It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here
Awesome find. I clicked on the first link and saw the banner to the right of the ticket prices. It's a beautiful thing.

ETA: Another page flip so here's the link again for ease of reference The Berenstein Bears LIVE [sic]
edit on 28-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2014 by DenyObfuscation because: forgot the [sic]

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

There ya go! Right again! I hope you're keeping score of how many times you have been proven correct.
I've personally lost count of how many times I've been wrong, lol.

Interesting...there is now a thread about how facebook is conducting experiments on their users. Planting information to see emotional responses from the public. How does anyone feel about that?

Many bizarre, unexplainable things have happened in my life. Perhaps I tend to be rather open-minded about alternative theories, etc. because for me...there is much that has no rational logical explanation.

DenyObfuscation (and ray)...your participation in this thread is necessary. Here is a quote, regarding why...(from the movie Catfish).
"Vince, talking with Nev, tells a story. He says that when live cod were shipped to Asia from North America, the fish's inactivity in their tanks resulted in only mushy flesh reaching the destination, but fishermen found that putting catfish in the tanks with the cod kept them active, and thus ensured the quality of the fish. Vince talks of how there are people in everyone's lives who keep us active, always on our toes and always thinking. It is implied that he believes Angela to be such a person."
en.wikipedia.org...(film)

In essence, you and other members are the 'catfish' in this thread.

jacy

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Here is a link regarding "mind control and memory manipulation".

Memory manipulation??????????

www.activistpost.com...

jacy

edit on 28-6-2014 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jacy.

www.extremetech.com...

A quote from that site:
On the other, this means we now have the knowhow to implant memories into the brains of humans and other mammals — and by association, it probably isn’t too hard to delete specific memories as well.

Have I found something....logical?

Another site: www.rense.com...

jacy

edit on 28-6-2014 by jacygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Have I found something....logical?
Tone recognition? I don't think so, do you?

Then there's the time issue. This stuff is certainly not a logical explanation for the stein 'memories'.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I'm starting to get the impression that you only read 'what works for you' and ignore the rest.

You haven't had time to read through all the links I posted.
I have added more 'logical' links, stating that they can indeed implant wrong memories, and the last link shows that happening with Alan Alda.

But please, argue with me. It keeps me on my toes.

jacy

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

You haven't had time to read through all the links I posted.

I read the link that was in the post I replied to at the time. No need to get nasty, right?

No answer to my question in the reply though, again.

ETA: I skimmed the activistpost link. I saw optogenetics mentioned. IIRC, that involves drilling a hole in the skull but wasn't sure so I didn't even comment on that yet. It does take a lot more time to read and research than to drop an avalanche of links, no doubt. Also, I don't think your link to Rense is the first mention of Loftus in this thread either.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

My apologies.

The first link was my first search finding regarding 'memory manipulation'. I posted it to prove that my theory was indeed, more than a theory.

The extra links I added were more along the lines of what I was looking for.

Not being nasty. You aren't exactly 'warm and fuzzy' yourself.
jacy

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
Here is a link regarding "mind control and memory manipulation".

Memory manipulation??????????

www.activistpost.com...

jacy

I looked at this again and this time stopped here in the first paragraph

The mind control of the future forgoes all pretense at indirectly altering perception through media and politics, or even mind-altering drugs and environmental toxins.

Should I keep reading to find a logical connection to this thread?

ETA: Here's the part about optogenetics

While in Place B, the neuroscientists stimulate the memory of Place A using optogenetics . . . while simultaneously delivering electric shocks to the mouse’s feet, causing fear and pain.

From the Wiki on Optogenetics

Optogenetics also necessarily includes 1) the development of genetic targeting strategies such as cell-specific promoters or other customized conditionally-active viruses, to deliver the light-sensitive probes to specific populations of neurons in the brain of living animals (e.g. worms, fruit flies, mice, rats, and monkeys), and 2) hardware (e.g. integrated fiberoptic and solid-state light sources) to allow specific cell types, even deep within the brain, to be controlled in freely behaving animals. Most commonly, the latter is now achieved using the fiberoptic-coupled diode technology introduced in 2007,[34][35][36] though to avoid use of implanted electrodes, researchers have engineered ways to inscribe a "window" made of zirconia that has been modified to be transparent and implanted in mice skulls, to allow optical waves to penetrate more deeply to stimulate or inhibit individual neurons.[37]

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The theory about the catfish and cod is correct.

There are people in this life who come around once every few generations, when they're needed.

They are the Da Vincis', the Thomas jeffersons', the great leaders who forced us to question the status quo.

Because if the Earth hates anything, it's stagnant processes, so it introduces something from outside the box to get things moving again.

My theory is that all of us -steins are the catfish. Any born prior to 1994 and born after 1978 has a clear recollection of -stein. Why? Something happened in 1962, maybe a war, maybe JFk wasn't killed, whatevs.

A long time ago, I talked to a child soldier from Sierra Leone. He said to me that I reminded him of a king that he heard told about in many prophecies. He said that all of the kings and queens that were supposed to been born into a throne, were shipped out across the world from Africa and it's this king's blood that he sensed in me and many others.

Something about me makes people happier. Whenever I walk into a room, it's like I'm a natural stress reliever.
And I have a commanding presence. When i talk, people listen.

Now this is the internet so do with that what you will. but I believed that child soldier when he told me that the prophecies spoke of a great darkness coming and that I would have to join with all of the other forgotten queens and kings and I would destroy the darkness.

