It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Shatner Goes #OffTheGrid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm afraid Hillary is as much a uniter as Jeb Bush would be. Dynasty taken in a different direction for politics and power. It's still dynasty...and America isn't supposed to be about that. Bad enough we have people in the middle of events for the past years who were also standing in the room when Nixon resigned, and one elected to Capital Hill before Vietnam even started as a proper war. We need new blood...not retread from the last 4-5 decades. Either color or flavor.

Most directly though..it was Hillary who coined the "Vast right wing conspiracy" term to describe the determined push against her Husband in the 90's. She may have had a point too, but there was a time lower functionaries were the sacrificial goats to make such statements while the Heads of State remained above such pettiness. They didn't in private...but appearances used to matter.

Then we have one murdered Ambasaddor and 3 dead Americans that 'shouldn't matter'. Also something spun to seem strictly political for anyone who cares to know why and what they died for.

How can someone with that history...and really, ongoing serious issues...be consideredn someone to unite the sides? She'd have to first respect the other side, which she definitely doesn't, IMO. Not that she HAS to either...but the President is the President of the nation. Not 50% +1 of it. A lesson seemingly lost since at least 2000, and perhaps more like the mid-90's. Th her husband wasn't THAT bad by relative comparison of what's come since.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
a reply to: Phoenix

I'm sorry then U.S.A is lost.

They need to focus on their weaknesses and appoint/vote for a leader who can fix those problems.
The problem is most average Joe Americans don't know what's wrong with their country, don't care enough or don't do their research ....
It's a shame,really.

Let's hope they will learn Chinese or Russian fast enough in the future.

I cannot disagree with your sentiments at all - I've felt the same since our politicians (both parties) were intimidated with the "tanks in the streets warning" and went along with the program.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Just wanted to remind y'all that Shatner IS Canadian yanno. (unsure if he is dual or has given up his citizenship now)
Why would his opinion even matter to you? I for one don't recieve American's opinions highly in regards to our politics, why would you?
When will people realize that JV is all about entertainment, as is WS and entertainers' views on politics should be taken with a grain of salt.

edit on 23-4-2014 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
That may have been true of Hillary Clinton before most of America was awakened to who she really is.

Apparently Shatner hasn't aged as well as I had assumed.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dianashay

Why would anyone give up a citizenship? Great insurance policy to be able to live freely in another country if need be.
I'm a dual citizen (US/Canada) and my old man has three citizenship's because he married a Brazilian.

edit on 23-4-2014 by DenyFlatulence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You know if us regular members would post such a video it wouldn't get to page two, you post it and it suddenly becomes newsworthy? wth has any of this have to do with off the grid? OR fighting the cause or whatnot.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyFlatulence

found this: www.youtube.com...
Piers Morgan - William Shatner: I'm Proud To Be Canadian

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OFFTHEGRID
William Shatner came #OffTheGrid and in this exclusive clip tells, Jesse Ventura that Hilary Clinton is the only candidate, who can unite the political parties, because she understands how to compromise.

Oh my god ... I didn't see THAT coming! WOW .... that's really insane.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
The only thing Killary knows how to compromise is her integrity.

Considering her complete lack of such.

I feel she deserves a year in the federal penitentiary for each served in poltics.

Any one who supports her, is a part of the problem, not the solution.

"Government is not the solution to the problem, government is the problem. "

Can I print your post on to the back of a shirt?
(slightly edited)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll
You know if us regular members would post such a video it wouldn't get to page two, you post it and it suddenly becomes newsworthy? wth has any of this have to do with off the grid? OR fighting the cause or whatnot.

That's not entirely true some really asinine threads will go and go with only 4 stars and 467 pages lol.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianashay

lol. He sugar coated that quite nicely

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianashay

according to the SPP agreements at any moment your president could also become our president
and my dually will become a uni

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Aye... Though don't think Gov. Ventura is perfect he would definitely take names.

I don't wish to use standard perfection referring to Gov. Ventura but he is a known quantity as opposed to a President Obama who pretty much came out of nowhere. We as a nation need someone in the office with the convictions and presense about him like Gov. Ventura has shown.

Asfor Mr. Shatner's views. Well... I don't share them. Mrs. Clinton is a danger to the Republic. More ss than Preeident Obama.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with you on the William part.

So who would you think the "ideal " i also would notb claim him to be perfect . however what cannadate would be for POTUS?
edit on 0485053044845rd by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OFFTHEGRID
Dammit man, He's an actor not a miracle worker!!!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

another left leaning progressive from Hollywood. None of them really get what's happening in the rest of the country.

Erm,

yes. We do. (And I'm not from Hollywood.)

Progressives 'get it' just fine.

*facepalm*

edit on 4/23/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OFFTHEGRID

I'm with Shatner. Come on, he's William Shatner! First woman president, second democrat in a row. I can get down with that. Prep America for Rand Paul and some domestic restructuring after the 51% gets bored of Democrats.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
hillary didn't do anything worthy of being POTUS.

nothing as a senator and 4 yrs as sec state with the russian reset fiasco and benghazi under her belt.

kirk is out of his mind on this.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Please feel free to pursue such interests.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dianashay

Those crazy canadians... Always injecting their unwelcome opinions into American politics. When will they learn their place?

>_>

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Bassago

another left leaning progressive from Hollywood. None of them really get what's happening in the rest of the country.

Erm,

yes. We do. (And I'm not from Hollywood.)

Progressives 'get it' just fine.

*facepalm*

Was referring to the Hollywood set who seem especially disconnected from the rest of us (even from their fellow Californians.) No sleight intended for my esteemed colleagues.

On the OP I'd just like to say Hillary has one quality that seems to make her stand out, she's ruthless and with those lists she keeps obviously never wants to forget those who cross her. That doesn't appear to be the hallmark of someone who knows how to compromise. More like someone who will hunt you down decades later for something you forgot you even said.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join