It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Hemp, The Sustainable Wonder Crop, Is Sweeping The Nation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

link   

originally posted by: V22tech
a reply to: diggindirt

OMG I DIDNT ADD THE T ACCIDENTALLY QUICK! CALL THE GRAMMAR POLICE!

Uh, I think that would be the spelling police but I'm sure the grammar police would find you a person of interest also.
If your intention is spread your knowledge it always helps if you spell correctly so you are understood. I could only guess at what you meant since my mind-reading abilities are running a bit thin this evening.
Even adding in the T you suggested, (I have to assume you meant to type "tactile") I still have no idea what point you are attempting to make. Nobody wants to touch it? Is that some inept attempt at being clever? If so, I'm too thick to understand.
Hemp has been grown and processed into clothing for literally thousands of years so saying it isn't grown for textiles is simply ignorant.
Washington and Jefferson frequently discussed the cultivation of hemp in letters. Jefferson even smuggled seeds out of China at one point thinking to improve the quality of hemp grown in his fields.
Who are the people that would prohibit us growing a plant given us by the Creator? People who would have us worship them as Givers of Life---in short, politicians and their corporate cronies.

link   
a reply to: V22tech

Meh, Indica is where it is at anyways. Your point is moot - name might be the same but the physical properties are not. You are the only one in this thread who cannot comprehend this apparently.

Oh well, it simply amuses me that people like you still let the issue of A PLANT get to you. Now that is rich.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Byw, they are not the same through a little process called gentics and breeding out undesirable traits, etc. This may be hard for you to grasp - but many other lifeforms evolve in the same manner as this. Also, this technique is used in pretty much anything grown by humans.

Sigh, should you not be watching Reefer Madness right now; or something?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I am slightly puzzled by your animosity towards a plant v22. Do you know anyone who has ever been harmed or caused harm to another that involved this plant? I am not religious in any conventional sense, but I have read the bible.
"And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Well, take into consideration that if it were completely legal, you could just grow your own without the need for a middle man at all.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

I pity you're unbridled ignorance, I really do. You are just so far off base its not even funny.

Your argument has been dismantled in so many ways in a number of separate replies. Why do insist on ignoring the facts here? What is your agenda?

Maybe he's a tree logger or still watches the ReIfEr MaDnEsS video?

Hey I'm all for it! I know a great investment when I see one.

Besides, my Hemp stocks have been sagging the past few months. News like this is always welcome. V22tech, whatever you do, DO NOT invest in Hemp.....you will most certainly be sent to

edit on 6-5-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Gee whiz, six harvests per season and the multitude of things one can do with it other than get a buzz.

Petroleum junkies and their suppliers must be pooping their pans.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
And plants absorb CO2, hahahahahhahhahahhahahhahahaha

a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah
im not a goddamn moron,

My magic 8-ball is disagreeing with you here.

im saying no farmer now is going to grow it for tactile use when marijuana is far more lucrative. you people really have a hard time understanding that.

It will be used for all..like a cow isn't used for its leather only.
Whats the issue here your flipping out about?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Tucket

Well, take into consideration that if it were completely legal, you could just grow your own without the need for a middle man at all.

Good point...Although I wonder how long theyd let that slide..

But another thing is, from a young age, Marijuana has always represented freedom to me. Theres just something about the govt getting their greasy fingers involved that irks me..
But thats a personal problem..Ill deal with it.

(post by CagliostroTheGreat removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
ATTENTION!

This thread is about hemp and changing laws and opinions pertaining to that. Stay on topic.
edit on 5/6/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well Gee gosh, yall can push , pull or yank all the THC you can out of it, take the fiber and make a T-Shirt out of it, have some left over to mix with the resin you can make out of it , and make something more than a lame ass buzz out of it and more.

DUH.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Here us another very interesting use for the hemp plant.

Hempcrete

Hemp Technologies

This website provides the means to purchase hempcrete as well as information on it such as insulation values and its make-up.

