It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Things are OK here, going to the farm tomorrow to play. (some call it work, but I enjoy it, so it's play to me)

Pool is cleaned and ready for Moby Dick! (That would be me), the chickens seem to have gone feral so I'll be on a egg hunt every morn. Brush to be whacked, pigs to be slopped and of course Griffen the Dawg will be at my side the entire way. And the garage needs a good cleaning as well. I'm sure there is more.

All in all, I'm lookin' forward to the break from boredom. I can't wait to move back to Wisconsin where that'll all be the daily biz and I'll be lookin' forward to being bored again. LOL

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Its good to have something to look forward to!

Sounds good to me anyway!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Its good to have something to look forward to!

Sounds good to me anyway!

And I'll be a bit of a taskmaster here.

I'm looking forward to your next submission young man!
You can't graduate without it. Or the next one, and the next, etc, etc...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Hi Guys!!

True, I loved your Spike dude...where did he come from?

Dawg...Hey! I'm just kinda sliding in to say "hi". Actually came on to read up on that Malaysian flight that was shot down, but of course got side-tracked.

Hope everybody is good!
jacy

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

And a ray of sunshine has appeared in my day! Yea, today has actually not gone as planned. But then again, what plan ever goes according to plan?

Still, there is the week ahead and I have high hopes nonetheless!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Flying overhead of JacyGirl, TrueBrit, and TDawgRex, Syx Hollers at CCBears , who is riding on his back, "CC Look down there. TDawg is cracking a whip at True!" I wonder what that's all about?!

"Hard to say Syx! But it looks like Jacy just about wiped out. Did ya see her Slide on that dry area right next to those guys?!"

" How could I miss it?! seein's how she kicked up a huge cloud of Dust!!"

LOL!! Hi Guys! How's Ya all doin?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Oh good! I have high hopes too! High hopes, we've got high hopes...we've got high apple pie in the sky....hopes...
lol

I hate plans actually, they always go awry! Spontaneous is usually much more fun.
You're happy cuz you're going to hunt eggs and play with the dawg!

jacy

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hey there, Mr. & Mrs. Syx!

Yeah, I'm a bit clumsy, hehe.

Good here, got the stupid news on...and I'm not believing anything I hear.
Later I'm going to do crafts....gonna make myself a new tinfoil hat I think.

Nice to see you guys here.
jacy

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Nice to see You too Jacy! Hey, turn off that TV. It will rot your brain ya know? Just keep reading this fantasy stuff here. It's more real that what's on the Tube! LOL!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Isn't that the truth!!

I just wanted to hear the 'official' story, lol.
I don't want my brain to rot!!

Think I might throw in an AC/DC concert dvd that I picked up on the weekend (second hand store).
I can't believe that I'll never get to see them in concert. That was definitely on my bucket list.

How are you guys doing tonight?
jacy

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I know right?! AC/DC Rocks !! That's an understatement actually. I'm ok here after a pretty busy day. We had Sadee from Monday afternoon, up until a couple hours ago. She wore me out!! LOL!!!

Oh and I didn't write that bit about you almost wiping out cause Your clumbsy, I did it because of what you wrote a while ago here : "Hey! I'm just kinda sliding in to say "hi"
Get it, Slidin ?! LOL!!! And TDawg was crackin the whip at True cause TDawg said he was going to be the taskmaster and rode True about getting in another story entry. And I couldn't agree more!

TRUE!!! Where's your next submission?!? LOL!!!

edit on 17-7-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

lol...I knew what you meant...but I AM clumsy, and my slide would likely end with me slamming into a wall.

I'm going to go relax and watch this dvd.
Need to shut my brain down for a while, lol.

Should be here in the morning....so...everybody have a great night, and think happy thoughts!

*mwah* *mwah*
jacy

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Just a FlashBack.

Cheap Tricks first LP.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

OK Jacy. You have a good evening. Enjoy the Cerebral Down Time! Prob see Ya in the Morn for Coffee. G'Night.
edit on 17-7-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Good Choice TDawg! Now I've got some tunes for some background whilst tryin to think of an addition to the Story!!
Kinda not sure how to proceed though......

I'll come up with somethin like maybe getting back to Hispanolia in this entry. Along the way, whatever can and maybe will happen.
Is that what has been decided? To like get back together, then we can go forth with the map reading, and such?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Grabbin' some dinner. Back in a few......

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Dinner! It's damn near ten!

Of course who am I to b***h. I rarely do actual meals anymore, but rather snack throughout the day. A serving of green Beans here, A steak there, a quesidilla there , etc, etc.

The only time I really have a sit down meal is at a restaurant with friends, or at the farm, where a awesome grill is available.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

~ Foss,
From Foss. " PS: Jacy, I can't visit on the astral, at least not yet...Still need to work on my exit techniques."
If You need advice or help with 'Getting Out" to Astral Travel, let me know. WHen younger, I had an entire Summer where I was going out nightly, at least 4 or 5 times a week, and traveling on the astral plane and didn't know it! Years later I found out about all that, and then realized what had been happening to me. Now I can go out at will. Almost. It needs to real quiet, calm, and I need a little time to be able to do it. Hard to get the conditions just right anymore, Alas...... But let me know as I have a fairly simple technique to
get out' now.

Syx - Go ahead and send it to me, as another method will give me something to focus on at night. Funnily enough, in terms of experience I fall in the middle of the scale; I catch myself hitting the right state, and sometimes can catch myself while out. Only had a handful of controlled projections though; best one was where I learned how to control my movements in 3D space - What blew my mind away was that when I looked at a part of me, it was vaguely shaped like my arm, but it appeared to be composed of purple, blue, and grey glitter.

Anyway, because I can talk about astral projection to no end, I'll not digress from the story.

