It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

The U.S. will always be under God, it's just American! Anything else is just communism. I served in the military and I would die for my country and its founding fathers beliefs.

So I see during your time in the military you actually learned nothing about what the founding fathers believed in. Looks like your history teacher failed doing their job in school also.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Here is what I'll say... Atheists have a nonstop assault on Christianity. I never hear about an atheist complaining or protesting anything to do with Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. For that one reason I'd consider this topic. Although I suspect most atheists in the current times are just jumping on the bandwagon because it's the "cool hip" thing to do.

Absolute rubbish, I have never heard of an atheist protest, like a bunch of atheists get together for meetings and have banners and stuff hahaha Nah, but seen religious folks doing that, trying to force their beliefs on people...

As an atheist, I am indifferent about all the fairytales no matter the name, no bias for me here.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

Off topic slightly....

Just wanted to wish you a happy 33rd.

With that said... out of th way I go...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Honcho

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

You make a good point. Why are they so repulsed by the idea of God if they don't believe in God? You would think that the idea would be as harmless as say, a chair, if God were so nebulous to them.

And on the other hand I've known of Satanists who claim to be Atheists. I really don't understand how you can believe in Satan, if you don't believe in the spirit realm. Or perhaps my understanding on that is lacking. I just don't know.

A great deal of Satanist's would indeed by Atheist's at their core. So they would be considered Atheistic Satanist's. But do not confuse that with plain old Atheism. Satanism has it's own codes and ideals that Atheism does not uphold. So they are not one in the same. Those Satanist's, along with most others DO NOT in fact believe in a literal Satan within the different branches. And they DO NOT try to worship or pay tribute to him/it. They simply view him/it as a symbol. The most popular Satanism in this respect is Leveyan Satanism.

So, I know what some of you are thinking; "Well, if they don't believe in Satan, why are they called Satanist's?"

They call themselves that because they admire, I guess you could say, Satan's image. They think of his image to be one of independence, free will, wisdom, and self-preservation. Most Satanist's feel that they should be left in charge of them selves, and shouldn't have to be subservient under a higher power. Literally believing in Satan, or any other god would actually be in a direct conflict which their own beliefs. Since it's been established that they do not want to be anyone's slave/puppet, for lack of a better word. They enjoy their freedom of choice/action.

They orient themselves heavily on human nature, and not being ashamed of it. They actually encourage people to indulge and enjoy themselves. So, Satanist's tend to believe that they should be free to do as they wish. But, Satanism does frown on certain things. They do not promote anarchy or chaos. They do not like Thieves, ignorance, dishonesty, deceit, rape, disrespect, or unprovoked/unneeded violence (which includes animals) as well as many other things in between.

That is what a typical Atheistic Satanist would most likely tell you.

So by some twist of logic, to enjoy and defend our innate right to be human - along with all the physiological and psychological trappings that accompany such - is to be Satanic?

And people frown on atheism...good grief lol

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Actually they do. They have groups and meetings and conventions. I'm sure you've heard about Atheism Plus.
If Richard Dawkings spent more time in scientific pursuit rather than making a career out of having the same constant argument with creationists then the world would be a better place.
Atheists are foolish in my opinion.
Any atheist without an agenda who has any real interest or pursuit of knowledge should really consider Agnostism.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cabin

Imagine a situation, where you are required to watch some series or sports you dislike, day after day, day after day. How would it make you feel? Would you say asking not to be forced to watch it, is comparable to you forcing your beliefs onto them? The only thing you want is peace from something you have no interested in, not being forced to listen/watch stuff you do not believe in/care about.

Atheists are not pushing satanism into schools, they are just tired of being forced to hear about religon day after day. They are not asking you to not be religious, they are asking not to be forced to say or hear religious talk. They are not asking to preach you their beliefs, they are asking you to stop preaching your beliefs onto them.

hey, are you in school? where do you hear about religion day after day? i could care less what they don't want to hear.

i don't want to hear their crap either.

i don't want to hear that they want a cross taken down somewhere or under God taken out of the pledge, or any other bs they can think of.

like sporting events, or other bs.
talk about intrusive and in your face!

atheism might as well be satanism. push God out of the way, same crap, different wrapper.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thanks a lot

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Lol. I've never heard anything more ridiculous than that stupid statement.

I'm an ex Christian turned Atheist. I became one because I was sick of the Religious Indoctrination and control.

After studying the Ancient World it's obvious to see that God is just a Man Made construct designed for control and destruction of Human Spirituality!

You don't need faith in an invisible entity to be a good person. To say that Atheists are Satanists is just so laughable and stupid.

I don't need a God in my life to live my life!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32

originally posted by: tsingtao

So wait... if someone doesn't believe in the "god" fairytale what makes you think they believe in the "satan" fairytale thats used in the "god" fairytale to scare the children into being "good"? Lol... Atheists are just people that grew up and stopped believing in fairytales altogether...

