It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting at Walmart in Las Vegas

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is a country based on freedom & liberty, they mention it repeatedly in the declaration, constitution, & the bill of rights. Now there's all this concern for safety. Bicycle helmets, seat belts, pretty son you'll get a ticket for your shoes being untied. One idiot caught in an escalator is all it'll take. Probably a teenage girl on the phone, if she was cute enough they'll have to write a law.

But the two are mutually exclusive, you can't have both. Freedom or Safety. Can't have a free for all, or be the country in the plastic bubble. When the forums show half one way and half the other, it's time to STOP. And we are about there..

As evidenced by all the shootings. When we have big pushes for security, it shakes the nuts out of the tree. When they pass the shoelace law, count on it being the last straw for somebody.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Walmart has tons of security cameras so there should be evidence of this shooting happening in their store. I found this article in an Australian news source, and there's a strange photo of a tweet by someone who wrote "Walmart employees being told to stay away from media." I realize this is a tweet by whoever, but when I read that it causes me to think, "What are they trying to hide?" They are also reporting that the cops died, so it's 3 victims and 2 criminals dead. www.news.com.au...

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What I don't understand about these events is why the perps almost always off themselves before the cops can do it. In almost all these shootings, the shooters seem prepared for an extended battle, with extra ammo and other supplies. If you are angry enough to take the first step, why just quit? It's not going to be any worse getting shot by cops than shooting yourself is it? In this one for example, why take the weapons off the cops they shot, then walk over to WM and kill themselves - they didn't those extra weapons. Does this make sense to anyone? For the ones I can remember from 20+ years ago, it wasn't usually that way.
edit on 8-6-2014 by toidiem because: sp.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: toidiem
I said something similar to that in the Elliot Rodger thread a few days ago. If he was on a mission of retribution, had 3 handguns with hundreds of rounds of ammo, why shoot himself before the ammo's depleted? One possible answer is that there will be no trial when the suspects suicide themselves.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

England has had gun control for how long now?

Where's the FEMA camps? where's the British Auschwitz?

again not buying the gun nut propaganda anymore.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: toidiem
In this one for example, why take the weapons off the cops they shot, then walk over to WM and kill themselves

Maybe the other people who were supposed to join them never showed, so the 2 of them panicked. Take 12 soldiers on a battlefield who are trained to work together, then take 10 of them out of the picture. The one's who are left are going to be ineffective at best.

Just a theory

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
"Walmart employees being told to stay away from media." I realize this is a tweet by whoever, but when I read that it causes me to think, "What are they trying to hide?"

I think this is just because employers don't want their employees making any statements of any kind on behalf of the corporation--even if it's just to report the facts.

I was robbed at gun point once while clocked in and the first thing the corp. told me was NOT to talk to any media about the incident.

Nothing sinister being hidden (hopefully)--just common practice on the part of the corporation. I don't like it, but policy is policy, and employees agree to stuff like this as part of their employment.

edit on 8-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Walmart has tons of security cameras so there should be evidence of this shooting happening in their store. I found this article in an Australian news source, and there's a strange photo of a tweet by someone who wrote "Walmart employees being told to stay away from media." I realize this is a tweet by whoever, but when I read that it causes me to think, "What are they trying to hide?" They are also reporting that the cops died, so it's 3 victims and 2 criminals dead. www.news.com.au...

I dont see anything wrong with a corporation telling their employees to stay away from the media in a scenario like this.

Tactically it is the right move for that business to make.

Since pretty much the story broke it was reported 2 cops dead, 1 civilian dead and 2 criminals dead.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA
I saw a couple of sources that earlier had said one cop died and one was critical. Another said they were both critical. Why do you think Walmart should tell their employees to avoid the media?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

People are going nuts and no one is doing anything about it...

This just makes me want to get my CCW sooner rather than later!

Praying for all involved. Cannot imagine being in that type of situation and I hope to never be in one, either.

