It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 2

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hey Syx! How are you today?

I just got done with a few chores, watering the plants, and sweeping up the cigarette butts from outside our store, and the shop next door. I have not contributed to the pile of butts, since I stub out my cigarettes on the wall outside, and then place the butts in a receptacle inside our store, so as not to add to the litter. Our neighbours upstairs, and to the left however, discard their cigarettes via their front room window, which looks out over the premises next door. Due to prevailing wind direction, both next doors frontage, and ours are always covered in butts after just a couple of days.

Truly tedious, that task, but necessary!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Good Afternoon Syx. I've learned to embrace "The Suck" when it comes to humidity. Doesn't mean I like it, but it doesn't bother me that much anymore mentally. Nothing I can do about it anyways but hide from it and I don't hide from much, well, except my ex fiance, if I see her in my vicinity, I head the opposite direction. LOL

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Doin ok so far Bud! I used to toss my cig butts around up until a few years ago. Then I started to knock off the hot, and put the butt in my back pocket till I could find a trash can, or if there was one near me then, I would make sure it was out, and throw it away. Illinois passed a law a while back even that if a cop wanted to give you a ticket for throwing it out the window of your car, or saw you throw one on the ground, they could, and do!
Good for You for cleaning up out front of your place!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

LOL on the turn the other way from yer X! LOL!! I'd still probably talk to mine some even though she screwed me over pretty bad. My nature I guess......

We try not to run our A/C here unless the humidity is so high it's unbearable. Prob is that since I'm gettin a bit older, unbearable levels hit sooner!?!? LOL!!! Man......

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'll talk to my ex, but she has a tendency to turn into a Harpy quite often. I walk away because I just don't need that stress in my life. She caused entirely to much drama when we were together. And since we are no longer together, I don't need it nor want anymore of it. She has her life and I have mine.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I can understand that Dawg. Mine was more of a blanket statement, as my X is, as far as I know, way up in Michigan and I will never even see her again. She wasn't so much a Drama Queen as a NymphoManiac!
Us as young guys, and older and unattached need them, I guess as, how do I say, outlets? But as a steady partner, no...... LOL!!!
Hmmm, thinkin on it, where were they when I was in my teens? Well maybe they were around, but I was too blinded by my Drinking and ......

edit on 30-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Do you still have her number??? LOL

Just kidding!!!

We had a great day today, wee Dougie was a hoot! Looking forward to the party tomorrow.
Loads of nice pressies! All the family came over for visits, kids now knackered!!! Job done!

OK, where's Jane and Tsu??

just asking because I miss 'em both...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Gordy, just Dial BR549. Ya recognize it? I'll tell ya if you don't......
Sh'e probably made her way that far south by now. Southern USA that is. LOL!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

And here I thought her number was 867-5309

edit on 30-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Ha, I have a bit of a breeze right now, but as soon as I stepped out the door this morning, I was already sweating. Must have been another recessive trait, or the fact that I was born in a cold month; I can go outside in 25 degree weather, and be fine with gloves, a t-shirt, and shorts, but sweat buckets when the humidity goes up.

At least today, there's some storms on the horizon, and the weather gave a nice breeze over at Ren. Fest. There are no pictures sadly, because today my mission was to shop; the next visit is for fun

Anyhow, I got lucky in the crystals tent - Not only did I get crystals for a reduced price, but the person there didn't know what they actually were. Now, they had labeled the crystals as "enhydro" quartz (meaning that there are water bubbles in the quartz)...Well, both of the ones I selected had bright yellow "blobs" floating in the crystal; that wasn't water, but it was petroleum. Which means, I now am the proud owner of two large, gemstone-level crystals. The official term for them is "Petroleum Quartz", which is quite rare.

So far, an awesome start to Labor Day.

How's everyone else? Hopefully with air conditioning?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

Yea, quite humid here in Ohio (one of the few days this year). Had to take a shower after my walk. Of course anyone that saw me probably thought I had been caught in a sudden squall. 7 miles today in under two hours! WooHoo!

But I know I'm gonna pay the piper come morning.
But it's worth it.

So, is your finding Petroleum Quartz a awesome find? Like a DaVinci at a garage sale?
edit on 30-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

It's almost on the same level as the guy that found a huge emerald, and several other gemstones, being used inside a fish tank - If I went to my usual rock & mineral show, there's no way I would have found them there for so cheap; this tent was run by someone who knew what everything was, except for these types of crystals.

Speaking of shower, I probably need one right now; it's night-time, but just as humid up here, so me running at night didn't help. Looks like there's some weather heading your way, maybe.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Yep. *I see a bad storm arisin'!*

It's gonna bum a lot of folks out though. The Blue Angels are in town this weekend.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I hear ya' - It's Jazz Fest down in Detoilet this weekend, which I'm sure is still going on right now; and while I'm sure the rain will feel good, I can't see the musicians enjoying it too much.

The storms are taking their time up here; geography is preventing them from moving too fast, and they keep on losing moisture (probably because it's all on me right now).

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

LOL Dawg! That will work too! Just change the name to Amy, and there ya go!! LOL!!!
You bein from the states recognized BR549 though right? LOL. It's a classic!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Foss Bud!! WTG with the Rare Crystal!! Nice goin!!!

As far as the cold weather, at times I guess It isn't just the cold I hate, it's when it's windy with it that kicks my ass. Very cold is tolerable, with no wind. I was raised in the country too, so it's odd the way it effects me anymore. Guess it's one more thing I can mark up too gettin' old, eh? LOL!!!

Supposed to be 87 F. tomorrow where we are heading. Going back home for a picnic with relatives. Lookin forward to it too. Hope the rain holds off though. Later Bud, Syx.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
So there I was tryin to sleep around 10 P.M. Tired of fighting it, (got back up around 11:30, then back to bed) so here I am again at 1 A.M. back up already, (again, still?)

Crickets are chirping, (in my head they always are anyway) and soon the morning song birds will awaken...... MMM I can smell the coffee down the hall brewing as I write!
Anyone want some?
I'll put on another pot as we need it!

edit on 31-8-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hello Sheddwellers.

I'm sorry I haven't been around much. No reason really, just lazy I guess. I hope everyone is doing okay and to those of you trying to survive humidity - I envy you. I love hot and humid and sticky weather - it reminds me of home (or at least where I grew up) and we simply don't get enough decent weather here in England.

I have been preparing steadily for school and all I can say now is

HOORAY!!!

School starts tomorrow and it really is about time. I am SOOO ready. ...
watch this space - give me two weeks and I'll be complaining

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Mura44

Hi Mura! Nice to see You again!! LOL on the future complaints!! (Will be watching!!) LOL!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
You Guys all Take it Easy. Have a Great Day!! I'm off to other skies. See Ya's!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join