It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
As an atheist I just want to say that I am flattered. Also, its interesting being on the other side of the conspiracy coin and a nice reminder to use intelligence when dealing with conspiracy theories.

Let's say we are satanists. Any questions you have I'd be glad to answer for you. Let's get to the bottom of this!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Artlogic

Ahh Thank You

Artlogic !

Love it ! that post of the Deity List

Exactlly .

Especaily a Nation a Melting Pot of other Nations and Cultures & Race, we call America

The Best Answer is Private School of a Religion ypu choose.

Not a Public School .

But Not this Summer School CAMP !

America is in Trouble for this kind of thing

edit on 23-4-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio
a reply to: maxzen2004

Why are they so repulsed by the idea of God

Kinda rediculous statement if you think about it. I don't think Atheists are repulsed by god but more by the ignorance of those who believe in "it".

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Strange video, who are you?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Let me get this straight, OP.

If you don't believe the first thing your parents enforce upon you as a child and don't like seeing that same indoctrination material surrounding you in your daily life you're a Satanist?

Got it.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is a joke right? Sorry to sound like a dick but this is hilarious. First of all, there's a fine line between being an atheist and worshiping Satan. The difference is, one group worships Satan and the other dosen't.

My dad's an Atheist, and was raised from an Atheist background. The reason why he was an atheist, was mostly because he didn't buy into the Bible and superstition. He's not an Atheist because he hates God, I think deep down he might think there might be some higher power.

Anyway back on topic, Christianity is being destroyed through every means possible. And I'm not talking Churchanity here. Christianity today is mostly composed of brain dead people who can't see the Forrest through the trees when it comes to reading the Bible. They literally have no idea what they're reading. When Jesus spoke of searching for truth and not trusting the money lenders (which are still around today!) they seemed to skip that part in the Bible.

They focus on trivial crap like Noahs Arc and cant see the real picture. They haven't read Revelations 2:9. They didn't connect the dots between the Edomites and the modern day Khazars.

I have come to the conclusion that the Bible is nothing more then a script for things to come. About how Esau and his Edomites currently have dominion over Earth. One day there dominion will be over thrown.

And I hope, that Revelations 3:9 will be fulfilled so Lucifer and his Edomites can be thrown out, forever.

Revelations 3:9 -

"I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you."

See this is what is so beautiful about it, "them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you."

I'm not even Christian nor do I keep the Bible next to me when I go to bed. I was an atheist just like my father. Completely brain dead. I have to question the bible from time to time. I've always wondered how this book could stay in print with the money lenders at the throne.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It would seem to me, if they do not believe in a higher spirit, or God of any kind, they would not worship Satan either. satan is supposed to be a creation of God so it doesn't fit the worship criteria. IMHO, people who don't believe in a God, or higher spirit aren't likely to worship anyone they can not see, touch or feel. The very idea of blind faith in something that has not been scientifically proven would doesn't seem to fall into the category of worship of anyone else. a reply to: maxzen2004

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
a reply to: mahatche (speaking about your bottom paragraph) How can you say what reality is? You see things from your point of view, which begins at birth and ends at death, therefore you wish for others to see things the same way. What if the span of your lifetime on earth is a drop in the bucket? After all, it really is just that, a drop in the bucket of the sands of time.

I know I'm experiencing some type of life over a span of decades, my experience is my reality.

I don't need others to stop thinking about the after life. I think about it plenty. I'm not sure I'm an atheist either. I just know specific gods I disagree with. I don't need people to see things my way, I just wish they'd understand what I have to look forward to in life. It's not meaningless without your god. It's not selfish to act for the good of humanity. Having some self worth is a good thing.

There are times when my view of good for humanity stand in direct contrast to your god's, but it's only because I want to be on the side of good. I find some theories on god to emotionally flawed, morally incorrect and tyrannical in nature. They aren't right for me, and I don't want any government to hold me to them legally.
edit on 04pm08pm302014-04-23T20:44:34-05:0008America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well according to your world view, they must be satanist or at lest doing Satan's work. For anything that rebukes your God or does not follow your belief in your God, must be a force of evil It's nice how the circular logic works but don't get caught up in it's whirlpool and sucked to bottom. Persecution in the name of good is a tricky business, and while we're not truly sure on what god feels about it, history and the masses have generally not looked to kindly on it

If life is indeed a spiritual journey then maybe we should focus real hard on that in our own life and not have the insistence that others accept our belief as a prerequisite to our individual enlightenment.

