It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Night Star

Then I must be Baron Pitreek!

I sweat so much I reckon one could swim in the wrung out remains of the day from one of my shirts!

OMG, Baron Pitreek, almost spit my coffee out! Hahahahahaha!!!!!!! I sweat enough on my own and am on a couple of meds that make you flush so...yeah, I hate heat and humidity. LOL

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Foss, how lucky of you to have come across the rare crystal!

Gordi, the last I heard of Jane was that she was getting settled into her new place and the last I heard of Tsu was that she was post banned. What does that even mean...a temporary ban?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Same here Night (last I heard)

I just wanted to let them both know that I miss them here!! Just in case they get the opportunity to peek in the shed now and then.

The forest party today was great fun. 12 kids, building shelters and camp fires, roasting marshmallows etc
Out in the fresh air!! Away from their computers and games consoles for 3 1/2 hours!! Yay!!

G

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well, I wish I could say being out by the water today was more comfortable than at home, but it wasn't - Not only was the humidity ramped-up, but there was literally no breeze. 6 miles in it, and all I got was enough sweat to make it look like I got rained on.

However, I see some severe storms brewing on the horizon. I doubt they will make it to where I'm at (Right now, Wisconsin and Illinois look to be getting it here in a little bit).

Hope all are doing fine tonight, and that no-one has to work tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Hope all are doing fine tonight, and that no-one has to work tomorrow.

LOL Foss, I am doing fine because I am working today. I'm really looking forward to getting back to school at last.

Gordi, your birthday party forest adventure sounds amazing. The kids must have had so much fun. I'm so glad the weather held out for you because a great day out doing fun stuff like that will hopefully encourage them to leave the telly and video games behind more often, but miserable weather would have had the opposite effect. Well done you for an inspired party idea. It's genius.

Hi everyone. Like Foss I hope you are all doing fine, and that your work is at least it is inspiring and fulfilling if you have to be out there doing it!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It is officially September 1st.
This should be a day of celebration, of joy and love and remembrance of all the years spent together sharing my life with Mark.
35 years ago today I felt like a princess in my lacy white wedding gown. The weather was perfect, absolutely perfect with the sun shining, not a cloud in the sky, not too warm, not too cold. So many family members and friends wishing us a lifetime of happiness. We were young and so in love.

We shared so much through the years, so much laughter, so many tears. We stuck by each others side through life threatening diseases, through the loss of family members and beloved pets, through financial struggles and whatever came our way.

I sit here in utter devastation of such a loss as my marriage. Marriage was supposed to be forever after, but forever found its end. It was a good marriage, one that everyone envied and said was the perfect marriage. I guess younger prettier women mattered more and he hoped to get one. So far he hasn't. I want to laugh at that. I want to say the grass is not greener on the other side but by the time he figures it out, it will be too late.

How do I look at the man I have spent my life with for 35 years and not see him as my husband? How could I ever look at him as anything else? We still live together for financial reasons. We still get along. But we are not together as a couple.

Sometimes I feel like a broken porcelain doll, shattered and discarded, no longer beautiful or worth keeping. Sometimes I fall into the shadows between the darkness and the light, trying to find my way, but the light keeps fading...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

You know that he is a fool, don't you?

Listen Night Star. For all that you feel like a broken porcelain doll right now, you are clearly more functional and not nearly as brain broken as Mark. Look at the evidence. You treated your marriage like it should have been treated. As a precious and glorious thing, and you miss it terribly.

His treatment of your marriage however, is a mark of nothing but some kind of narcissistic personality complex, and folks wandering around with those, are, let me tell you, the very definition of broken. Incorrectly wired, malfunctioning, incorrectly installed, missing key hardware drivers, shorted out, overloaded, plain old broken.

This only hurts you because you have your head on straight. My advice, is to give yourself some permission to let a few of your screws loose. Go, as Douglas Adams once wrote, completely mad. Flip out like a ninja full of psychotropic intoxicants, have a bit of a scream at the world. Give the finger to random passers by, thump a stranger in the face, dance a merry jig on the screaming body of the postman. Alright... That's a bit much...but let it out lady, give it voice and flesh, this feeling you have. Keeping it in might feel necessary, and you may feel like it is only the tension which holds you in one piece, but really...

We love you Night Star, we have your back.

