspaper

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Honestly? I don't think it is.
People (including myself) have found many newspaper clippings online with it being spelled with -ein.
I've also found websites selling books writing them that way.

edit on 28/6/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Is this photoshopped too? Link to old newspaper

No reason to think it is fake. The world is full of misspellings. Can anyone clearly read the titles in the ad?

*This is not sarcasm* -------> Did you read the first page of the thread?

originally posted by: samkam
news.google.com...,355226 Page 2

news.google.com...,3971495 Page 5

news.google.com...,2772248 Page 25

news.google.com...,1087536 Page 38

news.google.com...,3327273 Page 6-B

The third link has pictures of the books, but I cannot zoom in closely enough to read the titles.

The last link has a synopsis of "The Bears Vacation" by "Jan and Stan Berenstein"

Then someone posted this at me on page 2

Did you read the old sourcing documents posted?
There are like 6 of them posted towards the bottom of page 1, old newspapers, and they refer to the books as Berenstein.

My reply on page 2.

Do any show the actual books clearly or just misspellings from idiot ad writers?

Google Berenstein Bears

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

Sorry but I can't resist.

No, not at all! I needed that. I have always had issues with those two. I get the facial affect use, and of course: cause/effect. All others decisions of which to use is always, well, a crap-toss for me.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Hello 'steins' and 'stains'...

Well, I've always know them to be marshmallows.
I know how my mind works...if it was 'mellow'....I would have called them 'marshmellow yellows' (mellow yellow song).

I rhyme a lot. Quote songs and movies. I make up song lyrics to replace actual song lyrics.
'Play on words' is my thang, hehe.

I can remember entire song lyrics for just about any song I've ever heard.
As a switchboard operator 30 years ago, I made a lot of long distance calls. I can still remember some of the numbers I dialled frequently...all 10 digits including area code.

Sure I do forget stuff. Mostly stuff that people say. I'm not an 'auditory' learner...I'm a 'visual' learner. If I write a grocery list...and read it...it's committed to memory. If you TELL me to pick up 10 items, I will forget at least 2.
I can read a manual and follow instructions, putting something together.
If you tell me how to do it, I will end up confused.

When I say, 'misplaced implanted memories'...I am meaning that it's always been 'stain', and all of us 'stein' people have somehow been 'tweaked' to believe otherwise. Why? I dunno...social experimentation...ear tones/signals...seriously? I don't enough about it. Not even sure I believe it.
Literally grasping at straws.

The proof is in the pudding...the pudding is 'stained'. I'm not a big pudding fan anyway.

I found a 'stain' book in a consignment store yesterday. Being dramatic, I actually held the book up and said, "Out damned stain, out I say!" (I know, it's actually 'out damned spot'...it's from MacBeth). My poor confused brain can still quote Shakespeare though. "The quality of mercy is not strained....it droppeth as the gentle rain from Heaven, upon the place beneath"...

My argument has no pudding proof. There is a stain upon my heart.
There has been MUCH weirdness in my life...apparently it's not ending anytime soon.
jacy

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join