It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 143
<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Well, Thursday is a way off yet. There is a whole day to enjoy tomorrow, if you can, so I suggest getting some YOU time in!

As for the rest of it *HUGGLES*

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Going out to lunch now. Huggles back!!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hi guys

Mura you make me jealous that you love your job so much, I just spend all day getting bored nowadays

Gbro Good to see you man

Night [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Hugs]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

True If you're the bar steward of repute mines a scotch and coke

Dawg NO NO and thrice NO to the clowns they terrify me

Every one I hope you are all well and in fine spirits

Cody

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hi Cody!!!

A lot of people are afraid of clowns. I just think they are ugly as hell. LOL

OMG It was so hot and humid today I thought I was going to melt into a puddle. Didn't do much and came home early. I was in too much pain and hot and miserable from the heat and Linda and I were both tired today. At least I got Mom a Birthday present to put aside for the 18th and more yarn that I needed. Oh and a hot fudge sundae. YUMMMMMY!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Finally - it's actually cool outside tonight!

Well, I certainly could tell it's back-to-school season, as I had the inexperienced kids driving slowly in front of me, parents that forgot they have to take their kids to class riding my...bumper, because they were running late, and of course the older kids driving erratically because it was their last year.

And, I came across no less than three accidents along my route home today; was grumbling about staying late, until I saw that all accidents happened probably around a time that I would have been there, had I not been late.

Hope the rest of the Shed is doing alright, and Night - dwell not on the past, for it has happened already; focus on now, and the future looks much brighter

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Thanks Honey! Glad you didn't get into any accidents yesterday.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Message from our Dear Jacy_

"On Saturday evening my partner and I had to take his mother to the hospital. We thought she was having a heart attack...turned out she had a dislocated shoulder.
She is almost 88, Portuguese...with Altzheimers. I am one of her caregivers (she is still living alone in her house).
Right now...she has to wear a sling on her arm for 2 weeks, and cannot be left alone. She keeps trying to take it off, doesn't remember what happened AT ALL! and can't do anything, like prepare food.
Because everyone else in the family works, I am having to spend the days with her. It is so stressful on me...and my partner (her son) is on the brink of a nervous breakdown lately.
So much stress....every day I just am thankful to go to sleep at night to escape. Pretty sad.
I just wanted to explain my absence...maybe you could tell the others? I'm pretty sad (miserable actually), and can't go online when I'm at her house.
I hope you are doing well...I can't wait to get my life back, so I can spend some time in The Shed. I miss you all, and am feeling pretty sorry for myself.
Love and Hugs to you, and the rest of the Shed family.
jacy/Jane

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I finally convinced Mark to go to the emergency room as he has been sick and dizzy for weeks and hardly eating. After the suspected mini stroke of his last visit, he shouldn't be ignoring his health. Have to get dressed and ready to go. Prayers please.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Night, thanks for the message, I'll sms her right away

Glad you convinced Mark to go to hospital, you are one of the loyalist people I know

Foss Glad you made it safely my friend

I'm joining the ABC (All buggered and crippled) of the shed for a day or 2, just did my back in at work LOL *ouch.......Note to self don't laugh*

Nothing serious though I'll be right as rain again in no time. Nothing a quick massage from the cuddle monster won't sort out

Cody

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Oh bless her heart.

If you have the technology, pass her my warmest possible regards! Also, well done for getting Mark to go to the hospital. He may not deserve one iota of the concern that you have for him, but its beautiful that you have it anyway!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

I say, have you crocked yourself matey?

Thats no bloody good is it? I have found that certain herbs, when ground up extremely finely, and mashed with oils in a pestle and mortar, can make a bloody good topical rub for the purpose of relaxing the muscles around aggravated nerves. Its just a thought!

I hope you manage to restrain yourself from over doing anything during your recovery, and that it is as speedy as is healthy, but I really recommend making certain that you give yourself enough time to heal.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hi True

I have indeed done myself in ............................. or more to the point my minion needs to bloody well listen and learn how to lift, over compensating my friend is what did the deed, or so I think.

I use tiger balm, a nice warm bath, a scotch and the missus ..................works a treat
It''ll be a tad painful tomorrow but as I work (carefully) it'll free up

More importantly ........................... Have you met a certain young lady yet ? And how is your driving coming along ?

