It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

HUZZAH!

My first thought when you snagged a piece of air was, "That's some serious humidity!"
Knowing how you hate it so.

And thanks man!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I noticed that True got his writers status. Where's yours Dawg???

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I haven't earned it yet. It's all good.

Just waiting on the next writing contest to tickle my fancy. (Git yer mind outta the gutter!)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Yeah... it IS bloody humid today. I am supposed to go to see a gig at a local bar tonight, and I am dreading being soaked in sweat, and surrounded by two hundred or so drunken people in a confined space!

ETA:

Just watched the weather report while on my lunch break. It seems as if there is to be a massive wave of strong thunderstorms coming through the area tonight. In fact, the weather front which is carrying them up from the south of France, will deposit serious storm clouds over an area which will cover approximately four fifths of the south of England, so I HOPE that the air will clear, AND that I will be awake for the light show!
edit on 18-7-2014 by TrueBrit because: Added detail.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I have had my writers status for quite a considerable time now Night Star, before the Shed, before even the Valentines thread!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Oh, maybe I forgot. I don't usually look at that. LOL

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

No, it is not the first thing I look at either!

Normally, when after a time of reading a members posts, I look up to the top left of their avatar and see their status, I am unsurprised by the information to be found.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hi Guys! I only woke up like an hour ago. About 3:00 P.M. my time. Man I must've been more worn out than I thought! LOL!!

Great Story Additions to those of You who just wrote them in! Fantastic stuff!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Every time I see your avatar, I want to put the pic under a piece of glass and make a necklace out of it, or a pair of earrings!!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

LOL! Thanx for the compliment Night! He IS Kool, isn't HE?! LOL!!!

Here ya go. I was tryin to remove the background of your avvy elf, to make t like she is standing right in the flower bed. It kept trying to take out ALL the black in the image, and it just wasn't right. Thought ya might like this anyways, to do whatever with it ya want! And here he is, so you can make it smaller and make your jewelry!!

edit on 18-7-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Pretty! Looks like she is in a ghostly mist. Cool!

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Yah, it is Pretty, huh? I am going for a while. Hope to be back later this afternoon, or early evening.
I dropped a screenshot of my poem into the short stories forum.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Oh and did ya notice I put a copy of my Avvy Dragon into the post with your Vignette above? I would be honored if you can do something, jewelry wise, with him! Later, Syx.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Jane woke up with the sun shinning in her eyes. Squinting, she sat up in the hammock she had slung between two trees, and rummaged in her BOB for a bottle of water. After slaking her morning thirst she looked around and saw the fire still had a few embers.

"Best not re-light that" she thought to herself, and dug a bit deeper into her BOB for some cold bacon.
After giving her head a good scratch and stretching her arms and back, she swung her feet over the hammock, and stretched her legs as she rotated her feet while chewing on the bacon.

She looked over in the direction she had travelled from. "I just hope I can keep The Shadow away from them" she thought.
She'd seen it manifest itself a few days ago and had hoped it would have followed her, thus keeping her friends safe. But it had paused.She knew in her heart it had found its host.
She hung her head wondering who it might have been. The thought of any of her friends being taken over by The Shadow pierced her heart, but at the same time caused a rage she had never felt before. A tear dropped onto her thigh, she brushed it away with the back of her hand at the same time lifting her head, looking back in the direction she had left her friends and seen The Shadow, she hissed between clenched teeth, "I know you, you bastard. I'll have you. Do your worst, but I'll win the war".

With that steely determination, she tipped herself out of the hammock, packed up camp into her BOB.
"Come on you yellow-livered slime. Come and get me if you dare".
She slung her BOB over her shoulder and throwing a challenging glance over her shoulder strode off deeper into the jungle.

To be continued...................

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Hi Jane!!! Very Nice Addition to Our Story!! I love it! Nice to see You back in the Land of Shed!!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Good to see a new entry of yours in the story Jane!

Morning Warriors! I'm up bright and early for a change.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Yes you are! What did you do with the real Night Star? She would never be up this early. LOL

Just woke up against my wishes as well, having my first cup of coffee and stretching the kinks out from yesterdays chores. Oof!

Looks like to day will be spent cleaning the garage as it is raining.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Oh my GOD! You guys... oh my God!

Last night was EPIC.

I went to see a band last night, and the performance was held in a function room above a busy bar. As a result, the humidity within the performance space was all pervading. It was hard to breathe in the room, and so myself and my besty spent the first half hour at the venue, outside the pub watching the clouds roll in. When the first band was finished with their set, we went up to witness the band we had come to see. Black Droid played a sterling set, with all their usual vigour, and as they played, the window behind them would light up occasionally, with flashes of lightning.

My associate and myself, upon noting that things outside had taken a turn for the awesome, watched a couple more tracks of the Black Droid set, and then proceeded to leave the bar, and walked down to the clifftops. Technically, there is no cliff in Southend-On-Sea, but that is the local description for the area. In any case, it is an area, raised away from the seafront, and along its summit, sports several sheltered benches. And to one of these benches, we made our merry way as the sky exploded. My friend and I passed several hours there, with the rain smashing down around us, watching the lightning show over the Thames Estuary, as the angry weather fronts passed over our heads from the south.

The rain came down in a vast torrent, and so high was the humidity that I was forced to walk about all night without a shirt on, or shrivel with the heat of it! It was a beautiful night, and between the refreshing rain, which soaked me through to the bone, and the light show, I have to confess, it is hard for me to imagine a better nights exploits! I only wish that I had been in possession at the time, of the iPad, because I would have taken video of the atmospheric events!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Nice addition Jane. Glad to see the writing bug has bitten you again.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

It's good to see you had a great time True. If the weather over the year has been any indicator, what I experience, you end up getting in the next couple days, so with luck, you will be having a cooler period coming up. The high here today is 71F/22C and rain. The entire week has been abnormally cool due to the polar vortex.

I was invited to watch a friends band tonight but it's downtown and I can't stand going downtown especially the East side, LOL. So I had to pass. Too many idiots, Too many cops, all of which of course are interacting with each other in the manner you can imagine. I don't need to be stressed out to have a good time. (Or in jail or the hospital either).

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Good Morning Citizens of Shed. I raise my cup of Coffee to You all!

~Night, I see you were up early today, and now gone? C'mon back and have some Coffee.( sliding a cup of Coffee to NightStar.)

~TDawg, I'm not sure if I've seen You up so early either!?? Maybe the rain woke You? Sunny and fairly clear here this morn......

~True, Looks like You had a pretty good time last night, eh? I'd file that one under, 'Awesome', in my ScrapBook of Life's events!!

Hope You guys and everyone else has a great day today!
edit on 19-7-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join