It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 359
<< 356  357  358    360  361  362 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
a reply to: Night Star

WELL DONE Night!
AND Foss, Jacy and Cody Too!!! YAY!!
The Shed strikes again!!! LOL

Can't say I'm surprised. We did get famous for our writing in the shed after all.

Congrats to all!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Oh wow, I'll be picking the next topic again. LOL I Have an idea, but am willing to consider any suggestions.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

Congratulations to all the Short Story winners.

Night, right up there in first place. You go girl!!!!

Life has been keeping me so busy. We have had a good snow base up here and it has brought alot of snowmobilers.

Plus, I have been preparing a room for starting my garden this year from seeds.

We have the shelves built. We tiered them so not only can we raise or lower the lights but we can also move the plants further away from the light as the time comes to plant them outside.

They have a seed library up here that anyone can take from and also give seeds. Since this is my first year I don't have any seed to give, so I will take some seeds this spring and then share what I get out of my garden this summer.

So far I have tomato's (small salad tomato's and a larger kind for sliced tomato's). Pole Beans, crooked neck squash, and green peppers.
I plan on going to the garden shop and picking up a few more things. I'd like to also have some beets and lettuce's and Jalapeno's.

Then when the spring comes, we have to set up solar fed electrical fences to TRY to keep the deer out. The deer are going to be the biggest challenge. People feed them, so they consider a human home as a source of food.
I have been told by DNR that you can train them with these fences. The current is very lite. They touch their wet nose's to the metal and it give's them a little shock. I have been assured that it cause's no harm the animal.
I understand there are other little tricks, but I won't be hearing about them til the next gardener meeting.

As busy as I am right now, I told the kids the new puppy may have to be put on the back burner. Unless they really step up to the plate and help out. I understand they are young and want to do there own thing. They are good. They work very hard at their jobs, and I am very proud of them. I just can't do everything myself. But we will see. I'm really looking forward to having a new puppy too.

I have not had a chance to go back and read everything I have missed. I hope everyone is doing well.

I am going to start reading the entries of the story thou. And I hope to have the time to read everyone's stories.

OK, I am off to make dinner.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: cody599
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Cheers Gbro

It'll be a lot harder next time, I'll have to enter as a writer LOL

Cody

Hahaha! I got scared when I first got my writer's status. LOL

...and..... and .... no one..... (sniff) even..... noticed....... m i ne....

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Ha Ha I see you Gordi.

Congrates to you too.

Hope you are doing well.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Gordi, there are so many Shed people in that list it should be party time here.

You did well. 7th place is a good place.

Sadly, in this world of ours, anything out of the top three and ..... yeah.

But that is how the world works.

You did good mate. It was a very nice story.

I liked it.

P

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Crap!

Two and a half years on a waiting list and finally get the appointment.

It is with the Pain Management Center. Apparently to get the pain meds I am on, I have to have this appointment.

Now I can get nervous for a week. These people will decide if I can continue to get my pain meds or not.

The 'not' makes be very nervous.

Oh well, such is life I suppose.

P

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Good to see you Kat! That seed bank sharing thing sounds awesome!!!!! You'll have to share pics once your garden starts growing.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Gordi, I enjoyed your story as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I hope you get to stay on the pain meds you need. I suffer with pain every day of my life. Sometimes it is manageable but if I push myself to do more than I know I am capable of, I will literally cry it hurts so bad. I don't push myself anymore if it can be helped.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I went for my test today and while I was waiting there, there was an elderly gentleman who had waited at least an hour when someone finally came out and told him that the machine he needed to be tested with was screwing up and was being fixed.

I sat waiting with my sister and told her I hoped it wasn't the same machine they were going to use on me. 48 minutes later, the same lady comes out saying the machine was down and we would have to re-schedule. What the hell is wrong with people, they couldn't tell me when they told him? Even if they thought it might be fixed, after like 15 or 20 minutes they could have given us the option to keep waiting or re-schedule. Now I can't go until April.

