It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
a reply to: amazing

Would you try to remove "Under God"?

I don't know, but...that doesn't make me a Satanist if I did! lol

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
a reply to: beezzer

I have to ask...

Why do christians need to have their faith out in everyonee face but when someone protests they slip into some sort of persecution complex?

Isn't their faith strong enough in their hearts to carry that faith with them no matter where they go? Is their faith so weak they have to have the lords graffiti everywhere even though there is practically a church on every corner?

It seems to me that a lot of christians are very weak and must need constant reminders of their faith when it should be inside them.

That's exactly it! Their faith is threatened when they see others making decisions for themselves without fear of eternal damnation. On top of that, they see that these same people aren't leading sinful and deviant lifestyles. They aren't suffering in their personal lives. The religious have a very hard time reconciling this with their own religious tenants which state that the sinful will be punished and receive the wrath of God.

I had a friend who became a born-again LITERALLY overnight. What was interesting to me is that she supposedly found God but her life went downhill after that. She got divorced, became estranged from her children, couldn't find work. This was all based on her own choices (she had an affair and stopped talking to her children). The same can be said for my niece's father. After my sister left him, he became born again. He couldn't hold a job and got in a relationship with a woman who couldn't stay out of jail. He only saw my niece a few times a year. He began drinking very heavily, decking himself out in Jesus-gear, decorating his car in Jesus stickers, sending my sister texts praying she would find God like he did. He and his girlfriend would physically abuse each other. He died of heart failure due to an underlying condition that was exacerbated by the fact he started drinking so much so fast. It doesn't sound to me like either one of them found God.

In fact, I think that the people who feel the need to shove religion down everyone's throats haven't found God either and they KNOW it...somewhere....deep down.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just came by to say, threads like these are the reason I...and many other long time members do not feel comfortable posting on ATS anymore, this is absolute bottom of the barrel drivel and would have been locked back in the day, the OP presents no sources other than his own small minded and frankly bigoted understanding of what constitutes an "atheist".

Really sad stuff.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crutchley29
Just came by to say, threads like these are the reason I...and many other long time members do not feel comfortable posting on ATS anymore, this is absolute bottom of the barrel drivel and would have been locked back in the day, the OP presents no sources other than his own small minded and frankly bigoted understanding of what constitutes an "atheist".

Really sad stuff.

Freedom of speech includes the freedom to spout drivel. After all, this is a conspiracy forum. What else did you expect, if not "drivel"?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This thread is pure garbage. seriously i'm dissapointed a thread like this could even be started in this day and age. Being an Atheist is not a Cover for Satanists, and neither one of those type of people are even bad. Generally the Smarter people are atheists and Satanists. i bet you guys don't even know what you are talking about. you obviously know nothing about either satanism or atheism. christianity and indeed all religion are tools of control and deception, and as such should be unmercifully EXTERMINATED from the modern world. Religion forces you to be stupid and ignorant. religion has caused more violence than anything else in the world it is the cause of a ton of problems spreading across different areas including science, culture, freedom. i cant believe how people are treated these days for being atheist like myself. Preists TOUCH KIDS and you get away with it, yet you say you are an atheist and you're all of the sudden the worst person in the world. Religion is bull# and needs to be exterminated.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jokei

My personal belief is that it's better to do good things because they are good things, not out of fear of an angry god.

Which, in my opinion, is a particularly perturbing aspect of religion - the evident reality that they must be threatened with damnation in order to be good, kind, caring human beings. Take away God, Satan, and all the churches and their books and doctrines...and what would those people do? Convert to being hideous predators of the night? In that case, religion is doing nothing but distributing sheep's clothing. A guide on how to fool the local flock so you may prey unnoticed.
edit on 23-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

You are SOOOO ignorant. You're like a scared little dog. christians are the ones who are so afraid of change. if you were SECURE and truly had faith in your own belief you would not attack people like me who are atheists. we are doing those things because we know religion is harming the entire world in many different ways. not to mention church and state are always supposed to be SEPERATE so yeah no religion in public schools bro. it's not my fault you are so ignorant and afraid of death that you have to cling to a fairy tale story to get through your day. religion teaches you not to find the real answers to things and to just be a docile sheep which the powers that be can easily control and instill fear into. you are the reason everything in the world is and has been going so wrong for so long.
edit on 23-4-2014 by ominousrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Aside from private schools, wouldn't separation of god and state sort of apply? Not Satanism.

I don't see it appropriate for any religion to (for lack of a better word ATM) "indoctrinate" kids in public schools or textbooks.

Some of what Texas has been revising and whitewashing in their textbooks disturbs me more. (like not using the word slavery and using "Atlantic triangular trade" instead for ex)
And otherswww.pbs.org...
edit on 4/23/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
These threads seem to bring out strong feelings in people, which proves how impactful to ones identity believing or not believing is. There is no win for this argument because it's about perspective, and people's most deeply held beliefs about what brought us here and where we go when we die. We are either spiritual beings or nothing more than organic matter that happened into existence by chance. And - all the variations of that in between.

