It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

originally posted by: rickynews
You can say only for your own personal viewpoint only. There is a universe of evidence of Almighty God, yet there is Zero evidence of a "No God" theory. Lets be Real.

LOL

You can't be serious.

Is there anything that proves your theory of almighty God who created universe, for witch he just forgot to tell his subjects in rare occasions he used to talk to uneducated folk in middle east couple thousands years ago?!

How old is universe, please tell us...

Look around, above and below, to the east and the west, to the north and the south. The notion the universe was created from "nothing" to all this...would be laughable, if it wasn't so idiotic.
edit on 24-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Firstly, there is no reason to offend anyone. But as you are religious person, I can see how you can validate such a insult to someone who does not believe.

All you mentioned is product of dying start, that ended in supernova many billion years ago. We are product of the same cataclysmic. No creator involved and there is no single thing that points to creator.

Please try to be more specific. This did not prove anything...

You also failed to provide us with age of universe or reason why God forgot to mention rest of universe in his rare appearance many thousands of years ago. Also why he reappeared multiple times to different people prompting many wars over 'who is true' religion and how do you explain that we can trace stories from all religions to some earlier religions that we all call mythology today?!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
** double post - mod - please delete **
edit on 24-4-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: VelvetSplash
You seem to be missing one simple fact - Atheists don't believe in any supernatural entities, whether they be good or evil. They're not Satanists, they don't believe in either Satan or your big daddy in the sky.

As for removing god from "your" schools - I do believe everybodies tax money pays for public schools, regardless of religion. Your schools are also my schools.

The overwhelming Majority of Americans believe in God. As a result, the small minority of Atheists do not get to dictate either their beliefs or their preferences onto the rest of American society. Simple as that.

1) I'm not American. Welcome to the internet, international superhighway.

2) I'm sure a majority of Americans do claim to believe in a god or gods, that doesn't mean they're all the same god, or that everybody even believes in them to the same extent - from simple lipservice so you can use a church's services for births, marriages and deaths to the looney tune crew of Westbro Baptist Church and everywhere in between. Don't speak for everyone when everyone is speaking something different.
edit on 24-4-2014 by VelvetSplash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

Another reason for rejecting God (choosing atheism), is a willing acceptance of satanic deception.
The angel Lucifer (“luminous one”) fell and became Satan (“adversary”) due to his desire to supplant God. This was Lucifer’s single-minded obsession.
He not only rejected God by attempting to supplant Him, but he urged humans to do likewise. Satan urged Eve to choose against God for her own self-fulfilment:
He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’” But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” (Genesis 3:1-5 ESV).
The tactic is clear: firstly, question God’s statements, then, contradict God’s statements and, finally, urge rebellion in seeking equality with God.
This manifests in atheists as
1. Questioning whether there is a God to make statements in the first place, so God did not say anything.
2. Contradicting the statements said to have been spoken by God.
3. Seeking equality with God by replacing God with the self.
This satanic deception appeals strongly to atheists as it bolsters two of their desired delusions: 1) absolute autonomy—being free to do as they please, and 2) the lack of ultimate accountability—there are no eternal consequences for doing as they please.[1]

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

Another reason for rejecting God (choosing atheism), is a willing acceptance of satanic deception.

Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps Christianity is a product of satanic deception? Does not Jesus Himself warn of false messiahs? How can you discern which parts of the Bible are true, and which satanic lies? Can you trust your inner voice? Is it divine or satanic?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarthOej

In my opinion, the first one is a violation of the first amendment. The first amendment doesnt even apply to the 2nd example because, as far as I am aware, the Empire State Building is privately owned.

Is that the point you were trying to make? I don't see what relevance it has.

Source

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. — The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

Imo, a child that wants to bow their head and silently express gratitude for the meal is NOT in violation. Why is that seen as something threatening? In the last 25 - 30 years our country has progressively watered down what is supposed to be one of our constitutional rights while bending over backward to avoid offending anyone other than Christian.

Source

The very First paragraph of the Declaration of Independence recognizes a God over Nature.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Then in the next sentence, acknowledgement of a Creator...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

The Empire State suit will probably wind up a judgement in favor of the plaintiffs.

You and I just disagree and see the issue differently.

That said, I am a fan of C. Hitchens and have read many articles by atheists like James Randi and Penn Jillette. A true atheist is not only NOT going to be a deist of any sort. They also are no less likely to be compassionate and respectful to their fellow man.

I feel more and more that if you are:
#1. A natural born American,
#2. A Christian,
you are living life with two strikes against you to start out with.

