It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 145
<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Welcome back Jane! I was looking at Google earth and always thought of GCHQ as being in London and bigger than it is. Guess ya learn something new everyday. Nice little town from the looks of things though. I hope you enjoy it.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hello Dear ones.

Cancer Doc was concerned about my feet and legs being swollen and all the inflammation. Sent me right away to have an ultra sound to see if I had any blood clots. Thankfully the test showed I didn't have any. Now he wants me to see my regular Doc about it. So...tomorrow afternoon I see her. I see more tests coming. Mark is still in the hospital...diabetes was out of control and they think he has some kind of infection so being treated with antibiotics. He says he might come home tomorrow. I laughed and said they always say that so don't get your hopes up in case. Poor guy still feels like crap.

I'll have to look into getting some kind of medical insurance. It will cost me thousands either way. Mark has coverage but still pays a fortune for things.

My brother from South Carolina is still here. We went out for Chinese food tonight with my other brother and my sister. Very nice little get together.

Oh Dawg, guess what little Cody left in a jar outside on the table? A big fat ugly spider!!!!!!

edit on 4-9-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

At least you know that when you have medical probs, you have the sense to see a doc. Myself am not that smart, While I like to think I have tons of common sense, I always try to heal myself first before going to a doctor. And on top of that, I do have insurance...so I definitely have a serious hole in any common sense I possess when it comes to my own health. I think it must be a guy thing. My last GF always harassed me to go to a bi-annual check-up. Of course she was an idiot as well, cause when she had a brain bleed/stroke one night and I recognized the symptoms, she didn't want to go to the ER. That was a scary time for me and it definitely changed her as well. She became quite mean afterwards, and I do mean scary mean. I had to leave her in the long run.

My Dad, who is quite aged as well, refers to his many doctors appointments as his social time...and a chance to get away from Mom for a bit as well.

God bless my little secret agent Cody! Good boy!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

At least you know that when you have medical probs, you have the sense to see a doc. Myself am not that smart, While I like to think I have tons of common sense, I always try to heal myself first before going to a doctor. And on top of that, I do have insurance...so I definitely have a serious hole in any common sense I possess when it comes to my own health. I think it must be a guy thing. My last GF always harassed me to go to a bi-annual check-up.

Definitely a guy thing - I probably should have had my leg looked at, as would barely support my weight for a couple weeks. Well, because I wasn't dying (which my parents always said would be the only reason I'd go in), I let it go, until it started to hurt again. Thankfully, all that needed to be done was to "pop" it back into place, which I did, and can now walk and run again.

My my now-ex, she would have practically sent me into the ER if I mentioned that it was still hurting after a day; nor would she have even let me leave the couch.

And Welcome Back Jane!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

God bless my little secret agent Cody! Good boy!

Ah ha, I should have known you had something to do with that!

My Dad, who is quite aged as well, refers to his many doctors appointments as his social time...and a chance to get away from Mom for a bit as well.

Hahahahaha!!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Glad your leg is better Foss!!

Yeah, Mark could have died on me a number of times had I not made him go to the hospital. A few times we had doctors tell him they couldn't believe he was still walking.

I hate going to the doctors with a passion and wish I could just avoid the whole thing altogether. My family is always on my butt to keep or make appointments. Guess we all need a good kick in the pants once in a while. LOL

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Just as an aside Night, if you had read or watched Stephen Kings "IT" you would know that the clown pic I posted was Pennywise...who in reality was a huge intelligent spider from space.
IT could project itself as a clown to lure it's victims.

Good book, ya oughta check it out. I'm amazed that no one caught on to that..
Yea, I know...I have a odd sense of humor.
edit on 4-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I had seen the movie but don't remember the spider part. Maybe I didn't want to. LOL

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Hi Dawg,
GCHQ is BIG...most of it (7 storeys I believe) are underground.

When I was pregnant with my first daughter, I foolishly read IT. Parts of the book nearly put me into early labour! Far scarier than the film as is usually the case.

