It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

What about those of us (like myself) who are not athiest or christian? People like me who find the subliminal push for christianity in schools, politics, and etc offensive?

I am annoyed that christianity stole from the religion which i follow and turned one of the deities into the depiction of satan.

I believe that all religion and even my own belongs behind closed doors. Christ can save your soul or what have you and ill follow my own path wether it is an eightfold one or an inwardly spiritual one.

We may even be neighbors.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tearman

Why would you think he would need a Psychiatrist? I saw nothing in his thread that would require the need for an evaluation.

yours on the other hand... well, it leads me to believe that you are hypersensitive as well as unrealistic, in that you don't see that other people's opinions are theirs to have.

Perhaps you need a Psych evaluation

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dovdov

That is a valid statement with regard to running for president. When Obama was being attacked for being Muslim, which he denied I kept saying, "so what if he is". I then heard the controversy was about his dishonesty and hiding the fact he was Muslim more than the actual religious affiliation (or that's what the media led one to believe). Then back full circle - it was an attack on the religion itself. I'm not aware of political evangelists but I trust they are out there.

Having said that the polls show that the majority of Americans are Christ believing people.

About 79% Christian. religions.pewforum.org...

Add in over 20% for other Christ believing religions.

About 52% 2011/2012. www.gallup.com...

Add about 23 and 9% for other Christ believing religions

Again - I do not think most Americans see the word "God" as only Christian based. It doesn't say Christ. If I were in the Middle East and had to say a prayer to Allah I wouldn't see it as anything more than a different way of saying God (a different language). I wouldn't interpret things like they do but I wouldn't take offense. Who is it harming? Is it causing more harm than good? If this gets thrown out what is next?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

Pretty eyes, don't lump all of us together because you've heard of a few D-bags, they are the fringe, as in not real, militant, unemployed with too much time on their hands.

A real aetheist doesn't have a church (why? they don't believe in organized religion)

A real aetheist doesn't care if you are religious

A real aetheist doesn't care if you pray, decorate for christmas, say grace, "under god," have a moment of silence, display nativity scenes around towns..the list could go on.

None worship Satan (why would they? they just don't believe in the those things)

We don't even teach our kids to believe in the same thing as us, if we are smart, and encourage them to analyze things if they want to follow a religious path or not.

I told someone earlier if one of my kids wanted to be a priest or minister I don't care, I would be proud of them just the same.

We celebrate Christmas(why deny them the opportunity) the Easter bunny was just here, and even I dress up for Halloween and and pass out candy. Why wouldn't we?

The ones raising a stink are unemployed, with too much time on their hands and are only pushing because political correctness has gotten out of hand in this country, and they think it will be payday by pursuing the issue, and it only ends up making them look dumber. While you are at church, I might be cutting my lawn. If I'm over for dinner and you want to say grace, I bow my head and say Amen, why wouldn't I? If it makes you feel better in life, that's great. As a normal tolerant human being, there is no reason why I should have a problem with what you do, and likewise there should be no issue with what I do. There is no real difference in the two of us except how you spend your free time (perhaps at church or religious functions) and me who chooses to do work around the house, read, surf the net or video games.

My mom is actually very religious, and wanted to say a prayer for someone in the hospital, I bowed my head too and said Amen. I have read bible stories to my kids, and if they wanted to go to church I don't have a problem with that and happily take them. Why wouldn't I? It's their choice, not mine. Please don't put all of us in the same group these are the lunatics, just like the guy on a soapbox in front of the Bellagio screaming hell fire and brimstone through a bull horn. (now he was a nut)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: PullMyStrings

If you are pagan or wiccan, you too are progeny of the demons and owe your fealty to the abysmal overlord of the communist kingdom. Or so I would guess based on the OP's assertions.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
Atheists are legally removing god from our schools, public displays and courthouse buildings. Supposely they don't believe in higher being yet they seemed threatened by the word God. Atheist must believe in something, money, power, food? I would say love but that might be related to God, might be confusing just like the word God. This country was founded with God, it's all over our country's most important documents. Why is this minority trying to take away what made this, the greatest country? How many children with Atheist parents find faith in God? Is it terrible to have the word God in a powerful speech in the morning to remind everyone we live in a great and free country?

