It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very weird theory that I found on the Internet

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
How exactly am I wrong? Did you find a book that says STEIN? The only thing I am right about is that the spelling has always been STAIN. Even my mom was wrong over 30 years ago until I pointed it out.

a reply to: Rainbowresidue

We got it!
I'm still saying that it was -stein for me, just how you are still insisting it has always been -stain for you.
There is no way to settle this , but we can keep continuing to say our own truths.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I couldn't really give 2 shiites less what you or your brother remember at this point. It feels like you just want everybody to just say, ok you're right. We give up. Nobody is going to say that. It's not your reality. It's not this reality. But it was a part of our reality at some point. If you don't believe it, great. That's what makes the world go around.

What does it matter to you that a few folks on ATS are searching for why they remember it the way they do?

Yes... I know about your false memory theory as well. You've said it a lot. Nobody here is going to cave to that at this point so you can either keep parroting it or move along to sunnier shores where the fishing might be better.

Everyone has been really polite while you just keep telling everyone they're wrong. We know people think we are wrong by now. WE don't though and that is why we are still here.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Druid42

You know, he could "mellow" out a bit.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boswell
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

are you willing to give up your soul? i'm looking to collect a few.

It's already promised elsewhere... Thanks though.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67

No more harsh mellow! Did someone give him a Snickars?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_

Right? I don't understand the obsession...

On the otherhand, as one of the Steinfolk, I can say conclusively that it has always been MarshmAllow. Perhaps we have found where the swap was made?!

Are we adding marshmAllow into it now as well.

Who doesn't know how to speeel that?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I couldn't really give 2 shiites less what you or your brother remember at this point. It feels like you just want everybody to just say, ok you're right. We give up. Nobody is going to say that.

Mallow out Kanga, we come in peace.

Please read our menifasto

"How to Serve Man"

Cue .... Twilight Zone theme

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

Don't teint the Twilight Zone series....

One of the bast shows of all time.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

We're going to have to create new rules for grammEr now that our Worlds have collided.

Does the "i" before "a" rule still apply?

edit on 27-6-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

No more harsh mellow! Did someone give him a Snickars?

LOL
Let me offer him a Milky Wey.

Sorry about the bad photo shoppping lol. At 5 in the morning this is what you get.

As I have said before, I will still continue searching for answers.
-stein, -stain- What a mystery this has become.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

We're going to have to create new rules for grammEr now that how Worlds have collided.

Does i before e rule still apply?

Except after c. I think it still applies in this universe.

I'm a nice person... Honest. I don't claim alternate universes. I just claim I remember it with an "e". That's it.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

If you are searching for why you remember it they way you do, why have you ignored the scientific papers published which show exactly how this happens? I already know I am right, nobody has to say I was right. In fact, you could say I was wrong and that wouldn't change that I am right. I don't need affirmation. I am legitly in this thread to find out why, scientifically, people, the majority it seems, remember stein.

I have found more than enough data that shows it is an optical illusion created by the brain. Many people saw the title of the book and their mind completed it for them. They pronounced it wrong, and hence spelled it wrong.

Again, how do you explain people who TODAY can have the book in front of them and still say and spell it wrong?? It's the same concept which created the false memory.

edit on 27-6-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
So wait. Why do people have so much faith in teachers and bookstore owners and not scientists? Sure, science hasn't been able to explain everything (we don't even know what "everything" means) yet but so what? It doesn't mean that they won't be able to do so in the future.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Have to admit though, i before e except after c is a weird rule.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I wonder if people in non-english speaking countries have translated versions of the bear books.

And I wonder if they would have this same OOPL problem ? ... (out of place letter)

Berenstain Bears Now Speaking Endangered Language In 'Matho Waunsila Thiwahe' (VIDEO)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Except after c.

Okay so it's ....

i before a except after c or when sounded like e as in naighbor and waigh.

Wait ... what? ... somethings not quite right .... hmmm

I'm sooo confused ...... maybe it's just low blood suger.

Can I have a marshmellow?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

If you are searching for why you remember it they way you do, why have you ignored the scientific papers published which show exactly how this happens?

I have not ignored anything. I prefer a nice world that fits in a box. I don't like being out of my comfort zone. I don't like it when things happen that I can't explain. BUT I DO KNOW that things do happen that can't always be explained.

Do you? Do you think that there are things in the life/world/universe that we may never understand?

Do you go with your gut when it tells you to do/not do something? Do you trust that instinct?

That's what this is. It's not scientific. It's not factual. It's a FEELING. A gut feeling that tells me that I am right. Now I might be right because I saw a book with a misspelling on it (it happens even today), or I might be right for any number of reasons. But I am right.

Have I been wrong before? All the time. Can I admit it? All the time.

I am not looking for a Sci-Fi reason for this. But I know what I know. I understand that you think you know, but the fact is... You can't be 100% sure that there is not one other possibility in the whole universe that explains why we all feel this way.

Other folks in this thread have that feeling. That's why it's bothersome when you keep saying it's wrong. For us, the feeling is not wrong. I would be more than happy to chalk it up to false memory and move on, but for me I can't explain it away with that reason.

I'm not going to brag about IQ scores, memory, diplomas, etc. because the fact is... I have nothing on most of the folks here. I have only my gut and it hasn't led me wrong yet.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Not really, because for the "c" to be an "ess" sound (such as in "receive"), it needs to be proceeded by an "e". The "e" is what give the "c" an "ess" sound when it is in the middle of a word.

edit on 6/27/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So what you are saying is gut feelings are always right...Hey, George W Bush agrees with you. Maybe that's why we found WMD in universe B.

P.S. the people bragging about IQ were the ones who refused to accept they could have a false memory. I only posted mine to show IQ has nothing to do with it. I am no smarter or dumber than most people here. I do however admit that I have an advanced education so perhaps that steers me towards the scientific method rather than going with gut feelings. I just happen to have a trigger memory that helps me remember how it was spelled 30 years ago. Most people probably don't have that.

I have gut feelings about people and weather I can trust them or not. I don't have gut feelings about facts. Facts are facts.

edit on 27-6-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I agree. English has some very weird "goings on" all through it. I am awed at how many people can speak it as a second language when a lot of us do good to get it half right as our first.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join