Foss my darling, Your crystals are living with my other dowsers
They seem very happy with that. Now I have moved and will have some free windows in the next few weeks, I am going to look into getting the aqua aura mounted as a pendulum too.

Thanks for the welcome back guys......

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Good to hear that you appear to be dealing with something mundane Night Star! I also hope that Mark recovers his situation, and looks after himself well enough that you are not constantly in fret mode! It can be damned tiring, and you need your energy for YOU!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hi peeps,

Sorry, had to rush off last time, Callum's birthday NINTH!!!!! ughh, and band practices keep getting in the way.

TRUE/CODY - I'm doing fine guys.
I had to get my knee re-strapped, (it hadn't healed as much as I had hoped) but apart from that everything's hunkydory.

I have taken our Jacy's advice and put a wee submission into the current writing contest in the Short Stories section of ATS, all about PANDEMICS!! LINK TO the PANDEMIC writing contest thread
There are some great entries there already, and mine feels rushed and amateurish now that I've read the others but hey-ho, at least I'm giving it a go!! and exercising the old grey matter at the same time!

The boys had great birthdays. The Forest Party was Awesome, and Chrissie is now away embarking on her Forest School Supervisor Training course!! So she can become a Forest School Instructor!!! **applause**

Hope you are all doing great!
Nice to see some old faces around again, we miss you when you're not here!

Any word from Tsu?

Check in please Jacy?

Let me know if any of you pop into the short story contest thread?
I'd love to know what you all think.... HEY!! why not get your own submissions in??

Laterz,
G

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hiya Gordi! I didn't want to make an entry in that contest. I wish they would have picked another topic. I mean, I love all the movies on such a topic, but it's pretty much the same old thing...disease comes from somewhere and people die. LOL I just couldn't see myself being creative enough to make that interesting enough to read.

They are sending Mark home soon. They have his diabetes under control and figure the vertigo will go away. He is still dizzy! GRRRR. My appointment is later today.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Hi Night!
Yeah, I know what you mean, but I think I've approached the subject from a slightly different angle?? Go See!! LOL

Good news about Mark. My dizzy thing seems to have eased quite a bit in the last few days, so I am sticking with my "positive thinking - It's just a minor inner ear infection" policy!!!!

Gx

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Good afternoon Shedders!

Good luck with your appointment today Night! And breathe deep...as they say, this too shall pass.

Well, today is my last day ...again, for a week. Heading out to visit family so the interwebz will have to wait, much farmwork and visiting to do. I just dread the 8+ hour drive. I wonder how my back will handle it. It'll be an experience I'm sure. I love road trippin' but not to fond of the pain it may cause. I guess we'll see.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I wish you, and your lumbar region, the very happiest of travels Dawg! I hope also, that your visit with family, and all the frameworks you hope to lay, go off without a hitch, or at least wind up being successful ventures, and nourishing to your soul!

Godspeed traveler, and farewell!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thanks! That's quite the send off.

I picked up the rental car as I don't trust my truck at the moment and am hopelessly and hilariously out classed at the moment. I feel like I've gone from a simple vehicle to a shuttle out of Star Trek. This thing has so many bells and whistles and LED lights and buttons and knobs, satellite radio, etc, etc. It was the first time I've been nervous driving in a long time.

Gonna do a late lunch and read over the owners manual and then take it out and beat on it for a bit just to see what it can and cannot do.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
a reply to: TrueBrit

Gonna do a late lunch...... and then take it out and beat on it for a bit just to see what it can and cannot do.

DDIG!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

LMAO

Thanks Gbro that's a trip to the hospital now *OUCH*

Seriously worth it

I'll be on the floor crying,

Cody

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Dirty mind! LOL

I already know what "That" can do...now I just have to take the car out and beat it a bit.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Is that not called a "moving violation" where you are from?

God... I am soooo terrible!

Red Chevy huh? I saw the inside of a Ford Mondeo last years model, or maybe the year before. It was a taxi I stepped into. I honestly thought I had fallen into a hole in space time, leading to some whacky place where every car was part TARDIS. SO MANY LIGHTS!

top topics

<< 142  143  144    146  147  148 >>

join