It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hello Night Star!

My goodness, it has been a day of massively rude people! The folks at the shop next door reacted badly when we asked them for money, after they locked themselves out and secured our services to get them back in, and some horrible bint gave myself and my mother a hard time about keys that we cut, despite her not being the person who had bought them in to be cut in the first place, AND the fact that the ladies son had given me the wrong keys to cut from in the first place!

What an awful day! To make matters worse, there has been little actual trade! Thankfully, since we have had new stock in (which I helped unload last night at half past nine at night) we have been busy putting that stock away on the shelves and re-organising certain aspects of our shelving arrangements. I think the display of small paint tins is going to be successful.

I hope everyone else has been having an acceptable day!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Good Morning to You, and EveryOne Here! Hope today Fills EveryOne's needs, and treats You All Well!!!

True, Like I said, "Some People", eh? LOL !! Man I don't know what makes some people tick. They act like the World owes them a Favor!!!

NightStar, I liked the Pic You posted on the bottom of the Last Page here! Very Nice!!!

Jacy, Foss, Gordy, anyone else I missed that was in yesterday, Hey!!!

(Do I hear a Dawg Barking?!?!?!)
edit on 29-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Nope, that ain't me barking. Still laying low. Still ornery at local and world events.

How's the back after Syx Flags?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Good. kinda. The place was closed. But open to residents of Gurnee, IL. So I told em we hadn't changed our ID's yet, which is Not a lie, and they said, come on in! Alas, the big coasters were not running. (My Luck as usual when planning something! See I told Ya's!) But a tame one was running so we rode it a few times. Some other kiddy rides were up too. There were only maybe 30 people there total. Would have been nice if I could have gotten my Coaster Fix!

The Dawg Barking comment was cause I saw you had just posted on a Thread I had just read. LOL!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Sorry you had to deal with rude folks today True. They're everywhere!

Hiya Syx and Dawg!

Had a nice long nap. Going to start work on my crocheted baby blanket. I chose a cream color and if it's a girl I will weave in pink ribbon with ribbon roses along the edge. If it's a boy, not sure yet what I will decorate it with. Maybe a cute giraffe embroidered patch or something. Still have those Indian earrings I can work on too. There is a feary ring I want to make and...lots of other things too.

OMG Labor Day weekend... September 1st was always my Anniversary date.
I should be thinking of which nice restaurant we could be going to. I should be creatively wrapping a gift. I should be all happy and smiley and excited and proud....sigh...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Hi Night. Sorry bout Sept. 1st being tied to old memories. Maybe try to make it memorable for something new! Like come in here and be silly all day! LOL!!! I know, like who will see it right? I hate winter, but am looking forward to it for the main reason, that hopefully, it will be busy in here once again!!!
I miss hangin out all day with everyone. Ya know?
Keep Your Chin Up Young Lady! No pouting, or you will just have to sit in the corner for a time out!!!

EDIT: Night, I'm not trying to be cold here. Just wanted to try to make You Smile.

edit on 29-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Evening Shedooligans!

I'm busy wrapping presents for wee Dougies 5th birthday tomorrow!
Can't believe he's FIVE!!!

We're having a "forest party" for him, Callum and 10 of their friends on Sunday.
They get to head out into the woods in an organised group, and under instruction, learn how to do "outdoorsy" stuff, like building a shelter, camp fire, wooden tools and toys etc.

Should be cool!

G

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Yah they do grow up fast Gordy! Hope he has a fun day tomorrow. The plans do sound fun!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Good on you for providing a real education for the wee Doug. I hope he remembers all that you have given him. Be careful though, I remember when my Dad taught me about explo....um, never mind.

HE wasn't to pleased I remembered that stuff.
But it was fun and good times and no one got hurt.
Though we did burn down one garage and blew the door off of another.
edit on 29-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Leaves are already turning here in Ohio. It's gonna be a early fall I believe. As long as it's not a early winter, I'm OK with that. (Not after last year) But I like winter as well, just as long as it is on its way out by March.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Happy Birthday to the small fellow!

Good morning Gordy, just dropping by to say I hope that all parties have a glorious time, and that I hope that the weather remains decent long enough for giggles, cake, and outdoor pursuits to be partaken of without risk of hypothermic shock!

Once again, many happy returns to the little dude!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Thanks SYX, DAWG and TRUE!
Much appreciated.

(Doug.... I think we may be related!!! LOL BOOM!)

Nothin' beats the great outdoors, and I'm lucky enough to be able to reach a few good forests within a couple of miles here.
There are wee lochans (I think I posted pics before?), nice streams/rivers/ponds, forest trails etc and just a wee bit further out there are river walks, proper mountains, the sea (45mins) etc

I'd much rather the boys were comfortable with all of that than with an XBox!!!
(Although they are both sitting on the floor playing with Dougies "Pirate Ships" at the moment.!!)

Chrissie is also considering a new career in "Forest Schooling" for young ones, (now that Dougie is "full-time" at School), so this is great practise for her.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

Hi Night. Sorry bout Sept. 1st being tied to old memories. Maybe try to make it memorable for something new! Like come in here and be silly all day! LOL!!! I know, like who will see it right? I hate winter, but am looking forward to it for the main reason, that hopefully, it will be busy in here once again!!!
I miss hangin out all day with everyone. Ya know?
Keep Your Chin Up Young Lady! No pouting, or you will just have to sit in the corner for a time out!!!

EDIT: Night, I'm not trying to be cold here. Just wanted to try to make You Smile.

You always make me smile Syx! Thanks!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
Evening Shedooligans!

I'm busy wrapping presents for wee Dougies 5th birthday tomorrow!
Can't believe he's FIVE!!!

We're having a "forest party" for him, Callum and 10 of their friends on Sunday.
They get to head out into the woods in an organised group, and under instruction, learn how to do "outdoorsy" stuff, like building a shelter, camp fire, wooden tools and toys etc.

Should be cool!

G

Sounds like an awesome party!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Yea, I was a wild child. Always enjoyed fireworks as a kid. My cousins and I also burned up one of my Uncle's cornfields with home-made rockets. Got a serious ass-whooping over that one. LOL

I'm thankful that I grew up when I did as an ass-whooping was about the worst thing that would happen when things went badly. It was quite the adventure.

Doing any of that nowadays would definitely land a kid in jail.

I have a younger buddy who likes to say that I'm the reason he doesn't get to have fun these days.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

G'Morning Night! (That always cracks me up for some reason)

On your first cup of coffee? It's gonna be a hot and humid day here (Something that I know True hates, as do I)

But nonetheless, I intend to enjoy it. Just call me Sir Sweatsalot.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Sir Sweatsalot! Ahahahahahaha!!!!! I must be Lady sweatsalot. LOL I'm another one who cannot tolerate the heat and humidity. You reminded me of a frog I once had . I named him Sir Hopsalot. Once upon a time there lived a little bitty tree frog called Sir Hopsalot who was owned by Lady Sweatsalot. Ha!!

First cup of coffee? Um... try 3rd. Oh... Good Morning!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Then I must be Baron Pitreek!

I sweat so much I reckon one could swim in the wrung out remains of the day from one of my shirts!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Good Morning My Shed Dwelling Friends! (Covering my mug of coffee to keep out all the sweat.)
Hope today's temps will be tolerable for You All!

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join