From my perspective atheism has nothing to do with satanism. An atheist does not believe in God and therefore would not worship that which is opposite God. To dislike God or to go against that would first mean you have to believe there is a spirit realm that hosts God and God's opposite.

From a hard core religious perspective someone might say to try to take God out of the world is to be inadvertently working for satan. I've heard this later interpretation - that satan works through those who are not with God. I don't believe that but some do. I am sure that is what people react to when they criticize religion. Extremists. If I'm wrong hopefully someone can correct me. Regardless - all people who believe should not be lumped into one category.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
a reply to: jokei

My personal belief is that it's better to do good things because they are good things, not out of fear of an angry god.

Which, in my opinion, is a particularly perturbing aspect of religion - the evident reality that they must be threatened with damnation in order to be good, kind, caring human beings. Take away God, Satan, and all the churches and their books and doctrines...and what would those people do? Convert to being hideous predators of the night? In that case, religion is doing nothing but distributing sheep's clothing. A guide on how to fool the local flock so you may prey unnoticed.

Ha yeah good point and it is something I have thought about regarding anarchism. People that cling to the government often bring up rape and murder and theft etc... I ask them if they would do these things if there was no state, they always say no but hmmmm lol

I kinda feel sorry for the religious folk now even if they do bring it on themselves...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec
These threads seem to bring out strong feelings in people, which proves how impactful to ones identity believing or not believing is. There is no win for this argument because it's about perspective, and people's most deeply held beliefs about what brought us here and where we go when we die. We are either spiritual beings or nothing more than organic matter that happened into existence by chance. And - all the variations of that in between.

From my perspective atheism has nothing to do with satanism. An atheist does not believe in God and therefore would not worship that which is opposite God. To dislike God or to go against that would first mean you have to believe there is a spirit realm that hosts God and God's opposite.

From a hard core religious perspective someone might say to try to take God out of the world is to be inadvertently working for satan. I've heard this later interpretation - that satan works through those who are not with God. I don't believe that but some do. I am sure that is what people react to when they criticize religion. Extremists. If I'm wrong hopefully someone can correct me. Regardless - all people who believe should not be lumped into one category.

Yeah that one is another clever little ploy, it's chock full of the kings new clothes type ridiculousness... If you don't like god then satanworks through you is just more non-sense. Just like you can't see god because if you did he'd blow your tiny little mind and you would die! Hah.. sure.. Or does this mean god didn't make us very well? We explode just by looking at him.

I mean I would never take my children to an establishment that taught this craziness and I'd never give someone control of the country if they believed in it.

EDIT: I mean seriously, can you imagine if someone was trying to be president and then said they believed in eleves and witches and fairies or whatever, like was serious about it. How we must give thanks to the almighty darth... I mean you would seek to get the poor chap some help... Why does religion get a free pass? Infact its encouraged... Like "fight for god and country" but both sides pray to god lmao...

edit on 23-4-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

I remember when I studied I asked who made god? I was told he always was and always will be... Again very convenient... lol

If he did something crazy in the bible like kill a bunch of people, oh I dunno like the whole world... Well, god knows best you see... You are just a thicko human! Duh!!! Yeah, okay then, seems legit...
edit on 23-4-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I can't help but feel uneasy when the followers of jealous gods see me as evil.

"You don't follow my god? You must be with Satan!" are we really going there?

OP is sitting here telling people he served in the military and he's ready to fight, while the rest of us only want a philosophical debate. Whose the evil one? This is the effect of the jealous tyrant. Followers of beliefs that encourage free thought never act this way. Followers of jealous tyrants need to keep their tyrant happy and they do it with violence.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
a reply to: WhiteAlice

There are Satanists calling themselves Atheists, it makes it easier for them.

I haven't met a single Satanist posing as an Atheist in the slightest. What I have met are those who will feign to have a comical or satirical religious belief for the purpose of mocking spiritual beliefs and religions. See the Flying Spaghetti Monster associated with Pastafarianism. Such antics are meant for shock value. I do not doubt for one second that some might claim to be Satanists for the purpose of affronting others in demands of equality of representation between the two opposing religions. I could see that as well. Me, personally? What I believe is my business and what you believe is yours.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The problem with Atheists is that they have nothing and nothing is plenty for them.

An Atheist is an empty glass, the reason others say the glass is half empty or half full is because there is something in it. An empty glass, is an empty vessel...what do you do with an empty glass? you wait for someone/thing to come and fill it, that is an Atheist.

If all these Atheists believe in nothing then why the Atheist churches? why the arguing, fighting to remove god, why blatant defacement of religion? Why do they have to fight so hard to prove there is nothing? It is because they are not Atheists, they have now been filled up with something...hate. They don't understand it, they don't want to. they just want to be right.

Satan embodies all the qualities that Atheists love, selfishness, they believe in themselves only, they are the only thing that matters to them. What makes a Satanist...is someone who is against all things un-selfish. The reason I see and agree with your post is because all of the Atheists I know who are against god embody all the things Satanists/Satan stand for...Dogmatic, pride, selfishness and instinct.