Now with that in mind, what do you think their opinion will be of teaching fairytales in the schools as though it were real? Imagine if we decided to teach children that dragons and eleves are real and they created us and we need to "pray" to them... lol Yeah atheists aren't going to be diggin that... Same goes for politics... Fairytales have no place anywhere baring a small childs bedtime, even then I question the value in telling "fairytales/lies" to children.

Edit: Maybe the real conspiracy is fairytales... Maybe they are there to make people open to believing any old non-sense even well into adulthood... Pretty easy to manipulate people that will believe anything!

are you done? how far away are you from childhood?

did you just find out about the tooth fairy? ever read the grims bros?

don't have kids dude.

Too late I have 3 of them lol... But yeah could be a scary thought telling the kids the truth and treating them with the same respect I demand... What a terrible dad I must be huh... Lol

As for my age I'm 33 today actually.

still a kid.

i suppose you don't celebrate christmas? halloween? birthdays? no easter egg hunts.
must be wonderful being your kids.

"my dad says..." i bet they have many friends.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Wow, what a moronic drivel.

Satanism:

Satanism is a broad term referring to a group of social movements comprising diverse ideological and philosophical beliefs. Their shared features include symbolic association with, or admiration for the character of Satan, and Prometheus, which are in their view, liberating figures.

This is how i see it:

Satanism is a broad term referring to a group of social movements comprising diverse ideological and philosophical beliefs. Their shared features include symbolic association with, or admiration for the character of MICKEY MOUSE, and DONALD DUCK, which are in their view, liberating figures.

If its too completed....

Atheist cant be Satanist because Satan is equalled to Mickey Mouse to them!

Anyone who actually though this thread would be interesting doesn't have any brain cell.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

atheism might as well be satanism. push God out of the way, same crap, different wrapper.

You got it all wrong.

Satanism is more close in origin and use as Religion.

Atheism on the other hand has nothing to do with either. It is disbelief in God and other human byproducts...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

" Its vague but most people do believe in a higher being."

A higher power? Oh yes. Lightning, tornados, earthquakes, oceans, fires, etc. 95% of this world is a higher power because we have to borrow from the elements to stand a chance against them. They are not gods, they are products of chemistry which is a product of physics. Nothing to worship or bow down to, but certainly something to respect. Stuff that can easily wipe us out in our most natural state. Does that qualify as a "higher power"?

ever been to AA? how many atheists there? do they go?

That's because they are encouraged to believe that they are inherently too weak to abstain by their own strength.

lol!! wtf? so you make fun of them for getting help?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gear

Actually they do. They have groups and meetings and conventions. I'm sure you've heard about Atheism Plus.
If Richard Dawkings spent more time in scientific pursuit rather than making a career out of having the same constant argument with creationists then the world would be a better place.
Atheists are foolish in my opinion.
Any atheist without an agenda who has any real interest or pursuit of knowledge should really consider Agnostism.

Well that is a surprise as I've never heard of it lol... Never had one knock my door either, funny I have had various religions do this. I've also never seen an atheist church, do those exist too? Lol...

And now you imply that atheists have an "agenda" lol... The thing is atheists didn't pose the suggestion that god exists, did they? They simply don't believe the story... So how could they possibly have an agenda for anything?

Do religions have an agenda? In fact aren't they more likely to have one seeing as they started the whole debate?

There is absolutely no reason to believe in god... I mean could he exist? Sure, so could fairies and eleves and dragons and anything else your mind can conjure, doesn't mean I believe they do though, in fact I don't think they do... are you "agnostic" about these too? Or are you sure dragons and such are fairytales?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

I doubt it. Atheists don't believe in God. Every atheist I know has no belief in a spirit world. I suppose some could. But I haven't met any. A person can be atheist and believe in Satan .... and Satanists could hide behind an atheist mask ... but I"m thinking that's a rare thing. IMHO.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I see some are arguing schools, secular vs Christian.

Now ask yourself are our school systems better off now or then?

here is a list

History of America's Education Part3:
Universities, Textbooks and Our Founders

www.tysknews.com...

106 of the first 108 colleges were started on the Christian faith. By the close of 1860 there were 246 colleges in America. Seventeen of these were state institutions; almost every other one was founded by Christian denominations or by individuals who avowed a religious purpose.

Harvard College, 1636 - An Original Rule of Harvard College: "Let every student be plainly instructed and earnestly pressed to consider well, the main end of his life and studies is, to know God and Jesus Christ which is eternal life, (John 17:3), and therefore to lay Christ in the bottom, as the only foundation of all sound knowledge and learning."

William and Mary, 1691 - The College of William and Mary was started mainly due to the efforts of Rev. James Blair in order, according to its charter of 1691, "that the Church of Virginia may be furnished with a seminary of ministers of the gospel, and that the youth may be piously educated in good letters and manners, and that the Christian religion may be propagated among the Western Indians to the glory of Almighty God."

