It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The Shed 2

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:30 PM
Just got back from "beating" the car and I must say...I DON'T LIKE IT! But I'm stuck with it. Pisses me off to no end as I made a reservation days in advance requesting specifically for them not to give me what they did. I intend to write a stern letter. (Like that will do a lot)

The transmission is the weirdest part of it. It's a automatic/manual tranny. No clutch, but you HAVE to go through the gears by pushing up on the shifter. WTH! This isn't a video game! Either make it manual, or automatic.

I did manage to program the radio though, so I will be rocking out as I cruise down the highway. And since it's XM/Sirius I also found a Chicago traffic that's a plus.

If I didn't have to go home...I would tell the company to pound salt. This attitude of you'll take what we give you and you'll pay for it pisses me off. I have half a mind to go to a buddy who is a county sheriff and have his guys tear the car apart looking for but not finding any contraband. Let the dogs urinate on the seats, take the door panels off, etc.

It better get the gas mileage they say it does otherwise I know I'll really be pissed off.

Yea, I'm still in angry mode.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:59 PM
a reply to: TDawgRex

Oh dear... operation totally cheesed off commencing!

What the hell is the point in learning to drive an automatic, unless you happen to have some sort of disability that is? I just want to know, because I for the life of me, cannot understand why anyone would have a problem with a good old fashioned manual gearbox. I am only just learning now, and if this complete douchesocket (points at himself) can figure out how to do it, then I really cannot see what all the fuss is about!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:13 PM
a reply to: TrueBrit

Europe still has common sense when it comes to vehicles it seems these days. American vehicles are getting more and more complex. I'm sure the fad will reach there as well. It's annoying.

I'm a manual guy myself, but am comfortable with a automatic. It only takes a week or so of pushing down on a non existent clutch and waving my right hand around trying to shift gears before I get the hang of things again.

But this tranny is even beyond's just so's not right. I haven't even left yet, and I can't wait for this trip to be over.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:41 PM

Well thats just the thing, I keep seeing automatics around, and I am constantly driven to just staring at them, thinking "my God, its full of morons!". I mean, people actually pay to have a car which is MORE likely to fail on them than a regular one...

Mind... Broken...Must...Insert... Beer!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:54 PM

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Mind... Broken...Must...Insert... Beer!

Yea...that's a good idea.

Maybe a beer or few will calm me down.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:04 PM
Time to hit the hay and rest up for the trip in the "Caaaaar of Doooooom!...Doooooom!...Doooooom!" this coming morn.

Wish me luck and see y'all next Sunday!. I'll check in if and when I can.

Take care all.
and of course...
edit on 5-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:30 PM
Aha, so I am the last poster in the thread for the night

Well, where to begin - it's that kind of a mood for writing a story (I've got thunderstorms in my area, and wind too). But on the plus side, I was able to make a little cash with some other rocks in my collection that needed a new home.

Hope everyone's doing alright, although I will be at a bonfire tomorrow, so you may not hear much from me this weekend.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:37 PM
a reply to: fossilera

I haven't hit the hay quite yet Foss. The storm is headed my way so I know I'll be driving through it, though hopefully sleeping through it before hand.

And I know for a fact, if I survive my journey, I'll be at a bonfire this weekend as well. Surrounded by family. But I'm still wondering which one I should toss in as a sacrifice.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:01 PM
Wow, My puter is finally cooperating with me. I've been trying to post for a few hours now, and for whatever reason, the contraption would not let me do anything except read posts. Couldn't get into my messages, could not get any response from 'reply' in the posts, or at the top or bottom of the pages, etc, etc , etc......

Hi EVERYONE!! I Missed You ALL!!!

So we made it back late last night from a great trip. So great in fact, we DID NOT want to return here! ( No I don't mean the Shed, I mean this town......)
We planned on a day or two back home, but my old neighbor wanted us to stay with them so we did. We went to the Open Range and Shot some of his guns! Was a Blast! He had a 12 Gauge, and a 10 Gauge ShotGuns, that I shot. CC shot the 12 Gauge and Loved it! She also shot the guy's Pistol, and His Mini-14! She did Great too!! I had fun with Pistol, and an old rifle, the Mini-14 as well and loved that one the most!! (Pics at the bottom here.)

The guy also gave me my First Tattoo! So Yah I'm 52 yrs old, but better late than never! It's like 5 inches tall, and about 5-1/2 wide. Yes it is My Blue Wyvern Avatar Here! I thought it fitting considering that design was on a pin I had bought as a youth, then it ended up on these pages, so It just HAD to be my first Tatt!!! It was only the Third Tat the guy has done! I think he did a Kick Ass Job!!!!!!

Click on the ThumbNails for larger images.

edit on 5-9-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:17 PM
Wow Syx, that tattoo is gorgeous!!!!!!!!

Foss, I would love to see your collection of rocks and gems.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:19 PM
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night!!! I know Right!! I love It!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:30 PM

TDawg! I hope You enjoy YourSelf on your trip back home! You will be crusin right by my place, kinda, on your journey. I'll drop my address into your U2U and maybe you can swing by here on your way back home, if ya want a little diversion.

Whether ya do or not, Like I said, I do hope you have a good time!!! See Ya round Bud!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:36 PM
My regular doc is putting me on another blood pressure pill, one with a diuretic. My pulse rate is always too high and I need the diuretic because I am sooooo swollen. So I will be on two blood pressure meds. Of course the new med was supposed to be faxed over to the pharmacy and I don't know what happened, but it wasn't at the pharmacy. Now it's the week end and can't get ahold of the doctor until Monday.
I had to have a chest x ray today too.

Don't know what it will cost me to get medical. The deductables for the lowest cost coverage is crazy. It will cost me a fortune even with medical. I have to get rid of my CD at the bank. I will use the money from that to get caught up with the medical bills I have and get myself some shoes and boots and clothes that I might need. I will never get help with anything financially as long as I have money like that in the bank. It was a comfort having because I only make 1,076.00 per month.

Anyway, that is my up-date. I am extremely nervous and worried and sad and just need to try to relax for a while.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:40 PM
Syx, LOVE the colors in your avatar. I love the purple, blues and greens.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:53 PM
a reply to: Night Star

EDIT: Deleted post. I confused myself. LOL! I picked up a head cold too while I was back home and it is making me more brain fuzzy than I normally am. So I'm outta here to get some rest.
Good Night Shed!!

edit on 6-9-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 12:53 AM
Goodnight and sweet dragon dreams Syx.

Ok, I broke down and added a story for that pandemic thingy. LOL

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:25 AM
a reply to: SyxPak

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:18 AM

Nice ink dude!

That's an awesome job for a third bit of work! You are never too old. A customer of ours got a kanji for her dead dog on her wrist, and she is well into her seventies!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:45 AM
a reply to: cody599

Cody and True, I know Nice Right?!? And the price was perfect! The guy said it would normally be around 400 bucks for this Tat.
He charged me NOTHING!!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:56 AM

Mama said never refuse anything free. If it is worth it.

My trip is delayed...hmmm, oh what the hell. I ate something bad apparently. Or maybe it's nerves? But undertaking a road trip with the case of the runs is never a good idea.

Worst vacay eva! And it hasn't even started yet!

edit on 6-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>