******GIGAHUG******

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Your post made me laugh and cry at the same time. Thanks Sweetie! Means a LOT to me!!!

I had a couple of dreams last night where you and I were in bands and our band members wouldn't show up for practices, would be late for shows etc. so you and I and a couple of other people decided to form a band together. LOL, I guess dreams don't care if we live in different Countries or that I don't sing. All I remember toward the end of one dream was that we opened with Thunder Struck by ACDC. LOL Even if I did sing, I wouldn't be singing like that. Then we did a really awesome original. I was quite impressed.

Woke up early and said to Mark "It's supposed to be our Anniversary today." He nicely said, "Happy Anniversary." We are a weird non-couple. He will spend the day sleeping or on the computer and I will be down at Mom's visiting with my brother who arrived for a visit from South Carolina.

Thanks again True! I treasure friends like you. I appreciate that you are here for me when I need you the most. HUGS!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

True gives good advice. He should become a Shrink or counselor or maybe even a bartender.

I have so many comments on situations such as this but will keep them to myself as some may make you laugh, some may make you cry and some may make you throw that precious cup of coffee through the monitor.

But I do hope you find peace in the future. The only comment I can say though is, Carpe Diem Baby! That at least applies to everyone, every situation and should be practiced everyday.

Buck up kiddo.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

HEHE!

Hooray for the randomness of the netherscape of the id! It is no respecter of distance, or time for that matter!

The landscapes of the mind are always a canvass for impossible wonders, and that gig sounds like a hoot!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Wow... now that is praise indeed! Alas, I could never be a bartender. Seeing all those drinks going from my hand to everyone elses... it would be fun for two days, and then I would start feeling abandoned by the yummy, yummy contents of the glasses

Also, do you mind if I carpe my noctem instead? I find that period more easily graspable!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Hugs the Dawg. And please, please, please...NO spiders!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

OK, no more spiders...

How about clowns?

a reply to: TrueBrit

I see the word day as a dual use word. It can either mean daylight or a 24 hour period. But Carpe Noctum used to suit me well back when I served. Used to quite the Night Owl...not so much anymore.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Clowns are fine, just no spiders. LOL

Going to visit with my Brother who is visiting from S. Carolina. Be back later folks.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Oh, PLEASE Dawg, No Clowns for me. Even before I read Stephen Kings book or saw that movie, I have not been a fan of clowns. I have no clue why. Something in my childhood I have surpressed I suppose.

Beautiful Night Star. It is raining here as I read your posts. The Angels are crying for you, and so am I. I too lost a relationship that I thought would last forever. It hurts really bad. And yes as they say time does heal, but it takes a long time.
We must be honest with ourselves and realize that sometimes the things we want arn't good for us. I try to understand and believe that god will give me what I need, and we need to believe in ourselves.

Accept the things you can not change, and change the things you can.

God Bless you Night Star.

Now I must get ready for work.

To all of you, I hope you have a fun and safe Holiday.

Be Well,

Crappiekat

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Thanks Honey! If you have been through this yourself then you certainly understand. Hugs!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Hello Shed,

And hello Night Star! How is your day progressing?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Morning True! Woke up filled with anxiety as I have a doctors appointment coming up Thursday. I don't know what the blood work will reveal and my feet have been swelling terribly, especially the right one. Like...Don't I have enough problems?

Mom is always feeling weak and will be 91 soon. It will be horrible enough when she passes but then I have to face leaving my home because whoever takes it over will charge more than I'm paying now. I love where I am now. I don't want to move. I don't want to be facing health problems every time I turn around. I don't want to get divorced. I don't want to lose my Mom. I don't want to be disabled. And there isn't a damned thing I can do about it. Thank God Linda will be coming to take me for lunch and a bit of shopping to save my sanity and the day. Then later this evening I can see my Brother again.

Sorry to be so negative, but it is always best to let things out. I could stay away from the shed and have people wondering what might have happened to me, but meh...I let it all hang out. LOL

I still have my sense of humor. I still love to hear how everyone in here is doing, the good, the bad and the ugly as they say. One thing I always said was that life is neither black nor white, but many shades of grey.

So with all that, I truly wish everyone a lovely day. I miss the one's who haven't posted in some time and hope you all return. I love you all and think of you often.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is the Shed.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join