It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 144
<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

M'lady

Neither True nor myself could accept such an accolade without the grace of our OP Jacy's approval.

I have a reply and she is "Keeping her chin up"

Please direct prayers and energy accordingly

If I may ?

I'll be wearing this little number

LOL

Keep your chin up

Cody

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Make that a third party on my end - Except that I wouldn't exactly be the kind wielding a heavy sword. Thinking of a timeframe sometime around the Georgian Era (sans the wigs, I've got enough hair on my head to make up for it), as a scholar of the sciences.

Anyway, Night, the prayers are on their way, Cody - all I can say is ouch, don't work the back too much.

And True, don't stop looking for the one; she's out there, and most likely not having a 3-way.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Plenty of times I have seen in the Shed and The Shed 2, people venting their problems, even I have done it. That is all well and good and those of us who frequent this thread do express our sympathies. But that only goes so far. It can even become enabling.

But we must be truthful to ourselves. It is up to us as individuals to change our lives for the better and often, those decisions are painful.

My Dad told me when I was young, “We are all born to die. It is the journey in between that matters.”

I’ve been in many of your shoes, still single after five decades, bad back, been through more than I can count ups and downs through life. Injured in combat and in life/heart throughout the years. Been there, done that and don’t want that particular cup refilled.

The trick is to keep moving on. Learn from the past, do your damnedest not to repeat those mistakes, but never forget them either.

The future is blind, while hindsight is 20/20.

I do believe that depression is a disease, but dwelling on it only feeds it and I’m not a firm believer that meds can cure it either. It is solely upon the individual, though with a good support group, that individual can conquer it. Ya just have to find what works for you.

Look up every one! Life awaits you.

edit on 3-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Neither True nor myself could accept such an accolade without the grace of our OP Jacy's approval.

Oh...sorry.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

There so much I could say here, but maybe I shouldn't.

One of my happiest memories here at ATS was when I saved a suicidal member from taking his life. He is now re-married and has a beautiful baby girl. People sometimes need to vent, need their feelings validated, need to know that someone will stand by their side when they need it the most. I have had other members from other threads remember my being there for them in their toughest hours and are forever thankful. I myself don't see this as enabling but rather being that beacon of light in their darkest moments.

I don't think people purposely dwell on the negative in their lives, I think it is more that some people have been through too much for too long and we don't bounce back the way we used to. I think it's great to change the things that people can change, but most lasting depressions come from things that can't be changed. It is like ok, here you go some more bad crap, just take it because there isn't a damned thing you can do about it. And if that isn't enough, here is some more, and some more and...

Like some people in here, I can only take so much for so long. I haven't even shared half of things I have had to endure. Aren't you glad? LOL

I apologize to anyone if I have brought the thread down. I shall be quiet now.

Meh, I don't know. Some of us feel things very deeply. Maybe it is annoying to some.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
To all My friends here at the shed. We all have our situations. But what is so cool here is we try to lift each other up.

I think that I have been blessed to share my life with you all and you share with me. I do understand that we are really on a public forum and some things can and should not be said. Hence, I don't always say everything, because it is public, But I want you all to know, that when I have the time to sit down and read about your all's lives, I really look forward to it.

Bless you all.
I would love to meet all of you and have a drink and talk life.

Thank you all for your time and patience with me.

Be Well
Crappiekat

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Night, my post was directed at you specifically. There is no way I am annoyed.

By all means, continue to vent. It's healthy to do so. It's nice to know that you aren't alone and that you can share not only your problems, but wisdom as well. Talking down a suicidal person is a wonderful thing. And that was what I was trying to put across. I'm sure that was a very stressful time for you, but in the long run, you've done good.

From the time we are born, life starts to beat us down. But it is up to ourselves to remain optimistic and keep standing back up.

I've always refereed to myself as a pessimistic optimist. Prepare for the worst, and hope the best. But yet, I'm rarely prepared.
Life keeps throwing curve balls and I keep whiffing. But I also connect the ball from time to time as well.

As Foss and True and everyone else has said, we are there for to help each other. Trying to keep a upbeat attitude can be tiring and hard at times, but I think it's worth it. Because the journey of life is worth it.

Keep the faith kiddo.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Well hell, I meant to say my post was NOT directed at you specifically. But I didn't catch that until the edit time had passed. Sorry about that. Me and my fat fingers.

Even when I try to be a optimist, I screw things up.

My most sincere apologies.

Time to hit the hay. My brain is all woobly from lack of sleep and I seem to be punch drunk from it all.

