It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Under god was never in anything up until the 50 or do you not understand that? It was included during the commie scares. The country operated just fine before that. Keep your religion to yourself.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Using the First Amendment can you please explain to me why a 10 year old 5th grader was told she would NOT be allowed to say Grace at lunch and that prayer was NOT GOOD three times before she gave up but we have a group of Muslims are being allowed to go forward with a multi-million dollar lawsuit because they weren't allowed to spread their prayer rugs while at the top of the Empire State Building?

In my opinion, the first one is a violation of the first amendment. The first amendment doesnt even apply to the 2nd example because, as far as I am aware, the Empire State Building is privately owned.

Is that the point you were trying to make? I don't see what relevance it has.

(post by Peekingsquatch removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
...Anyone else caught that I probably shouldn't have gotten on this thread?? Religious discussions get me po-ed especially when someone perverts my belief in to something it is not and hides behind the description like the guy above. Sorry if I upset anyone... This thread is surprising actually that it was even allowed. "Are aetheists satanists?" That's a seriously stupid question. Again sorry if I offended anyone....

Honestly here's the answer, aetheists-true aetheists do not care what you believe.
They do not worship satan.
They celebrate Christmas, Easter and any other recognized holidays.
They do not push their views on their kids, they let them decide for themselves, and encourage them to go to church if that is what they wish, and explain bible stories.(if they know them)
We just choose not to go to an organized religious gathering every Saturday or Sunday and sometimes even hold our own belief instead of just going with the crowd.
We are usually the ones doing yard work when you are at church on Sundays, and hold no ill will toward anyone that does, and if we do -it is only an excuse that we are aetheist to start # with others because we are A-holes without a job and too much time on our hands except for me....end rant!!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peekingsquatch
...Anyone else caught that I probably shouldn't have gotten on this thread?? Religious discussions get me po-ed especially when someone perverts my belief in to something it is not and hides behind the description like the guy above. Sorry if I upset anyone... This thread is surprising actually that it was even allowed. "Are aetheists satanists?" That's a seriously stupid question. Again sorry if I offended anyone....

Honestly here's the answer, aetheists-true aetheists do not care what you believe.
They do not worship satan.
They celebrate Christmas, Easter and any other recognized holidays.
They do not push their views on their kids, they let them decide for themselves, and encourage them to go to church if that is what they wish, and explain bible stories.(if they know them)
We just choose not to go to an organized religious gathering every Saturday or Sunday and sometimes even hold our own belief instead of just going with the crowd.
We are usually the ones doing yard work when you are at church on Sundays, and hold no ill will toward anyone that does, and if we do -it is only an excuse that we are aetheist to start # with others because we are A-holes without a job and too much time on our hands except for me....end rant!!

Unfortunately, some people would rather just use a strawman in order to push out their particular views.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I would change this thread around by asking:

Is Christianity a cover for Terrorism?

Looking at the world and what has happened and what is happening seems to be under the cover of Christianity. All the Wars we have had have been started by Christians for regime change, resource grabbing and the Murder of Muslims!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32
Lol where do you see this? Can you please point out some examples? All I see is common sense and rational thinking. We say go ahead and believe whatever you like!

Political atheism usually starts out with pretty words on humanitarianism, progress, social justice, equality...but soon goes all Kim Jong Ill, Stalin and Mao on you. The marriage of atheism and politics has been the most genocidal force in the History of mankind. A bloodthirsty killer who hides behind rational thinking and tolerance. The very INSTANT this killer is in power, all pretense of "tolerance" is quickly abandoned and hell on earth is unleashed on the horrified masses. These are not my "beliefs", they are historical facts. On a small scale you see the hidden rage of Atheists on online Forums where they speak of tolerance and rational thinking but their actions are those of mockery, ridicule, attack, denial. Critical thinking, questioning, examination are unwelcome.

