It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

G'morning True!

Want me to braid your hair for you? It will be cooler, lol...

How are you doing today? I read your thread about the idiot causing you grief (re your family business), and am sorry to hear that. Geez, no wonder you're "hot under the collar". Messing with a business' reputation is not to be taken lightly.

Syx...You sound chipper today! I've never heard anybody so happy about 'roofing', lol!

jacy

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

LOL Jacy! Good mornin' to Ya! Here's a few more mugs of Coffee for Ya! Drink up! LOL!!

LOL on the OverTime True! Sometimes we put those through hell!!! Right? And they keep on keepin' on!!

It's good to see You Both This Morning!! I would have answered a little sooner, but was tubin' up some smokes and day dreamin' during that, and didn't notice my plateful of Pancakes and sausage was sitting on the box next to me on a precarious angle o f such degree that is was slowly dripping syrup over the edge!! Then I had to clean up that infernal mess! LOL!!!

Today started out good enough, then when The guy showed up to take us, me and my son to work, he says that he only needs Jake today!
Last night the guy did say that he MIGHT need me today, so I guess It should be NO surprise that I wasn't needed. I usually work with another dude and his crew, but that guy is in the hospital, has been for the last 4 days, from heart attacks. Note I did say that with plural. Over the last month, he has had 3. Blood tests of late proved that......

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

LOL I was happy.... Grrrrr, now kinda pissed. But alas, story of mikes life. LOL!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

No, don't be upset. Maybe you aren't supposed to be there today? Maybe there's a reason.
Be like water, and go with the flow.

Okay, I'll quit being all philosophical and such, hehe. (Good coffee, by the way).

I feel a change in the air. Good things are coming. I can't define it, but it's a 'feeling' I've had recently, and my 'feelings' tend to be spot on, in a rather scary way.
Later today, I'm helping a neighbour's daughter pack up her apartment. The Mom is elderly, and moving in with her daughter. This is the lady who was Macy's (my new cat) previous owner. I think the daughter, who is about my age...and I are becoming fast friends. That's nice, cuz I could use a good friend who isn't thousands of miles away (like all y'all are).

Think positive, Family. The tide has turned, and we are all in for some good luck and happy times.
I can feel it.

jacy

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Good day dear jacy!

I am as well as the situation allows for. I got a little burned while I was out yesterday, despite having plastered on enough sunblock to UV proof an aircraft carrier, so other than the aggravating scenario you alluded to in your response to me, that is my main focus of annoyance today!
With regard to the legal issues, mother has been on the phone all day today, trying to marshal some sort of response, and finalise who is going to be dealing with it, and precisely how.

Worrying about this issue made me significantly less able behind the wheel during my driving lesson yesterday though. All my gear changes were clunky, and my pedal control was poor. The pedal control issue was largely down to me wearing the wrong footwear, but I only neglected to put on the correct driving shoes, because I woke up wanting to tear someones throat out with my teeth, and forgot that I had other footwear than my combat boots. The deck shoes under my bed therefore, remained there.

As for braiding, I have heard that it is cooler, but the last time my hair got braided, I looked like a failed experiment, escaped from Jim Hensons research and development workshop!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Nice sentiments Jacy. Thanx Buddy! And Hey, when I get upset anymore, it usually only lasts for a couple minutes. I used to be real bad and would go off over stupid crap, and destroy things. Not anymore. gettin too old for that! LOL!!!

I'm fine now, but really Thanx for aiming a ray of SunShine/GoodWIll my way!

Glad to see that You have made a New friend! All mine and CC's are back home. I do get along good with my neighbor here though, and that really helps me a lot. He is our kind. Can be deep, and he's not a superficial guy in the least. He does care and offers all the time to help us, if/when we need it. So that's good to know.

Yah, there is something coming after the storm isn't there? Not sure what it is, but like CC told me recently. "After all the Bad Sh-_ that's happened to us lately, it has to get better."

I agree!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

(I'm picturing True's hair standing out at ALL angles in a Wild Ass Fashion!!!!!) LOL!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Hiya Mura! I created George the crow. I thought what a weird name for a crow. LOL But I went with it. I was hoping Dawg would run with the character as well as the wizard. That's why I left them so mysterious.

You can jump into the story anytime. Feel free.

Morning all my Rainbow Warriors!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Good Morning Night!! Nice to see You this morning!!! Hope Your day is Great!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Guys I gotta log-out for a little while. I'll catch Ya's later on. Take Care, Syx.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

True...Well I'm wishing you and your Mom good luck with the legal situation.
As for driving, yes...footwear matters. I learned never to drive a standard in either flip-flops or stilettos, lol...either is an accident waiting to happen.