Cody

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Well, regarding the young lady in question, I did not see her in the bar last night (and had she been there, I certainly would have). However, as with last weeks attempt, I did gain some information about her. She is known by several people with whom I was sitting during what I will now refer to as Hour 1, the first time I met her. Those people were all in the bar last night, and had within their mobile telecoms devices, several had hilarious pictures of me with my arms uncharacteristically around the shoulders of two women, one of whom was the lady in question, not to mention other pictures of me basically being an example of your typical drunken metalhead.

However, one of the people who was there, when questioned, reported (in company who would have protested had he borne false witness), that he, the lady in question, and another woman, had shared a three way snog directly after I left. Also, upon seeing the photographs of the lady in question, things have become obvious, which had eluded my drunken memory of her.

One should not, from that statement, assume that I was incorrect in thinking that her eyes contain all the light of a thousand galaxies, or indeed that her face is of such stunning form that one could be forgiven for thinking that she must charm the birds from the trees with a mere wink. Those aspects of my recollection are PERFECT. However, what did not seem obvious on the night in question, nor indeed upon my recollection of that night, what I learned from the photographs, is that she is clearly MUCH younger than I am. This was confirmed by another of her acquaintences, who told me that she was "Oh...Hell I don't know exactly, but somewhere between eighteen and twenty". So at best there are nine years between us, and at worst thirteen years between us.

This information, coupled with the fact that she aparantly involves herself in random three way snogfests, leads me to believe that as stunning as she is, and as sweet as she can be, she may be too young for me in several important respects, chronologically, and indeed psychologically. People offered me her number last night, but given the data I accumulated over the course of the evening, I think I was right to refuse on at least two grounds. First of all, a persons contact details should only be shared by that person, and I would have felt creepy getting her number from someone and just calling her up, even if I was not concerned that the age and behavioural differences between us would create serious conflicts of interest. Second, the more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that her interest in me was purely a product of a chemically induced need to physically interact with someone, and temporary at that. That would explain the sheer absurdity of such a beautiful woman deeming it a good idea to approach me, of all people, and the fact that no sooner had I left, than she had her tongue down at least two throats at near enough one time.

So in short, hope is a toxic thing, and I am seriously considering giving it up before it kills me.

The driving however, is coming along quite nicely. At some point over the next couple of months, if I continue to improve, my instructor tells me that he would like for us to do a little road trip to London, take in some sights, get a bite to eat, and generally have a right old time of it. Hes a bloody maniac as well, so that should be a laugh and a half!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Oh chivalrous one, I fear you live in the wrong age.

A lack of maturity in a relationship (mentally, and emotionally) is a recipe for a broken heart and disaster. I would never wish that upon you my friend.

She's out there True ...................... your soul mate ..................... She'll rock up exactly at the time you least expect it, trust me my friend, I know this. NEVER give up hope, hope is drive to carry on when all else has failed. When one is at the very rock bottom of one's life........................Body bruised..................Soul torn apart.................. and all is lost.

There is only one way to go.................................Up

Not that you need that advice it just kinda slipped out, a song I wrote years ago LOL

As for London...........................Give me a shout bro

Cody

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Heh... the wrong age?

Hell, I had that figured out when I realised that none of the men folk of my parish carried swords on a day to day basis!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

LMAO

You and I both bro ......................... You and I both

Cody

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
So Cody has a boo boo. Hope your back feels better soon. You are lucky in that it will heal. My back pain is forever.

Ah True, I don't know what a snog is but if it's a three way...well, it doesn't sound good. You deserve a lovely young woman with class and I know you will find her or...she will find you.

Well, with Mark they think he may have vertigo and his blood sugar was out of whack. I stayed for a couple of hours but left because it would take a while yet for results from blood tests. I said I love you before I left and he said I love you too. Oh don't worry I'm not fool enough to get my hopes up. I know he loves me as a friend. Hell, we've known each other forever.

I forgot what the doc said exactly but either it's an inner ear thing/vertigo or something with the brain. I chuckled and said to Mark, "I told you there was something wrong with your brain." LOL

Tomorrow is my turn to learn what my blood tests reveal. Keep praying my dear friends.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I herby pronounce Sir True and Sir Cody as Knights of the Rainbow Warriors and I get to be the princess with beautiful long gowns and pretty jewelry.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I think they call it "Frenching" over the water there.

As for a lady with class... As I said, hope is sometimes a very toxic thing!

Oh, and we ALL know there is something wrong with his brain, but thats another matter entirely!
I really hope that your tests come back with good news, or at least, news that is not one hundred and ten percent terrible! I also hope that Marks condition improves, if only for your sake!

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Aww thanks Honey!

top topics

<< 140  141  142    144  145  146 >>

join