It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hemp, The Sustainable Wonder Crop, Is Sweeping The Nation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

BTW, "dope" commonly refers to heroin.

In America but over here, in the UK, for as long as I can remember (I am 37 soon) Canabis resin has been referred to as dope, it would be interesting to see which version came first.

I used to have a t-shirt that said "Grow your own dope, plant an Englishman..." good times, ha ha ha

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: V22tech

Two to four crops per year for farmers, very little sprays needed if any and they don't have to worry about hippy-druggo's trying to steal it as it has no THC what-so-ever.

Until Dupont with it's new man-made textiles and the American Cotton industry got their way, almost EVERYTHING was made from hemp because it is cheap to grow, the fibres are strong so the products have long lifespans.

Buy a hemp shirt, it will outlast you, usually.

Those industries couldn't have that if they were to make a gazillions dollars profit. Hence Hemp was banned and the rest is seriously spun history.

There is always more than one way to look at a thing.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

You guys are lucky, with a conservative leading the good ship Britania we stand no chance of liberal laws (a contradiction if ever there was one). Maybe if we get out independence from the UK we will adopt a more liberal stance on this...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Unfortunately, it's the illegal THC-laden cousin plant that's causing all the problems for the natural hemp weed crops from becoming an industrialized agriculture.

The benefits, uses, and sustainability of the hemp plant is a wondrous thing indeed.

Why we continue to wipe out entire forests, frack, mine, and drill non-sustainable finite resources instead of opting for a sustainable one that can easily replace all of those.... is the real crime taking place here folks.

It speaks volumes that our governments really truly DO NOT give a flying fiddler's fart about the ecology of the planet, nor the longevity of the human race.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Hemp is a usefull plant for a lot of things but it's no second wonder and wont change the world.

Illigilizing it was stupid but ligilizing it isen't going to change much.

But it is a good thing for freedom if we should say something good about it and thats pretty much it.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

TruthOnPot.com – A new sustainable housing project in the northwest of Scotland will feature industrial hemp as a main building material, reports Green Building Press.

The ecofriendly material is the main component of a prefrabricated wall system called Hembuild – a mixture of the plant’s woody core and a lime-based binder.

The system was supplied by Hemcrete Projects, an English housing company that specializes in hemp-based construction.

So far, two prototype houses have been completed in the Achabeag township, both with very different designs.

www.truthonpot.com...

My understanding is that insurance companies are going to hate this because hemp is a natural fire retardant, thus reducing house insurance prices.

Because of its insulating properties, energy companies are also going to fight houses built in hemp because the cost of heating your home will plumet.

Glad to see we are having a thread about this at last.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I tell you what. If a hemp producing company ever goes public on the stock market, I am in. I think you are wrong and there are farmers with land just waiting for them to work out the laws.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Just browsing the thread.

I noticed the same de-evolution that brought this topic - un-stuck years ago.

We are all adults - be respectful of one another - that we may be able to have adult conversations ...

In the future - not just today ...

As far as I can see the topic is - industrial uses of a fibre....Not being pro- stoner or anti-stoner .

Nylon beat hemp in the industrial court - I believe ...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
For the Brits amongst us...we can grow hemp in this country...here are the basic criteria...

A license requires a number of things from you:
1) that you do not have a previous criminal record
2) that you do not grow in view of too many people
3) that you grow low THC (the drug ingredient in cannabis sativa, the latin name for hemp) variety
4) that you know what you are growing for and can tell who you will sell the end product to
5) that you pay the Government license fees to check all the above

www.startahempbusiness.com...

www.gov.uk...

and here's a book about it.....
www.hempowered.com...

Think I shall go looking for a field to buy!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Rest assured... legalizing growing hemp doesn't lead to legalizing marijuana. The LEA and the government can distinguish between hemp and marijuana plants. They have the technology and the trained eyes to be able to tell.

I understand your objection. It just wont lead to that. There's no evidence of that (in fact there's evidence to the contrary).

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Being a mariner most of my life, and knowing a bit of maritime history, it is common knowledge that the old fiber ropes used for mooring ops were made from hemp. They can be considered among the strongest ever-made, with excellent expansion properties.

We are fools for not getting out ship together sooner on this.

Gets my vote.

edit on 7-5-2014 by Sublimecraft because: cheers

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: V22tech
THe plant is called canabis sativa both hemp and weed ARE CALLED CANABIS SATIVA, get it?

Guess you've never heard of Cannabis Indica or Cannabis Ruderalis then?

If you missed that BASIC knowledge of the subject then I fail to see how you're opinion is worth much to this discussion.

You keep trying to assert that Hemp and 'Cannabis Sativa' come from the same seed and therefore people will only grow it for consumption to get high rather than for it's many other uses - yet you are wrong on both counts. Not only does Hemp NOT come from the Sativa seed, but you're assertion that nobody wants to grow it for it's TEXTILE (note the spelling) uses is completely bunk and without any knowledge of the far-reaching uses this wonder-plant has.

edit on 7/5/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
Hemp is a usefull plant for a lot of things but it's no second wonder and wont change the world.