I'm still chuckling at the Jim Henson comment....made me think of the Sweetums muppet!

Syx...You have a neighbour who is deep and not superficial? Awesome! They are hard to find!

Sorry if there are delays in my responses...cat who doesn't know she's a cat, keeps curling up on my lap...and likes to be cuddled and rocked like a baby. My animals are always such weird people.

jacy

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Night Star!! *hugs* Nice to see you this morning pixie-sis!

Syx...Okay, see you later! *hugs* to CC and you...keep smiling guys!!

jacy

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Hehe! Flip flops? I think it is some kind of illegal to wear flip flops at the wheel here in Blighty. There is too much risk of them getting stuck under a pedal at a crucial moment. There was an incident down my road a little while back, where a three year old had a car reverse into her, breaking her leg in the process, all because the lady at the wheel had caught her flip flop on the clutch or some such thing.

The trouble with my combat boots, is that the soles, although not vastly thick, are very dense, and so it is hard to know when ones foot is actually on the pedal, and also pressure transfer problems through the sole mean that even when one is sure that one has ones foot on the accelerator, one cannot tell by feel alone, how far down one has ones foot. It seems stupid, but when one is concentrating on everything else as well, signals, mirrors, gears and so on, the distribution of ones attention means that the simple process of knowing what angle ones foot is at, is much, MUCH harder than normal. It throws ones concentration on everything else as well!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

George is a character that Night Star created. I asked her if I could use him, so she gets the credit, not me. But I like him and he fits right in.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You'll get the hang of driving with combat boots True. I did it for three decades and it becomes second nature after a bit. Though I must warn you, to actually look at the pedals whenever you are driving a unfamiliar vehicle. I've mashed the clutch and the brakes at the same time before because the pedals were so close together and my boots were to wide. That's always startling!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Agree Dawg, driving itself becomes second nature after a while.

True, NOBODY should ever drive in flip-flops....geez, so dangerous.

I remember once, borrowing a friend's car when mine was broken down. I was used to mine, which was a standard...hers was an automatic. Heading towards a red light, I instinctively slammed my left foot down on the clutch, only it wasn't the clutch of course...it was the brake.
If I hadn't been wearing a seatbelt, I would have likely catapulted right through the windshield. Good thing nobody was right behind me.

Have you had to 'stop' on a steep incline, and use your parking brake (hand brake) yet? That was tricky to master. I kinda miss driving a standard...it feels more like you are actually controlling the vehicle.

jacy

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl

I remember once, borrowing a friend's car when mine was broken down. I was used to mine, which was a standard...hers was an automatic. Heading towards a red light, I instinctively slammed my left foot down on the clutch, only it wasn't the clutch of course...it was the brake.
If I hadn't been wearing a seatbelt, I would have likely catapulted right through the windshield. Good thing nobody was right behind me.

Have you had to 'stop' on a steep incline, and use your parking brake (hand brake) yet? That was tricky to master. I kinda miss driving a standard...it feels more like you are actually controlling the vehicle.

jacy

Been there and have done that as well. I prefer a manual transmission too. After I got rid of my Ranger (Manual) and switched to my Cherokee (Automatic) I noticed my hand always waving around trying to find the shifter wanting to shift gears...LOL. Took about a month before that particular muscle memory went away.
edit on 17-7-2014 by TDawgRex because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

hahaha...yeah...I haven't owned a standard in years, but I still find myself driving with my left hand on the wheel, and my right hand sitting on the console shifter (glad I don't have a column shifter).
For some reason it makes me feel 'cool'....like I'm in a sporty little number, ready to do some Tokyo drift!

It's fine. I'm quite comfortable with my weirdness.

jacy

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hiya Jacy, True and Dog and whoever else is around! Still sleepy, need more coffee. Not quite functioning yet.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I know I will eventually Dawg, but while I have been making good progress (until yesterday), I am not yet familiar enough with the feeling of pedals under my feet, to be able to drive with so little feedback through my footwear. Combat boots make me leaden footed on the accelerator, and finding the biting point on the clutch is like watching a blind man try to knock down a tree with a feather, in that it is futile, and frustrating for the one attempting it!

If I was going to drive in combats at this stage, the clutch, accelerator, and brake pedals would all have to be stiffened up to create the correct amount of feedback!

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join