My biggest disagreement with the OP is the worry about Satanists. Those who are this country's biggest threat are the ones who worship nothing but power. (They seem to be winning, btw...)
edit on C2014Thu, 24 Apr 2014 07:36:25 -05004th07u2014-04-24T07:36:25-05:00kAmerica/Chicago by CornShucker because: missed a typo

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

I didn't see anything about a Christian, Muslim, Hindu, or Buddhist god in those quoted selections. In fact, those references to a god or creator were extremely vague.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

The angel Lucifer (“luminous one”) fell and became Satan (“adversary”) due to his desire to supplant God. This was Lucifer’s single-minded obsession.
He not only rejected God by attempting to supplant Him, but he urged humans to do likewise. Satan urged Eve to choose against God for her own self-fulfilment:
He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’” But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” (Genesis 3:1-5 ESV).
The tactic is clear: firstly, question God’s statements, then, contradict God’s statements and, finally, urge rebellion in seeking equality with God.
1. Questioning whether there is a God to make statements in the first place, so God did not say anything.
This satanic deception appeals strongly to atheists as it bolsters two of their desired delusions: 1) absolute autonomy—being free to do as they please, and 2) the lack of ultimate accountability—there are no eternal consequences for doing as they please.[1]

Ah! More biblical BS written by people! (Not God)

Atheists don't believe in God because they choose to accept reality. Believing in God is the same as believing in Fairies, Goblins and Santa Claus. Only the latter 3 don't have big books written about them! And people don't try to kill you if you don't believe in them! Satan is a Biblical creation. God is a Biblical creation. It's safe to say the idiots that wrote the Bible have succeeded in programming other idiots to believe in all that rubbish.

At the time of the Bible and soon after it was written there were various Dark Ages, Inquisitions, Wars etc. All these were designed to say "If you don't believe in our God you will die". Funny how people of that time accepted the God lie just to save their own lives isn't it? Basically that was the start of the programming of the people.

That programming continued for centuries until later instead of killing people that don't believe they say "You will go to hell if you don't believe in God"

Or like the start of this thread "You must be a Satanist if you don't believe in God".

Human created Control!!

edit on 24/0420144/1414 by Dorrell because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

So god put the tree of knowledge in the ONLY place they had any chance of reaching it, just happened to leave the gate open for Satan, sat idly by while the serpent corrupted Eve's mind, then wandered into the garden like he had no freaking clue what happened. For an omniscient, omnipotent ruler, god sucks at his job. So if anyone should be blamed for God's incompetence, look to the head cheese himself.

Moving on...Christianity encourages us to believe we are utter trash and filth and that we don't deserve to exist but for the grace of an almighty being who only desires our souls and eternal servitude in return for not crushing us like the putrid cockroaches we are, and any path which leads us to think we might actually be worthwhile and powerful in and of ourselves is a path of the devil and must be avoided at all costs. Yeah, that sounds like the perfect health insurance plan. You accuse atheists of being deceived, when THAT is our recommended alternative. Ha. Haha. Okay.
edit on 24-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
To me is just comical that adult human can believe in stories like that.

Transcript:

When it comes to bull#, big-time, major league bull#, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bull# story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bull# story. Holy #!

But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is #ed up. ..

Rest on: www.rense.com...

We miss you George....

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Complete B.S. as Satan in the sense you are referring to is a part of the Judeo-Christian Pantheon and we don't believe in any god or gods, Satan plays no part whatsoever in our ideology or philosophy of the world. Frankly your continued demonization of Atheists is rather disturbing and shows that you are extraordinarily ignorant and unwilling to undertake what you would insist my children go through, and that is actually learn about a philosophy and frame of mind you are comp,early unfamiliar with. Furthermore your level of judgement I something you clearly know nothing but shows that you don't know the first thing abut Christ or his teachings. Otherwise you would not cast your lurid dispersions of judgement. And people wonder why my tolerance for militant Christianity was waned to nearly nothing since getting my DD-214 handed to me.

He not only rejected God by attempting to supplant Him

Wrong again. Lucifer(the light bringer) was angry that after faithfully serving his lord for eons that The Lord began to favor his alleged new toy, humanity. Satan/Lucifer was petty and jealous of us. It had itching to do with supplanting god.

, but he urged humans to do likewise. Satan urged Eve to choose against God for her own self-fulfilment:

I love when Christians try to convince the workd that the serpent in genesis is/was Satan. Tere is no mention of satan in genesis whatsoever. The original Hebrew text read 'Nahash' which was their word for a snake. Tere was no divine connotation to it whatsoever and rabbis have always interpreted it as symbolism for sexuality but I guess 20th century Christians know far more about Bronze Age Hebrew than Rabbinical scholars

Gotcha...anyone who doesn't accept Christ as their savior is a satanist... Again Jesus is shaking his finger at you saying tsk tsk Why so unaccepting of others when its in direct opposition to the words of your savior?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

What's next on the Atheist Agenda? Restricting or removing the word God in stadiums across this great nation, as we sing the song "America The Beautiful"? Yea Ok, good luck with that...

