It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Shatner Goes #OffTheGrid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

On the OP I'd just like to say Hillary has one quality that seems to make her stand out, she's ruthless and with those lists she keeps obviously never wants to forget those who cross her.

That part I have no problem with. Not going to argue it.

What I'm arguing is the blanket labeling of "Progressives" as 'out of touch.'

She's a hard-core Democrat.

Progressives do not toe a party line. We just want justice; don't care where it comes from. Please don't lump 'Progressives' in with Clinton-style Democrats. Please.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Shatner makes valid points in saying that Amerika needs to find a happy medium in the political spectrum but Hilary Clinton? C'mon Bill, as a fellow Canadian I have to say WTF?

On a more serious note both Kanada and Amerika need a solid Center Left or Right party to get out of the collective doldrums. Unfortunately neither of our great countries has a hope in he!! of finding one. The choices are abysmal on both sides of the border since the polarization and self interests in todays' politics trumps common sense and the democratic rights of a disillusioned electorate.

I point to the less than stellar voter turnouts in recent years which is no doubt tied to the belief that no matter who we vote for, the politicians quickly forget why they are in power and more importantly, who put them there.

A sad reflection of the current political climate I am afraid.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OFFTHEGRID

Well Shatner is a Canadian and it is his opinion.

If I may, as another Canadian, I will also give my opinion.

Really, Bill ? REALLY ??

There is one woman I can't stand in politics aside from Pauline Marois here in Quebec (she got the boot now..no loss really) and it's Clinton.

She is a power hungry money driven puppet. If you don't agree with this, think again. She stayed with Bill (no, not you Captain Kirk..the other Bill) after Monica. Out of the goodness of her pure heart.

Sure. Nuff said.

Some actors (even if I do like Bill Shatner dearly) should stay at doing what they know best, acting.

Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Mr. Shatner,

As a fellow Canadian I am ashamed.

No explanation needed.

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hilary Clinton? Only candidate?
I think I just shatnered myself.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Then we have one murdered Ambasaddor and 3 dead Americans that 'shouldn't matter'. Also something spun to seem strictly political for anyone who cares to know why and what they died for.

I don't intend to spin this thread off-topic, but ...

Who would want to work for someone, who will let you die in the line of duty, and then completely blow it off in a nationally televised broadcast?

Shatter is an actor. Nothing but.

ETA: Even my tablet agrees. Consider the autocorrect spelling of "Shatner" in the line above. I'm leaving it!!
edit on 2342014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Shatner's really lost his mind. I used to respect him. That ends today.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
Hilary Clinton? Only candidate?
I think I just shatnered myself.

lol Exactly what I was going to say.

Shillery
Looks like the Gorn got him?!

Nah really, I don't agree she's "in the middle of the extremes" nor one of the "least of the worst", as people have been voting lately.
Can also see where people will say, that's odd for the show, but guessing they didn't know before hand when picking him to interview.
edit on 23-4-2014 by dreamingawake because: Added more.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

All Democrats and Republicans need to go. Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a filthy currency tarnished by greed and corruption that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American People. Democrats and Republicans conspire in Washington to scam, defraud, and extort money from the American people and give it to their friends and family.

Every election cycle we have to choose between the lying, thieving, whore mongering Democrat or the lying, thieving, whore mongering Republican. After every election the headlines scream "REPUBLICANS WIN!" or they scream "DEMOCRATS WIN!". But they never, never, never scream "AMERICANS WIN!". Why is that? It is because when Democrats and Republicans win, Americans get screwed.

The only way Americans will ever have an honest government is to quit electing Democrats and Republicans. We need to elect citizen statesmen who love America more than they love power and money. Men who can stand on their own two feet instead of being propped up by gangs of criminals. Honest men with sweat on their brow and calluses on their hands.

The true patriot is not the man who blindly defends a corrupt government. The true patriot is the man who defends the Constitution from that government.

I could never endorse Hillary.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hillary the only choice?
Oh no they got to William Shatner too! All is lost!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
Those crazy canadians... Always injecting their unwelcome opinions into American politics. When will they learn their place?

"Other" people will quit being concerned with american politics when amerika pulls every single soldier home, and gets out of every body elses governments, and gives up the ability to invade or destroy the whole planet...
which if you hadn't noticed everyone else also lives on

edit on Wedpm4b20144America/Chicago54 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Wedpm4b20144America/Chicago35 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don't want to see bill Clinton back in the white house for any reason.

With Hilary as President and Bill Clinton there in the white house who would really be President.

if Hilary becomes President we need to send Bill to some place like Nome Alaska

Hilary has already screwed up as secretary of state.
She would inherit the Obama crooks like Holder.

My guess would be she would get impeached just like Bill Clinton.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I don't think it's his fault. Captain Kirk just spent a few too many years in space is all. He's a little funny in the noggin'.

Seriously tho.. I've read some of his stuff before and always wondered why actors think pretending to be someone else for an audience bestows intelligence or accomplishment upon them, outside that? Actors aren't politicians and playing one in a movie doesn't mean much. I hate to note...he kinda proves that point.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Get real who would vote for this woman she is a tool for the nwo

Shatner you have been bought

Lee wanta hilary

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I agreed with Shatner completely up until "Hillary Clinton." Wow.

Seriously, WHAT WAS THAT??

I was waiting for Jesse to at least erupt in laughter, then this video may have had a point. Am I missing something? Does Shatner's acting career give his political views some sort of credence? Why even have him on, other than his celebrity to draw viewers? I really hate commercializing. Gives everything a stench of greed.
edit on 24-4-2014 by oldetimehockey4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

It is selling out interviewing hollywood idiots don't ya think? It makes me sick when the mainstream media pushes these idiots views just to get some ratings. It is a sad day indeed to see Alternative media using the same old pathetic tactic.

Just because this guy was famous 20 years ago does not make his voice any more important. Maybe you guys could interview Kanye next.

Maybe my expectations were wrong................
edit on 24-4-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

No.

No.

And...

Uh....

No.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

You've lost respect for him for simply having a political opinion? Go you.

What people also need to remember, Shatner isn't Kirk. No-one else could have played Kirk, IMO, but the actor and the character are totally different, and besides, it was Genes dream, not Bills.

I don't know much about American politics, who is good, who isn't, but I do know this...the people had better vote on policy and not the frock. Sure, being able to say "we have our first woman president" might sound good, but it sounded good when we said "oooh, look, we have our first woman prime minister!"........that didn't go down too well at all.

edit on 24/4/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: groingrinder

Every election cycle we have to choose........

I know that was probably a figure of speech, but no......we don't. No one is putting a gun to our head and forcing us to vote. We'd rather line up at the booth, choose the lesser of two evils and tell everyone else that they don't have a right to b***h if they didn't vote. That makes zero sense to me when they know damn well that they themselves are going to complain for the following four years about the lack of promises on the part of their candidate, and the other side is going to say "I told you so". It happens every time. It's idiotic.

The only way Americans will ever have an honest government is to quit electing Democrats and Republicans. We need to elect citizen statesmen who love America more than they love power and money. Men who can stand on their own two feet instead of being propped up by gangs of criminals. Honest men with sweat on their brow and calluses on their hands.

Then I vote for you groin "can't function in the Junction" grinder. And if you're of sound mind and don't want the job, I'll vote twice.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join