The answer isn't more guns or ways to carry and use them, the answer must come from society, i.e. you and me, itself. Violence or the potential for more violence begets only more violence.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I saw a couple of sources that earlier had said one cop died and one was critical. Another said they were both critical. Why do you think Walmart should tell their employees to avoid the media?

It's not WalMart telling their employees that it's any company in the world doing that.
Their are multiple reasons why a company would want that, everything from litigation to brand protection.
I don't see anything nefarious in it.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok
a reply to: Necrose

England has had gun control for how long now?

Where's the FEMA camps? where's the British Auschwitz?

again not buying the gun nut propaganda anymore.

If they have gun control and it isn't working, which is true for the UK since people die from guns that people that are banned from owning, still get a hold of and kill people, does that mean gun nuts are wrong? Nope, it means the gun control nuts are nuts, and wrong.
Take all the guns and who will still have them? Anyone who wants one bad enough!

That scenario is bad enough and even seriously bad, without even bringing Fema camps into it.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: metodex
Well the Revolution HAS begun then....are you happy ATS?
Is this what everyone wanted? Enjoy it America.

The revolution hasn't begun. Two distraught people killed two cops and a civilian. No one is going to follow their lead. If anything, this will make cops more oppressive. But, even then, no group will come together to stop them. Its not serious enough.

When everyone starts getting pulled over and illegally mistreated at least about once a week, or even once a month. When the frequency of cop kills increases because of that, then maybe a revolution could begin.
edit on 8-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

originally posted by: toidiem
In this one for example, why take the weapons off the cops they shot, then walk over to WM and kill themselves

Take 12 soldiers on a battlefield who are trained to work together, then take 10 of them out of the picture. The one's who are left are going to be ineffective at best.

I think Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart showed that isn't necessarily true.
edit on 6/8/2014 by roadgravel because: fix tag

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yeah, we need a revolution, but we need a peaceful one. This was no revolution. Two random cops, who probably did no wrong? If it was a real revolution, wouldn't you take out the obvious bad cops or leadership? Wouldn't you destroy the NSA buildings first? These people were obviously deranged. When your back up plan is to run into the Walmart across the street...more senseless violence. The talk will be about gun control, and nothing wrong with having a discussion about gun control after a mass shooting. We need to have discussions about it but, the bigger issue will be left untouched. Mental Health and addiction.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Las Vegas Metro Sheriff Gillespie briefing on shootings.

GILLESPIE Briefing

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadow22

is nowhere near like it is here. Not even close. Take any country with gun control laws and gun violence is a tiny fraction of what it is here.

They aren't in FEMA camps, they aren't in a dystopia, roving gun gangs aren't piliaging raping and plundering the populace.

The long and short of it is gun nut propaganda just doesn't pan out.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Who gives a $h!t? You guys arguing over the definition of "mass murder" is ridiculous. Grow up and talk about what really matters.

We have an epidemic of shootings happening, and we need to figure out why. This is occurring way to frequently, it doesn't make sense.

*edit- I'm referring to an earlier argument in the thread. Meant to quote it but didn't.
edit on 8-6-2014 by solongandgoodnight because: Explanation

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Is it time for a new forum?

Not to sensationalize these events, but to be aware of them.

The breaking news forum is good for these to be posted, but unless your looking for these types of things, you may not be aware of how often it is happening.
This thread led me to the Canada cop shooting a few days ago...had missed that, had no idea it happened.

I only came to this thread via search because there was a short news bit on ABC sunday evening news so I had to come to ATS.

If this is going to be picking up, if it really is a new revolution, we need to be aware

But then again, maybe these are grouped together and I just need to be more informed, I checked the Civil Unrest Forum, these incidents don't seem to mentioned there...

A new Forum?

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just goes to show you that no one is safe. Anyone can flip their lid and have your number. A person can slit your throat or shoot youfaster than you can draw a weapon from a holster, especially at a seated position and you're taken by surprised. There is zero reaction time. One minute you're eating a slice of pizza and the next your pushing up daisies.
edit on 8-6-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join