Went out to eat and the restaurant had this balloon guy making animals out of balloons for kids. I pouted and said to my friend, I want a balloon! So after we paid our bill, we went to the balloon guy and my friend said, "Do you make balloons for big kids like this one?". She pointed to me and we laughed. He said, "Anyone from 3 to 103. I got a balloon shaped into a hello kitty. Bow in the hair and all. LOL He had a donation box, so we both donated.

When I came home and brought Mom some things she wanted at the stores we went to, she asked where I got the balloon. I told her. She laughed and said, "You're never going to grow up are you?" I said, "No way!!!"

I'm going to be 57 in April and yes I still love balloons!

edit on 24-2-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Hey pheonix,
Sorry to hear about your situation.

I have never experienced the kind of pain you have, but I have hurt my back at one time, and it literally made me sick to my stomach. I suppose having a fear of terrible pain to come back would be very scary.
I will keep you in my prayers.

Hi Night,

Well, you know how bad I am with this computer. I'm slowly getting there.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hi again Kat!
OMG, I forgot to share this pic my sister took of my little great Niece with a couple of the Valentine gifts I gave her. One was a necklace kit she obviously put together and wore and the cute heart wand. Isn't she adorable????

I don't get to see her too often though. She looks like a little angel.
Full of energy! I would love to have one quarter of the energy she has. LOL

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Two days late but...It's my 7 year ATS Anniversary!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Oh she is just precious. I just love kids at this age. They are so loving and giving and have such wonderful imaginations.

Do you two ever colaborate stories together? Something I never did with my kids that I regret, was not recording them telling stories. They can be so animated.

Hope your staying warm. I'm starting to get alittle cabin fever myself.

Happy Aniversary

edit on 25-2-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I know, kids at that age are awesome!! Her name is Elizabeth and she will be 4 soon. I don't get to see her much. I spend a lot of time with little Cody who is 5 and he is sooooo amusing. I have never met a kid quite like him. I never know what he's going to come up out with and he cracks me up. He is bright and imaginative and creative. Amazing little guy! He lives in the same apartment building as me, so I see him often. He loves to help his parents and will shovel and rake with his own little shovel and rake. LOL He insists on helping and doing things. LOL

I hope your day is going well. I am dying for Spring and warmer weather. I rarely ever complain about the cold, but find Winters too long, grey and dreary. I long for the trees and flowers to bud, the greenery and open windows. Sigh... Around here, it is still cold in April, but we should be good by May.

Hello all Sheddites. We will need a new Shed thread soon. Jacy!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you are paying attention. I know you are there peeking in. The dragons have reported seeing you in other threads. Oh yes, we're keeping our eye on you. LOL

Wishing a lovely day to all.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

To answer Your Questions: "How did a Dragon learn to change form? Did it just come to your mind or did you have help?"

I had lived many a year as a Dragon. Upon finding the Shed, I realized I could Shape Shift! Ever since then I have been able to Shift at will into Human form, and back into Dragon form! It has been a very handy attribute, to say the least!!

I realized That I am A Reincarnated Soul. I was originally Human. That is why I can shift into a Human, and back to Dragon.

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Happy anniversary Night Star!

This site is lucky to have such a wonderful, warm, and intrinsically good person as one of its members, never mind such a creative person as you!

Here's to many more years of membership!

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Congratulations to All The Shedders Who made The winners Lists in the Dragon Themed Writing Contest!!! Way To GO You Guys, and Gals!! I am very proud to Know all Of You!
You are an Awesome and Talented Group!!!!!! I am proud to be able to call You ALL Friends!!!!!!

edit on 25-2-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Happy anniversary Night Star!

This site is lucky to have such a wonderful, warm, and intrinsically good person as one of its members, never mind such a creative person as you!

Here's to many more years of membership!

Very kind of you to say kind Sir! Thank you so much!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 356  357  358    360  361  362 >>

join