It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hemp, The Sustainable Wonder Crop, Is Sweeping The Nation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: deadeyedick

At least now we can get to see if all the research is true about the nutritional value and crop effeciancy vs the current wheat and grasses that cattle ranchers struggle with every year. It does seem to grow very quickly and seed production is off the charts. How about a future where our fuel for diesel engines is grown in a field and the majority of our elec is coming from wind and sun. Would that really be a bad thing?

When cars first starting burning gasoline here in the states they ran on gasoline that was made from hemp oil. There are tens of thousands of different products that can be made from hemp. But it will be hard to get it legalized on a nation level because the big money players will lose profit. Big oil doesn't want it legal because everything that can be made from crude oil can be made out of hemp oil.
Well let me interject with some of my spirituality. I was shown long ago that hemp was chosen by god to be the plant chosen to heal the world and that spiritual powers would pave the way for legalization of it and the continued criminalization of the other plants we get illegal drugs from. So i predict just that hemp will be legal and the other four will not. I agree it seems like a serious battle but we will see the choice of god trump the naysayers. It will happen and i say the growth of it around us has spiritual effects we do not understand yet but will be beneficial to humanity and resolve many of the difference of opinions you and i share on many subjects.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: V22tech
a reply to: aorAki

What part of NO ONE WILL GROW IT FOR ITS TACILE USE did you not understand? I never said you could get high from hemp.

Why wouldn't they? That makes absolutely no sense. If there are legal and necessary uses for the products, as well as a market, basic economics would tell you that someone will grow it for those uses. All it would take to make your statement null is one person growing it for such uses. And we import a bunch of these products already from several other countries.

Hope you can understand that.
edit on 7-5-2014 by kelbtalfenek because: GRAMMAR

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: V22tech

You are right they are the same plant but different parts of the plant are used for different purposes..Now as a farmer if i want to use the stem of the plant for fiber then i want the stems to be as thick and tall as possible like a tree. So i can save the seeds from the plants that show the tendency i want and i can even take the pollen from a desired male and paint it onto the flower of a desired female. Now when i do this for several generations i end up with a plant that is focusing the majority of its energy to grow a thick main trunk and therefore the other parts of the plant no longer develop much potency. If i wanted to grow it for the seed to eat which is nearly 30% complete proteins i would focus on the size and general health of the flowers where seeds are grown..and if i wanted the intoxicating effects of the resinous oils that are encapsulated like tiny dewdrops covering the outer calyx surrounding the seeds then i would hold back pollination allowing the plant to put all its energy into producing its essential oils and select those plants that produce larger quantities of higher quality oils.. This is not new.... farmers have been doing this since before the pyramids stood... before words were written down... men, women, children, families, cities and nations have been benefitted in innumerable ways from this plant from the very beginning literally owing their lives to this plant....

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***

Discussions of Personal Usage will NOT BE TOLERATED as per the T&C:

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

Further violations of this policy will result in posting bans.

No further warnings will be given.

Do not reply to this post.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod
edit on 5/7/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
FOOD FUEL and FIBRE….nuff said?
I think this new Hemp concrete is going to be a hit. It is flexible and changes with temps. So many products, 25,000. This stuff can/will save the world!
There will be a new industry here and new jobs will be associated with it. Hemp Hemp Hooray!!!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

(post by emeris removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
How about its health benefits - Hemp has many benefits to the bodies emune system, and its a strong fighter against heart conditions as it helps to lower cholestrol, it has also been shown to help with many major health conditions including cancer.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