Yale University, 1701 - Yale University was started by Congregational ministers in 1701,"for the liberal and religious education of suitable youth…to propagate in this wilderness, the blessed reformed Protestant religion…"

Princeton, 1746 - Associated with the Great Awakening, Princeton was founded by the Presbyterians in 1746. Rev. Jonathan Dickinson became its first president, declaring, "cursed be all that learning that is contrary to the cross of Christ."

Just a little example
www.tysknews.com...

On a personal note, I was told teach you children reading, from the Bible, and they will be very smart and have a good start, it is true, it works.

Of course all of the universities back then were started by churches they were mainly the only people that had enough money to start them. And it's these highly overpriced colleges that give us people like Bush and Obama so what happened to the religious thing.

No the reason why the child is smart is because you are actually taking the time to teach them something. Children learn easier from their parents than some stranger. So you could read from the encyclopedia and get the same result.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dorrell
Lol. I've never heard anything more ridiculous than that stupid statement.

I'm an ex Christian turned Atheist. I became one because I was sick of the Religious Indoctrination and control.

After studying the Ancient World it's obvious to see that God is just a Man Made construct designed for control and destruction of Human Spirituality!

You don't need faith in an invisible entity to be a good person. To say that Atheists are Satanists is just so laughable and stupid.

I don't need a God in my life to live my life!

then you knock yourself out.

good luck in whatever you do.

you don't need friends either, i guess.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
nonono.
we are not threatened by the word god.
we are threatened by the people who believe in a fairy tale with one goal only.
To control people in mass.

Stupidity at it's finest.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

So wait... if someone doesn't believe in the "god" fairytale what makes you think they believe in the "satan" fairytale thats used in the "god" fairytale to scare the children into being "good"? Lol... Atheists are just people that grew up and stopped believing in fairytales altogether...

Now with that in mind, what do you think their opinion will be of teaching fairytales in the schools as though it were real? Imagine if we decided to teach children that dragons and eleves are real and they created us and we need to "pray" to them... lol Yeah atheists aren't going to be diggin that... Same goes for politics... Fairytales have no place anywhere baring a small childs bedtime, even then I question the value in telling "fairytales/lies" to children.

Edit: Maybe the real conspiracy is fairytales... Maybe they are there to make people open to believing any old non-sense even well into adulthood... Pretty easy to manipulate people that will believe anything!

are you done? how far away are you from childhood?

did you just find out about the tooth fairy? ever read the grims bros?

don't have kids dude.

Too late I have 3 of them lol... But yeah could be a scary thought telling the kids the truth and treating them with the same respect I demand... What a terrible dad I must be huh... Lol

As for my age I'm 33 today actually.

still a kid.

i suppose you don't celebrate christmas? halloween? birthdays? no easter egg hunts.
must be wonderful being your kids.

"my dad says..." i bet they have many friends.

If I had my way I wouldn't celebrate any of the above, you're right... I also do not celebrate ramadan (or however you spell it) are you still as shocked? Tell me, why would I celebrate religious holidays when I am not religious? Peer pressure? Lmao... Unfortunately I have a partner who yeilds to peer pressure and so celebrates these insane holidays... But yeah I should totally tell my kids lies so they can assimilate and be like everyone else! Lol...

Fortunately, and this will shock you, we can have fun on any day we like without being told! Omgz!!

Also I don't like to tell the kids whats what... They learn by themselves and are free to explore any avenue they like and I am there to help them with that only... I home educate them, but even that is not accurate as they educate themselves and I don't want to take that away from them. They're free to go to school whenever they feel like it.

All of them makes friends wherever they go very easilly, thank you.

But hey you must be so awesome you can tell the lives of even my children without even knowing them or myself. Did god tell you? Lol

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

islam sucks. lol!! well, just to be fair, they kill more of their own than others.

Anyone using any reason really to kill another is sucky.
But I especially have a distaste for people using hypothetical deity desires to justify their savagery.
These fine people here
are Christians attacking and burning a few elderly "witches".
Warning on the video before watching: it contains scenes of reality in parts of the "Not America" world.
This is a good example though of what happens when superstition is allowed to motivate crowds.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

" Its vague but most people do believe in a higher being."

A higher power? Oh yes. Lightning, tornados, earthquakes, oceans, fires, etc. 95% of this world is a higher power because we have to borrow from the elements to stand a chance against them. They are not gods, they are products of chemistry which is a product of physics. Nothing to worship or bow down to, but certainly something to respect. Stuff that can easily wipe us out in our most natural state. Does that qualify as a "higher power"?

ever been to AA? how many atheists there? do they go?

That's because they are encouraged to believe that they are inherently too weak to abstain by their own strength.

lol!! wtf? so you make fun of them for getting help?

Look at you putting words in my...fingers? lol. I said that they are encouraged to believe that they are inherently helpless to abstain by their own strength. According to Wikipedia, the 12 step program includes:

admitting that one cannot control one's addiction or compulsion

Good thing one of us knows what s/he is talking about.

edit on 23-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join