Again, I am very sorry that I came off as a clout. I didn't mean to.
edit on 4-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
*Thud*

Well, I landed 3 weeks ago, and life has been a constant roller coaster since.
I have had to downsize from a 3 bed house with garden to a 2 bed very 'compact and bijou' flat/apartment, with a communal
garden and patio area

Although I had done some considerable downsizing before I moved, I have found I have had to further downsize since I got here. It has been fun. It has also meant I have done a few fleamarkets with my collectables and better items, and car boots with the 'tat'

It is wonderful being back here, not least that I am now in the same town as my daughters. Cheltenham is an old Georgian Spa town with some beautiful architecture. the people generally are very laid back and 'laissez fair'. My son has settled in well to his college and is studying Law, accountancy, economics and physics, and has got himself a job with the company he worked for back in Warrington.

For myself, I have had lunch and an evening meal with a couple of the other people who live here. They are very nice people. One of my new neighbours, a South African, was supposed to have a treatment from me for her sciatica this morning. Unfortunately, I saw her going out to a friends house last night armed with a carrier bag with wine and gin......so no doubt she is sleeping off a hangover! Not a problem, I'm sure her back ache will remind her when she finally raises herself from her slumber.

Next weeks task is to get my therapy work under way, and most likely I will dig out the aromatherapy book I have been writing for the past 20 years and see if I can finally get it to a point where I am happy with it and off to a few publishers for consideration.
The following week should see my eldest daughter and her boyfriend finally exchange contracts on a house they have bought here. It dates back to 1890! Myself and my youngest daughter have been tasked with the gardening there, so at least I will get a few tomatoes and lettuce growing next summer
..............so more house moving on the horizon albeit me helping them out with it.

All in all, it has been absolutely the best decision I have made. It didn't come easy, and a lot of hard work both physically and mentally was involved....but by golly it was worth it.

I have been keeping up with events in our beloved Shed, but I didn't have internet for about 2 weeks and just didn't have the time to write anything of substance. Please forgive me for that. I will keep popping in to have a look and keep up with you all, whether I post or not is another matter as my 'real life' is so full of rainbows at the moment, I am riding them every day....Oh, which reminds me! 4 days after I arrived, I stepped out of my flat to have a cigarette with a friend from 'back up north' who had popped in to see how I was settling, and is having a difficult time of things at the moment, and there, so close we could have touched it was the most perfect and clear rainbow I have seen in a very long while! My friend said...."see, you were meant to be here!". With that another rainbow formed directly above the first one, just as complete......."there we go" I said....one each!

I have dreamed of being here for little over a year now.........dreams really do come true with a little hard work, perseverance, belief and a good dollop of courage.

Rainbows to each and every one of you,
*flitpoof*
Jane

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Jane!!!!!!!!!!! It was so good to see here this morning. I enjoyed the up-date and am very happy to hear that things are turning out so well for you and your kids. Your daughter's historical home sounds awesome. Do try to pop in whenever you can. You have been terribly missed around here! HUGS!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

HOLY SPECTRUM SPANNING OPTICAL ILLUSIONS!

JANE!!!!!

Great to hear that you are settling in nicely to your new, although somewhat smaller abode, and that things are progressing well with your relations! And you are in Cheltenham? Amazing! That is close enough to GCHQ that you can shout abuse at the nosy traitorous wretches if you get a bullhorn!

It is good to hear from you, and I hope to see you back here with increasing regularity and frequency as the year wears on!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

"I'll be wearing this little number!"

... For the love of God man... I almost ruined the piece of crap computer here at work, from squirting tea out of my nose!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I can drive/cycle/walk to the end of my road, turn right...and there GCHQ is in all it's glory! I guess being so close also means that I should be well protected from any terrorist attack!

I forgot to mention my eldest daughter told me one evening whilst we were enjoying a red vino on the patio, that she has traced my fathers mothers family back to the beginning of the 1800's. She's been working on our family tree for a number of years on and off now. Anyway, turns out that my paternal grandmothers family were in an area of Cheltenham, called Charlton Kings at the beginning of the 1800! Talk about 'coming home'!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Wow! More of that Cyclical Creation eh? It is amazing how the spin of galaxies and the turn of the wheel of time, can reflect in the constantly circulating motion of human habitation. It is as if we are all on the way to somewhere, all of the time!

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

[[[[[Jane]]]]]

Welcome home hunny.
So glad the move went well.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hello Gordi old stick!

How goes the day for you?

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Oh...sorry.

No need to be sorry Night. I was kidding with you

Sir Cody

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Welcome back Jane [[[[[[[[[[[[[[HUGS]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Must be nice to share a glass with your daughter again

Cody

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

"I'll be wearing this little number!"

... For the love of God man... I almost ruined the piece of crap computer here at work, from squirting tea out of my nose!

Sorry about that mate LOL.

At least you didn't waste good ale

Cody

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hi Gbro

Apart from the sarcasm .................... how's you ?

Cody

new topics

top topics

<< 141  142  143    145  146  147 >>

join