Waking up with a cold start, Foss' senses slowly came back to him. So far, the only soul he managed to encounter on the lonesome, archaic spit of land was Syx, who just happened to be in the same section of Astral he was investigating.

Although he didn't know why exactly, something seemed off about the land around him; a heaviness clung to the very air; it was almost as if the thing he encountered on the airship was all around him, trying to impose its bulk upon him.

Figuring that the shore had to be a better place to look for the others, as many of them were still in sea-worthy vessels, Foss made the climb off the cliff as best he could.

The water, sighing and heaving with a wet, gurgling sound, revealed a sight completely unexpected: There, among the rubble of several ships, was a lone boat; Small, intact, with an untouched rucksack.

"well, at least one other person made it, but what's this???".

Cautiously, Foss, moved the rucksack away, for he caught the eye of something glittering below. Before he could go after it, two things happened simultaneously: The crystal in his staff turned blood red ("this is not good", he muttered), and over the wind came the sound of someone or someones (it was impossible to tell) having an argument.

Now, for those of you that do not know - as was mentioned way back on page 100 of the first story; Foss' crystal was special. It also knew when danger was near, and would glow red when danger was present. To see it glow with that intensity was no small reassurance; there was something approaching, something that came from the nameless gulfs at the edge of time.

At this point, you are probably questioning: Why the [explicit] is Foss not getting out of there. Well, to put it bluntly, Foss was nervous, but curious. He hid, invisible, and listened.

"Dawg, you fool, where did you leave my amulet?" ("Amulet? What has Dawg been up to?").

"Which one? I only let you borrow my body, last time I checked, that means you're responsible for your own...**incoherent mutterings** if only that wizard would have relented..." ("??? Wait, why would it want me?").

"Aha, now I remember - I took over after you got out of the boat, so there it is. Ha, now we can get the others, and bring the stones together, and we will claim what is ours" ("Ok, this is getting weird").

Seeing Dawg (or at least, what appeared to be Dawg) head around to the other shore, Foss was left in puzzlement.

"What the heck was he talking about? Claiming what's his? What is he planning to do to the others?".

Looking out over the sand, Foss' eyes caught a small, black book, lying out on the sand. Intrigued, he looked through some of the pages. The book was old, and the inscriptions appeared to be a chronicle of some kind;

"this might be useful", he thought, keeping it in a spare pocket, as he cautiously followed behind Dawg.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Just learned that my State is getting at least one plane load of illegals coming in. Surrounding States will also be taking some in. We have soooo many poor people, homeless people living on streets and in tents, unemployed people. Throughout the years with so many illegals, citizens have lost jobs. When ICE used to raid places of employment and deport illegals, every single job was quickly taken by legal citizens. I have seen with my own eyes in my last place of employment where illegals were hired over citizens. I was close to the people in the office and they opened up to me. The higher ups wanted cheaper help.

Legal immigrants came here and had to speak English, but illegals do not care. We have actually had some jobs here and in surrounding States where we were required to speak Spanish in order to get a job that had nothing to do with international business or being a translator. I would never go to another Country and expect them to speak my language or change in any way just for me.

Rant over. Flitpoof.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Story segment...

"Oh Hells TEETH!" Exclaimed TrueBrit, casting about the deck of his ship, trying to figure out how he got there from where he had been before, and for that matter, trying to recall that little detail as well.
"If this keeps happening, I am going to have to seriously consider cutting back on my allowance of rum!", he muttered to himself. Staggering hither and thither, he tried to locate his comrades on the deck, and poked his head below decks to see if anyone was down there, having been unsuccessful in locating his fellow warriors.

"AHOY MATEYS!" He bellowed into the echoing gloom. No response was forthcoming, so to the rat lines he went, and up them he climbed. Upon reaching their summit, he trod carefully across the rigging to the mast, then climbed the narrow ladder to the crows nest. As he clambered into the glorified bucket, he realised that he had left his telescope in his cabin.

He cursed profoundly at the sky, and then, muttering obscene phrases, TrueBrit snagged a piece of air between his fingers, changing its form in a very localised area. He kneaded and squeezed, stretched and moulded that slice of air into a lens, and panned it from side to side. He could see on to forever, and that was more than enough magnification to make out the shapes of the other ships of the fleet, and other members of the warrior clan, milling about on Islands, and the other ships. They were all so far away, but he had to get to them, because only they could possibly help him remember where he had been, or why.

The unrelenting glare of the sun was beginning to singe his beard, and so TrueBrit, amidst further cursing and much shaking of his fists at the sky, grasped a line which had been affixed to the rim of the crows nest, drew his cutlass, and cut the line from the edge of the nest, as he threw himself out over the deck. Plummeting now, still grasping the line, he sheathed his sword, then swung his feet forward, as the line became tight having caught in the rigging. He swung out further from the mast, and at the end of the swing, as he dangled over the poop deck, he dismounted the line and descended, spinning madly to the deck. As he thumped down to the wood beneath in a crouch, he doffed his hat, to reveal a fresh bottle of rum, perched impossibly upon his head.

Snagging the bottle and removing the cork with his teeth, he grunted in determination, spat the cork straight up in the air, drunk half the bottle in a mighty gulp, caught the cork as it descended with the neck of the bottle, and then secreted the bottle back under his hat. " There is much water between myself and my destination. I think that swig was entirely justified!", he pronounced to himself. He made his way to the bridge, summoned his bass guitar to him by an effort of will, and plugged it into the windmaker speakers on the deck. "Time to move some air I think!" he said, and with that he began to hammer the strings with his fingers. In response the speakers slammed pulses of air into the sails, and the ship began to move, slowly at first, and then, suddenly, as the pace of the bass increased, the ship began to accelerate.

"I'm coming back me hearties!"

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join