This page Provides a veritable plethora of information regarding the amazing hempcrete.

Hempcrete Wiki

Hempcrete could change the way we build everything.

First off, what is Hempcrete? Hempcrete is a building material that incorporates hemp into its mixture. Hempcrete is very versatile as it can be used for wall insulation, flooring, walls, roofing and more. It’s fire-proof, water-proof, and rot-proof as long as it’s above ground. Hempcrete is made from the shiv or inside stem of the hemp plant and is then mixed with a lime base binder to create the building material. This mixture creates a negative carbon footprint for those who are concerned with the carbon side of things. Hempcrete is much more versatile, easy to work with and pliable than concrete. In fact, earthquakes cannot crack these structures as they are 3 times more resistant than regular concrete.

Kallisti

edit on Cam12Wednesday2220140131Wed, 07 May 2014 00:22:01 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide typos/ structure

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

8. It can replace plastic
Henry Ford famously built a car out of hemp & soy plastic in the early 1940s, and Lotus recently did the same. In 2008, the Lotus Eco Elise used hemp in its composite body panels and spoiler, and many car manufacturers have since switched to hemp composites for door panels, columns, seat backs, boot linings, floor consoles and instrument panels. Hemp composites are stronger, lighter and cheaper than fiber glass and carbon fiber -- plus, they're recyclable!

As mentioned earlier, my own car utilizes some 45 lbs of hemp in its mouldings and door panels. It's not just a passing craze, hemp is a durable material and will be used to make better products.

edit on 7-5-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
It stands beyond the shadow of doubt that hemp, in all of it's myriad forms, is a gift and boon to mankind.

Why, I implore you, are we destroying our beautiful forests for something that can be done more easily and efficiently with hemp? It is nothing short of stupidity and, in my eyes, stands as the very definition of conspiracy.

All for what? A political stance? Corporate gain?

Are we really willing to let our forests, indeed our world, be destroyed in the interest of corporate profit?

The real reason hemp is illegal

And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land. --Ezekiel 34/29

The truth is if marijuana (hemp) was utilized for its vast array of commercial products, it would create an industrial atomic bomb! Entrepreneurs have not been educated on the product potential of pot. The super rich have conspired to spread misinformation about an extremely versatile plant that, if used properly, would ruin their companies.

*parenthesization mine for clarification regarding this threads subject matter.

Kallisti

edit on Cam12Wednesday4320142631Wed, 07 May 2014 00:43:26 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: wording

edit on Cam12Wednesday4420142431Wed, 07 May 2014 00:44:24 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: lol, typo

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

It stands beyond the shadow of doubt that hemp, in all of it's myriad forms, is a gift and boon to mankind.

Very true. Understanding that earns you the fnord award. Braise Eris!

edit on 7-5-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

No, your ignorance is showing CANABIS SATIVA....same freakin plant one male one female SAME PLANT! get it? No one will grow the canabis sativa plant for its tactile use, its more lucrative to make it a drug and sell it.

"No, you are"??? This is a very effective opening argument, when you're debating with a ten year old, it really sets the tone of your input on this matter.

So you have told us what you know about Canabis Sativa but what do you think of Canabis Indica (and why must you shout CANABIS SATIVA?).

You do realise the only reason hemp was banned was to allow the Cotton Farmers to return to work after the war, when Hemp took over as the main fabric?

Of course you have it in your head that everybody that grows hemp does so for THC but you are ignorant of all the people who grow it for the textile industry. You are denying they exist altogether!!! Wtf dude, surely you can't be that narrow minded? Oh wait, you've proved you are.

At least this ignoramus is obvious to us all...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

*gasp*

Oh my, there's just so many people to thank! Mum of course and umm… Eris, Hagbard Celine, Bob, they Guy on he couch for saving me the last bowl of Trix... Mum...

*drones on listing random people for hours*

Kallisti

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join