It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: Boswell

I know you aren't talking to me, but I will volunteer up some of my reality for you.

Berenstein Bears
Nelson Mandela died in prison.
Jim Nabors died of AIDS.
Larry Hagman died twice now.
The sun used to be more yellow, now it's whiter and hotter.
Tank boy was run over in Tiananmen Square.
Andrew Zimmern was once Andrew Zimmerman.

Okay everybody...ready...set...ATTACK!!
jacy

That's universe "e" stuff? What happened to Jacy that grew up in universe "a"?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Berenstein Bears - False memory due to mispronunciation

Nelson Mandela died in prison. - Internet rumor / tabloid rumor

Jim Nabors died of AIDS - Jim Neighbors was gay which was the basis for the rumor

Larry Hagman died twice now - Actually he did die twice..... Who shot JR ?

The sun used to be more yellow, now it's whiter and hotter - half truth, stars do change over time

Tank boy was run over in Tiananmen Square - Propaganda or False reporting of rumors because there were many deaths

Andrew Zimmern was once Andrew Zimmerman. - Mispronunciation

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ok, just to add to the craziness of all this. I just looked at some of our older books of the bears.
1988 book says BernStain.
1997 book says BernStain.
Wow, I always had BernStein in my head when ever I thought of those stories. Go figure......

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

It get's even weirder. Go look at the books again.

They say BERENSTAIN

Even after looking at the books people still get the spelling wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67
I know! I did look at the books right before my original post here.
I couldn't believe what I saw!!! BernStain!! WTF MAN!!!???!?!?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This could be the break Team Stein has been looking for.

Do we have a poster on ATS that's currently in a parallel universe?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
WOW,

I may have to change my stance. There really is an "A" Universe and an "E" Universe.

I have just found some evidence that just might blow this whole thing wide open.

What have you Staininites done to my precious MARSHMELLOW's

The "A" Universe is EVOL

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Ok, so ya had to post that right now did ya??!?!?! LOL!!! Man that messes with my head ....
Went into my kitchen to look for some MarshmEllows. None here, Dam it all... LOL!!!

This reminds me of the movie 1984. They went back into old news articles and changed things to suit the need of the day. Pretty messed up stuff there!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

This reminds me of the movie 1984. They went back into old news articles and changed things to suit the need of the day. Pretty messed up stuff there!!!

Orwall was a prophetic genius!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

It's a right vs. wrong situation in your mind because you don't know any other difference. It's not that clear for those of us who do know a difference.

It's a whole different battle scenario in your head than it is in ours.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
What exactly are you talking about? Who insulted you? Why do you take this as attack on your intelligence or sanity? This has nothing to do with that.

My question was an example to rainbow who insulted me and had her post removed.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
No, you're confused. As a kid I thought it was stein until I actually really really looked at the book cover and asked my mom about it. This was after having read it for years to my brother and her reading it to both of us. She was shocked to see an a. I've gone over this. My brother also thought it was Bernstein because of how I pronounced it when reading to him.

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Funny, but we only had marshmallows in the stein universe. At least, I always remember it being marshmallows. Danged if it wasn't said "marshmellows" though.

Since the stein incident is perhaps the first of many switches, maybe mallows are the next to go? Maybe we are trading letters?

You know, he could "mellow" out a bit.
edit on 6/27/14 by Druid42 because: woops, had to fix pic tags

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

If I were a mod, I would applaud this just for the common sense. I can't get over how this thread has somehow managed to keep other folks awake at night just so they can keep parroting false memory, ignorance, fantasy, etc. I am in the camp of there being misprints of the book back in the day myself, but I do not discount any other theory because I simply don't know. BUT it seems some folks do have a problem with a few other folks discussing what may have or may not have happened.

Chiming in I can understand. Spending just as much time screaming "I have the books! I have all the old book!" And "Your theory is stupid and could never happen." has me perplexed.

I don't know. I would almost give my right arm to find just one misprinted book at this point.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Right? I don't understand the obsession...

On the otherhand, as one of the Steinfolk, I can say conclusively that it has always been MarshmAllow. Perhaps we have found where the swap was made?!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Don't forget the 51/52 states.
Henry VIII portrait with a turkey leg.
TAPS/Ghosthunters

It's a damn long list of silly, ignorant, not fully functional people in society...

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

are you willing to give up your soul? i'm looking to collect a few.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko
So what you are still saying is, that basically all of us steiners are confused and wrong, but not you.
Ok, got it.*eyeroll*

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

Well I think the marshmellow vs marshmallow is a good comparison and would be good to add to any polls of stein vs stain.

Everybody pronounces it marsh-mellow. I would like to see how many people misspell it when asked.

If we get an equal number of stein vs stain when compared to mellow vs mallow then we have the proof we need to prove the swap has occurred.

edit on 27-6-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
How exactly am I wrong? Did you find a book that says STEIN? The only thing I am right about is that the spelling has always been STAIN. Even my mom was wrong over 30 years ago until I pointed it out.

a reply to: Rainbowresidue

However, for you all this proves is that the merge happened prior to the 70's...but I think that pretty much invalidates most everyone who thought it was stein after the 70's.

edit on 27-6-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join