I have only read a few of there plies to this post and am quite surprised.
While reading them these replies touched on only a few of the 50,000+ usses of hemp.
I have always believed the main culprits in outlawing the growing and use of hemp were Big Pharma and the energy companies.
Come to think of it, these are almost the same people. Both have extensive interests in pertro-chemicals. This would be one of the hardest hit industries if hemp became widely exploited.
It is true that hemp can be harvested from four to six times per year. It would not only distroy the wood fiber usage in paper, it can also be used as fuel in steam plants and kill the mining of caol over night. More fiber can be grown using hemp over a given area in one season than can be supplied by wood in twenty years. Enough fuel material can be supplied by hemp in a year than can be dugg from mines and it is a renewable resource. That is it can be done year after year after year with far less impact on the environment.
I don't think I have time or space to go itno the big pharma side at this time.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Maybe the return of hemp is an indicator the US is about to enter the next big war. Just like last time american farmers were encouraged to grow hemp crops to support the war effort back in 41. This is the first thought I had when I saw your tittle. a reply to: Erongaricuaro

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I wouldn't get your hopes up.

With land going for $2000-$ 6000+ an acre across this country.

Thousands of farmers are vanishing from this country.

More crops are being imported

The rise in the cost of machinery.

'The sustainable wonder crop' ! !

Hell 'organic' farming is more expensive than the 'mass produced gmo' stuff.

And then they have to contend with the EPA, and the church of climatology.

The agriculture industry in this country is being destroyed by the day here, and it is only getting worse.

Less farmland being used, and being encroached on by urban sprawls.

More people to feed.

Higher land, and equipment costs.

Higher seed, and fertlizers prices.

Then I can' wait when they start guaranteeing prices, and paying farmers not to grow it !

I suggest people really take a good look at agriculture in this country, and what it actually takes to put crops out.

Wonder crop my snip.
edit on 7-5-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hemp will never be legalized nation wide because of its healing properties. Wouldn't want some natural product that anyone can grow curing diseases. Can't have that when the modern treatments are making billions of dollars.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

More crops are being imported

The rise in the cost of machinery.

Hell 'organic' farming is more expensive than the 'mass produced gmo' stuff.

Less farmland being used, and being encroached on by urban sprawls.

More people to feed.

Higher land, and equipment costs.

Higher seed, and fertlizers prices.

Wonder crop...

Thanks, neo. You present good examples and actually make some very good arguments for why hemp production is now increasingly popular among the various states and the federal government needs to quit playing games with us. Now if Monsanto and their ilk can keep their hands off it and the poor, protected petro industry will get out of the way of progress we may soon once again be living in the ideal world we envision the US to represent.

It's difficult to even begin to imagine how much our rights, privacies, and freedoms will be restored again for the American people once we finally and completely end this 70-year era of Reefer Madness. Out the Archons.

edit on 7-5-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: V22tech
You say that like its a bad thing... the only reason its illegal is because someone stuffed in a suit says so.
The medical industry are pedaling far more harm stuff than this in the name of profit.
Its an all singing all dancing wonder plant, deserving its recognition.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Please do not let Monsanto touch that herb. Do not let the world go mad. Once the complete legalisation is recognized inevitable, mad ideas could arise.
Btw. every hemp variety can increase in it's potency after just a few generations (not to mention pollination) Ask egyptians - their UV index turned every hemp variety into ganja after a while.
What we all will need is to stay objective or rather to become objective. Both camps.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: V22tech
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

No one grows this crap for tactile use now, no one will grow it in the future.

From item 9 in the link

Some estimates value the U.S. industrial hemp market at $500 million per year; Canada's hemp industry is reportedly going to break a billion dollars this year in earnings.

Nope, nobody will produce it. The dark ages is calling you home now, and stay away from the edge of the ocean so you don't fall off the eath on your way.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm excited for this, this will increase access to high CBD plants, CBD is an amazing chemical that doesn't get you high. Right now I'm spending 200 dollars every two months for CBD pills, if it could be grown locally, the price would drop dramatically. ( keep in mind CBD is legal in all 50 states as a hemp product )

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They are not vanishing the government is paying them to not grow food. We have been doing this since the 80's.
edit on 7-5-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It's not sweeping the nation. It is not grown in any state because it is against federal law. It should not be. I wish is wasn't. It is.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join