Illigilizing it was stupid but ligilizing it isen't going to change much.

But it is a good thing for freedom if we should say something good about it and thats pretty much it.

It would change my stock portfolio. That's enough change for me.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I tell you what. If a hemp producing company ever goes public on the stock market, I am in. I think you are wrong and there are farmers with land just waiting for them to work out the laws.

There are companies on the stock market that pertain to the hemp industry. HEMP (stock symbol is one) and various others. There are also companies that focus on the medical aspect of it: MJNA, CBIS, while others provide technology for distribution, real estate: HEMP, CANV (land to grow) and inhalation: VAPE, VAPOR, RFMK (like e-digs)

There are countless ways of investing

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The oldest living tribe in china whom average 100 year lifespan eat hemp seed soup as their staple diet. What a terrible side effect!

City of Bama in China has a long and storied history with Hemp!
There are 5 longevity areas in the world. For which standard is at least 7 persons above the age of 100 among a population of 100, 000. Bama county in Guangxi province, China is the area enjoys maximum lingevity among the longevity areas, where there are 30 persons above the age of 100. Now, Bama's population has 240, 000, there are 74persons are health and centenarians, this is 4.4times than Int'l standard. There is special Township named Jiazhuan where Bapan Tun, pinggan village, it has 510 peopls, as many as 7 persons are health and centenarians, that is 200times then int'l standard. What's Bama people's longevity secret? The Survey team of International Natural Medial Association has conducted on site survey ears and research in Bama continuously for 17years since 1975. During the indepth survey, the team got a very exciting finding: The local host always offered a big bowl of "longevity soup" on the table for the guests. At the begining, the team thought it was just for show hospitality, but afterwards, they found the "longevity soup"actually has the effectivenss for maintaining longevity.
To date, only the Bama people keep the custom of eating hemp seeds, Bama people eat hemp seeds, 15kilos on average every year. Hemp seeds oil and hemp seeds soup are called "longevity oil" and "longevity soup".
2800 B. C. Materia from taught people to plant for weaving clogh and using hemp seed as food.
In Ming Dynasty hemp seeds were recorded in Li Shizheng's Materia Medica with the following function: Strengthening middle energizer, maintaining health and longevity. There aslo hundreds of records of hemp seeds in this great works.
In 2002, hemp seeds were enlisted by Ministry of Health of China both as food and medicinal material.
According to Pharmacopeia of P. R. China, hemp seeds have the following actions: Looseing the bowel ot relieve constipation, ebdopathic wind due to blood deficiency, astriction.
In 2004, the American hear Association declared that oil extracted from hemp seeds is helpful for reduction of mortality of heart diseases in adult.

-Shirley Chen
edit on 7-5-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

You see as a "plant-man" myself, I do wonder why people don't get all up in arms about growing industrial nettles? The German army made all their uniforms from nettles in WW2, its is used for allergies as an anti-histamine, the sterol compounds found in the root are used in prostate maladies, the spring leaf(while lower in silica than the fall leaf) is more nutritious than spinach....

Now, don't get me wrong I am for the legalization of all plants, industrial hemp and MJ, but lets not confuse those two widely differing species, nor the fact that there are countless other plants with the same, near, or superior profile depending upon the culture it is intended to be enlisted.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
There are some tall ships in the world who travel to different ports, some like the cutty sark , and others who still have the same hemp ropes they have had for like the last 100 years.

If you haven't read it then please read "the emperor wears no clothes"

thanks

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Even though V22tech is having a real hard time explaining himself without getting all red faced and spitting, his point is valid.

He thinks that no farmer would grow "hemp" when he could just as easily grow "marijuana". He just doesn't comprehend the process is all. It's common for those who have been indoctrinated with the fear of Anslinger and his crowd to cling to myths. He might think "Reefer Madness" was a documentary instead of an insanely hilarious comedy.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Even though V22tech is having a real hard time explaining himself without getting all red faced and spitting, his point is valid.

He thinks that no farmer would grow "hemp" when he could just as easily grow "marijuana".

I disagree. You can get a lot more of the Hemp fiber from a Hemp plant than you can from a Sativa/Indica that was grown to induce flowering and therefore more consumable bud than usable hemp fiber.

He just doesn't comprehend the process is all. It's common for those who have been indoctrinated with the fear of Anslinger and his crowd to cling to myths. He might think "Reefer Madness" was a documentary instead of an insanely hilarious comedy.

He's probably gone down to the pub for a nice, "harmless" beer or 10.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I get it. I just don't think he does. Picture a 70 year old cranky guy with a cane, who just got done yelling at some kids to "get off his lawn". Now you get it.

Without knowing the process, I can see how one might think that growing hemp could be construed as growing dope. But thanks to education and the internet, it's increasingly difficult to remain that ignorant for long.

I just am still baffled as to how any of this is still illegal, knowing that it was all banned because of lies. It's even admitted now, but for some reason, most just stick to the old rhetoric.
edit on 7-5-2014 by network dude because: chemtrails are fantasy.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join