Now as to separation of church and state, it's a noble goal.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004

I served in the military and I would die for my country and its founding fathers beliefs.

Amen

I'm sorry, but this part made me shake my head. I admire your courage for serving, but that statement makes no sense.

So you mean to tell me you would die for Deism, agnosticism, and even as far as atheism also? All of the founders were not 100% Christian, I can tell you that as a fact. Around the time of the nations founding, the age of enlightenment was still going on. A lot of philosophies were going around. There was much, much more openness and room for debate when it came to religion and philosophy back then. Today people go insane if people dare speak out against Christianity. Deism particularly was one of the more popular theories about. Many founders enjoyed different aspects of different philosophies and lived by them. Not exactly something hardcore Christians would be doing.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Atheist feel God is imaginary...so is Satan. So why would we adhere to the teachings of another fairey tale by being Satanist's...absurd....Remember the Constitution, you know the one that's says...Freedom of AND FROM religion. That's why we ask that the God be taken out in most state owned or Government owned places. Beleivers arent the damn only ones with rights.
edit on 23-4-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally posted by: tsingtao

" Its vague but most people do believe in a higher being."

A higher power? Oh yes. Lightning, tornados, earthquakes, oceans, fires, etc. 95% of this world is a higher power because we have to borrow from the elements to stand a chance against them. They are not gods, they are products of chemistry which is a product of physics. Nothing to worship or bow down to, but certainly something to respect. Stuff that can easily wipe us out in our most natural state. Does that qualify as a "higher power"?

ever been to AA? how many atheists there? do they go?

That's because they are encouraged to believe that they are inherently too weak to abstain by their own strength.

lol!! wtf? so you make fun of them for getting help?

Look at you putting words in my...fingers? lol. I said that they are encouraged to believe that they are inherently helpless to abstain by their own strength. According to Wikipedia, the 12 step program includes:

admitting that one cannot control one's addiction or compulsion

Good thing one of us knows what s/he is talking about.

kinda goes with addiction, ya think?
strong willed people, i guess, would not get addicted to the point of needing AA, in the first place.

and i am intimately familiar with the 12 step and AA and rehab.
go sit in on a meeting, NA or AA, overeaters A, even.

what the quote means, is the first step to getting help, is admitting you have a problem.
do you know anyone who is in denial?

"I can quit anytime I want!"

but to tie this into the OP, i don't think i've met a recovering alky satanist.

atheists, maybe court ordered rehab is how they got there.
it would be hard for a true atheist to give up "control" to a higher power than themselves.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

But who is any atheist to tell anybody what to believe. I for one don't tell you that you have to believe in God.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Sremmos80

originally posted by: maxzen2004
a reply to: DietJoke

A family in New Jersey is suing a school district because they say the words "Under God" violates the state constitution.

This is why I think it's political, so please give me a break.

Thanks

First amendment.

~Tenth

Seems like they would have a point. Separation of church and state. If you want god taught in your school then find a private school that fits your belief

Where in the Constitution does it say, "Separation of church and state?"

First Amendment.

Using the First Amendment can you please explain to me why a 10 year old 5th grader was told she would NOT be allowed to say Grace at lunch and that prayer was NOT GOOD three times before she gave up but we have a group of Muslims are being allowed to go forward with a multi-million dollar lawsuit because they weren't allowed to spread their prayer rugs while at the top of the Empire State Building?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

A higher power? Oh yes. Lightning, tornados, earthquakes, oceans, fires, etc. 95% of this world is a higher power because we have to borrow from the elements to stand a chance against them. They are not gods, they are products of chemistry which is a product of physics. Nothing to worship or bow down to, but certainly something to respect. Stuff that can easily wipe us out in our most natural state. Does that qualify as a "higher power"?

That's because they are encouraged to believe that they are inherently too weak to abstain by their own strength.

Look at you putting words in my...fingers? lol. I said that they are encouraged to believe that they are inherently helpless to abstain by their own strength. According to Wikipedia, the 12 step program includes:

strong willed people, i guess, would not get addicted to the point of needing AA, in the first place.

what the quote means, is the first step to getting help, is admitting you have a problem.

it would be hard for a true atheist to give up "control" to a higher power than themselves.

