It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting at Walmart in Las Vegas

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Yeah, we need a revolution, but we need a peaceful one. This was no revolution. Two random cops, who probably did no wrong? If it was a real revolution, wouldn't you take out the obvious bad cops or leadership? Wouldn't you destroy the NSA buildings first? These people were obviously deranged. When your back up plan is to run into the Walmart across the street...more senseless violence. The talk will be about gun control, and nothing wrong with having a discussion about gun control after a mass shooting.

I also think having discussions about gun control after a shooting is a inevitable, but fairly useless unless people can accept the sad truth that THOSE CALLING FOR GUN CONTROL are those who ENJOY being protected by guns, but decry my and your personal protection with guns as criminal.
If these types like Dianne Feinstein and Harry Reid and their ilk were completely out of the picture, the sane minded people could probably come up with working solutions.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
This story doesn't seem to be getting much attention. Nothing on local news wrap. Can't find it on CNN's homepage. Fox has it on their homepage. But no video.

Looks like one of those stories that will rapidly disappear into the mist of history.

I've noticed that smaller shootings like this don't hit MSM for a good 24 hours or more, then they have lots of videos and interviews with witnesses to show on all the major channels at once. It's almost as if they are trying to make the greatest impact possible.
I love the breaking news forum; I get alerted to unfolding events in real time, as they're happening. Kudos, OP!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
Just more proof that this country really needs gun control.

Of course. Because it would be silly to believe that people who want to create all kinds of oppressive laws might do just about anything to create a seemingly plausible excuse. Who would believe that? You'd have to be crazy to be suspicious of people who obviously have motive.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: Shadow22
is nowhere near like it is here. Not even close. Take any country with gun control laws and gun violence is a tiny fraction of what it is here.
They aren't in FEMA camps, they aren't in a dystopia, roving gun gangs aren't piliaging raping and plundering the populace.
The long and short of it is gun nut propaganda just doesn't pan out.

My point though, is that those gun bans didn't work and people are still dying. Less people dying isn't cutting it. If people are dying at all when guns are already banned, then it is a 100% failure.

The statement that less people are dying from guns in a country where guns are banned, than in another country with more guns and deaths is a double failure. What laws are helping in that scenario? NONE!

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
It is a tough scenario for sure.

Cover stories like this and they possibly generate motivation or ideas for other like minded criminals.
Ignore stories like this and people will be frustrated\cry that the truth is being held back.

My approach is put the information out there and let people do what they want with it as that is what I hope for personally.

I agree-partly. The story SHOULD be told, but I don't need to see the gory pics for it to impact me, nor the 'eye witness' accounts ( asking "Is my director talking?" ) nor the grieving family sobbing . The story alone impacts me to the core, and the sensational way MSM feeds the delusions of grandeur that so many in our broken society are craving.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

originally posted by: Mikeultra
And the fake muzzle flash is a nice touch also.

That was a .50-caliber Desert Eagle...

I was curious about that guy so I Google'd it...

He walked into a Walmart, pulled out his Desert Eagle and killed two flat-screen TV's.

He was charged with a misdemeanor and served NO jail time believe it or not.

...a 20-year-old Kernersville man walks into the electronics section of a Walmart, pulls out a .50-caliber Desert Eagle handgun and starts shooting up the place. As you can see, other customers appeared to be justifiably frightened and running for their lives. A round fired from a .50-caliber Desert Eagle can dent an engine block; imagine what it would do to a human being.

It was an outrageous, deranged and terrifying act. And yet because of a loophole in state law, the gunman, Justin Murphy, was only convicted of misdemeanors. He walked out of the Forsyth County Hall of Justice with a slap on his wrist and — until he was served with a restraining order Friday for a separate violent incident — the right to keep and carry a hand cannon.

Opening fire in Walmart: Common-sense gun bill under assault

edit on 8-6-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hmm, wonder if it will come out these two whackado duo are "Sovereign Citizens"? The guy just shot up a courthouse that was a self proclaimed Sovereign Citizen. He went out with bullets and thoughts of Revolution.

I guess Revolution has to start somewhere. Hail the Revolutionaries!

Oh wait, Revolutionaries do not kill non combatants.... It is twisted but I see where they could consider themselves revolutionaries if they were going after cops, politicians or corrupt officials. But shooting a non combatant at Walmart turned them into simple twisted killers. What did the poor guy at Walmart do to deserve to die at the hands of these tweaks? (besides shopping at Walmart?).

Too many rats in the cage and the are starting to lose it.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
Yes I also looked into that and couldn't believe he didn't get charged with a felony. After watching the video that opethPA posted I could see the one muzzle flash was real. But he supposedly fired twice more and I didn't notice any flashes from those shots.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
3 innocent people killed, and my condolences to the victim's families.
But many comments and flags for this story.
Why none for this one?
3 dead among 22 wounded in shootings Friday, early Saturday
articles.chicagotribune.com...