It was the most random conversation I had. I had gone to his book signing and before I left, he pulled me aside. He looked me in the eyes and he said, "You have the eyes of a warrior and a expert killer. Why is this so?" So i told him about my experiences in the criminal life and he told me how he had spoken to many young people like me that had gone through that kind of experience and how a great prophecy spoke of a great leader, born in the slums that would use their trials and experience gained, to rise to become a great leader that would lead their forgotten people through the darkness that was coming.

Well, everything in the prophecy he has described has come true. This whole -stain/stein thing just confirmed it.

I might not be back for awhile. The plan is falling into line and I need to be more proactive with it. Just watch the news for a story on how a crazy guy is preaching on soap boxes about bringing down the government
edit on 28-6-2014 by thisguy27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

what's come true? and how does the stein/stain thing confirm it?

also, what's the name of the book you mention?
edit on 28-6-2014 by Boswell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Edit: Addressed by DO. Maybe people listen when you're in person. That was hard to read though.

edit on 28-6-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Boswell

It was by a guy called Ishmael Beah.

The bottom line is that the -stein people are the catfish and everyone else is the cod.
Or else the -stain people are the catfish and we're the cod.

My mind is #ing all jumbled up.

What's come true, is that I met two people that are on the same wavelength as me.

The others are fillers, to seem like everything is normal. They all claim that it's -stain. And they're all kewl.
But they don't seem to have an original thought in their bodies. # they say, it's like they heard it once and they repeat it when the time is right to seem like they're normal. They're not. They're watchers to make sure that I stay a good little citizen and that I never go off of my path. Phuck that noise, I'm joining the military. And then when I'm done with that, part 49 of my plan can start.
edit on 28-6-2014 by thisguy27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I am not sure what is happening here...I feel like I am back in NYC and a homeless man is telling me he is the harbinger of doom and the end is coming...

Let's not get off topic with your personal war on the man. This is about an explanation of stain vs stein and how so many can be wrong.

P.S. The catfish are few and the cod are many. In this case it seems the Stainers are the few and the Steiners are the many. So I think the Stainers are the catfish in the analogy.

Also, how are you going to join the military if you met a child soldier from Sierra Leone a long time ago? That conflict ended in 2002 and children haven't been used as soldiers since. You would be too old to enlist at this point...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Nigga, Ishmael Beah came to New Haven CT to promote his book about how escaped back in 1998.

Google his name and then start calling me crazy.

And the end isn't coming. The world isn't ending. The US will go through some socioeconomic change and the world will see a decline in global commerce for a bit, but nothing really doomy.

And I already talked to a recruiter who said I could enlist that day soo... Eat it

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
An IQ of 138, huh? I'm not going to get into the details involved with how that test was administered. However IQ and giftedness has nothing to do with this.

My IQ is 128. My brothers is 131. Both administered in controlled environments. He remembered stein, I remembered stain.

The main thing I take away from your posts is you are somehow thinking you would be an idiotic failure if you were wrong on this. Since you are self proclaimed gifted genius there can be no way you are wrong so the physical evidence MUST have been altered.

This has nothing to do with how smart someone is. It's just a trick your eyes and mind played on you.

a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Why all these veiled insults towards one poster? Every time she post you pick her words apart, twist them and deny her absolutism. Such as, "self-proclaimed gifted genius" when all she stated were facts, never claiming she was a genius. It seems that you want to deny her right to an absolute belief. Why is that?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
Ok, just to add to the craziness of all this. I just looked at some of our older books of the bears.
1988 book says BernStain.
1997 book says BernStain.
Wow, I always had BernStein in my head when ever I thought of those stories. Go figure......

Now your thinking Bernstein as in Leonard Bernstein. Your universe has one E missing. We are talking of Berenst in. Your talking Bernst in.
edit on 28-6-2014 by boomerdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

If you are searching for why you remember it they way you do, why have you ignored the scientific papers published which show exactly how this happens? I already know I am right, nobody has to say I was right. In fact, you could say I was wrong and that wouldn't change that I am right. I don't need affirmation. I am legitly in this thread to find out why, scientifically, people, the majority it seems, remember stein.

I have found more than enough data that shows it is an optical illusion created by the brain. Many people saw the title of the book and their mind completed it for them. They pronounced it wrong, and hence spelled it wrong.

Again, how do you explain people who TODAY can have the book in front of them and still say and spell it wrong?? It's the same concept which created the false memory.

And yet anyone having the same conviction, only in opposition to yours, is wrong? Get it now? You refuse to let anyone have a theory that differs. That's what some of us are trying to tell you. Not that you are wrong, you just refuse to let others be right.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Except after c. I think it still applies in this universe.

Have to admit though, i before e except after c is a weird rule.

Especially considering the word receive.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So what you are saying is gut feelings are always right...Hey, George W Bush agrees with you. Maybe that's why we found WMD in universe B.

P.S. the people bragging about IQ were the ones who refused to accept they could have a false memory. I only posted mine to show IQ has nothing to do with it. I am no smarter or dumber than most people here. I do however admit that I have an advanced education so perhaps that steers me towards the scientific method rather than going with gut feelings. I just happen to have a trigger memory that helps me remember how it was spelled 30 years ago. Most people probably don't have that.

I have gut feelings about people and weather I can trust them or not. I don't have gut feelings about facts. Facts are facts.

Okay, I get it now. Someone's intelligence is called into question and they state their IQ. To you it's bragging. Then you brag about your "trigger memory" and your facts are scientific facts. But I really do get it now. You just enjoy being a di**.

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join