It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 77
<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

See, I used to live out the back of one of the pubs on our towns seafront, and so the chaos and idiocy are nothing more to me than walls and floors and carpet. Just another part of being at home!

It means that I can enjoy the elements of our town which appeal to me, without being overly perturbed by the behaviour of some of the more cretinous townsfolk!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Good Mornin' True! I mentioned You in my post that I dropped in as the last post , last page. Double Post by the way! If You had dropped yours a fraction of a second sooner, you would have filled in the last slot there! Sounds like ya had a good time last night.
Good for You! Glad to see that.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hello Syx!

Yes, I see your post there! And you are absolutely right, the memory is stored away in The Vault Of Awesomeness!

It's funny how a split second makes the difference between one page and the next sometimes eh?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: Night Star

Yes you are! What did you do with the real Night Star? She would never be up this early. LOL

Just woke up against my wishes as well, having my first cup of coffee and stretching the kinks out from yesterdays chores. Oof!

Looks like to day will be spent cleaning the garage as it is raining.

LOL, I know, sometimes I don't get to bed until like 5am! My sleeping pattern is all over the place! I wish I knew someone with a farm. I could play with the piggies and chickens. LOL

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I know right?
And if ya think about it, a split second makes the difference in a lot of areas of our lives as well! For instance, Like, I can go this way or that way.
When making that decision, either path will usually lead to totally different outcomes!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

True, sounds like you had an awesome time! Once, many moons ago, I used to go to clubs every weekend to see bands.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I spent a lifetime wishing I could live by the sea. I guess I wished my life away. LOL There was one seaside town we used to go for vacations, even day trips. I never wanted to come home. There were beaches, quaint little shops, great restaurants, art galleries...sigh...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Heh... There are not enough good local bands for me to see one EVERY weekend!

But I hear what you are saying about living at the seaside. Personally, I wish I lived on a mountain!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

A mountain just sits there. The ocean moves and is full of life. LOL

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Gotta Fly. Need to go to a waste of time therapy session. It always makes me hurt more after I leave there, than I did before going. They don't care, it's all just money to them I guess......

Laters. Syx.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Mountains are more mobile than one would initially assume! Besides, regions like the Brecon Beacons in Wales, are something that my genetics and body shape are DESIGNED for! I always feel better when I am on a steep climb, than I ever do on flat pavement, or on a beach for that matter !

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

And I am most content and invigorated by the sea.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
Gotta Fly. Need to go to a waste of time therapy session. It always makes me hurt more after I leave there, than I did before going. They don't care, it's all just money to them I guess......

Laters. Syx.

Therapy? You have us, what do you need therapy for?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The chickens are now gone, and I don't know how you can play with two 200+ lbs pigs, unless you like getting knocked over and letting them walk on you.
They are friendly but they do like to push against you, if you're not prepared for when they do, you end up face first in some pig[Snip] which is never nice. Managed to grab a quick power nap and am back to cleaning, but had to take a break to do some lunch.

Hmmm...lunch? It's like my clean at the moment, where to start? Or in this case, what to eat?

And if memory serves me right, Syx's therapy is for his back.
edit on 19-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: spelling

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Night, I don't go to like mental health therapy. It's Physical Therapy for my lower back. Part of me gettin' meds from the Pain Clinic I'm involved in, I have to go to P.T.once a week. I have no idea for how long though. They do a sound wave treatment that is supposed to kinda break up any extra calcium buildup, and/or arthritis in the area that they hit with the waves. Then they put an industrial strength vibrator on my back . It only takes about 10 minutes for the whole thing, so it isn't really that bad as far as the time thing goes, but it makes me hurt a little while later, more than I hurt before I get the treatments...... I've told them this and the Doc just said," Yah it'll be like that until you get used to it."
LOL! I've had 7 treatments so far, and i guess im not used to it yet!! LOL!!!
edit on 19-7-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I know you like being busy, but for Dawgs sake man! Stay away from roofing if your doing PT for your back. I knew that something went DING! in my head when you mentioned roofing a while back. But couldn't put my finger on it till Night asked.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I have had back problems for like 30 years, started young. I have been through therapy, painful serious of shots in my back, meds...Nothing worked well at all. I now have spinal stenosis and other things going on in my back and am in pain even with meds. Sucks!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What no piglets? And...did you eat those chickens? Why are the chickens gone? Why is the rum gone? LOL

edit on 19-7-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I didn't eat the chickens, though I would have if given the opportunity. Two died of natural causes, the other three have disappeared (presumably eaten by local wild life (or possibly stolen) and one is still running around and has seemed to gone feral, she doesn't return anymore, though is spotted from time to time.

That's what happens when you raise free range. I'll be cleaning and converting the chicken coop into the pigs new home. At least that will be easier to clean than their current shed. Also trying not to trash my back again. Stories such as yours have made me leery of any surgery or shots because every one I have talked to who have had such procedures have only little temporary relief. My pain is daily but aspirin seems to be managing it these days. But I sure that you and Syx already know that some days are better than others.

I'm saying screw it for the dedicated garage cleaning for the day, I'll pick at it as the day goes on, but the day is crappy, right now it's 3:30pm and it looks like 8:30pm here. All this grey skies is sapping my energy.
edit on 19-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Pretty grey around here as well. I haven't even been tempted to sit outside with my book.

Yeah, at one time they said surgery would be an option and I was like no way! I have heard the same stories about it doing little or nothing for people and some end up worse off.

new topics

top topics

<< 74  75  76    78  79  80 >>

join