While I am no Christian myself, nor a believer in Satan in the Christian sense, I can really see why Christians would be highly skeptical of this force of mayhem and destruction that poses as the dove of world peace.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Skyfloating

Same as Meee32 said, please provide some examples enlightened one.

"Political atheism usually starts out with pretty words on humanitarianism, progress, social justice, equality...but soon goes all Kim Jong Ill, Stalin and Mao on you. The marriage of atheism and politics has been the most genocidal force in the History of mankind. A bloodthirsty killer who hides behind rational thinking and tolerance. The very INSTANT this killer is in power, all pretense of "tolerance" is quickly abandoned and hell on earth is unleashed on the horrified masses. These are not my "beliefs", they are historical facts. On a small scale you see the hidden rage of Atheists on online Forums where they speak of tolerance and rational thinking but their actions are those of mockery, ridicule, attack, denial. Critical thinking, questioning, examination...

This is not an example, only opinion-yours. How dare you compare me to Stalin and lil Kim. You're acting as a jihadist-aetheist would, meaning you are really not aetheist, and you do not personally set the standard for all of us. (I know guys, breath)

Real aetheists do not care what others do, nor do we care if they pray or decorate for christmas. The ones that do care, and call themselves aetheist are hiding behind the designation only in order to oppress others and that is not what an aetheist is....

So in your spewing about something you claim to be a part of but aren't, can you please provide some examples, because lil Kim worships his mirror and claims himself to be a deity, Stalin worships little boys and Greek Orthodox, and Mao I think was a goat and buddhist, then marxist-leninism but was the only that did shun religion all together eventually.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

You're acting as a jihadist-aetheist would, meaning you are really not aetheist, and you do not personally set the standard for all of us.

So in your spewing about something you claim to be a part of but aren't

Why do you say that I claim to be an atheist? Nowhere do I claim to be an atheist.

You see, this is why its so difficult to talk to atheists online. There is just so much emotionality and so little reality or factuality in their posting. Rage trumps reason.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Just because someone doesn't believe in a higher power doesn't mean that they are evil/satanic. Believing or praising any certain God isn't what our founding fathers intended, as there is no law on what religion an American has to be. We're free to believe or not believe in whatever we choose.
edit on 24-4-2014 by xxELEMENTxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skyfloating

You're acting as a jihadist-aetheist would, meaning you are really not aetheist, and you do not personally set the standard for all of us.

So in your spewing about something you claim to be a part of but aren't

Why do you say that I claim to be an atheist? Nowhere do I claim to be an atheist.

You see, this is why its so difficult to talk to atheists online. There is just so much emotionality and so little reality or factuality in their posting. Rage trumps reason.

Well, when people pull so-called facts out of their nether regions about what they think that atheists do/think, can you blame atheists for being a little irked?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
You seem to be missing one simple fact - Atheists don't believe in any supernatural entities, whether they be good or evil. They're not Satanists, they don't believe in either Satan or your big daddy in the sky.

As for removing god from "your" schools - I do believe everybodies tax money pays for public schools, regardless of religion. Your schools are also my schools.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: VelvetSplash
You seem to be missing one simple fact - Atheists don't believe in any supernatural entities, whether they be good or evil. They're not Satanists, they don't believe in either Satan or your big daddy in the sky.

As for removing god from "your" schools - I do believe everybodies tax money pays for public schools, regardless of religion. Your schools are also my schools.

The overwhelming Majority of Americans believe in God. As a result, the small minority of Atheists do not get to dictate either their beliefs or their preferences onto the rest of American society. Simple as that.
edit on 24-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
Atheists are legally removing god from our schools, public displays and courthouse buildings. Supposely they don't believe in higher being yet they seemed threatened by the word God. Atheist must believe in something, money, power, food? I would say love but that might be related to God, might be confusing just like the word God. This country was founded with God, it's all over our country's most important documents. Why is this minority trying to take away what made this, the greatest country? How many children with Atheist parents find faith in God? Is it terrible to have the word God in a powerful speech in the morning to remind everyone we live in a great and free country?

