It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Shatner Goes #OffTheGrid

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Traditionally, Hollywood supports Dems and Businesses support Reps. No surprise here. In the 1960s Shatner had enough standing for his word to make a huge difference, but his days of influence are long gone.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OFFTHEGRID
William Shatner came #OffTheGrid and in this exclusive clip tells, Jesse Ventura that Hilary Clinton is the only candidate, who can unite the political parties, because she understands how to compromise. Do you agree with him? Who is the ideal candidate in your opinion?

I'm not American but if I was I would be extremely unhappy about celebrities suggesting that you vote for any of the current leadership choices. Hillary? no way!

You need somebody like the Paul's in charge. But of course the right person to run the country will never run the country.
edit on 1718Thursday182014-04-24T03:18:17-05:001817 4 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Wow I am impressed. A good second debilitating on ATS. I will have to watch this as well. Compromising is important right now more than ever because our two political parties are dangerously polarized.

A right wing takeover would ruin any progress our country has made on civil issues since the 1800s. And a continued Dem rule, which is already waning, would be unsustainable IMO.

Does OffTheGrid automatically get front page ? Worth it for now.

I don't know who the ideal candidate is, but this is the best argument I have heard for one. I am worried about a Repub because their party is thirsty for blood again, this time American blood - although Harry Reid is as well.

Compromise sounds nice. And the Clinton's were around before all of this crazy Bush Obama stuff. Although I'd have to think more before a Hillary endorsement. I actively was against her for various reasons every election in the past.

I think there were good things about both Bush and Obamas presidencies.
edit on 24amThu, 24 Apr 2014 03:26:53 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
hes an idealist but essentially correct, i dont like his choice for a candidate but what he says is pretty much on the button.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Ok, now that I am done slamming my head on the desk for an hour...... Really? I think this might just be the first and last off the grid I ever subject myself to. Hillary Clinton? Damnit man, what are you thinking? She was an embarrassment as a first lady, an embarrassment as my senator, an embarrassment as secretary of state, now we should give her a chance in the oval office? I used to think Shatner was pretty smart for an actor, now I am not quite sure.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Yeah not really sure why he chose her, shes just about the worst candidate.... ever.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Clinton is going through menopause. (she has also been publically humiliated by her spouse) Vote for her if you wish to destroy the world.

Regards,

Bally

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

hmmmm
I'm wondering if Bill gets his lines off the same teleprompter that Obama does
like will farrel in anchorman...
edit on Thuam4b20144America/Chicago33 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Billy Boy needs to stay off the Romulan Ale!!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Hillary is not the answer neither is Jeb no matter what other people would have us believe.My biggest fear is that one of those 2 gets in.The 2 of them will be looking for more wars of conquest disguised as "Humanitarian aid."

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Blah blah blah, "I'm neutral on the issues, and give vague statements..." blah blah blah, celebrity BLAHDOME some more...
edit on 24-4-2014 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: OFFTHEGRID

What difference does it make?
edit on 24-4-2014 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
If Hillary is elected , the USA would have to be attacked and invaded before the two sides would ever come together to agree on a single vote.

Bill should just stick to singing that's what he's best at

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danbones

hmmmm
I'm wondering if Bill gets his lines off the same teleprompter that Obama does
like will farrel in anchorman...

obama does.

but do people really find that funny?
my first time watching burgandy. not funny at all.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

aww dont be a sour puss!

We would love it if a news reader said somthing insane and rude.

hell, i know i would!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
a reply to: tsingtao

aww dont be a sour puss!

We would love it if a news reader said somthing insane and rude.

hell, i know i would!

it's just stupid, lol!

maybe that what you kids are watching nowadays.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OFFTHEGRID
William Shatner came #OffTheGrid and in this exclusive clip tells, Jesse Ventura that Hilary Clinton is the only candidate, who can unite the political parties, because she understands how to compromise. Do you agree with him? Who is the ideal candidate in your opinion?

William Shatner should stick to Priceline.com commercials where scripts are already written for him.

I think the ideal candidate would be US citizens waking the heck up, and realizing we need to ban all lobbying in the USA, then maybe we could start to weed out the majority of corruption.

People seem to think they need to bow down to some almighty A-hole that put's their pants on just like they do, when in fact our society needs less leaders, and a better educated society.

If we put even a quarter of the money we spend on defense into a proper education system for every person in the USA, we wouldn't have the need for any leaders, because people could lead themselves.

Peace,

RT
edit on 24-4-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OFFTHEGRID

Although I did like Bill Clinton as a President,
I cannot see voting for Hillery.
So far I have not seen anyone I would vote for come election time.
But then, there is still a lot of time for candidates to emerge.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Hollywood actor endorsing one of the most corrupt politicians ever in history.
That's how I see it. Maybe he's getting a little senile? I think she would be the worst thing at the worst time.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
Makes me wonder.
What if the majority of celebs stand by Hilary? We've seen in the past how easily the non celebs follow the celebs. The followers will definitely vote for anyone their fave celebs endorse.

And this is a main part of the reason why the horrid folk win seats during election winnings. Some folk don't want to think for themselves, some want to vote like 'celeb' does because 'celeb' is awesome. A few deranged no doubt think if they vote the same way 'fave celeb' does, then 'fave celeb' will like them.

All I have to say is if celebs like Hilary (or get paid huge to endorse her), she'll be the next Potus.

Just sayin'

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join