Yeah...none of that changes the fact that you asked me a question and I gave you a valid answer. Its right there in the 12 steps. Alcoholics are encouraged to believe they lack the power to change themselves without divine assistance. And that's why they go to meetings where they "receive" that divine assistance, when really, its as simple as group therapy and externalized self hypnosis. You can do the same trick with a jug of milk.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

.............wow.

Where do you get your "facts" from? I'm Agnostic, I respect every religion and their teachings of morals (whatever floats your boat) but I'm pretty sure if someone doesn't believe in god, they wouldn't believe in "Satan". You can't have the yin without the yang. So you know what I think? I think you made everything up, so you can throw around insults. I respect your religion, and I'm sure a lot of us do. So don't bunch us together and say things like we're heretics and worship the horned red guy with goat legs.
I'm so glad people of my generation aren't as stubborn and closed minded like you. You will all eventually die out (not the beauty of religion, but the "militant" religious people who like to alienate other people who don't believe in your religion) That's not nice!

You will never achieve happiness when you throw curses at others. You should be happy you have a god you believe in. Yeah, sure, teach your kids what you think is best, but don't expect everyone else to do exactly the same as you. The world is changing, people are becoming smarter. You can't stop it. Don't force it. It's just silly.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Nope, Christians created this perverse, historically revised vision of how the US was founded, when it fact, most of it's founding fathers were very critical of religion, some of which people claim were atheists as well.

~Tenth

To some degree, the anti-Christian movement is every bit as guilty when it comes to revisionism of history. Cherry pick who you want to quote and hope you're talking to someone naive or insecure enough to walk away with their tail between their legs...

Our 2nd president, John Adams to Thomas Paine's criticisms of Christianity, "The Christian religion is, above all the religions that ever prevailed or existed in ancient or modern times, the religion of wisdom, virtue, equity and humanity, let the Blackguard Paine say what he will."

--------

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. . . . Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. - John Adams

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
You said it well, but I still can't understand your reasoning. Let me explain...

originally posted by: Peekingsquatch
Fruit doesn't fall far from the tree usually, when I left church on Sundays I always felt like I was nothing but a piece of garbage that was evil and could never do right, no matter how hard I tried until I stepped back and realized they were wrong, and I am right as long as I feel I'm doing good toward others and not condemning their beliefs.

Exactly this, why place this burden on kids, have them feel as worthless piece of garbage? Why not wait until they are old enough to understand religion for what really it is - force to control and source of many questionably morality rules which by today standard are very prejudicial and extremely intolerant?!

I took out of interest religion as class in college, and imho that was proper age to learn about all religions. Out of interest I've read both Bible and Qur'an. If time permits, I might read Vedas as well, but more I read, more I can't believe that grown people believe all of this. I love archeology as well mythology, and I don't see clear line between religion and mythology. For me its all the same, similar stories, same concept and unfortunately for us, humans, we paid and are still paying huge life price because of all of those 'true' religions.

Just as we all grow up to learn that Santa Claus does not really exist, large number of today's population will have to learn that we are 'creators' and in our history we created many Gods, not other way around.

For end, let me tell you that I neither have problem with your neighbor mining his nose, as long as he does not place his products on public places and does not call founding fathers and state product of similar mining, or decide to include nose picking as subject that kids should learn in school paid by taxpayer money.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio
a reply to: nerbot

But who is any atheist to tell anybody what to believe.

It's called free speech, and the same could be said to anyone who DOES believe who tries to convince a non believer.

I for one don't tell you that you have to believe in God.

Feel free to tell me I have to believe in god, it's your call. I'd just ask you to convince me though and that's where you will fail.

Perhaps it's not about what to believe but what NOT to believe. Logic and common sense always win the day.

edit on 23/4/2014 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Yeah...none of that changes the fact that you asked me a question and I gave you a valid answer. Its right there in the 12 steps. Alcoholics are encouraged to believe they lack the power to change themselves without divine assistance. And that's why they go to meetings where they "receive" that divine assistance, when really, its as simple as group therapy and externalized self hypnosis. You can do the same trick with a jug of milk.

they don't have the power, that's just the point.
if they did, they wouldn't need help, would they?
geeze, dude. it's not "divine" assistance. you can imagine anything you want as a higher power, like your jug of milk.

just admitting you can't deal with it by yourself is a start. since it hasn't worked up till that point.
group therapy, sure, encouragement and support, too.
people who understand and been there as opposed to people just saying, "quit"

people are weak, lie to themselves, proud and stupid also.
asking for help is not a weakness. it's smart.

enough of this drifting.

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join