I love to go to baseball, hockey or football games and be humbled by our red, white and blue as everyone repeats under God.

Atheist continue to push that they believe in nothing but are fighting to remove God from our schools, buildings and children.

That is why I believe Atheist are actually Satanists, for a group who have no beliefs they are spending big money to remove God.

God is Satans greatest enemy as the Atheists.

The U.S. will always be under God, it's just American!

Anything else is just communism.

I served in the military and I would die for my country and its founding fathers beliefs.

Amen

They will all be bathed in everlasting fire from the mouths of immortal beings. Unquenched flames that have existed since the dawn of time.

They want to see Yahweh they will see Yahweh. They want a wrathful god? So be it they shall recieve their Judgement.
I'm kinda in a !@#$y mood today and i don't have the pacients for garbage.

I don't care if all these Atheists don't believe in Yahweh or not because in the end. A swarm of UFOs will decend on that the final hour and the war of the gods will be initiated.
All the Atheiests and god fearing people alike shall watch living shadows decend from the sky. Living entities made of Darkness. And the Sky will be blotted as if night, and the moon and sun will be plucked from the sky and all Earth shall tremble before the might of the Old ones.

There is a Darkness coming to this planet beyond your fathomable dreams, From another galaxy they came. From another planet they ride, And they are here. Beware of the coming cataklysm which will initiate the war of the gods.
Once the sacred tomb is opened, the battle will begin, And so will the cataklysm.

Both sides will try to destroy each other, Serpents and the Lions. And the battle will spill unto the Earth.
Meanwhile atheists can believe what ever they want, but nothing they believe in now could prepare or save them from whats coming. Not even their own government. Why do you think they built all those underground cities?
Why do you think bankers are killing themselves? Because the powers that be know all of this is coming. And there's absolutely nothing you or them could do. And i will embrace the battlefeild and the thrill of the hunt.
You will know me well at that time. But for now, i am a stranger in the mist. A Thief in the night.

edit on 23-4-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Ask yourself who believes in satan and then you get your answer.

This is like the dogma thing. I see dogma dictate this or that, doesn't matter what the individual thinks, so as to override whether or not he or she is already worshiping a demon. Like what they say : the capacity to love is equal to the ability to hate.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PullMyStrings

Behind closed doors huh? How boring, what would you Atheists do then?

What about gays? A lot of people don't like them, so should they remain behind closed doors as well?

Your kind of thinking worries me, because if we were to coddle every being over their insensitivities and put those things in the "closet" than the world would seize to function.

What a silly, asinine thing to want.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: brandiwine14
a reply to: Tearman

Why would you think he would need a Psychiatrist? I saw nothing in his thread that would require the need for an evaluation.

yours on the other hand... well, it leads me to believe that you are hypersensitive as well as unrealistic, in that you don't see that other people's opinions are theirs to have.

Perhaps you need a Psych evaluation

He believes, for no reason, that atheists are satanists and communists. That is borderline crazy.
He's also never investigated the reasons why atheists might resist things such as the intrusion of religion into public schools.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Forgot to add that too, Gays-who cares. What they do or how they spend their time is up to them. Who am I to judge them, even if they are one of my kids-I would love them just as much. That is what they chose/decided/felt/wanted/genetically disposed? to be - whatever the reason that makes someone gay. We are all just part of a bigger world trying to get through, and religiously speaking if you like it great, I personally don't care for it. But we are not all the same, the ones you speak of are not real. Only people wanting to start crap with others and that doesn't make them necessarily aetheist, so much as it does make them an A-hole.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Peekingsquatch

I must admit that I sometimes have the tendency to lump people together.