The word Satan means Adversary in Hebrew...Atheists are Adversaries of God, makes them Satanists in my mind.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dianec

I have a Christian friend who was having a conversation with another Christian while I sat by playing on my phone. It caught my attention that he kept emphasizing his being a Christian, which struck me as curious. Why do you need to broadcast that information? Doesn't scripture say that God frowns on crowing your spirituality from the rooftops? Deut 15 and Matt 6. They both say not to wave your faith for the neighbors to see. That comes dangerously close to pride. Not that I really care what scripture says, but they certainly should! That's why it's important to me, because it's no longer merely a lifestyle, it's a name brand. It's a business. This friend was flying his flag and letting the other Christian know that he was a member of the "club", so to speak. "You know I'm cool because Jesus is my lord and savior! Hehe!" It's the way they treat it like that. Not as though it's a discipline, but a VIP pass they can wave around like it makes them superior or special. They are doing it because they want something in return, not because it's the right thing to do.
edit on 23-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

If someone wants to be a Christian that is fine. But one of the problems with Evangelicals in America is that they have this strange mistaken belief that America is a "Christian nation." Nothing could be further from the truth! Most of the founding fathers were either Deists or non-conventional Christians who despised creed-making, and recognized the dangers of church-state connections. They knew this first hand because the Holy Roman Empire was still in existence during the time the USA was becoming an independent nation. These Evangelicals think that if someone is an atheist, or Hindu, or Buddhist, or Muslim, or anything else they cannot be a legitimate part of our country. Don't believe me? Just try running for President and tell people you are atheist, or Hindu and see how many votes you get, and how loudly the Evangelicals will scream bloody murder. It is because of the extremist views and actions of Evangelicals that atheism is gaining such a foothold in the West. It is part of the natural state of opposing viewpoints. One side gains attention, followed by a backlash and the other side gains ascendency, and so on and so on. Atheists are NOT Satanists. Satanism is mostly a myth anyway. Back in the late 1980s and into the 1990s Evangelicals were proclaiming Satanists were everywhere, until it was finally revealed that it was all fake. There are people who worship Satan, but they are very small in number, and have nothing to do with atheists who don't believe in a spiritual world at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

"Under God" was not added to the Pledge of Allegiance until 1954. Our founding fathers believed in God, but not the God that Evangelicals today believe in. They held that God was a creator, but that once He brought forth the universe He stepped aside and allowed things to continue without His influence. The reason atheists are so popular is because of the backlash that comes from the forceful activities of Evangelicals seen over the past thirty years. The problem really began with the founding of the Moral Majority under Jerry Fallwell in the late 1970s. Ever since then, they have gotten themselves involved in politics and tried to establish a "theocracy" in the United States. They even began to assert that America is a "Christian nation" which is not true by any stretch of the imagination. This nation officially recognizes the existence of God, but this God could be the Christian God, the Jewish God, the Muslim God, or the Buddist and Hindu view of God(s). To claim anything different is disingenuous. Do you remember the fake argument that Obama was a Muslim and that this disqualified him from being President? Well, that argument was being pushed by Evangelicals. This demonstrates that they have no understanding of the history of our country, nor do they understand the views held by the founding fathers. Our country can have a President who believes anything he wants, and the Constitution supports that. Our official government documents say nothing about Christianity, only the notion of God as a creator who exists. If you were to read some of the writings of the founding fathers you would be shocked because they hated Christianity, and knew first hand the evils of having church and state unified. The Holy Roman Empire existed until 1806, which means all of our founding fathers lived through the evils of church state government, and they did not want it happening in America. Sadly, while we haven't seen the Catholic Church institute a church state government, we do see Protestants trying to do it. This is why atheism is becoming popular because people are sick and tired of having theocracy shoved down our throats, and false arguments about America being a "christian nation" being screamed from the rooftops. It's a natural swinging of the ideological pendulum. Evangelicals - and I make that distinction because most Christians are NOT Evangelical and hate what Evangelicals are trying to do - are ruining this country and trying to make it into something our founding fathers would have abhorred.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dovdov

Nicely put posts.

On a side note, baiting threads like this amaze me sometimes when I see the number of stars and flags for uninformed assumptions and what seem to be just rants calling for attention just because they believe in the Christian god (of their understanding) and don't really understand the issues.

It's the OP's right to express themselves, I know, no matter how little they know what they are talking about.

it's great that this has been a pretty civil thread considering there was a bit of aggression in the OP.
edit on 4/23/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Why do I have to believe in a God, any God to be an American? To pledge allegiance to my country? To send my kid to a public school that my tax dollars pay for? To receive Justice or to be judged fairly in a court of law?

This isn't about being anti-Christian. It's about Atheists receiving equal representation by the 1st Amendment and really the entire Constitution.

How
is
anyone
not
getting
this
?

It protects you religious folks too! Religion free government keeps everyone safe and free to practice their own. When you leave 'God' there, you are begging someone to answer the question of "Which God?".

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Have you been evaluated by a psychiatrist? I really don't think there's anything else worth saying in response to this thread.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join