I love to go to baseball, hockey or football games and be humbled by our red, white and blue as everyone repeats under God.

Atheist continue to push that they believe in nothing but are fighting to remove God from our schools, buildings and children.

That is why I believe Atheist are actually Satanists, for a group who have no beliefs they are spending big money to remove God.

God is Satans greatest enemy as the Atheists.

The U.S. will always be under God, it's just American!

Anything else is just communism.

I served in the military and I would die for my country and its founding fathers beliefs.

Amen

In the USA maybe

"Atheist are actually Satanists,"

Really? 3.5% of our world is America, you are talking a very small portion of people here, like 1% of the planet.
I respect your words, but on the other hand find them offensive. Well, if I was American I would, calling people that..

ok, just say God is real..if so, then so is the Devil, the Devil owns this World
Maybe you have a point?

RESPECT
edit on 24/4/2014 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

This is not an example, only opinion-yours. How dare you compare me to Stalin and lil Kim. You're acting as a jihadist-aetheist would, meaning you are really not aetheist, and you do not personally set the standard for all of us. (I know guys, breath)

Why so many labels?

Why do you have a need to label people, especially the one that disagree with you?!

originally posted by: rickynews
The overwhelming Majority of Americans believe in God. As a result, the small minority of Atheists do not get to dictate either their beliefs or their preferences onto the rest of American society. Simple as that.

Since when majority can enforce itself over minority? There are many laws that prevent that, and this topic is just product of frustration of someone who just realized that USA is not Christian nation, even majority of population is Christian.

As for believe in 'God', Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson in one of his speeches has showed clear connection between education and belief - higher education - less people believe in God. So what are you trying to say? Most of American's are uneducated?

Here is his speech where he said that problem is not uneducated mass of believers who don't believe in science, but top scientist who still believe in supreme being even all points that such a being is just product of human imagination.

He also pointed to danger of erosion in progress due to religion.
edit on 24-4-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: VelvetSplash
Atheists don't believe in any supernatural entities

I see. So atheists are also materialists then? I didnt know denial of God also included denial of Spirituality, Spirits, Ghosts, the Paranormal, Meditation, Energy, Chi, Prana, subtle forces, reincarnation, consciousness independent of the brain and so forth. So this "atheism" truly is a modern cult.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xxELEMENTxx
Believing or praising any certain God isn't what our founding fathers intended, as there is no law on what religion an American has to be. We're free to believe or not believe in whatever we choose.

That is true, but question the OP's is asking is whether or not Atheism is a cover for Satanism, and the fact remains that Atheists and Satanists both deny - and have a designed desire to convert others - to a misguided belief that Almighty God does not exist. This correlation suggests that if they are not essentially one in the same, then at the very minimum, they have an agenda that is most certainly in tandem with eachother.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This is what get's me about some of the religious. They can't comprehend for one second that atheists such as myself genuinely do not believe in their god, they think we have some hidden agenda. Well I for one can say with certainty that there is no god, there is no satan, no heaven and no hell. The level of indoctrination some of these people have been exposed to is stronger than any CIA brainwashing techniques.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: GafferUK1981
This is what get's me about some of the religious. They can't comprehend for one second that atheists such as myself genuinely do not believe in their god, they think we have some hidden agenda. Well I for one can say with certainty that there is no god, there is no satan, no heaven and no hell. The level of indoctrination some of these people have been exposed to is stronger than any CIA brainwashing techniques.

You can say only for your own personal viewpoint only. There is a universe of evidence of Almighty God, yet there is Zero evidence of a "No God" theory. Lets be Real.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
You can say only for your own personal viewpoint only. There is a universe of evidence of Almighty God, yet there is Zero evidence of a "No God" theory. Lets be Real.

LOL

You can't be serious.

Is there anything that proves your theory of almighty God who created universe, for witch he just forgot to tell his subjects in rare occasions he used to talk to uneducated folk in middle east couple thousands years ago?!

How old is universe, please tell us...

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join