Sometimes I get a bee in my bonnet and just go with it. I realize that it is wrong, I despise it when I see others doing the same thing, so for that I am sorry.

Thank you for the thoughtful response, yours is a point of view I had not heard.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: brandiwine14
The problem with Atheists is that they have nothing and nothing is plenty for them.

An Atheist is an empty glass, the reason others say the glass is half empty or half full is because there is something in it. An empty glass, is an empty vessel...what do you do with an empty glass? you wait for someone/thing to come and fill it, that is an Atheist.

I disagree. I've never felt as if i have nothing. My life is mine, I have a connection to humanity and the rest of earth. Please don't project your void on to me. I don't feel empty at all.

If all these Atheists believe in nothing then why the Atheist churches? why the arguing, fighting to remove god, why blatant defacement of religion? Why do they have to fight so hard to prove there is nothing? It is because they are not Atheists, they have now been filled up with something...hate. They don't understand it, they don't want to. they just want to be right.

Atheist churches are dumb, but the arguments usually come because someone suggested their religion should be imposed legally. Gay marriage for example. Or the OP stating he's willing to fight for his beliefs, or religious people knocking at my door to tell me about their god with no invitation to do so. It's not hate that fuels me, discussions are supposed to be two sided, and i happen to believe my views are worthy of being stated.

Satan embodies all the qualities that Atheists love, selfishness, they believe in themselves only, they are the only thing that matters to them. What makes a Satanist...is someone who is against all things un-selfish. The reason I see and agree with your post is because all of the Atheists I know who are against god embody all the things Satanists/Satan stand for...Dogmatic, pride, selfishness and instinct.

The word Satan means Adversary in Hebrew...Atheists are Adversaries of God, makes them Satanists in my mind.

What makes you believe we are selfish? I care about the good of humanity. I'm part of a community, my actions and behaviors effect this community. I wish religious people spent as much time thinking about their reality on earth than the probability of heaven. Maybe then you'd understand how unselfish it is to take responsibility for our lives here.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

I base my views on the Atheists I have known as well as what I am seeing in the news everyday, reading in the comment sections of yahoo, google, here etc... I base my views on what I have seen and have come to know from my dealing with Atheists.

However as I replied to someone else, I should not have lump every Atheist together as a whole, instead I should have replied "Every Atheist I know/known" instead of "every Atheist." There is truth to what I said, these have been my dealings with them.

I never said anything about being religious now did I? I'm not religious but I do happen to find religion fascinating.

I myself live by the philosophy that I know nothing for sure and that anything is possible

edit on 23-4-2014 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

I am being sarcastic. I guess i am kind of a person who takes things from several religions. I am sure there is a word for it. The ignorance on the basics of most religions annoys the 'hell' out of me.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The world would not seize to function at all. I am quite certain it would spin on with or without humans here to witness. So really, do not 'worry' about a person's words; worry about their actions

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This thread makes no sense whatsever.

A true atheist doesnt believe in God, therefor they can't believe in Satan. There is no conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ia reply to: maxzen2004

Since Satan is a supernatural being, and Atheists don't believe in Supernatural beings, I don't think an atheist can be a Satanist.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here in America we have freedom of religion right? Here is my curiosity, is Atheism a religion? If not then those who seek to remove religion from places should quietly walk away. If it is, then they're infringing on the religious rights of others. Just my opinion.
edit on 4/23/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche (speaking about your bottom paragraph) How can you say what reality is? You see things from your point of view, which begins at birth and ends at death, therefore you wish for others to see things the same way. What if the span of your lifetime on earth is a drop in the bucket? After all, it really is just that, a drop in the bucket of the sands of time.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Seeing your username beneath the title of this thread in my subscriptions list was one of the most deliciously ironic things I have seen on this forum. Wonderfully played.

edit on 23-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join