Both stories are tragic, but why do people turn their head and there's no outrage over these happenings.
Here's why I'm assuming...Cause it's not according to the plan?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Or because Chicago has some of the strictest weapons laws in the nation?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: mwood

OH HELL YES! Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility. You're basically like another cop out there. Good job buddy. Whether we want to accept it or not, the world is getting crazier and crazier by the minute. To be unarmed is to be unprepared. You shouldn't even leave your house if you don't carry some type of weapon. At least a knife, pepper spray or taser. Hey, the bad guys are doing it. So if you're not packin something, the bad guys are already on each step ahead. Whether we want to realize it or not, there is a war going on. There is a force out there that wants to take advantage of your naivety. It only takes a couple of seconds to go from taking a walk in the park, to fighting for your life.

Do I sound crazy? Well look around you folks. Do you want to be a victim or a survivor? Those are your only two choices. Sitting on the fence will only get you caught up in the crossfire. Trust me, I don't WANT to live life this way. I don't WANT the world to be like this. But I do want to continue living. Preferably not as a vegetable. I wish we COULD just mind our own business and go about our day. But to do that and that only is to play pretend games.

Is it the SSRI drugs? Other drugs? Mental health? The economy? Satan himself? I don't know what is causing it, but until we figure it out and fix it, we must consider ourselves to be in a state of constant warfare. We must be remain vigilant. Honestly, it will probably never end... Personally, I'm fine with whatever God decides to do with me. But I am severely protective over my loved ones, and All of the innocent people out there, especially women and children.

Being armed didn't seem to help the 2 cops who got killed at the pizza place.

No, being armed does not mean you automatically survive an encounter or maybe stop the bad guys.
But it does give you another option if you find yourself in the situation.
edit on 8-6-2014 by mwood because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-6-2014 by mwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: nugget1
"Clean up on isle 11".......

Too soon. (Not that that wasn't the first thought in my head when I read it as well.)

It's always too soon to be tasteless.
2nd

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
"Tell the police the revolution has begun," Las Vegas gunman told witnesses after shooting 2 cops before heading for Walmart - 8News

because that doesn't sound like a setup at all....and then they kill themselves? how convenient...

this stinks. mark my words, it smells BAD...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LadySkadi

can't have hype and fear, without scare-words, and scare-terms.

MSM's gotta make it sound like all out war, otherwise, nobody cares. if nobody cares, then they've failed at their mission to perpetuate terror.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

The revolution has begun.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

it's not "western culture", and the fact that you could so grossly oversimplify, and trivialize it like that, tells me you're none too bright.

we argue, because the media uses these buzz words to incite an emotional reaction from the audience, and then our f**ked up-ass government latches onto that emotional response, whether it be fear, or anger, or hatred, or confusion, and they manipulate that, into support for policies that are against our interests..

that, is why we argue...because they take advantage of situations like this, and use them, to try and infringe upon our rights, and attempt to relieve us of just a little bit more of our freedom...
edit on 6-8-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: nugget1
"Clean up on isle 11".......

Too soon. (Not that that wasn't the first thought in my head when I read it as well.)

It's always too soon to be tasteless.
2nd

Not meant as humor; meant as a snarky remark on the way Walmart does business without regard for human beings., profits being their bottom line. Sorry if I offended you.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I HOPE these guys werent ATS members....

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the families that lost their loved ones.
I own guns. We live in the country and our nearest neighbor is almost a mile away. My husband is a retired Army Ranger, and he taught our children how to handle, and respect, firearms. When he and our sons go camping, my two dogs and a handgun make me feel safe. That being said - on the front page of our local paper was a story that probably was repeated in many places in this country. Some kids had a Graduation party last night. It is still unclear what started it, but some kids started shooting up the place. A 19 year old girl was shot and killed. Many more wounded.

A 19 year old girl was killed. She had just completed high school. She was celebrating with her friends. They weren't at a bar or cruising the streets. She was at a house. And no one knows why this happened. My DAUGHTER is 20. I would just die if something like this happened to her, or to her brothers. Something HAS GOT TO BE DONE! I just don't know what.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaDe_
Ok, now I am totally confused. They announce that this is "The start of the revolution", then proceed to fulfill a suicide pact by killing themselves? How can one start the revolution if one is dead? Seems like they had some serious miscalculations with how their plan was supposed to workout.

oh, c'mon man, you're no dummy...we both know how this is gonna play out.

they will either be written off as an isolated incident of 2 crazies being crazy...OR, the government will play it up as them being messengers of a much larger movement....a domestic terror network, that we need to fear all the time..thus, justifying paramilitary DHS teams everywhere....

it's going to mean the further demonization of firearms, and the 2nd amendment. it's going to mean even MORE attempts to further legislate morality, and one's right to self defense....it's gonna mean more claims from the government that we need less rights, and more laws, so we can be safe......

c'mon man...you know the routine...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join