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

O beautiful for pilgrim feet,
Whose stern impassion'd stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness!
America! America! God mend thine ev'ry flaw,
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law!

O beautiful for heroes proved In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved,
And mercy more than life!
America! America! May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness,
And ev'ry gain divine!

O Beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam,
Undimmed by human tears!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
The U.S. will always be under God, it's just American!

Anything else is just communism.

Lol, you sure love generalizations. Also does God support the killing of civilians abroad?

Oh and Laveyan satanists are atheists, not the other way around.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Since you still don't grasp the concept... A sporting event is held by a privately owned sports team at a privately owned arena, stadium or other such venue that exists to make profit so NO they won't stop singing your patriotic songs that make you all warm and fuzzy inside. The is a massive amount of either cognitive dissonance or intellectual dishonesty involved he to go from one extreme to the other here and not understand that in public tax payer funded institutions like public schools, court houses and other government buildings NO gods have a place. To the Christian/Judaic/Muslim god, not the gods of Ancient Greece and Rome, not the Vedic Gods, no Shinto texts etc... Have any place at all in these buildings. If you want to have children and make them aware of your version of god, that's absolutely your right and I fully support it. Just to on my dime. You've already got tex except churches, parochial schools and religious summer camps that can handle all of it for you. I don't see why a majority of the country and world is soooooo afraid of a pretty small amount if individuals. Recent polls estimate approx. 2.4% of Americans identify as Atheist, and 20% are un affiliated with any religious organization. Even at the high end of the spectrum you outnumber us 4:1

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I'm surprised they don't include the word Fascism in the lyrics. Because America like the UK and Europe is Fascist controlled!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Since you still don't grasp the concept... A sporting event is held by a privately owned sports team at a privately owned arena, stadium or other such venue that exists to make profit so NO they won't stop singing your patriotic songs that make you all warm and fuzzy inside. The is a massive amount of either cognitive dissonance or intellectual dishonesty involved he to go from one extreme to the other here and not understand that in public tax payer funded institutions like public schools, court houses and other government buildings NO gods have a place. To the Christian/Judaic/Muslim god, not the gods of Ancient Greece and Rome, not the Vedic Gods, no Shinto texts etc... Have any place at all in these buildings. If you want to have children and make them aware of your version of god, that's absolutely your right and I fully support it. Just to on my dime. You've already got tex except churches, parochial schools and religious summer camps that can handle all of it for you. I don't see why a majority of the country and world is soooooo afraid of a pretty small amount if individuals. Recent polls estimate approx. 2.4% of Americans identify as Atheist, and 20% are un affiliated with any religious organization. Even at the high end of the spectrum you outnumber us 4:1

Excerpt from The Constitution of the United States of America:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident...all men are... endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men."
Our Declaration of Independence acknowledges a Creator as the source of the unalienable rights that governments are formed to secure. This acknowledgement was the very foundation of the Constitution of the United States of America.

What are those unalienable rights with which we are endowed? They may be described in many ways, but English jurist Sir William Blackstone wrote in 1766, ".these may be reduced to three principal articles:

the right of personal security (life);
the right of personal liberty; and,
the right of private property.."
America's written Constitution was to protect and secure God-given individual rights to life, liberty, and property. If we ever allow this foundation to be eroded and lose faith that these rights are a gift directly from God to each individual, then we lose the basis of the greatness of the miracle of America.

source: National Center for Constitutional Studies
posting at: www.nccs.net...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dorrell

I'm surprised they don't include the word Fascism in the lyrics. Because America like the UK and Europe is Fascist controlled!

Just repeating your accusations doesn't make them any less fallacious. It's been demonstrated multiple times how weak the OP's premise is, including the allegations that atheism is little different from communism. At this point, all you're doing is stuffing your fingers in your ears and shouting "LALALA I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG!"

Either do your business or get off the pot.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Dorrell

Wait...so is it fascist or communist?

The OP said communist.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6
a reply to: Dorrell

Wait...so is it fascist or communist?

The OP said communist.

Atheism and Communism:

Karl Marx said "Religion is the opium of the people". Marx also stated: "Communism begins from the outset (Owen) with atheism; but atheism is at first far from being communism; indeed, that atheism is still mostly an abstraction."[1]
Vladimir Lenin similarly wrote regarding atheism and communism: "A Marxist must be a materialist, i. e., an enemy of religion, but a dialectical materialist, i. e., one who treats the struggle against religion not in an abstract way, not on the basis of remote, purely theoretical, never varying preaching, but in a concrete way, on the basis of the class struggle which is going on in practice and is educating the masses more and better than anything else could."[2]
The atheism in communist regimes has been and continues to be a form of militant atheism which led to various acts of repression, including the razing of thousands of religious buildings and the killing, imprisoning, and oppression of religious leaders and believers.

Source: www.conservapedia.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join